TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Fox and The Phoenix by kiki15

[Reviews - 11]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Um...there are a few minor things that will happen after this and the next chappie. Time skipping and such. :)
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

The Fox and The Phoenix
(Sono Kitsune Oyobi Sono Fenikusu)
Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
'substitute for italics'

::scene change:: (more for my reference than anything else)
~POV~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary: Naruto's 6 years old, his caretaker, Iruka, was killed by bandits, and he was left orphaned. Well, until a mysterious wanderer appeared...

Chapter Two: Proclamation

~Naruto~

::Konoha, walking along the streets::


We were walking down the street, I was having fun and hanging onto her arm, suprisingly she could hold me up on that arm alone, it was like having my own little swing. I couldn't help but I think I would like this lady, she was alot nicer than villagers, even if she dressed strangely.


She wore a red shirt with the kanji for 'Flame' on the back of it and green pants with a gold dragon snaking around one leg, along with a matching set of silver bracelets and earrings. Too many earrings, she had about six in each ear, same for the bracelets except on her arms. All in all she looked kinda like a christmas tree ornament, a funny christmas tree ornament. I laugh lightly.


Then again I wouldn't like her as much as Iruka otou-san, but I'll try not to let those tears fall again.


~Sanziya~


I look around me, a deep frown marring my face. Things had changed greatly since I was last here, I think the clans have gotten weaker, and not to mention there's no evidence of those high-end Uchiha bastards hanging around. Then again, that may have been best, they'd want me slain for leaving.


I feel a sharp pull on my arm and then shooting pain.


*Ouch! Goddamnit man, that kid is heavy, he's gonna break my fucking arm swinging like that!* I think, on the verge of shaking him off when I hear laughter. *Sigh, well he's happy, so I'll be nice about it.*


I smile down at him and he just kinda stares back in reply.


"Ok Naruto, you're gonna have to get off my arm you know."


He frowns, but hops down regardless, and I sigh in relief, rubbing my arm to get the feeling back as he grabs onto my hand.


"Where we going Sanz-, Sanz-?" he pouts, trying to say my name, I laugh and he pouts more.


"Haha, just call me Sa-chan."


"Okay, where we going Sa-chan?"


"Well, since Sarutobi-sama was 'nice' enough to give me a map, I think the house we'll be living in is on the east side of-...No, wait, here it is." I say, looking over to the modest sized house.

Naruto looks over with me.

*Heh, 'nice' wasn't the word, he thought just since I'd lived here for most of my life that I should still know how to get around after 6 years.* I think, my eyebrow twitching at the mere memory. I snap out of my daydream to see Naruto somewhat glaring at the house.


"Well come on Naruto, let's go in. "


~Author~

::Iruka's old house::

Naruto stood his ground even firmer than before. How could the Hokage do this to him? He knew this was where everything had happened, yet he still...


The small boy sighs, well there was no use in fighting back, he probably wouldn't get his way, besides, this would always be a reminder of what he failed to do.


Sanziya frowns and picks him up after he doesn't respond, carrying him into the house and sitting him down at the table.


*What's wrong with this house I wonder?*


"Well Naruto, what do you want to eat? Sarutobi-sama said you might be hungry and he had the cupboards stocked before we arrived.


"Is there any ramen?" he asks, his eyes shining now.


"I'll see what I can do." she replies, smiling.


Naruto smiles, hopping down from his chair to go explore the halls. The ANBU had cleaned up well, there wasn't a trace of anything left, and the entire house smelled of a lemony-vinegary type cleaner. It smells good to Naruto, he inhales deeply, but coughs when it overwhelms his sensitive nose.


He totters down the hall, eventually ending up in a familiar room, and he goes in, plopping down on the bed.

"I miss you, Iruka otou-san..." he says, burying his face in one of the pillows on the bed. It was warmed by the sun, but carried the same scent as it had before the tragedy; he sighs into the pillow, quickly falling asleep.


~Sanziya~

*Where was he?! I had let him out of my sight for all but two minutes and he disappears!*

I sigh, regaining my composure.


"Ok, it's only been an hour, so he can't have gotten far. He's in this house somewhere, probably curled up somewhere asleep. Hm..."


I tell myself this as I walk through the halls, searching each room thoroughly. I find Naruto curled up in the last one I search, and, just as I predicted, fast asleep.


I go over, sitting down on the bed, shaking him lightly.


"Naruto? Wake up, Naruto." I say, his eyelids fluttering slightly as he yawns, turning over to face me.


"Iruka otou-san?" he asks, his sleep clogged mind not comprehending much yet.


"No, Naruto, it's me, Sa-chan. You're probably hungry hm?"


His stomach rumbles, right on cue.


"Thought so, well, Sarutobi-sama didn't give us any ramen, so we'll go out and buy some!" I say enthusastically, Naruto yawns again, sitting up.


"Okay." he replies, grabbing my hand, and I lead him from the house.


::Going to Marketplace::


*What was wrong with these villagers? They kept glaring at us, I had half a mind to beat some sense into them, but I didn't want the village guards all over me.* I think as I'm broken from my thoughts by a loud yell.


"Get out of here demon!"


