TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


To Shatter A World (INFINITE BATTLE-MIX) by Tragedy

[Reviews - 19]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Be Warned, This Story Is Gonna Be Dark Before It Get's Lighter. And Then It'll Probably Get Dark Again.
"I hate you! Oh my gods, I freaking hate you! Sasuke!!!!" Naruto shouted out. He screamed, howled to the heavens above and bid the ground to shake, quake, and break apart like his rendered heart. He wanted the world to fall into absolute darkness like his battered and tormented soul. This wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair. So why?

Naruto looked down on the once vibrant green eyes, now a dull green and her scleras, the part of her eyes that should be white, were now red and...

Oh god, oh god, oh god.... who the hell were the gods around here and why had they done nothing? Nothing!! She was dead now, dead dead dead dead deaddeaddeaddeaddead...

He traced over her eyelids with his fingertips, closing them, and his eyes roved down her broken body, down to her chest where there was a gaping hole. It still sizzled and burned and there was still steam rising.

Sasuke's hand hadn't gone all the way through, like Kakashi's had with so many of his victims. Instead, his hand had wrapped around her most vital set of issues and ripped them out... Uchiha Sasuke had stolen her heart in more ways than one, and for this, Naruto hated him with all the vengeance of the Earth.

But he was unable to move. The pain and shock paralyzed and squeezed and burned him.. and he almost hated himself for still being alive, DID hate himself for being too late. So he sat there, Sakura's head in his lap, he blood on his clothes, and the tears of all the heavens enveloping him. And he howled out the rest of whatever little heart he had left.
________________________________________


Shikamaru's POV

Sigh. Who could be coming up the stairs now? They were running, so they weren't just coming to relax: they were coming with a purpose in mind. Didn't they know that this was my relaxation spot? Where I came when I just wanted to be alone. Only Chouji would come and visit me ordinarily, but he had just left. Sigh.. how troublesome this would be.

At the top of the stairs appeared Ino. She turned as if to run towards me but stopped soon as she saw me. Usually I'd ignore her, but her expression made me sit up. Though she had to be tired, hard as she was running, her body just went slack instead of the heaving that accompanied heavy breathing and exhaustion. She stood there, absolute sorrow and disbelief and her eyes, but she said nothing. I assumed she wanted to, but she just didn't know where to start.

"Naruto's under interrogation," she began. But..

"Why? Isn't he out on a mission with Sakura? I know Yamato was with them, but he came back home early, right?"

Ino shook her head slowly, first right, then left, then right again. Then was bad, she always went left first. Gods I wish I wasn't so analytical sometimes.

"Right Yamato came home early but, Naruto came home just an hour ago with Sakura..."

"And? What’s so wrong with that? Why are they questioning him?

"He, h-he came home with Sakura i-in his arms." She said, voice trembling. I couldn't see her face, her head hung down. I could however, hear the soft sounds her tear drops made as they pelted the ground. Aww man... what happened?? It couldn't possibly be anything like their going out and Ino's jealous or something, right?

"H-her eyes were closed, and she wasn't moving, not even breathing. I would've thought she was just sleeping or something and I was too far away to detect her breathing but.."

I was up all the way, and in a flash I was holding because she had collapsed, and her body was shaking.

"But the blood. It was everywhere. Over her neck, ,down her arms, over HIS neck. Smeared over his face and staining his clothes. The smell, it was strong, it was so strong... that's what got my attention in the first place."

I turned to see Kiba squatting on the rail, eyes downcast and sad. Akamaru stood just inside the rails, licking Kiba's hand unenthusiastically. Panic welled up in my throat but I couldn't speak. Didn't have to though, as Kiba continued.

"Though it was dry already, the smell was so strong and pungent... and the smell of burnt skin filled the air so heavily that I had to wrap my nose four times just to be able to stand it, Akamaru here couldn't come at all."

"But Naruto didn't do it right? That's like, impossible." I was at a loss for words, didn't know what to think, what to say, what to feel. I finally understood Ino's strange behavior. Sakura had died. So ludicrously crazy. But was Naruto really being blamed for this?

"No," answered Kiba, referring to my earlier question. "They're allegedly questioning him about the mission, and the events surrounding Sakura's death, but I was there. I smelled him front ten feet from out the village so I was able to see him when he came in. I saw his eyes... They were slit like a demon's. And they were blood red."
________________________________________


Tsunadae POV

As I walked down the hallway, I understood why interrogation was being held in the ANBU basement, and why, Naruto had been strapped down and restrained, and then re-restrained, although he had been passive this whole time. Kakashi had said that he was reluctant to let go of Sakura's body. Said he probably only got it because he was Kakashi. He said that Naruto had just stood there and cried. He cried and cried and cried, and shook as he cried, seemingly already impervious to the smell. If he ever even smelled it. Says he would've cried too, probably. Except that, although Naruto shook as he cried, all the sorrow had seemed to pass from his body already. In fact, all emotion had seemed to already had left him, his body just didn't know how to stop crying yet. Besides, his eyes were the wrong red.

Sure enough, one of the ANBU reported that, about five minutes after Kakashi left, Naruto stopped crying. No more tears leaked, and no emotion replaced it. His face was more emotionally empty than a Hyuuga's, and that says something.

As I walked up to the door, I had to stop and take a breather. The truth? I was scared. I was scared witless. I was afraid of Naruto, and though half the jonin and ANBU teams would be in the room with me, I was terrified of Naruto. Not of what he himself could physically do to me. And there was nothing he could say either, to hurt me. But nevertheless I was afraid, and with good reason, too.

As I walked in, I kept my eyes closed, and continued to walk in what I hoped was a confident manner, until I got to where I felt Naruto was. My head was angled down, too low, when I opened my eyes. I had to look up, and so I rose my head, albeit slowly, so that my eyes could meet his eyes.

My eyes first had to adjust to the lighting. They finally focused on the stand that that I found myself staring at. I rose my chin a little until I found Naruto's boots, still caked in mud. His ankles were bound in two inch metal straps to the legs o the chair and the position the ANBU was in in the corner told me that he was also bound by jutsu. As I continued to raise my head, I saw this his arms were bound to the arms of the chair, much in the same way his legs were.

But as I looked up into his eyes, my worst fears were brought into reality. His eyes were not filled with sorrow as Kakashi's had been. They did not have that broken look that Ino's had taken on, or that 'I'm not quite sure how to feel look' Sai's eyes eyes had claimed. They were not angry like the Uchiha's, or secretive like the Hyuuga's. There was nothing there too hide, and that's what scared Tsunadae the most. How could such a passionate mans eyes be so empty? That's all she found, complete and total emptiness.

White scleras, red iris', black pupils and... nothingness.