TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Space Children by Firestar83

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Re-upload
Naruto sat behind his desk and let out a frustrated groan. He didn’t even know where to start with the amount of paperwork that was piled high onto his desk. Hell, he was lucky he could even see over the piles of paper to look at the door! He just stared at the papers for a solid five minutes before letting out an angry yell and smacking his head down on the desk. He heard a knock at his door.

“Come in.” He groaned. He didn’t even look up as he heard the door open.

The person entering let out an amused huff. “And they call me lazy!” An all to familiar voice said.

Naruto picked his head up and stared back at a genuine genius. “Shikamaru! Man am I glad to see you here!” Naruto said, throwing his hands in the air as he sat up.

“Why is that?” Shikamaru asked, raising a confused eyebrow, normally Naruto couldn’t be around him too long.

“Frankly, I’d take any excuse to put this off a while longer!” Naruto admitted nervously. “Plus it gets pretty boring with no one around to talk to.”

“I guess it does.” Shikamaru said. “You’re not an office person are you?”

“Gee Dr.Nara, what tipped you off?” Naruto asked sarcastically, smacking his head down on the desk again. Shikamaru had been dead on with that one. It had only been two weeks since Naruto’s promotion to Hokage, and it had been turning out to be even more of a headache than he’d though possible. And to think Tsunade had dealt with twice the amount of crap that he’d been dealing with!

“Alright then, I guess it can’t be helped…” Shikamaru said before walking around the desk and grabbing the back of Naruto’s collar.

“Shikamaru what the hell are you-!” Naruto said trying to shake out of his friend’s grasp.

“C’mon. An air head like you needs to get out more, so I’m taking you out for some barbeque.” Shikamaru retorted.

“Hey, I resent that remark!” Naruto yelled as Shikamaru dragged Naruto out of his office.

----(Meanwhile…about three million miles from the surface of the planet!)----

A small boy, the equivalent of eight earth-years awoke from a nearly twenty year slumber in cryo-sleep. His body ached and a horrible taste was left in his mouth and his stomach was churning. Water droplets floated lazily around the enclosed space of his containment tube. Soon the drawer like compartment he was housed in slid out as one of the technicians who had woken nearly three hours earlier pressed the main release button.


The straps that kept him secured to the drawer dug into his shoulders as he was eased out of the container. A technician, clothed in white was nearby in seconds, his striped grey face calm, undoing the straps to let him sit up. The technician held up a green plastic bag and not a moment too soon. Quickly the boy coughed up the foul tasting gelatine that had been in his stomach and oesophagus for nearly twenty years came up with the sudden motion.

He was convinced that the scientists who mad that stuff simply made it to make them suffer, because it tasted no better coming up then it had going down. It looked a bit like midnight-blue colored toothpaste, but it tasted more like composite metal than mint. He heard another fit of coughing from his left and turned to watch as the same technician take away another full bag from his sister. She would be about two earth-years younger than him.

She had the same striped skin pattern of the rest of their race, with hers being different shades of soft green. He eyes were more on the wild side, having a cat-like slit for a pupil (as did the entirety of their species) which was circle with a fiery-red and orange iris. When she noticed him she turned and gave a big wide smile, showing off the razor-sharp, but not threatening looking teeth that all the members of his species shared.

She was small for a girl her age, barely making three and a half feet, and wore a simple white t-shirt and pants.. The short, bony spines on her forehead, arms and legs, flexed slightly. Although no one really knew what those spines were really for, the boy had to admit they looked damn cool on anyone.

Speaking of appearances, he was much taller than his sister at around four-two, with a more vibrant green color to his skin than his sister with small streaks of brown stuck in random spots. His eyes were a more calm blue color, and he shared the same hair color as his sister which was chocolate brown. It wasn’t uncommon for siblings to share the same coloration, in fact it was considered odd to have two siblings with much different coloration.

“Sleep well, Zehemo?’ She asked as she floated up to his “drawer” and grasping the edge with both hands.

“What sleep? The only thing I remember is going to sleep and waking up.” He said, beginning to rant. “In fact it feels like I haven’t slept in sweeps!”

“Aw, come on! Cryo-sleep isn’t so bad!” She pointed out with glee. “It’s just like normal sleeping except you need to take that icky liquid first.”

Zehemo cocked an eyebrow at his sister. “Is the Zero-gee messing with your head Entele? Normally you’re the one who complains, not me!”

Entele huffed. “I guess I’m just excited.” She said pushing off and doing a backflip as she headed back to her “drawer”. “I mean, I’m going to be one of the first to colonize another world. The first colonization Theleron has ever witnessed!”

