TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aachifakuto by Kayley

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or Full Metal Alchemist or any of the characters, insignias, etc. in them.

Summary: Team 7 has a new mission: To dig up an important artifact. But when they touch the artifact, they are transported into a different world.

Pairings: EdNaru, SasuNaru, and AlSaku if you squint.

A/N: This is a one-shot for the crossover contest at the livejournal community yaoifanbase. Here are the ages of the characters:

Ed: 15

Naruto: 14

Sakura: 15

Sasuke: 15

If there is something wrong with that...well, too bad.
Haruno Sakura leaned against the bridge, waiting for the rest of her team to arrive. She had gotten here extra early, because she had been woken up to a loud crash. Apparantly, it had only been a cat that had snuck into the house. It sure hadn't sounded like it though.

As she was pondering that, one of her teammates, Uchiha Sasuke(1), arrived. Once she noticed his presence, she immediately clung to his arm, and greeted, "Good morning, Sasuke-kun!" All the brunette did in reply was grunt. He didn't try to get her off his arm, since he already knew that it was an effort in vein.

"Good morning, Sakura-chan!" Came a shout from the distance. The last teammate, Uzumaki Naruto, had arrived, and now they only had to wait for the jounin, Hatake Kakashi. Earlier, Naruto probably would have been disappointed that his pink-haired teammate had latched onto his dark-haired rival, but he had become so used to it, that he didn't even take notice. "He told us to meet at seven, so he probably won't show up until ten," Naruto predicted. His teammates stood in silent agreement.

But, suprisingly, Kakashi had shown up ten minutes after seven. "Kakashi-sensei...you're actually not super late for once!" she commented. Kakashi just nodded before continuing on to the explanation of that day's mission. "The reason that I'm here early-" "Late!" both Sakura and Naruto shouted at the same time. "-is because this is going to be an extra long mission. It is estimated to take from now until the very end of the day. We're supposed to be searching for an artifact that has supernatural properties. It's rumored to be deep underground in the forest, so it's time to go digging!"

The gennin stared at the shovels that had been thrown at them. After a few seconds, Naruto asked, dumbly, "what's this for...?" Kakashi replied, "it's for digging. This mission will also be used for training, so you aren't allowed to use jutsus to get underground faster!" His team stared. And stared. And stared. He just loved tormenting them. After a moment or two, Naruto finally spoke up. "What! Why not? We don't even know how deep it is, or its exact location!" After a few minutes of ranting, Kakashi finally quieted him down by stating simply, "It's training."

So, a few minutes later, Team 7 was heading out to the forest, Kakashi amused, Naruto fuming, and Sakura and Sasuke annoyed. "Well, here's the spot," Kakashi announced. The team silently started digging in the spot signified.

After a few hours of digging, the silence was interrupted. "I've found it!" Sakura shouted, reaching down to grab the object. The moment her hand made contact, the object shined and all was engulfed in light.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Team 7 woke up, they were in a hole. A very, small, cramped hole. Underground. "Damnit, bastard! Get your foot out of my face!" Naruto yelled. Instead of doing as he was told to, Sasuke just stomped on Naruto's face. "Argh! You stupid bastard!" Naruto shouted in reply, now with a footprint on his forehead, where his headband should have been. Wait..., he thought to himself, where is my headband? But before he could ponder that, his thinking was interrupted. "Naruto! Stop being so loud, and listen!" Sakura ordered. Naruto complied and fell silent.

There were voices above ground, gradually getting closer. Upon closer inspection the words could be made out. "Did you hear something?" a voice asked. "Yeah, it was coming from that hole over there, the one where we found that irregular item," another replied. The speech was preceded with footsteps.

A few seconds later, two faces were peering into the hole. "What the-? There are people down there! Go get Elric!" the first voice ordered. "Which one?" the second voice responded. "Which one? Which one do you think? Edward, of course!" the first voice answered. The first voice grunted and walked away to fulfill the orders.

"Hey! Are you okay down there?" the first, and now lone voice asked. "Do we look fine? Get us out of here, now!" Naruto demanded. If Sakura was capable of moving her limbs, she would have punched him. "We're okay! Take as much time as you need, but please get us out of here soon." Sakura answered the voice, politely. Naruto huffed and stayed quiet.

