TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Want to be a ninja? by nkbz

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: review.
Taku however, wasn’t satisfied by that answer. “I better not be some experiment… If I am going with you I want to be a ninja!” he said stubbornly, apparently forgetting he would be stranded in the outskirts of Konoha if he continued on his own.

The pink-haired girl raised a brow and said simply, “Idiot, as if I could promise you that.”

She groaned after the boy’s expectant look didn’t wane, and placed her fingers on her forehead out of frustration, probably wondering if he was more or less difficult to deal with than Naruto. “You aren’t going to be some experiment. I’m sure they are curious and will at least attempt to train you, but don’t get too carried away with that ego of yours -- I don’t know how you would fair against a kunai,” she said and extended a kunai with an attached seal towards the boy’s face.

Taku raised his arms in a mocking surrender. She thinks she's so coo!l

The girl grudgingly took the kunai and chucked it into a clearing about a hundred meters away, Taku could see the seal attached begin to glow blue, seemingly emitting chakra. He immediately noticed the wind increasing at a steady pace and knew he was in for something when Pink-hair gripped the back of his sash. Sure enough moments later a visible shockwave boomed not far from the location of the kunai. Taku was startled and knocked breathless by the blast, but remained held up by her.

A figure soon appeared to be zooming towards them from the night sky; Taku gaped in awe as it rapidly closed in. The figure—a man—hit the damp ground and skated across the grass, continually flailing his arms in a desperate attempt to keep his balance. Unfortunately for him he ended up on his butt about fifty meters into his landing before sliding to an eventual stop.

“At least he didn’t hit a tree this time,” Pink-hair said admittedly and strode towards the man now rubbing his back. A bewildered Taku followed closely.

That kunai pink-hair tossed must have held a signal attached to it, Taku concluded. After seeing the ninja fly out of the sky he understood why he had a shaved head, it would be a disaster if he did this type of thing often, and it was probably a good indicator of why he seemingly had half of his body covered in bandages underneath that Jounin outfit. Paired with the goggles he wore, the huge scroll attached at his back, and sheer number of pouches around his outfit he looked stranger than anyone else he’s ever seen..

“Yo~ Sakura! Don’t worry about me, I’m fine!” The sky-ninja called cheerily with a chuckle. He set his goggles on his forehead and began walking towards them.

“Heion-sensei, nice of you to uh... drop in,” Sakura mumbled, still appearing a tad overwhelmed. Taku peered at Sakura and was thankful that he wasn’t the only one who wasn’t mentally immune to watching people fall out of the sky in this strange world.

She motioned towards the boy at her side, “This is the one we are looking for, he’s Taku.”

“Oooooh~” he said in a drawn out surprised manner with a hand clasped on his chin, “Team 7 has made the first step on the road to completing our first mission,” he paused, seemingly having to pry his eyes away from Sakura and onto the feminine boy. “I thought this was supposed to be a boy. This wimp looks like a girl, yeah?” he said quizzically.

I’m not a girl! Taku brooded internally. He felt as though his entire body was being scanned by the stranger. His face flushed a both irritated and embarrassed tone of red. “And I thought mummies didn’t jump out of the sky,” he growled. Although he did have to admit that his own attire was unique and his hair was a bit long.

Heion let out a nervous laugh and waved his hand in a pleading manner, “only teasing, ya’ know?” He composed himself rather quickly after absorbing the incredulous looks the other two gave him. “In all seriousness, we don’t have a lot of time left before I am going to go eat dinner, meaning that introductions will have to come later, and we must go to Konoha now,” he concluded hurriedly and made his way towards the kunai planted in the ground a few meters away, sparing a reassuring wink at Taku’s dumbfounded expression.

“W-we aren’t going to be flying right?” Taku called out nervously to anyone who would hear him when he saw Heion squat down next to the kunai and perform seals, seemingly about to activate a Jutsu. The ninja was deep in thought, unresponsive, with his two fingers aligned at his nose. Taku gazed with uncertainty as a ring of visible chakra formed around the ninja and into the ground. Wind latched onto the outstretched chakra and swirled in a violent motion, as if it were being sucked in.

