Banner Sumbissions! by antilogicgirl
Summary: I picked a four of the banners. SasuNaru, Kakashi, Shikamaru, and Naruto (the Haku banner is pretty much perfect, if you ask me, so I didn't mess with it). Mostly, I just tweaked and filtered things, but the Shikamaru banner has major changes. Then, I started making some more...and it all went downhill from there... [COMPLETE...FINALLY]


Sadly, because of copyright issues and a lack of information on the image I used for the SasuNaru banner, I had to take that down. But the Nejimatrix banner has all required info. All the other ones are using art by Kishimoto Masashi and myself, as well as one piece of fan art, which is credited. There. Now I have to pout. That was a pretty banner.
Categories: Orphan Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 2742 Read: 21712 Published: 20/07/06 Updated: 15/08/06

1. Kakashi by antilogicgirl

2. SasuNaru by antilogicgirl

3. Naruto by antilogicgirl

4. Shikamaru by antilogicgirl

5. Haku size template by antilogicgirl

6. Neji from Kakashi size template by antilogicgirl

7. Sasuke and Itachi: family matters (on Naruto size template) by antilogicgirl

8. Shikamaru 2.0: Creeping Shadows... by antilogicgirl

9. Gaara..."I Bite." by antilogicgirl

10. Naruto: Shattered Dreams by antilogicgirl

11. Jiraiya: Fire by antilogicgirl

12. The Way We Are Now by antilogicgirl

13. Orochimaru...Feels Pretty by antilogicgirl

14. Psychadelic Sai by antilogicgirl

15. Chouji by antilogicgirl

Kakashi by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, or any of the characters therein. The image provided is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Hooray for Kakashi! I chose to make the banner dark and brooding, because, let's face it, this is Kakashi we're talking about.

Hope you enjoy it.
SasuNaru by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, or any of the characters therein. The image provided is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


SasuNaru...ah, doesn't Naruto just look so happy? I love the expression on Sasuke's face, don't you?
Naruto by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, or any of the characters therein. The image provided is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Our fair-haired boy looks a bit less angry in the right hand side than he did in the original. I made him look a little smirky...
Shikamaru by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, or any of the characters therein. The image provided is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


I love Shikamaru. He's so angsty, it's hard NOT to. That, and he reminds me a lot of the days that I can't get up in the morning unless someone throws something at my head. Lazy (an understatement, I know).
Haku size template by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. The image presented is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Here, I took the size template for the Haku banner, then used Yakushi Kabuto instead. He's really fun to Photoshop. Lens flares, other filters, and lots of layers! As well as my own version of chakra manipulation. That glow around his hand with the crazy chakra is my poor manipulation of my touch-pad on my laptop. Still, I think it turned out okay. All that white hair gives me fits, though.

Kabuto: Ahem. It's SILVER. Not white.

antilogicgirl: *rolls eyes* whatever. It's still cute.

Kabuto: *smiles* Thanks!

antilogicgirl: *looks at readers* He has no right to be that cute.
Neji from Kakashi size template by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto, or any of the characters therein. The image provided is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Ah, for the unoriginality of it all. I felt the need to do this for some reason. That, and I kind of felt bad for not really doing anything original with the Kakashi size template in the first place. So, we have the Neji Matrix TONFA. Hahaha. Oh, I need sleep.

Enjoy the fruits of my insomnia, people.

Edit: apologies for not including the link for the wallpaper I got this from. That would be:

http://florian.chatet.free.fr/accueil.php?page=wallpapers

Unfortunately, the name of the artist was not inluded. If I do find it, I'll be able to edit this again.

Re-edit!!! Original color done by Linda T. The manga panel it came from is at: http://x9e.xanga.com/47cb42630943535394479/z24425536.jpg
Sasuke and Itachi: family matters (on Naruto size template) by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. The image presented is an alteration of original work by Kishimoto Masashi.



Okay. My stomach hurts after doing this. I made bloodspatter for the first time for this, as well as blood smear. It's a little too emotional. Basically, layers upon layers, with a broken family photo, which I think maybe Itachi might have picked up, while his hands were soaked in the blood of his clan. Morbid, yes. But then again, after digitally creating blood, I think I have a right to be.