At that moment, Edward Elric arrived. He clapped his hands together, and the ground split open. There were various reactions. "Hey! Now the hole is even bigger!" was Naruto's reaction. Sakura stared. "What jutsu is that...?" Sasuke asked aloud, though so quietly that no one heard him.

"Maybe I should just leave you hear to rot, you ungrateful, little-" Ed started, but cut himself off. Instead, he clapped his hands together again and the ground pushed upwards, causing Team 7 to be lifted. Now the hole was 5 feet to Naruto's right.

"Thank you so much-" Sakura started, but was interrupted when Naruto suddenly shouted, "Hey! You're super short!" at Ed. There was silence that was broken by two men, probably the two voices, sighing. Then..."Who are you calling so short that you can't see them, even through the highest powered microscope?" Edward yelled, punching Naruto. In reply, Naruto disappeared and reappeared behind Edward, knocking him on the head so he was knocked out.

The two men stared. "Geez, he's not very strong," Naruto commented. "Naruto! Did you see how he got us up here?" Sakura asked. "Yeah, but if it doesn't help him in a fight it's useless," Naruto replied. Sakura sighed, then punched him over the head. This was getting nowhere.

One of the men coughed, drawing the attention of the ninjas. "Will you please explain how you ended up down there?" he asked, using the first voice that had spoken earlier. "Oh! Yes, well after, we met at the bridge, Kakashi-sensei...wait, where is Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura wondered. The three ninjas looked, around, and didn't find him. "I didn't notice him anytime after Sakura found the artifact," Sasuke commented. Sakura and Naruto stared at him. The man who spoke stared too, because he wanted to feel like he was a part of the group. "...What?" Sasuke finally asked, after a couple of minutes of staring. "You...spoke, more than everything else you said today combined," Naruto observed. Sasuke just snorted and looked away. "...It looks like you've exceeded your word quota for the day. What a shame, we don't get to hear the great Uchiha Sasuke tell us about how much hair gel it takes him to get his hair that way(2)." Naruto stated, sarcastically. Sasuke glared at him.

The man coughed again. His subordinate was gone. "Oh, yes...well, Kakashi-sensei told us that our mission was to find an artifact-" but Sakura was interrupted, when the man suddenly spoke up, "Artifact?" "Err-yes, we dug it up, but when I went to pick it up, we were blinded by a bright light and then ended up here..."

"I see," the man interrupted, "in that case, it might be a while before you can get back to where you came from, so I'll find somewhere you can stay, may I please have your names?" Sakura answered, "Yes, our names, of course! My name is Sakura, and these two-" she pointed to Naruto and Sasuke, who were still glaring at each other, "-are Naruto and Sasuke."

"Very well, and my name is of no importance to you," the man answered, "I'll go ask Elric if he will find somewhere for you to stay." Team 7 wtf'ed as the man walked away and they were left standing there.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A couple of hours later, Team 7 found themselves in a large house, being greeted by what looked like a walking, talking suit or armor...wearing a cloth. "Welcome, you can situate yourselves as you please, and you will be called upon tommorrow to discuss the artifact you found," he greeted. Team 7 stared at him. "Wait...why are you wearing a suit of armor(3)?" Naruto finally asked. The suit of armor sweat-dropped. "Err...well, it's a long story...my name is Alphonse, by the way, but you can call me Al," he explained. "Currently, the country has had limited shelter, so all the inns were full. So instead you will be staying with me and my brother. We have some extra rooms, so it's fine. but you two-" he pointed to Sasuke and Naruto, "will have to stay in a room together, I hope that's okay," he stated.

Al led Team 7 to their rooms, and then left. "Wow, this is big," Naruto stated. The room, was, in fact, very expansive. Each side of the room had it's own bed, nightstand, and dresser. There was also an adjoining bathroom(3). Naruto ran over to the right side of the room, and sat down on the bed. "This side's mine!" he claimed. Sasuke just grunted and walked over to the other side of the room. He didn't sit down on the bed, in an attempt to not get it dirty. Don't forget that they had been crammed in a HOLE. A hole made out of DIRT. Since these people were being hospitable enough to let them stay in their house, he should do his best to not get it dirty.

It seemed Naruto had just noticed that, for he quickly jumped off of the bed, and, frantically, started wiping the dirt off. When he was done, he stated, "I'm going to go take a shower," then walked into the bathroom.