Taku cringed once the wailing sound started, and out of concern he turned to whisper to the long-pink-haired girl now known as Sakura, “Is he going to be alrigh—” but was suddenly cut off by a piercing and menacing sideways glare from Heion, his shark like teeth evident, added was a even creepier yet comical grin etched on his face that was barely visible through the swirling wind. Taku imagined Heion as a troll that was feasting on its prey, only to turn and spot himself appearing more delicious. He started backing up and bumped into Sakura’s chest, who apparently caught the memo to back away slowly before he did.

Sakura muttered to him with a forced smile, “You’ll be fine! He’s a Jounin. You wanted to be a ninja right?” She continued to chuckle uneasily and edged him forward.

“You don’t want to fly eh~?” Heion drawled eerily at Taku and rose up slowly like a zombie, arms dangling. The swarm of wind had attached completely to the ring of chakra, creating a soft humming sound. Aside from the unnerving lingering voice of Heion inside Taku’s head, it was deathly quiet. The ninja continued on slowly, “If you want to learn to become a ninja,” he paused and began descending upon the boy, “you first have to learn not to question--” Heion snatched Taku’s wrist, “--YOUR SUPERIORS!” and with a shout flung the boy head first towards the chakra ring at an insane speed. Sakura placed her hand over her mouth in shock.

Taku could only spare a glimpse at Heion before his body entered the chakra ring less than a second later. Through his dazed state he noticed two fingers pointed at his direction like a pistol, and a word being mouthed:

Bang.


He shot into the night sky like a shooting-star, his long orange hair turning his appearance into that of a meteorite. Konoha appeared in the distance the moment before he was forced to close his eyes due to the onslaught of wind as he continued his ascent. Once he felt he had hit the peak of his upwards rise, he pried his eyes open once again to see the many lights of the village now below him, he had no idea he was so far away from the destination. His stomach lurched at the sudden change in direction, and he found himself bullied down into a head first spiral heading towards the village gates like a bullet. He clenched his eyes shut once again and wrapped his arms around his head, bracing for whatever awaited him next.

Before he could finish his prayers, he was hit with another gust of wind head on that easily jerked him upright. For the first time he felt he had at least a tiny bit of control over his body. With every bit of strength he could muster he strained his limbs, continuously adjusting his spread arms and legs to keep upright. He had managed to keep himself upright and gradually slow down, but he was still going way too fast. There is no way I will be able to stop in time; I’m going to haunt that weirdo for the rest of his life! He brooded hopelessly. Visions of being splattered against the village gates flashed in his mind.

It was then he could see people outside the gates like little ants, getting closer by the second. Suddenly, one of the orange ants seemed to multiply from a cloud of smoke and a wall of them was being constructed.

You’ve got to be joking…

He was so close! He could now see the look on the yellow haired boys face looked just as terrified as his. Yellow hair had made a net out of clones and was bracing to catch him! It was then in the corner of his eye off to the side of the net he could see the crazy ninja that put him in this position standing with his fingers aligned at his nose once again. Somehow he had beaten him to the location, and two others stood by his side, but there was no time for sightseeing. A mere stone throws distance stood between him and a screaming net of orange jumpsuit wearing ninjas.

One more gust of wind hit him, knocking out what little breath he had left in him. It had slowed him enough that he could finally hear the yelling for a split second – something he dearly wished he could do -- before smashing into the net spread eagle. The human net bent and stretched, going to its limits. Poof sounds began to domino around him as the clones started popping from existence. It had somehow managed to stop him enough to start a freefall to the ground, yet just when he feared the worst he felt someone grab him in mid air and hoist him over their shoulder.

They landed deftly with a grunt, and the raven haired boy set him down with a look of indifference. He had to admit it was a nice catch. After what seemed like an eternity – but was probably a minute at the most – he was back on solid ground. After being ‘used’ as a mission by kids like himself, thrown in what he could only describe as some type of cannon, shot into the sky only stopped by a net of clones, he could finally breathe again.

But I still want to be a ninja!