Please forgive me, I know not what I do.
Shikamaru 2.0: Creeping Shadows... by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. The image provided is a combination of images, none of which I own.


Here's my Shikamaru 2.0. How do you like my version of Shikamaru's new jutsu? I forget at the moment what it's called, but apparently, it's more offensive than defensive. Anyhow, What I did for this is as follows:

Found an image of Shika looking up at the clouds (so what else is new?), and got rid of the clouds. Then I took an astronomical photograph of Scorpio (AKA Sasori, hahaha). Put the photo through some filters, adjusted the green balance in the channel mixer, and made a bunch of shadow tendrils. Blending options are fun for those. The lettering was the hardest part. I took a standard font, and erased and smudged. Highlighting and opacity adjustments, and voila! Shikamaru's own font.

Hence, Shikamaru 2.0.
Gaara..."I Bite." by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. Neither do I own the image used in this banner.



Hooray! I haven't slept in two days, you guys. I'm really fried.

Ahem.

For this banner, I used the kick a$$ original lineart of my fellow Otakuite, FelixDaKat, in her drawing entitled, "I Bite." I'm totally not kidding. That's what it's called. Of course, when you see the original piece, it's much better than my rendition. This can be found here: http://fanart.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=127590

Felix's profile can be reached through this link, as well.

OMG...this took for freaking ever. The line art, as I said, is done by Felix. But I did all the color on this. I'm really tired now, and my hand is all cramped up. Lots of blurring, smudging, and making sections of color for smudging. Doubling up on layers with the color burn funcion boosted my washed out and one-dimensional color, giving it depth. Finally, it was time to add the sand. Don't. Get. Me. Started. It's a pain. So, because of all the hard work, I now have this banner, which is actually rather boring. Meh.

Oh, and the fangirl within says: Gaara can bite me any time.

*Slaps hand* BAD FANGIRL!

Edit: I was delirious when I did that! I totally forgot to color in Gaara's "ai" tatoo...It's there, now, but boy was I feeling sheepish when I looked at it today. No more photoshopping while I'm sick.

Re-edit: is it just me? Or is there an "A" in the sand coming out of the gourd? Tell me if I'm seeing things.
Naruto: Shattered Dreams by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. Images presented in this banner are alterations of original works by Kishimoto Masashi.


Here's the latest, guys. Here, we have our fair-haired boy looking decidedly less than happy. There are several ways that this could be interpreted.

1. This is my blue period
2. Naruto's so cute when he's sad, so I made a sad Naruto banner
3. The fact that I'm listening to Flyleaf and Eisley all day might have effected my Emo genes.

However you look at it, I think that the blue is really a nice way to look at Naruto. He's always so loud and happy...but I know that deep down (and I'm sure that you do too), he's really sad a lot of the time.

In case anybody doesn't recognize either of the side images, they're both from the first ending to the anime. Remember "Wind" by Akeboshi? Great song, guys. If you can, find it and love it.

So. Filters and such...

Of course, lots of erasing, because the middle picture was much larger than it is. Then there was free transformation of all three images, and adding in the "smoke" by putting in some crazy white stuff and liquifying it, then smudging with that odd 14 pixel wedge tool. Lens flares behind all three pictures, and some hilighting...

Then it was on to the text, which you know I love to muck with. Since I was listening to Flyleaf's "Cassie", which is soooo Emo, I figured this would be great if I made the text into a fragmented mirror. That's why it looks like somebody hit it on the edge of the "o" with a ball-peen hammer.

Of course, after I did ALL of that, my computer had some kind of ADD-MPD moment, and Photoshop shut down without warning and erased it all. Luckily, it was all fresh in my head, and I got most of it to work the way I had before, though the Picture to the left isn't quite what it was the first time, since I couldn't remember what I did to it in the Channel Mixer.

So, after that long and protracted (oops, for the redundancy) explanation, I hope you enjoy my little slip into Emo.

Old School Emo trivia...if you can tell me what these lyrics are from, I'll give you cookies.