Sasuke sighed, annoyed. Now he was going to have to wait longer until he could sit down. Instead, he decided to wander around the house.

He walked past Sakura's room, and done the stairs, where he found the Edward, the short person they had met earlier, and Al. "Hey, aren't you...?" Sasuke started, but was cut off by a glare Ed sent at him. He didn't want to have to spend the night outside, and in a place he had never been before. "Right...so, what was that jutsu you used earlier?" Edward looked at him, confused. "Jutsu...? That was just a form of alchemy..." he answered. He then went on to explain what alchemy was, and its rules.

They were interrupted when a voice came from upstairs. "HEY, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO WEAR?" Naruto was yelling from the bathroom. Everyone downstairs(and probably upstairs too, but that doesn't matter right now) flinched at Naruto's loud tone. "Dobe..." Sasuke commented. He then turned back towards Edward. "Do you have anything he can wear?" he asked. Ed nodded and went upstairs, with Sasuke following.

While Sasuke entered the room he shared with Naruto, Edward continued down the hall, probably to go to get the clothes. "Dobe, did you have to be so...loud..." Sasuke trailed off, seeing Naruto sitting on the bed, wearing nothing but a towel. Naruto, though, was looking past Sasuke at Edward, who had just arrived with the clothes and was staring in the same manner as Sasuke. They stared in silence for a couple of minutes, while Naruto analyzed the clothes.

"...It's not orange," Naruto commented, breaking the silence, while staring at the outfit. Both Ed and Sasuke were snapped out of their stupor, and Ed shoved the clothes into Naruto's arms. "They're the only choice you have, so put them on," Ed ordered. Naruto was about to change, but, seeing how Ed and Sasuke were staring at him, decided to go to the bathroom. He didn't see the disappointed looks on the other boys' faces.

After a couple of minutes, Naruto stepped out of the bathroom. He was wearing one of Ed's outfits, complete with the red coat(4). Sasuke surveyed him for a minute, and then turned towards Edward. "Do you have anything I can wear?" he asked, "I'm too tall to wear that," he explained, pointing at Naruto. Ed stared blankly and replied, "I'll see if I can find something." He then left.

The rest passed silently, as Naruto lay on the bed to go to sleep, since it had gotten pretty dark, and Sasuke headed into the bathroom to take a shower.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everyone met the next morning at a small table to have breakfast. Naruto was wearing the same outfit from last night, and Sakura was wearing an old, green summer dress, but since they couldn't find anything for Sasuke to wear, he had just washed his clothes, and was wearing them again. "Good morning, Sasuke-kun!" Sakura called across the room. Sasuke just ignored her and continued walking toward the table.

Sakura was disappointed to be refused yet again, but after having been refused numberous times, had gotten over it, so she now turned towards Naruto "Good morning, Naruto!" she greeted cheerfully. Naruto responded with a, "Good morning, Sakura-chan!"

They all met at the table, and sat down, as were the Elric brothers. "So, what do we do to get back?" Sasuke asked, as Naruto and Sakura started eating the food that was on the table. Ed stopped in the middle of eating. "Wlf hab ta ga ta deh ofsh..." Everyone sweat-dropped. Ed resumed eating. "He said 'We have to go to the office'..." Alphonse explained. "What office?" Sakura asked, swallowing the food she had been eating. "Well, the artifact you described, it seems that some of the military officers had found one fitting the description a few hours prior, but when they touched it, it disappeared," Al stated.

Sakura nodded in understanding and went back to eating. The rest of the meal passed in silence.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Once they had finished eating, everyone had gone over to Ed's workplace. After manouvering around for a few minutes, they walked into a room that was larger than the rest. Sitting at the desk was none other than..."Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked. The gray-haired jounin was wearing the regular military outfit, along with his usual mask. Kakashi looked up from some papers he was signing, and asked, "Do I know you? And why are you wearing Edward's clothes?" Naruto blinked, but didn't answer the question.

"So what do you want?" Sasuke asked, knowing that there was a chance that Kakashi didn't know them. This whole place was messed up. Even if Kakashi was just toying with them, he was going to get out of there no matter what. "I don't recall asking you for anything," Kakashi replied. Sasuke was pissed. He was about to retort, when Edward suddenly interjected. "These were the people who we found at the location of the artifact."

