From the Ashes of War and Tragedy by Shizake Uchiha
Summary: PhotobucketThe Apocalypse has begun. A war has broken out between both Heaven and Hell. And, stuck in the middle, is Earth. Even in a world of shinobi, the humans don't stand a chance. They are becoming extinct, caught up in the war. Their only hope - The Four Horsemen. They are the only ones who can stop the war. They are the only ones who can find the guardians that will allow them to defeat the rulers of both realms. But will they be able to succeed, or will the shinobi world fall in a war that isn't even theirs?
Categories: General Fiction > Character-Centric, General Fiction > Naruto, Alternate Universe & Crossovers > Fusion, General Fiction > Naruto Shippuuden Characters: All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark, Mystery, Spiritual, Supernatural, Tragedy
Warnings: AU, Dark, Death
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 19488 Read: 16482 Published: 15/06/12 Updated: 04/12/12

1. We Ride by Shizake Uchiha

2. Forward unto Dawn by Shizake Uchiha

3. Drawing Nearer by Shizake Uchiha

4. Spilling Blood by Shizake Uchiha

5. Hell Rider by Shizake Uchiha

6. Impending Doom by Shizake Uchiha

7. Showdown by Shizake Uchiha

8. The New Rider by Shizake Uchiha

9. Rainy Day by Shizake Uchiha

10. Fear by Shizake Uchiha

11. From Dust by Shizake Uchiha

12. The Rainy City by Shizake Uchiha

13. Entombment by Shizake Uchiha

14. A Flick of the Wrist by Shizake Uchiha

We Ride by Shizake Uchiha
-We ride

We are four brother's. We have come here to restore balance to earth. Humanity needs us in order to live. We are...The four horsemen. War, Death, Famine, and Conquest. We shall enforce the balance upon Heaven and Hell. The seven seals have been broken calling upon our help. With our swords and our scythes we shall reap what monstrosities have purged the Humans of their existence. Only we can bring about peace. We are here to enforce.

War- Rider of the red horse. With his sword he shall spill the blood across the land. Bringing forth violence and rage that this world knows too much of.

Death- Rider of the pale horse. With his scythe he shall reap the unworthy souls of this land to restore humanity's existence.

Famine- Rider of the black horse. With his scales he shall reap the world of it's Prosperity.

Conquest- Rider of the white horse. With his crown he shall restore the balance that humanity has once known.

Armageddon has begun so we shall work in order to bring peace to earth. With our horses and our tools, we WILL do so. What we do is necessary for these humans.

And no one can stop us...
Forward unto Dawn by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
The first chapter of the first book of war. I hope you enjoy!
Book One:War

-Forward unto Dawn


"The portal has opened horsemen. It is time for you and your brothers to ride."

"The apocalypse has begun hmm? What are we to do once we arrive my lord?" I ask the shadowy figure.

"You and your brothers must split up and find the four guardians. They protect the keys needed to open the gates of heaven and the gates of hell. Once you've completed that task...Two of you must ride forth into each realm and kill their leader. Only this will restore the balance. Now ride horsemen. Arm your swords and your scythes, and reap balance back onto this world."

"Yes my lord."

I gather my brothers, Death, Conquest, and Famine as we prepare for our journey to the mortal realm. After arming ourselves with our armor and what not we step through the portal where we are sent on a collision course to the mortal world. We rocket through the sky like shooting stars then hit the ground with a large explosion. Unscathed, we arise from the smoke and rubble.

"The guardians. Where are they?" I ask my brothers.

Death speaks up first, "One is located in what this world calls the Village Hidden in the Leaves. The next one, the Village Hidden in the Sand. Another in the Village Hidden in the Rain. The last one in the Village Hidden in the Stone."

"They are not close in proximity brothers. So we must split up for now. Once we have the keys we meet right back here." Famine states.

"Then it is settled. I will see you soon brothers." I finish, summoning my horse and riding off into the distance.