"Wake.. from your sleep
The drying of your tears
Today we escape, we escape

Pack.. and get dressed
Before your father hears us
Before all hell breaks loose

Breathe, keep breathing
Don't lose your nerve
Breathe, keep breathing
I can't do this alone

Sing.. us a song
A song to keep us warm
There's such a chill, such a chill

You can laugh
A spineless laugh
We hope your rules and wisdom choke you
Now we are one in everlasting peace

We hope that you choke, that you choke
We hope that you choke, that you choke
We hope that you choke, that you choke"
Jiraiya: Fire by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. The image presented in this banner is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Someone said something about my faingirl...well. I think that she made this. Because I am a huge Jiraiya fangirl. Yes. I admit it.

Jiraiya: *eyes go wide* I have a faingirl!?

antilogicgirl: Yes, but that doesn't mean you get groping privileges.

Jiraiya: *puppy eyes*

antilogicgirl: ... You should know that it won't work on me. Ohhhh. Maybe you want a yaoi scene with Orochimaru in "You Give Me A Headache"?

Jiraiya: *girly scream* No! Please, anything but that! I can be good, I swear!

antilogicgirl: *rubs hands together, chuckline evilly* Psychological torture is the only thing you respond to.

Jiraiya: No, I also respond to POSITIVE reinforcement...

antilogicgirl: ...

Ahem.

On with the description of what I did for this banner. I took a picture of a smirking (fangirl squeal) Jiraiya, duplicated the layer 3 times, colorburned and dark stroked the top layer, and put it on top of a picture of lava flames that I found, which I also put some filters on. Then I found the kanji for "oil", which is what he wears on his head plate. I gave it outer glow in the blending options, made it a little transparent, and screened it on top of the flames. It was still missing something, so I got a picture of Jiraiya's eyes only, and put it under the kanji. After that, I got to play with the text to make it look like it was burning.

The result: a visual representation of Jiraiya, hot like fire. Ohhh. Did I actually type that? Backspace!!!

fangirl: *whacks antilogicgirl over head with mallet* Nope. That's going in. He needs to be appreciated!

antilogicgirl: *unconscious*

fangirl: Now, where did he go? *evil rabid fangirl grin*

Jiraiya: *eyes wide in fear, hiding behind antilogicgirl's closet door* Fangirls are scary...

antilogicgirl: *wakes up, cursing and rubbing head* Oh, no! *subdues fangirl and locks her in the closet*

Jiraiya: I am eternally grateful. Can I thank you?

antilogicgirl: ... Well, I suppose if it's under PG-13, then yes.

Jiraiya: Darn it. *kisses antilogicgirl's cheek*

antilogicgirl: That was sweet. Thank you.

See guys? He can be a good boy, you just have to be able to keep him in line!

Enjoy my fangirl-ness.

OH, and Hinotama wins the cookies from the last banner! *gives cookies* Okay. Now I have a fangirl challenge for you.

Brownies for the person who guesses where this is from. This one's a little harder. It's from a song from a movie. I want: artist, movie, and scene. If you think I'm being sadistic, I should say that I wanted the name of the characters in the scene and the year the movie was made. Muahhahahaa

"How you turned my world, you precious thing
You starve and near exhaust me
Everything I've done, I've done for you
I move the stars for no one

You've run so long
You've run so far

Your eyes can be so cruel
Just as I can be so cruel
Though I do believe in you

Yes I do

Live without the sunlight
Love without your heartbeat
I, I can't live within you
I can't live within you

I, I can't live within you"
The Way We Are Now by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto, or any of the characters therein. The image provided in this banner is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Oh, I know that this is a step well away from my usual eye-gougingly colorful stuff. But I suppose that's the whole point. I don't want to give spoilers for the Manga, but suffice it to say that the proximity of characters to one another, as well as their expressions are quite indicative of their present character as a group.

What I did for this was quite simple, really. I was rather...inspired by Hinotama's latest banner, which was elegantly simple. So, what did I do? I went straight to the source. Three of the latest chapters had full-page pictures of each of the members of Team Kakashi. So I took them (and altered Sasuke's because that snake behind him and the sword were soooo not cool, as well as Naruto's, because he was on top of the Hokage tower) and merged them into one layer, then duplicated it and put the dots in. After that, I put a layer of black in front of it and made it just opaque enough to be gray. Then came erasing the eyes out and putting another layer with eye color. Then I put in a bit of white and overlayed the text. See? Much more simple.