"Oh?" Kakashi asked, suddenly cheerful, "Very well then, follow me!" He then proceeded to drag Sasuke and Naruto by the arm out of the room and through the hallways. Sakura looked after them, confused, and then decided to follow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They ended up at a room that had two guards standing on each side. Seeing Kakashi, they both stepped out of the way, giving him passage. "Why is the artifact under so much protection?" Sakura asked from behind Kakashi. "Well, when someone went to pick it up, they disappeared and we want to make sure that doesn't happen again," was Kakashi's response.

Sasuke stopped where he was, making Kakashi, who was still dragging him and Naruto, stop as well. "What do you mean 'disappeared'?" he asked. "Well, as you described, after we had sent a colonel(5) to the spot where an anonymous source had claimed a powerful artifact was, there was a bright light that we could see from the window of the room some of the military workers were conferencing in, but when we went out to see what it was, no one was there." Kakashi answered.

They walked into the room, and the exact same artifact that Team 7 had found was directly in the center of the room, surrounded by a wall of a substance that looked like glass. "Wait...how did you transfer the object here? I mean, if it transported anyone who touched it," Sakura wondered. "We carried it using alchemy," one of the men who had been guarding the door answered. He had shoulder-length black hair and dark eyes, with pale skin. "Alchemy?" Sakura asked. "What Edward used earlier," Sasuke replied. Sakura looked at him curiously, then looked away, understanding that he didn't want to have to explain the properties of this unknown technique.

"Hey, don't touch that!" the dark-haired guard yelled at Naruto, who had been uncharacteristically quiet, and who was reaching out to the artifact, looking dazed.

When Naruto's hand made contact with the object, everything was engulfed in a black light.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When everyone woke up a few minutes later, Naruto couldn't be found anywhere. "Damn that idiot!" Sasuke yelled, "he's probably in some other dimension!" Sakura placed a hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down, but he ignored it and fumed, though silently this time.

"There's no use worrying," Kakashi stated, cooly, "we might as well go back and try to figure out what why the artifact is causing these transportations."

Sasuke bowed his head, knowing that the older man was correct. He still worried about his best friend, but wouldn't let it affect his judgement.

That is...he would have continued worrying about the blonde, if they hadn't found him unconscious in the hallway, slumped against the wall, as if he had been trying to get away but had failed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile, Naruto had woken up in a dark, all too familiar corridor. "What the hell...?" he thought, as he walked down the corrider into the light, where he knew the cage that sealed the fox was beyond.

"HEY, WHAT AM I DOING HERE?" Naruto yelled at the fox, which looked like it was sleeping. Did demon foxes sleep? The answer to that question, we may never know...

"How should I know, brat?" the Kyuubi replied, in the same position. Apparently, he hadn't been sleeping.

"Just get me out of here!" Naruto demanded.

"I don't have to do anything for you..." the fox replied, resuming his current status of ignoring the loud blonde.

Naruto fumed, looking around the area, trying to find an exit. Seeing none, he decided to go back the way he came, but only ended up at a dead end. "Damnit!" he cursed(6). Then he heard someone saying his name. He looked around, and, seeing no one, became confused. His name was said again, this time by a different voice, one which he recognized. Sasuke? he thought, heading in the direction of the voice.

He ended up at a corridor that seemed to have just appeared out of nowhere. Walking down it, he saw another bright light, and headed towards it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Naruto slowly opened his eyes, only to see his vision blocked by a forehead that was very close to his. He felt a pressure on his lips that he shouldn't have felt. What the...? he thought, analyzing the limited view that he had been given. All of a sudden realization kicked in.

"Ahh!" Naruto screamed, scrambling away from the Uchiha. "You! What were you doing?" he demanded.

"Your awake, aren't you?" Sasuke asked, smugly.

"B-But..." the blonder looked around the room, and to his dismay saw Sakura and Ed, who both had looks of horror plastered on their faces.

"Stupid bastard..." Naruto muttered, while trying to get out of the bed. He was stopped, though, by the Uchiha, who questioned, "what happened after you touched the artifact?"

Naruto furrowed his brows, confused. "I never touched any artifacts..." he stated.

