TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Pirates of the Mist by silverwolf1213

[Reviews - 102]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Totally got this idea at random. It's so cliche to even be writing about pirates mixed in with the Naruto universe. But I had to do it! The inspirations for this story kept creating new ideas for me!
Chapter notes: Yeah, I know I should be updating my other stories. But this idea just randomly sprung into my head, and I had to write it down! Yes, it is very cliche. But then again, I love a good pirate story. And with pirates mixed in with the Naruto gang...even I can't wait to see how it will turn out. Haha, just kidding. I sorta already have the ending planned out.

So I hope you enjoy my first chapter of Pirates of the Mist!

I do not own Naruto. Sadly...
“Run! They are coming!”

Everywhere, people scrambled about, trying to find safety. Unfortunately, there would be no safety anywhere they ran. As the citizens of the village ran, giant tidal waves of water came crashing down on the buildings. The water flooded the area. Many people were swept up in crashing waves.

Those who were fortunate enough to still be standing weren’t out of the woods yet, however. Everyone had to keep moving. There was no time to waste. If any of those bandits caught up, they would all be dead. So they had to keep running away.

Away from… them.

The Blue Pirates.

The Blue Pirates were a hoard of rogue ninjas and thieves. They were the most well-known pirate crew of the era, maybe even in history. They attacked any ship that crossed their paths, and they struck all villages that were surrounded by water. Sometimes, they even attacked on the land. Towns and cities that were settled deep inside the continent were known to have been attacked by the Blue Pirates.

These rogues were S-class criminals. There were missing-ninjas from different villages as well as skilled thieves, weapons masters, and killers.

And as a crew, they were untouchable. No matter where they struck, the pirates would leave their fallen targets to head onto the next. The greatest warriors were never able to take any of them down. The pirate crew of thirty rogues was elusive. Their captain was an amazing strategist who was identified only by the midnight blue cloak that showed off the crew symbol. And this symbol struck fear into everyone’s hearts. The symbol was a yellow circle with three blue slashes cutting through it.

Many people who had encountered the Blue Pirates were scarred by the experience. The crew would attack, first swiftly and quietly, and then their strikes would destroy any remaining parts of their targets.

The members of the crew were all well-trained in whatever their job was. And they were intimidating. People who were unfortunate enough to meet a Blue Pirate would only see a heartless criminal who only took what he or she wanted and then left, spilling blood whenever necessary.

But the true fear that was brought along with this pirate crew was the captain. The amazing strategist who seemed to know everything about every village and every ship was known for being amazingly merciless in everything. No one actually knew the true identity of the captain, for no one had lived to tell the tale of what he looked like. And so, he was named a tiger. The Blue Tiger of the Mist.

As the citizens of the Wave Country continued to run, another tsunami came crashing down, destroying any remaining buildings that were somehow still standing.

The villagers made a mad dash toward the bridge that connected their country to the main continent. The Great Naruto Bridge stood proud and tall as the people ran across it to get to safety.

Suddenly, loud cackling laughter could be heard over the screams of terror. The pirates were making their way through the remaining pieces of the village, chasing down the villagers. If possible, the citizens ran faster across the bridge, trying to flee from their predators.

One little boy stumbled, and his mother shrieked in terror. She scrambled back to her son, trying to pull him up. “Inari! C’mon, you have to get up!” she screamed.

Tazuna sprinted back to his daughter and grandson. He pulled both to their feet, dragging them along. “Come on, move it you two! We got no time to waste!” the old man yelled.

All of a sudden, the small family was surrounded by ten muscular men. All of them were scary-looking and looked ready to kill at any moment.

“Leave us alone!” Tazuna yelled. In response to his demand, the pirates proceeded to grab and tie down the three family members.

“Please, don’t hurt us!” Tsunami screamed.

The bandits only snickered down at them as they watched the family struggle against their restraints. Suddenly, a soft stepping could be heard, and the pirates cleared the way so that a mysterious figure could walk forward. The person was wearing a midnight blue cloak, with the hood pulled up so that their face was covered from the shadows.

Tazuna and his family sharply inhaled as their eyes took in the figure. This was the captain. And no one ever lived after meeting the captain.

“Are you the famous bridge-builder named Tazuna?” a voice whispered, almost inaudibly.

“Y-Yes, I am,” the old man replied feebly.

“Good.” The captain stepped forward again and grabbed Inari. Quickly, a hand emerged from the cloak, holding up a kunai. The knife was instantly placed at the boy’s throat.

“No!” Tsunami immediately screamed in protest.