This world has certainly gone to oblivion. War between heaven and hell has surely destroyed this world. Not a single human is in sight which could be a problem later on. After riding for just several minutes I come across some hell demons. Leaping off my horse, I pull out my blade and land in the middle of them.

"The horsemen! They have arrived! Get him!" One of them cries out as they all lunge at me.

I smirk as I grab one by the face and slam him into the ground. Then I swing my sword behind me slicing three of them in half. One manages to jump on my back but I just grab him, drive it's head into the ground, and rip it's skull from it's cranium. Simple enough...

"So the rumors are true. You have fallen upon this world." An angel speaks as it descends, a few others behind it holding magnificent golden white halberd's. "Are you friend or foe horsemen?"

"Neither. I am only here to enforce."

"Then so be it!" The leader of the group yells pointing his blade at me unleashing a charge of energy.

Easily, I dodge it as I come to a sliding halt. The three henchmen of the leader glide towards me, halberds pointed and sharp. With my sword I push one of the halberds up into the angel's face and drive it into his face, pinning him into the ground. The other two shoot another charge of energy at me which stings at my back but does no harm. Again the charge at me so I charge back with a fury of elegant blade swings. They are no match for me as I easily break one of the angel's guard and stab him through the chest. I then swiftly step to the side and tear off the last angel's wings then drive my sword into his back, killing him instantly.

"You sure are persistent horsemen. The council must hold you with high regards." States the leader.

"Of course they do...They created us to keep the balance. Which is what we shall do."

"Then heaven and hell will be after you. Be prepared for a good fight." He puts before flying up into the air, attempting to flee.

Ah ah ah. Not so soon. I launch my cross blade which homes in on him and slices both of his wings off. He hits the ground with a thud and stumbles to his feet.

"How dare you!" He screams pointing his sword at me.

I step on his arm and disarm him with ease. With one final execution I bring up my sword and cut the poor angel's body in half. These elegant fighters are no match for me.

Once again I summon up my flaming red steed and ride towards the Village Hidden in the Leaves. All I see are forests for what seems like forever. After about an hour of riding I decide to give my horse a break because I have seem to come across an encampment of the onyx guard. Heaven's elite archangels. They wear black armor with golden trimming all over it. Their wings are bright gold which obviously symbolizes their honor. I creep up close and they seem to be fighting off a squad of hell hounds. Nasty little dogs that will tear your trachea out if you let them too close.

I decide to let them fight as I will just destroy the victor of this fight. A few dogs swarm one of the Onyx members and begin tearing his body up with sharp fangs. Two of the archangels run over and slice the hounds off their dead comrade. One of the archangels manages to decapitate a couple of more hounds and eventually the Onyx guards finish off the small squadron of hell hounds. Which is my cue. I emerge from the bushes and approach the Onyx guard.

"Halt! Who goes there?" One of them shouts.

"It is I...War."

He gasps, "Rider of the red horse! You dare face us?"

"Of course I do..." I grimly put before pulling out my black scythe.

The Onyx guard attempt to swarm me with their holy power, good thing I have a counter. It's what I call the hurricane technique. I throw my scythe which begins spinning around violently as it encircles me, keeping the Onyx from getting too close. While their distracted I grab my scythe and front flip over one of the Onyx, impaling him in the back. His soul rises from his body and into mine, increasing my strength. With my right arm I quickly slash my scythe to my right to impale another guard in the chest. The last Onyx remaining catches me off guard as it crashes into me with full force. During the chaos of the tackle I pull out a hidden knife from my sleeve and stab the Onyx in the head, killing him instantly.

I get up and dust myself off. Then I come across something that surprises me.

"Please don't hurt us!"

"We don't want any trouble please."

Humans...Bound up in tents. Wonder what the angels are doing bounding up humans...

"Do not falter humans. I am friend, not foe." I assure them.

"Please help us then."