Sakura, snapping out of her stupor, and deciding to ignore what had happened a couple of minutes prior, replied, "Actually, you did...you were walking towards it, and when you touched it, the room was filled with a black flash."

Okay..so maybe he had activated the magical properties of the artifact...even if he didn't remember...he still wouldn't have been able to tell them what happened without revealing his secret, so he decided to lie. "Oh...I don't remember that..."

"Do you remember anything after that?" Sasuke asked.

"No," Naruto replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Sasuke decided to leave Naruto alone, for the blonde was starting to become annoyed. He got off the bed and walked to the door. "Come downstairs in 15 minutes," he commanded, walking out of the room.

Edward had left the room earlier, unnoticed, so now the only occupants in the room were Naruto and Sakura.

"What a bastard..." Naruto commented.

"He's just worried," Sakura assured.

"Him? Worried?"

"Yes, earlier, after the flash, you were gone and he had gotten really upset."

Naruto blinked, then looked away. They stood in silence for a couple of minutes, and then Sakura headed out of the room. Naruto sighed, and decided to follow her, a few minutes later.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When he got downstairs, he saw to scenarios. The first was Sakura and Al, sitting at a small table, having a conversation about lawn gnomes. The second was a one-sided glaring match between Sasuke and Ed on the couch, in which Ed glared and Sasuke just sat there with a smug look on his face.

"Uh...hello?" he asked, interrupting both the conversation and the glaring match. "Oh, Naruto, why don't you come sit down here? We have to discuss the effects of the artifact," Sasuke told, signifying the spot inbetween himself and Ed. Naruto eyed the spot warily, as if it were going to suddenly come up and eat him, but then decided to sit down.

"So...why are we here?" Naruto asked. "I told you just a minute ago, dobe," Sasuke insulted. "Don't call me that, teme!" Naruto replied, annoyed. "Whatever, usuratonkachi," the Uchiha replied.

Naruto was angry, and about to retort, when Sakura cut him off. "Come on now, play nicely, boys," Sakura pleaded. Naruto glared at Sasuke once, then looked at Ed. "So what exactly are we supposed to be discussing about the effects of the artifact?" he asked. Ed blinked stupidly for a second, and then replied. "Oh, well, as of yet, we haven't found any ways of transporting you back to where you came from, or getting our men back, so we are here to try to resolve this situation."

Naruto stared, and then replied, "...and you need me here, why?"

"The more people here, the better, and you have experienced a different effect of the artifact, involving that flash. Are you sure you don't remember anything? Not even touching it?" Al asked.

"No, I don't remember anything," Naruto deadpanned, walking up the stairs. "It's getting late, so I'm going to go take a shower," he informed, then disappeared from sight.

Downstairs was silent for a moment, and then Sakura spoke. "Well...he wouldn't have been any help, anyways...he's not one of the brightest people..."

Everyone nodded in agreement. They then started debating how they could make everything normal again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Sasuke walked into his room 20 minutes later, Naruto was still in the bathroom, though the shower wasn't turned on.

After a few seconds, Naruto creaked the door open just enough so only his head would be seen, and demanded, "bastard, go get my clothes."

Sasuke just snorted and resumed his previous activity of combing his hair.

"Bastard, did you hear me? I said go get my clothes!" he yelled, slamming the door open.

The dark-haired gennin gaped at what the blonde was wearing - which was absolutely nothing. "Shit!" he suddenly yelled, pushing Naruto out of the way, running into the bathroom and locking the door.

It took Naruto a moment to grasp what just happened, but when he realized it, he started pounding on the door. "Hey! Unlock the door!"

Sadly, poor Edward had chosen that time to enter the room. He dropped the clothes he was holding and fainted from nasal blood loss.

Naruto looked down, curiously, at Edward. He decided to just grab his clothes and start changing.

Unfortunately, that was the time Al decided to come in. Luckily, he wasn't affected by Naruto's appearance like Sasuke and Ed were. "Uh...er...Sakura and I made some dinner for everyone, and you can come down when you're ready..." Al trailed off when he saw his brother, fainted on the floor, with a trail of blood running from his nose. He sighed. "Not again..." he muttered, dragging his brother out of the room. Naruto stared after them for a minute, then resumed the task of putting his clothes on.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kakashi stopped by the next morning, to check on Naruto, and to drop off some clothes he had bought for the blonde, much to Naruto's dismay. He liked getting new items...but these clothes...were a bit to snug.