The whole situation with those three makes me sad, and this is perhaps just a way for me to show it. Of course, I've been listening to moody music again. Fiona Apple's "Slow Like Honey" made me all depressed.

And to think that this started off as my "Sakura's gonna kick your butt" banner. Ha. Not a chance.
Orochimaru...Feels Pretty by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. The image presented in this banner is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


And here, boys and girls, is where it gets wierd. You all must know by now that I'm very much not an Orochimaru fan. Far be it from me to deprive the world of Orochimaru-goodness (or would that be badness?), though.

The title...um. Well, as soon as I started making this, I somehow got "I Feel Pretty" stuck in my head, which made me (twitch) think of Orochimaru dancing around in his house wearing a purple fluffy tutu, and singing at the top of his lungs while hugging everywone in sight...

"I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
I feel pretty
And witty
and gay!"

Orochimaru: Please note that there is no connotation to the word "gay". We are using the word in the way that is described on www.dictionary.com as:

gay: 1. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry. 2. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.

Just wanted to clear that up.

antilogicgirl: ...

Orochimaru: *raises eyebrow* What are you staring at?

antilogicgirl: *wry glance* I have no idea. But whatever it is, it feels "pretty".

Orochimaru: Don't make me use any of my jutsus...

antilogicgirl: *not fazed* Don't make me decide to have you develop a sudden interest in Hatake Sakumo in "You Give Me A Headache"...

Orochimaru: Shutting up.

Ohhhhh. Now, on to filters and such. All I did was clean up a picture of Orochimaru (*pets Orochimaru to keep him happy*), then layer it and give it a bit of underpainting. After that, I put black behind it and drew all of the crazy little shapes, then layered them and filtered them with a blue omni spotlight. After that it was tinkering just a bit with the top purple layer and giving the text that strange multi-colored look. And then, as my old math teacher used to say, I was D-O-N-E...done!

Orochimaru: the opinions of this author are not necessarily mine, or those of anyone else who matters.

antilogicgirl: *grabs Orochi's tongue, ties it in a knot* Shut UP, will you? *laughs, rolling on the floor at the Sannin with a knotted tongue.*

Orochimaru: *glares at everyone, especially readers* 'ont thay andythang... I bill keel 'ou.

Sorry guys. Couldn't help it. That was, incidentally, all for Hinotama's Orphelia. I know how much she loves Orochimaru. *hands Orochi off to Orphelia for some TLC*

Ja ne, guys, and enjoy.
Psychadelic Sai by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. The image presented in this banner is an alteration of an original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Ah, yet another sleepless night. This was started at around 06:45:00 am, so it took me on the whole...4 hours, just because I was eating breakfast and cleaning up a really messy manga panel...*rolls eyes*...Kishimoto really likes to put text all over pretty pictures.

What did I do? Grr. I used the polygonal lasso to grab all of the black bits and fill them in because they were only dark gray. Then I made sure to get rid of all the text. After that, I moved the clouds and enlarged some, putting a couple in front of him. Drop shadows in blending options for those, and then I made the trippy-ness with a few layers of color and the "tiny lens" in the glass distortion function. Playing with the layer properties gave it that insane color!

Basically, if you're wondering what prompted me to actually put Sai in a trippy banner, think insomnia and lots of swing music. You can't make a dark banner when listening to that stuff. I should have called this thing something swingy, but I couldn't think of anything.

Once again, forgive me, for I know not what I do.
Chouji by antilogicgirl
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto or any of the characters therein. The image presented in this banner is an alteration of original work by Kishimoto Masashi.


Okay, here's the last one, guys. I figured that Chouji has gotten next to zero love in all this, and I think he's adorable, so I found a beautiful picture of him, and butterflies that were oddly enough, associated with his little power surge in the botched Sasuke rescue mission, and here you go.

I'm not going to go into the filters I used, but I would like to just say that I want to give him a big hug, because he just looks so sad here. Chouji's awesome, guys. Show him your love.

And now, no more comments from the Peanut Gallery.

Love to everybody!

a/j
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=1399