TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Forever And Always by Tragedy

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
She's sitting at the table, the hours get later
He was supposed to be here

Here, with her, at the restaurant where they had made dinner arrangements. He was supposed to be here. And he wasn’t. She had been running a little late so she hadn’t minded when he wasn’t there himself, when she finally arrived. But a few minutes of acceptance turned into a near hour of anticipation bordering on agitation.

She's sure he would have called
She waits a little longer, there's no one in the hallway

Well, that wasn’t quite true, but it was always nobody she cared about. She only had one person on her must-see list right now, because he had stolen her heart before the war had whisked him away. After a slew of high-ranked, village saving missions, she had convinced the Hokage to give them one night off, seeing as they would both returning to the village that day. She saw a few lives that she had saved here and there, and sometimes it was nice to see them alive and breathing, but mostly the lack of her date made it feel like she was dying herself. Possibly drowning.

No one's said they seen him
Why, is something wrong?

When it was exactly one hour after when they were supposed to meet, she became anxious enough to start asking around as to if anyone had seen him. Guests and employees alike, it made no difference to her, she asked until it seemed pointless. A couple people asked her if something was wrong, and she knew there was, but she just couldn’t explain it properly.

She looks back to the window
Suddenly the phone rings

After sending back the waiter on his latest visit through the window, she took note that not only had the sun all but set, but it was also starting to rain. She distracted herself by allowing her eyes to follow the tracks left behind by the rivulets of water the streaked down the window pane. And all of a sudden she was stricken with a terrible fear, however irrational, as she was snapped back into reality by the ringing of a phone somewhere in the back of the resteraunt.

A voice says somethings happened
That she should come right now

Her instincts are not proven wrong as a group of waitresses and chefs come running towards her before suddenly stopping just a few feet away. Their faces show mixes of sorrow and shock. Maybe some desperation, but nobody’s talking, nobody’s saying anything. And then a voice speaks up from the back, shaking and quivering, but daring to speak nonetheless. The woman, for it is a woman’s voice informs her that something’s happened, and that there’s an escort waiting for her at the village gates. She says that there’s no time for questions and answers, she just has to go.

Her mind goes to December
She thinks of when he asked her
He bent down on his knees first
And he said

She believes her right away, and she dashes herself, forgetting to thank them in her rush. Her intuition tells her they’ll forgive her, but more importantly, that the reason that she was being summoned and the reason that she had apparently been stood up were deeply related. As she gets there, a team of shinobi are awaiting her. They take off as she approaches, so that she never has to stop. The team captain, a twenty-something year old blond only says one thing to her: it’s him.

I, I want you forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together
Forever and always

She tries, and fails, to push the memories out of the residence of her mind, if only for the moment. Nobody gathers significant others to their goodbyes on a battlefield. She has a job to do, she understands this well.

She pulls up to the entrance
She walks right to the front desk

They run, full speed ahead despite her wearing clothing more suited for relaxing rather than combat, up to the first watch tower. The guards, instead of stopping them, run ahead in much of the same way as the team who were currently escorting her had. The first guard, on the left , informed them that he had been brought as close as they dared to move him all so that she could reach him faster.

They lead her down a million halls a maze that's never ending
They talk about what happened but she can barely hear them

They zigzag a lot through the trees, following the second guards lead. The first guard apologizes and explains that the first guard is following the directions of his bird summon that was guiding them around battles. It would not due to have her held up. The guard then continues on to explain about the ambush that had caught her date’s team by surprise, and the current situation. When he is done, she nods absently and blows pass the second guard, whom she had not noticed stopped running.

She tries to keep a straight face as she walks into the room
She sits by his bedside, holds his hand too tight

Tsunade leaps more instinctively then anything, and lands at the edge of the clearing, where a small hop brings her forth from the thicket. The cascading rain manages to cover up any sound she might have made, although she had not been attempting stealth. There, laying on a little makeshift bed, lay Dan Kato, the love of her life, the only man she had ever loved. At first, she denies to herself that he’s really in the condition that he’s in. She hesitantly walks over towards him and then slowly kneels down next to him, grasping his hand to get his attention.

They talk about the kids they're gonna have and the good life
The house on the hillside, where they would stay

He opens his eyes, and upon recognizes her, gives a little smile and squeezes her hand back. Regrettably, she slips her hand out of his, forcing herself to accept that the only reason his wounds were no longer gushing blood was because he had lost too much blood to actually gush out. She tries, with an impossible balance between success and failure, to reset her mind into it’s medical mode and begins to attempt to heal him, as she listens to him talk of things that should be.



Stay, there forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together, and always remember
Whether rich or for poor or for better
We'll still love each other, forever and always

Tsunade’s heart breaks in an impossible manner. As she’s reviving Dan’s body of physical wounds, almost daring to believe that he’d survive, despite maybe the possibility of remedial training, she realizes that Dan isn’t just dying of wounds suffered. Dan was really dying of poisoning and she could recognize Chiyo’s signature work now that the other issues were dealt with. She had arrived on time, and could’ve saved him if she had known but… she had been blind-sided and now, though she was trying, she feared that she would not save Dan in time.


Then she gets and idea and calls in the nurses
Brings up the chaplain and he says a couple versus

A bloodied hand wraps around her forearm, already cold.

“Stop,” he says to her. “It’s ok now.”

She forcibly jerks away from him and starts to yell at him, but she can’t do it. She just cries and cries and cries. After a while her tears subside a little, and she can see him again, albeit a very blurry version of him., and an idea strikes her. She looks around and askes if anyone is well versed. Someone replies that they are, and she whispers something into his ear. Shock quickly flashes across his face, quickly followed by a faint smile and a nod. He then disappears.

She borrows some rings from the couple next door
Everybody's laughing as the tears fall on the floor

He soon reappears with some rings he borrowed from the small town they were outside of. He informs her that the couple agreed to let her have the rings but she replies that that wont be necessary, she only needs them for the night. The shinobi who had run the task then, informs everyone else to the plan a safe distance away from dance. As they return, a strained “joy” is amongst the group, and every smile is accompanied by a brokenheart. A few shinobi keep up their guards in case of another attack, but most try to ease the tension by telling jokes and stories, trying to set a good mood.

She looks into his eyes, and she says

When Tsunade has gathered her nerves about herself, she drops down to her knee besides Dan, gaining everyone’s attention, and silence reigns. She grabs ahold of one of his hands, and their eyes lock, tears streaming from both sets, despite Dan’s soft smile. She says.

“Dan Kato,


I! I want you forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together, and always remember
Whether happy or sad or whatever
We'll still love each other, forever and always
Forever and always, forever and always”

She finishes the vows but his beeps are getting so low
His voice is almost too low

It is in her imagination that she hears the beeps, years and years compiled of countless months of working as a medic setting it into her mind. She takes note of his dwindling pulse, his stiffening fingers, his eyes dulling out. His soft voice.

As he says, I love you forever, forever and always
Please just remember even if I'm not there
I'll always love you, forever and always

He hands her her necklace back, and thanks her once again. She accepts the necklace and kisses him. When she sits back, he is already gone. She refuses to cry this time, content with letting the sky do it for her. She stands; her head hurts. Her will breaks and she falls. She is unable to stand again and so she screams. She screams and she cries, her tears never making it to her chin in favor of dripping from her nose. Her heart gives out and she collapses.

After checking her pulse, the captain of the team that escorted her had the one shinobi return the rings, another to bury Dan-san, and a third to carry their fallen princess, whom had lost her prince.