TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kageboshi by Silvercatninja13

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is the result of boredom... :3

She felt pain.

It grew and grew, engulfing her body like fire.

After what seemed like eternity, but in reality was only a few seconds, the pain faded. She could vaguely feel her senses fading away, and her body began to feel very cold. If she had the strength, she would’ve shivered.

Instead, she attempted to glare at the red eyed man and red-inverted eyed woman staring emotionlessly down at her. Her eyes unwillingly shut and, despite her best efforts, refused to open again. Giving up, she slipped into unconsciousness.

^_^--s-c-e-n-e-c-h-a-n-g-e-w-o-o-t--^_^

A man with silver hair leapt from tree to tree, closely followed by another man smoking a cigarette and a woman with piercing red eyes. The man with silver hair also had on a mask that covered his nose and mouth, a Konohagakure headband that covered his left eye, and a ninja‘s jounin vest.

The other man wore the same jounin outfit, had his headband on his forehead, and a cloth with the kanji for ‘fire’ on it around his waist. He had short, somewhat spiky dark brown hair and a small beard, and dark brown eyes.

The woman had wavy, long black hair and wore her headband on her forehead as well. Her clothes consisted mainly of what appeared to be a dress made out of strips of cloth.

“Hey,” the woman said to the dark-haired man beside her. “Asuma, when do this year’s academy students graduate? I heard we were going to get teams this year.”

Asuma shrugged slightly. “I’m not entirely sure when, but I think they graduate in about a week. Oh, and the old man said that we would get teams this year. Whether or not we remain a team is up to us as their sensei, Kurenai.” He looked away from Kurenai and turned his head towards the silver haired man.

“Kakashi, have you ever passed a team?”

Kakashi answered with a blunt, “No, none of them were fit to be ninja.” He suddenly stopped, motioning for Asuma and Kurenai to do the same with a raised hand.

“I smell blood,” Kakashi stated. “Come on.”

They all leapt to the left and after a few hundred meters, arrived in a clearing littered with blood and corpses. The three Konoha ninja looked at each other and nodded, cautiously approaching a pile of bodies.

It was almost immediately clear that every body in the pile was way dead. Most only had gashes on their throat or a stab wound through the heart. There were a few that were so coated in blood it was impossible to tell where the wounds were.

Ignoring the pile of bodies, Kakashi moved towards what appeared to be two people on the far side of the clearing. Upon reaching them, he knelt down next to the nearest one and turned them face-up on the ground.

It was a young woman.

She was alive.

Through the bloodstains, Kakashi could see lightly tanned skin, blue-ish hair, and a mask that was much like his own. This piqued his interest, but his interest would have to wait.

“Oi! Asuma, Kurenai!” he called. “This one’s alive!”

Almost immediately, Asuma was at his side, while Kurenai checked the other person.

“Kakashi, this one’s alive too,” Kurenai said.

Asuma sighed. ‘How troublesome,’ he thought to himself.

--In Konohagakure--

A brown haired boy with a high ponytail and pineapple shaped hair suddenly jolted awake, slightly unsettled.

His friend, an orange haired boy who was slightly chubby, looked at him, confused.

“You ok, Shikamaru?” asked the chubby kid.

“Yeah, Chouji, I’m fine, I just had an odd feeling that something was slightly off,” Shikamaru replied.

Chouji shrugged slightly. “If you say so.”

--Back to the clearing--

“Well…Kurenai, come with me so we can help these two. Asuma, check for more survivors or clues as to who did this,” Kakashi ordered. “Kurenai, come on. We’re heading to the river.”

Kurenai nodded and the two leapt out of the clearing towards the nearby river. Upon reaching it, the two jounin carefully stood on the bank holding the two people in a way that would allow the water to flow harmlessly past them while the blood washed away.

Only thing to worry about was the freezing cold river water.

The woman, carefully held by Kakashi, opened her eyes halfway. Well, her left eye, anyways. The other was just barely covered by her dark blue bangs.

Noticing that her eyes…well, eye, was open, Kakashi looked down at her and gently said, “Hey, you awake already?”

The woman slowly blinked at him, as if it were hard to understand his words. Kakashi was about to say something more when she spoke.

“Cold,” she calmly said, as if she were saying a greeting.

Kakashi and Kurenai were both surprised. All of her visible wounds were not life-threatening. This made Kakashi suspicious. The sound of her voice reminded them of wind-chimes in some odd, yet pretty way, and it also held a very slight yet unidentifiable accent.

Kakashi broke the silence with, “What is your name?”

The woman looked Kakashi straight in the eye. Briefly, Kakashi wondered how he had not noticed her eye earlier. It certainly was unusual, considering that her iris was black and the pupil was light blue. He also noticed that her eye had an unfocused, almost fuzzy, look to it.

Can she see alright? he thought to himself.

The woman broke the silence with, “Kageboshi Tatsumaki. You?”

“Hatake Kakashi, and this is Yuuhi Kurenai,” he said, pointing to himself and then Kurenai. “If you don’t mind, Tatsumaki-san, could you tell us what happened to you and this other girl here?”

There was a long pause in which Tatsumaki’s eye widened slightly and she turned her head to the side to see.

“Midori-chan. She will live?” Tatsumaki asked, near emotionlessly.

Kakashi got the impression that she wasn’t a very talkative or social person.

Kurenai nodded. “Yes, she only received minor wounds from whatever hurt her.”

“Now,” Kakashi said. “Can you tell us who or what caused this?”

Tatsumaki looked directly into his eye, and once again Kakashi pondered the possibility of her having sight problems.

However, her response captured his attention once more.

“My sister, Kageboshi Tenshi, along with Uchiha Itachi.”

Chapter end notes: Opinions?