There was a black shirt. A really, really tight black shirt that almost cut off Naruto's circulation. Kakashi had also gotten really tight black jeans. These clothes made him feel very uncomfortable. Mostly in front of Ed and Sasuke.

Ever since the previous night, both boys had been looking at him strangely, and it freaked him out. He felt that if he wore the forementioned clothes in front of them, it would just get worse. So he decided to hide the clothes in the closet, and continue wearing his and Ed's outfit in rotation.

Right after he hid them, Sakura had come up announcing that they still hadn't found a way to get back to Konoha, so they should try and find a place to work. She didn't want to have to put any other strain on Ed or Al.

So, for the whole day they searched for jobs while Ed had gone back to work. So far, it had been to no avail. Naruto threw down another newspaper, frustrated. "Damnit, I can't find anything!" he complained. "Just be quiet and keep looking, Naruto," Sakura responded. Naruto muttered something incoherent, but went back to searching.

After another half and hour, Sakura jumped up. "I found one!" she exclaimed, holding a newspaper ad. Together, the team read:

Waitress needed at small cafe

Working from 8am - 5pm

$7 an hour(7)

Between the ages of 15 and 25

Call the Kurai Cafe at 1-800-243-5342

"Great job, Sakura-chan! It sounds fun!" Naruto exclaimed. Sasuke rolled his eyes at Naruto's immaturity.

"Now that I've found a job, I'll help you guys look for yours!" Sakura explained. Everyone went back to looking for jobs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That night, no one had found any other jobs that would fit for them. The main problem is that they hadn't had much education in anything besides ninja arts.

Sakura had already called and gotten the job as a waitress, and she had gone to take a shower. Naruto and Sasuke were still searching for jobs.

"Damnit!" Naruto whined, "There aren't any here!"

"Shut up, dobe, you're giving me a headache," Sasuke stated. A couple of minutes later he smirked. "I think I found something that would be just perfect for you," he explained, clipping out an ad. He was about to hand it to Naruto, when it was snatched out of his hand by Sakura, who had just gotten out of the shower.

She read the wanted advertisement and burst out laughing. "Naruto...? Oh god..." was all she could get out before she started laughing again.

"What?" Naruto asked, confused, as he snatched the ad and read it. It took a while longer than it took Sakura, and it took even longer to process it. Then he realized what the contents of the message were. "What?" he screamed, his face read from both embarassment and anger, "Sasuke, you bastard!" He threw the newspaper ad at Sasuke, and ran upstairs.

Sakura had finally managed to stop laughing. "Were you serious?" she asked Sasuke, err...seriously. "...Yes," he replied with a smirk. She burst out laughing again, walking up that stairs.

Sasuke picked the ad up off the ground, and read it over again.

Wanted: One Male Stripper

Has to be a party animal.

Times are 8pm - 2 am

Paid $20 an hour

Please contact Damien at 1-800-243-6446

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Naruto woke up the next morning, he noticed a warm presence sleeping next to him. He was about to scream and jump around when he remembered what had happened the night before.

After he had gotten pissed off at Sasuke, he had stormed up the stairs and into Ed's room. No one had been in there so he fell onto the bed and went to sleep.

Naruto yawned and got up, vaguely missing the warmth he had felt during the cold morning.

He looked at the clock and saw that it was only five a.m., when everyone in the household woke up at six a.m.

Naruto decided to go downstairs to see if he could find a job in the new day's advertisements, although it wasn't very likely for the section to gain many offers in just a day's time. He started walking towards the door, when a hand grabbed onto his sleeve, making him stop. "Why were you in my room?" Edward asked, and though his face was stern, his voice was sincere. "I just got mad at Sasuke...that's all..." Naruto replied. "Did he do anything to you?" Ed questioned. Naruto stared at him for a second, then blushed and answered, "He didn't do anything."

Edward stared at him for a second, then let him go. "Don't wake anyone up," he warned, then turned over and went back to sleep.

Naruto stood there for a minute, then he smiled and left the room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Naruto got downstairs, a certain someone was already sitting on the couch, hands across his chest.

