TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

This was originally planned as a four-part story - so if you don't want the whole length, and all the drama unfolding afterwards, just stop reading after chapter 4.
Also, if you read this and don't stop reading after the first paragraph, I'd really appreciate it if you left a litte review or comment once in a while. Seeing numbers and statistics is one thing, but hearing what you think and knowing who you are is much, much better!
I especially encourage you all to tell me your speculations regarding the mysteries that will enroll in later chapters. ;)

That said:

All character's and settings are respectfully borrowed from: Kishimoto Masashi
This chapter's title was resepctfully borrowed from: The Coma Lillies

The Memorial had been put where once upon a time, before Pain's attack, the graveyard had been. It had taken almost one year to built it, ten meters in diameter, twenty in height, but now it was finished, covered under a gigantic canvas and waited for its inaugaration. The whole village, as well as visitors from all the other villages, had gathered. There was a stage set up infront of them, which was flanked by those who had given all of their strength and considerable amount of chakra in order to create the statue on one side, and the five Kages on the other.
Although, strictly speaking, there were only four Kages sitting there, and one empty chair bearing the symbol of fire on his rest, while the gathered crowd grew more and more impatient.
„Seriously...", Sakura sight. There were occasions, on which she had thought even Kakashi would not dare to be late, but apparently she had been wrong. If he does not appear within the next five minutes, she decided for herself, I'm going up there and hold that speech myself.
But luckily for her, at that percice moment, Kakashi stepped, seemingly out of nowhere, onto to the stage, apologised for letting everyone wait, and without further ado moved on to his speech, which turned out to be rather brief.
Everybody knew, what had happened one year ago, so there was no use in retelling it.
„It's not the events that need to be remembered", he said, „but the people, those we loved as well as those we did not really like that much, for they all sacrificed their lifes to save this world, and to give us a chance live in peace,..."
His voice trailed off, for a second there was a silence that ached for more words, then the great white canvas covering the Memorial burst into flames, burned in a quick and sudden, well controled flash of light.
When the fire had gone, the stage was empty, leaving a clear view to what was behind it.
A round pyramide on which they were all standing in circles, facing the world outside. In their hands they all held a small bowl and in each bowl a small flame flickered, casting its light on their stone faces. They were all there, cast in stone forever.
Every single one who had lost his or her life in the Forth Great War.
There were more speeches, silent prayers, chants, once again speeches and prayers, before the ceremony finally came to an end, feet shuffled away from the Memorial Square and into the village.
Sakura alone stayed behind, she had feared this day, feared the sight of the Memorial, and it greatly surprised her to actually find solace in looking at it now.
It was so huge that it seemed almost impossible to make out individuals among the deceased. None the less she began to walk around the statue, slowly, trying not to miss anyone. There was Iruka's scarred face, and that of Hinata, the late Raikage. Lee, standing next to his beloved Sensei. There was Lady Tsunade and Shizune, Temari...
Sakura's vision began to blurr. For the first time in one year there were tears that ran down her cheeks, silently and gently at first, untill, finally the barrage broke, she sank to her knees and cried, untill there were no more tears left.
She raised her head once more, looked up, looked at the top of the pyramide where they stood, back to back, united in battle, maybe for the first time in their lifes as well as the last, fighting side by side – determined to save this world, to save this world together, as a team.
Naruto and Sasuke.