I turn in the direction of the voice to see the butcher coming out of his shop, wielding a large knife. I push Naruto behind me, he clutches my pant leg and shrinks further back as the man stops in front of me.


"Get out of the way woman, don't you know what's behind you?" he asks, holding the knife steady, and I don't bother to reply so he rambles on. "That's the Kyuubi! If we work together we can wipe him out-!"


He doesn't get to finish because I grab him by the throat, pulling his face to mine.


"Listen here-" I glance at his nametag. "Raiyu. If I ever, and I mean EVER, hear tell of you bothering my son again-!" I let my nails sharpen until they prick into his skin. "Then you won't live to see the next sunrise..."


He sputters a 'yes' so I let him go, the fool runs off screaming, and I wonder if he'll learn anything from my warning.


I turn around, crouching down to Naruto's level, he's teary-eyed and sniffling.


"Naruto? We're gonna go do a few things before we get ramen okay?"


He nods, grabbing my hand again as we make our way to Hokage tower.


~Sarutobi~


::Hokage Tower::


*This was getting too out of hand, the villagers were acting like fools, but I could only offer Sanziya so many options per the Council.* I think, turning away from the window and sitting down, sighing.


I hear Sanziya shuffle restlessly and I look down, feeling Naruto tugging at my robes. I pat him absentmindedly on tthe head, and he smiles up at me.


"Sarutobi-sama?"


I look up to face Sanziya.


"Yes?"


"I only have a simple request. I'd like to make a statement to the entire town in the square today at 3:00pm."


"Well, I see no problem with that, be ready within the hour and the villagers will be gathered accordingly."


"Thank you Sarutobi-sama."


I nod as she and Naruto take their leave.


*What could she have planned?*


I steeple my hands together atop my desk to think.


*Whatever it is, if I know Sanziya like I think I do, then it's sure to be extremely interesting.* I think to myself, smiling as I go to tell the messengers.


~Sanziya~


::Konoha Town Square::


We stand before the millions of accusing eyes of the Konoha villagers.


"Alright Naruto, you ready?" I whisper up to him as he was sitting atop my shoulders.


He doesn't say anything, but looks down at me.


"Why did you call me your son?" he whispers back down.


*Crap, had I done that?* I think, mentally berating myself for that slip.


Naruto tugs on my hair lightly. Ow, that still hurts.


I smile, shaking my head slightly so as not to throw him off while I reply.


"I'm sorry, it was just instinctive, I used to have a little boy that looked similar to you."


"What happened to him?"


"He...went away a long time ago..."


"Oh...sorry Sa-chan."


"It's alright, well time to address the masses of assholes, you ready?"


"Yeah!"

*Man, I knew I'd get along with this kid, he doesn't do that 'Oooh, you said a bad word!' thing even though I curse for almost every other sentence. Rock on kid!*

~Author~

The crowd is getting rowdy, but they aren't throwing anything because they are in the presence of the Hokage, who resides in the tower above, looking down serenely.


They start to get louder, veins start popping out on Sanziya's forehead, and Naruto covers his ears because he knows what's coming.


"WILL ALL OF YOU MOTHER-FUCKING RETARDS, PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP??!!!" Sanziya yells, and the crowd goes instantly silent. "Thank you, now it has come to my attention that you all think that since the child atop my shoulders harbors a demon inside of him, that you have the right to treat him differently! You refuse him food, pelt him with garbage, and even have the nerve to threaten him with death!"

I glare around the square at the many defiant faces, but some are rightfully ashamed. I see an old man and a little girl nodding in the back however, which made me wonder if they agree with me.

"If he were an adult you wouldn't treat him the same, now would you?! No, because he would be a hero in this village! The Yondaime didn't want this for this child, he intended for him to be revered as he himself was! A hero! Now for all of you, I have something to show and say to you!"


I put Naruto down, he goes behind a box to watch as the Fenikusu's orange aura starts to surround my body. My hair spikes up, pointing skyward, my nails grow longer, sharper, changing into a light orange color, and my eyes turn from their normal blue to green, the Mangekyou sharingan starting to show. The villagers gasp, some of the women cover their children's eyes and the men look on at me.


"I harbor the eight-tailed demon, the Fenikusu and Naruto harbors the nine-tailed demon, the Kyuubi! If you have the nerve to threaten him or me ever again..." I trial off, not feeling the need to say more for the fear I have instilled in them. "Naruto is just a normal child like your own, you accept them, so why don't you accept him as well?!"


They stand in silence, most agreeing, but some still glaring at me.


I sigh, I was getting tired of yelling, besides, it seems most of them have gotten the message.


"Good, now think about what you've done." I say, reverting to normal, grabbing Naruto's hand, and leading him to the nearby ramen stand as the crowd disperses.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: So that's the second chappie up now. (Btw, RC is my annoying muse.)

RC#16: I'm not annoying!

Anaki: Yeah, you are. -smiles- Now where's my mallet?

RC#16: -throws mallet in fireplace-

Anaki: Grr...-pulls new one from hammerspace- I'll get you...that was my favorite mallet...

RC#16: O.O -teleports to distant place- Review. :)