Naruto, obviously ignoring him, walked into the kitchen and poured himself a cup of water. When he exited the kitchen again, Sasuke had left. Or so he thought.

"Hello, Naruto," was breathed into his ear, as Sasuke appeared behind him.

Naruto jumped in suprise, then cursed himself for doing so. His body stiffened as he felt two arms slide around his waist and wrap around him. "W-what are you doing?" Naruto asked. "Just having some fun..." the voice replied into his shoulder, making a shiver run up his spine.

Just then Sakura walked into the room, intent on getting a cup of water. When she saw the boys, she shrieked and fainted. She liked Sasuke. She liked Naruto. Just not together.

"Now where were we..." Sasuke stated more than asked, moving his hand lower along the younger boy's torso.

"Uhh...S-Sasuke..." Naruto said, trying to find a way out.

"Let him go!" Edward yelled at Sasuke. He had heard Sakura scream, and had run down to the kitchen, where Sasuke and Naruto were. Sasuke glared at the short alchemist. "I don't have to do anything you say," Sasuke replied, pulling Naruto closer to himself, and lowering his hand even more, making Naruto yelp.

Ed growled and clapped his hands together, using alchemy to form a wall between Sasuke and Naruto, forcibly seperating them.

Naruto fell to the floor, panting, and scrambled away, behind the couch, and away from the Uchiha.

"What were you doing?" Ed questioned Sasuke, who had also fallen to the floor.

Sasuke, standing up and dusting himself off, replied, "just having a little fun." He pushed past Edward and walked up the stairs.

Ed glared at his retreating back, while Naruto sat on the ground, in a daze.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Sakura came to, she was lying in her bed, with Al by her side. She heard voices and turned to see Ed and Naruto conversing in the corner, too quiet to understand what they were saying. "You're awake," Al stated, in a cheerful voice. "What happened?" Sakura asked, groggily. "Well, brother and Naruto heard you scream, so they ran downstairs where you had fainted," Al replied. I must have been hallucinating... Sakura thought.

"Where's Sasuke-kun?" she asked. "Well..." Al started, trying to find what to stay.

After the scene in the kitchen, Al had gone upstairs to see Sasuke sleeping. It was an enigma to how someone could fall asleep so quickly. When he had woken up, he had acted as if nothing had happened. Everyone else had decided to act as though nothing had happened, for Sakura's sake. Sasuke was the only one who knew that Sakura didn't care that much, and had only fainted from shock.

"...He's probably downstairs, looking for a job. Speaking of jobs, shouldn't you be off to yours? Today's your first day," Al advised.

Sakura looked over at the clock, and saw that it was already eight a.m. and she was still wearing her sleeping clothes. Realizing this, she shoved everyone out of her room, and started to dress.

"What's her problem?" Naruto asked out loud, once they were in the hallway. No one answered.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After Sakura and Ed had gone to work, Al and Naruto were left to look at jobs with Sasuke. Everyone was silent.

Finally, Naruto spoke up. "What's the deal, Sasuke?"

Sasuke continued to look at the employment section, then spoke up. "Sleepwalking," he answered, so quietly that the other two occupants of the room could hardly hear him. They could almost see a blush on his face. Almost.

Naruto stared at him for a second, then went back to looking at jobs, muttering something incoherent. Once in a while, you could hear small phrases, like "stupid bastard" and "sleepwalking."

Suddenly, Naruto yelled out. "I found one!" He held out a newspaper article which read:

Military positions available in physical combat.

Evaluations start tommorrow and go on for three days.

There are two positions to be filled.

High salary.

Report to the office at 7 a.m.

Naruto started dancing around, glad that he had found a job he could actually have, and one with a high pay at that.

Al finally managed to calm him down after a couple of minutes. They spent the rest of the day training and watching television(8).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next morning, both Sasuke and Naruto woke up early to get ready for the test. They went to the office with Ed, but parted with him and went towards the examining room.

"Welcome," a loud, deep voice announced to the many attendees of the evaluations, "you are all here to try an get an occupation among the military, in this case a guard or laborer. For these exams, you will be tested in combat three ways: One with hand-to-hand combat, another in fighting with weapons, and the third, if you are eligible, is competing with alchemy. Please proceed to your assigned room."