“Yeah, yeah, the first colonists, blah, blah, blah.” Zehemo said with a dismissive wave of his hand. Just then a small alarm blared, announcing the arrival of a message on the comm system. It echoed around the chamber, which was large enough to be confused with the skyline of a small city. Pillars criss-crossed the camber, holding more cryo-beds as still more lined the walls. All in all this chamber was big enough to house over ten-thousand travellers for the twenty year journey.

“All travellers are to gather their belongings and head for the hangar bays in an orderly fashion. You will board shuttle craft and prepare for atmospheric entry.” The intercom said just as a group of six HAVoK marines floated past, particle rifles slung across their backs. Zehemo knew they were there to make sure that the colony cities that were going to be set up were protected from local wildlife, just in case the animals down there saw the colonists as a tasty snack.

Zehemo quickly grabbed the side of his cryo-bed and swung down underneath it to find all of his things secured tightly with straps to the underside. A large single-strap backpack and a duffel-bag containing all the clothes he’d taken with him on the voyage, plus his T-pad (similar to a modern-day smartphone) which was his pride and joy. He knew though that in the twenty-odd years it had taken to make this trip had rendered this baby was obsolete, but he didn’t care, it worked just fine and that’s all he needed.

He unstrapped all of his gear, slung the backpack across one shoulder and the duffel bag on the other shoulder, stuffing the T-pad in the front pocket of the backpack. His sister joined up with him, carrying her own backpack of the same size as his. She didn’t have to lug around an overstuffed duffel bag. Lights guided the children towards the shuttle bays. Passing through the airlocks that led to shuttle A-6, weaving through other travellers who had taken a moment to stop and chat with friends.

But Zehemo and Entele only had each other. Their parents had abandoned them long ago and he’d taken care of his sister ever since. They’d gone on that trip to start a new life, to have a chance to make a living somewhere other then on the streets of Theleron’s cities. When they reached the shuttle, they clambered over seats to find a place to strap in for the ride. Luckily the shuttle was huge, enough for eight thousand passengers, and they’d arrived early so that helped.

They found a pair of seats next to a window in the middle of the shuttle and he let his sister have the window seat. She was the one interested in stargazing, not him. As they strapped themselves in the real mass of people began to pour in. He put the duffel bag and his backpack between his legs, as they were instructed. They didn’t have to wait long as everyone found their seats and the shuttles began to launch from the bay.

Entele gasped. “Zehemo, look!” She practically squealed with joy. He leaned over to peer out of the window to finally see their destination. He could white wisps of clouds systems scroll slowly over the continents, surrounded by perfectly blue oceans. The planet was a bit smaller than Theleron, but it looked so pristine compared to the heavily industrialized and overpopulated homeworld.

“It’s so beautiful!” She added.

“Yeah, no kidding.” He said before thinking. His sister rubbed his cheek.

“Aw! I always knew you cared!” She said in a slightly mocking tone.

“I do not!” He said sitting back in his seat and crossing his arms, putting on his pouty-face. His sister giggled as she watched the planet approach at an ever increasing rate.

“I wonder what it’s like down there…” She asked in wonderment as the planet loomed up in front of them, and for a second she was worried that they were going to plough straight into it. That’s when the shaking started. It was like being in the middle of an earthquake, the cabin of the shuttle shook around and there were slight creaking sounds that to her meant that the ship was about to break apart.

She clung to her brother’s arm and shut her eyes as the cabin began to warm up slightly. He gently stroked her hair to calm her, which was stupid because he also thought that they were going to die. He decided to look out the window from where he sat and saw two shuttles, so small at such great distances, getting smaller and smaller. They were all splitting up so each set up their own city. Twelve shuttles meant twelve different cities and the chance for each to flourish.

Finally the shaking stopped and the warm cabin was beginning to cool slightly. He could feel the pull of gravity against his body as the shuttle levelled off and began to decelerate. His sister still didn’t let go even as the shuttle came to a stop and he felt the thud of it’s landing gear hitting solid ground.

“Hey, we’re here!” He said to his sister ruffling her hair.

“Are you sure?!” She whimpered, her grip loosening only slightly and her eyes remained squeezed shut.

“Yeah I’m sure, everyone’s leaving!” He said as the main landing doors at the front of the shuttle opened. Finally she let go and the two gathered their things and followed the group out of the shuttle. When they made it outside, the scene was unlike anything they’d seen before. There was grass and trees and flowers and even the trills of birdsong echoing through a forest. What’s more is that in some spot, crystals that seemed to glow stuck out of the ground in various places.

Oh yeah…they could live here.