“Don’t hurt him!” Tazuna yelled. Inari stood stock still, eyes wide. But he refused to show fear. He had made a promise to someone that he would no longer be a cowardly crybaby. So he stood his ground bravely, not daring to show any hint of fright.

“Oh, don’t worry,” the voice replied. “I won’t kill the kid. Unless of course, you fail to obey my orders!”

“Why should I do anything you ask me?! You all are just a bunch of criminals!” Tazuna said.

“Ahem…” the voice interrupted.

The kunai was pressed deeper into Inari’s throat, drawing blood. The old man instantly shut his mouth and flinched as he saw the crimson liquid appear. The woman involuntarily released a sob as she saw her son being held captive.

“That’s better,” the voice continued. There was a hint of amusement in the person’s tone. “Now, I need for you, Tazuna, to build me a ship.”

“I don’t build ships,” Tazuna replied honestly. “And besides, you already have a perfectly fine ship resting in our harbor.”

“Yes, it is true that my ship is in great condition,” the voice said. “However, I require a second one. I do not need to explain my reasoning to you. All I need is for you to oblige. And I don’t care if you don’t build ships,” the person continued harshly. “If you want your precious grandson to live to see another day, I had better see a finished ship in the dock in three days.”

“Three days?!” Tazuna repeated in surprise. “B-But…that’s not…”

“And just to make sure you do your job,” the captain interrupted as if Tazuna hadn’t even spoken, “I’ll be sitting in the harbor. And my crewmen will be watching your every move, along with the rest of this pathetic village’s citizens.”

The gray old man looked from his grandson to the person keeping him captive. Then he sighed. “Alright, I’ll build you a ship in three days…” he whispered.

“Good choice,” the person replied. The figure then turned away, keeping a hold on Inari. “Then again… it’s not as if you were really given another option anyway.” And with that, the captain and Inari disappeared in a swirl of smoke.

The remaining crewmen cut the ropes around Tazuna and Tsunami’s wrists. After snickering and chuckling at the distraught villagers, the pirates jumped away quickly.

The woman immediately ran over to hug her father. “Oh, Dad…what do we do?”

Tazuna sighed. “I build a ship,” he said sadly. “As for you, go send a messenger for help.”

**********************************************************

Inari was immediately thrown in a cage once he and the captain had appeared on the ship. The rest of the crewmen appeared, and they all immediately huddled around the cage, poking and provoking the small boy.

“Leave me alone, you punks!” Inari yelled.

“The kid’s got spunk,” a man with red hair said as he stared down at the child.

“Ugh, I hate spunk,” a woman with long black hair that reached down to the floor said. “Why’d the captain have to pick a brat as a hostage?”

“Hey, do you wanna piece of me, wench?!” Inari yelled.

“What’d you say, you little monster?!” the woman screamed as she lunged at the cage.

“Tsubame!” a voice scolded at the woman. The raven-haired woman instantly stopped in her tracks and looked at her captain in shame.

“I apologize, Captain,” the woman named Tsubame said.

The captain nodded at the apology and then sat down in a large cushioned golden throne. A large table sat in front of the chair, and some of the crewmates stood around it.

“So, how much did this village have to offer?” the captain asked, still wearing the dark blue cloak with the hood pulled up.

Instantly, the crew began to empty sacks of gold and jewelry onto the table. There were wallets and money pouches here and there. There were several different trinkets of value. The captain smirked.

“Very nice…”

“Captain, may I ask a question?” the red-haired man asked.

“The floor is yours, Rikuto.”

“Why are we going to stay here in the village? We’ve never done that before. And I think it’s evident that the villagers are going to call for help to attempt to get rid of us,” the man called Rikuto said.

“Yes, everything you say is true,” the captain replied. “However, if we run away, the ship will never be finished. And we need that ship as a means of holding our treasures as well as a second means of escape, should the problem arise. If we stay, we can ensure that the ship will be built.”

“What about the shinobi that will surely be coming to arrest us?” another man asked. He had dark green hair and serious eyes.

“Kaito, do you underestimate our crew?” the captain asked. The green-haired man shrunk in shame. “You are all formidable ninjas, thieves, and assassins. I believe that you can handle anyone who dares to confront you. Every one of you has already taken down several shinobi on your own. And should there be someone who does, by some unfathomable occurrence, happen to stand a chance against you…” The captain took this opportunity to take out the same kunai that had been used to cut Inari’s throat and threw it at the table so that it stuck there. “They won’t stand a chance against me. After all, that’s why they call me the Blue Tiger of the Mist.”
Chapter end notes: So...what did you think? Do you like or dislike this idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts in a review.

Thanks for reading!