Naruto was assigned to room three, while Sasuke was supposed to go to room five. They seperated and entered the signified rooms.

In the first battle, Naruto was able to beat his opponent in 5.32 seconds, while it took Sasuke 5.34 seconds to beat his own opponent. They both qualified for the next round, with the two highest scores out of all 324 participants.

For the second battle, Naruto fought with some shuriken and kunai he had brought, while Sasuke fought with a katana. They both managed to trap their opponents in the two highest times out of the remaining 126 participants who had managed to complete the first round.

The next round, though, was alchemy, which was something that Sasuke had little knowledge of, and Naruto had no clue what it was. They both pleaded to be let in to fight against the alchemists, and were the only two who were unable to perform alchemy to be allowed to fight that round, and only because of their high scores in the previous rounds.

Naruto was faced against an alchemist skilled in water, while Sasuke was pitted against none other than Ed.

For Naruto's fight, the arena was a body of water, with various floating panels. Catching his opponent off guard, Naruto used Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and was able to avoid all the opposer's attacks, due to the alchemist being unable to tell which Naruto was real. The alchemist was also suprised whenever one of the clones burst into a puff of smoke. Naruto knocked him out with a blow to the head.

Meanwhile, Sasuke had been fighting Ed, and Ed, already aware of the shinobi's ability to perform jutsu due to the fact that Team 7 had been living with him, was not suprised when Sasuke used Katon jutsu, and used alchemy to create a wall around it, to contain it. The black-haired ninja jumped up and disappeared, to reappear behind Ed seconds later. The full metal alchemist was also prepared for this attack, and immediately blocked the oncoming kick with his metal arm. Ed then used alchemy to summon to metal chains to bind Sasuke's legs, and, even though he had already won, punched Sasuke in the face, giving the taller boy a black eye. He smirked and walked out of the room.

Out of the twelve rooms where alchemy had been tested, one for each participant, only four people walking out of the rooms had not already worked for the military. That means eight people had failed to the alchemists, Sasuke being one of those people.

Seeing Naruto, Ed rushed over to him to congratulate him by kissing him on the cheek, making Naruto blush.

Everyone in the room, even the ones who didn't know Ed, started laughing joyously, and soon after Ed and Naruto joined in to. Ah, good times.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile, still stuck in one of the examing rooms, Sasuke was trying to get out of his bindings. "DAMN YOU EDWARD!" he yelled, and though everyone heard him, no one came to help him. Poor Sasuke-kun.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile(again), in Konoha...

A dark-haired alchemist was trying to find out what the hell had happened, and why he was picking flowers.

After he had touched the object, he had landed in a bed of flowers, and some blonde girl started yelling at him.

It pissed him off, so he burnt all of the flowers.That was when he realized he was in a flower shop. Baaaaaad idea.

The blonde girl, who was wearing a name tag that read "Ino" suddenly took out a bunch of weapons and threw them at him, still screaming. In the end, he had been forced to help put the fire out and clean up, just so he wouldn't have to go to jail. Then he had to repay the shop for all the flowers he had destroyed.

And that is how he, Roy Mustang, had found himself picking daisies and tulips with some little blonde girl who kept hitting him on the head with a fan.

THE END

A/N: I totally messed up the ending TT Oh well...

If you want to ask a question, or want me to reply to your review, please comment to my entry at yaoifanbase on livejournal instead of on here. If you don't have a lj username and comment anonymously, please leave your username or your email, so I can contact you.

Stuff in the story

(1) I so wanted to call him Fan Sausage...don't ask.

(2) Seriously, that isn't humanly possible! And don't comment with something like "it's anime hair", because...well, just don't, 'kay?

(3) Do they have bathrooms in the FMA world, or is there a different reason why Ed was showering outside? Anyways, in this world they do have bathrooms.

(4) OMG! KAWAII! glomps and hopes for fanart He would look good with and without the coat.

(5) Colonel? Kernal? I have no clue about military stuff I tried to figure it out during FMA today, but that attempt was in vain.

(6) Where exactly is that place? Is it in his stomach? The seal? A different dimension?

(7) I have no clue about how people should be paid. I'm only 13, so I'm not allowed to get a job yet...

(8) Like the bathrooms, I don't know if they have television in the FMA world, but I know that they have it in the Naruto world...so...yeah...