I slice off their restraints as they sit there trying to take everything in.

"Wh-who are you?" One of them shakily asks.

"My name is War of the Four Horsemen."

"The Four Horsemen?"

"We are what you call the "enforcers" of the balance. Heaven and hell were always destined to begin this war. When the seven seals broke, earth would enter Armageddon with you humans stuck in the middle of the conflict. Do not be surprised if everyone you know is dead. This is a war of total destruction. Now, what are your names?"

"Anko Mitarashi from the Hidden Leaf Village. These are two of my assistants from our interrogation unit."

"You humans were always such a strange species...Will you accompany on my journey?"

"Where ya headed?"

"Your village. To approach the guardian that resides there."

"You want us to go back to the village?! That's insane! That place is overrun with monsters and angels of the like."

"I can hold my own. I did just take down those Onyx angels. I will keep you safe trust me. What I do is necessary for you humans to keep living. What my brothers and I want is for balance which means you humans staying alive. Plus you have certain powers right? You can fend for the most part."

"Yeah...We did manage to push back a few of the attacks during the first invasion. I guess we can go with you...Just promise to keep us safe."

"Trust me I will do everything in my power too. You haven't seen what destruction I can cause. Now let us rest. You will need all of your strength for this journey."

The woman and her two colleagues go into the tents and pass out. I decide to keep watch throughout the night. Off in the distance of the night I can see smoke and fire rising. Obvious signs of a huge clash. I have a feeling we are about to walk into the threshold of war itself. But what do I care? War IS my name...
Drawing Nearer by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
Another update. I'm really into this story :D Enjoy!
Book One:War

-Drawing Nearer


At the break of dawn I awaken the humans from their slumber. They whine about waking up this early but I just tell them to shut their traps because we need to cover a lot of ground today. I want to defeat the first guardian as quick as possible. I scout the area to make sure we aren't being watched then we set off towards the leaf.

"So what are you exactly? A demon? An angel?" Anko curiously questions.

"We are a different sort of angel. It wouldn't make sense to you humans if I went into detail so we'll just leave it at that. Take my brother death for example. He is the grim reaper himself."

"Oh...Wow...So...I thought angels were supposed to protect humans?"

"Not necessarily. They are just there to "influence" their actions. It's not like angels are out to kill humans in this war, humans just got caught up in the middle. Now, what the angels were doing binding you three up is a whole question on it's own..."

"Think we'll get to the bottom of it?"

"Maybe."

After covering some ground for an hour or so we come across three berserkers. Armored demons that carry giant blades of obsidian. A bit difficult to kill but they should be not match for me.

"Cause a distraction. I can rip these guys up with ease." I command Anko.

She hops up in the trees and gets closer to them. The berserkers aren't that dumb because they sense someone is near and begin to look around cautiously. Anko keeps herself pretty concealed and unleashes an ocean of snakes upon them. Eh, I guess it works. I charge in and hop on the backs of one of the berserkers, and with my scythe tear off his armor. He tries to shake me off but I keep a tight grip. I slice off his head which leaves his body standing there spraying blood from where it's head used to be. The limp body crashes to the ground and the other two berserkers come at me blades swinging.

I sprout my shadow wings and leap into the air to dodge their giant blades. Just then Anko and her colleagues send a barrage of metal tools attached with wire to tie down the berserkers. There's the distraction I was looking for. I begin unleashing a fury of sword strikes upon them both, slowly knocking off their armor. I do a nice little sword combo on one of them then turn around and stick my sword into his chest, lifting it over myself and slamming it into the ground. I'm about to stab the other one in the heart when Anko leaps out and stabs it in the head with two knife looking things.

"I suppose that works..." I say.

"I was getting bored just watching you, even if you are an elegant fighter." She replies, grabbing her stomach signaling she is hungry. "Oh man...I'm starving. You got any food on you?"

"Hn. You humans and your basic survival instincts. I'm not so sure if there is food around. You can look, otherwise you will have to wait until we get to your village."

Chkkkkkk!!!

"Lightning blade!"

At the very last moment possible I catch whatever attack is headed towards me and drive the attacker into a tree. I then grab whoever it is by the throat and pin them to the tree.

"Can I help you...?" I ask the man with silver hair.

"War it's ok! He's a friend!" Anko cries out.

I drop the man on the ground and back up to let him explain. Which he better do quick before I reap his soul out of existence.

Anko runs over to him, "Kakashi, are you alright?"

"Ye-yeah. I thought you were being held hostage by one of those demons. Who is he?"

"This is War of the four horsemen. He is here to stop the apocalypse. He is a friend."

"Oh. I'm very sorry I attacked. I thought you were a demon."

I help him up and explain to him my purpose here. He seems to understand and continues explaining that there is an encampment of fellow ninja's holding out. They have food and other supplies so we decide to follow him there so Anko and her colleagues can get something to eat.

Several minutes of walking later we come to the encampment which has quite a number of humans around. Some are keeping watch while others are treating to the wounded. Hmm, I expected severe losses for these humans but they seem to be able to survive. There might just be some hope for them.

We walk up and everyone gets into a battle stance and glares at me with daggers. Do I really look like that much of a demon?

"It's ok guys. He is a friend. Sit down and he will explain everything." The man named Kakashi says.

Once again I have to explain who I am and what I'm doing here to more humans. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of doing so, I just want to kill the guardian and meet back up with my brothers but my duties bound me to protect the humans so I must do so. After explaining, it's their turn to tell me what is going on and what their plans are. They tell me they know of a safe haven known as Mt. Myoboku but only one person knows how to get there, some kid named Naruto Uzumaki.

"He's probably dead you know..." I grimly put.

"He couldn't be! He has a power that doesn't allow him to die!" A young pink haired girl cries out.

"A power you say? Of what magnitude?"

"A demon called the Nine Tailed Fox. An ancient beast that was sealed within him when we was born." Kakashi explains.

"Then you must find him. If it is your only hope of survival. I can tell you right now, hell's armies grow by the minute. Eventually they will swarm this place and well...you know the rest."

Everyone seems to gulp as they realize the truth of my words. After listening to each other for a while the humans go back to their normal duties. Just then I feel a burning sensation coming from my back and see steam rising from it. A black figure emerges from it and begins circling me.

"War. The counccil wantsss to know how your dutiesss are coming along." The black figure known as the eye hisses.

Again, the humans break into battle stances and I just tell them to calm down. This thing is just checking up on me.

"Fine. I'm helping out these humans as we make our way to the first guardian." I tell the eye.

"Perfect. I will inform the councccil of your progresss."

"Think you could help us out a bit?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"We're looking for a kid named Naruto. He possesses a beast that could help us in this fight."

"Hmm...Now that you mention it I senssse a great power other than the guardian'sss coming from the village known as the Hidden Leaf."

"Very well. We know where we must go then."

The eye opens up the portal from my back and sinks in there again. The burning sensation creeps throughout my bones again but I just take the pain as everyone stares at me.

"Your...friend seems to be fighting it out in your village." I tell the humans.

"That place is a war zone. We can't just waltz right in there." Kakashi blatantly puts.

"You can't. I can. Plus Anko already volunteered to help me. Though reinforcements will be nice."

"Then I volunteer to go! I want to find Naruto!" The pink haired girl again cries out.

Kakashi sighs then states, "I guess I must go too. Naruto is my charge nonetheless."

"Perfect. We shall leave tomorrow since it's late for you humans."

The humans go back to readying supplies and taking turns on lookout. I sit down and begin sharpening my blade which is lathered in dry blood from those berserkers earlier. Each time I manage to kill a demon or angel my power grows stronger. I need all the power I can obtain to defeat the guardian. Even more for when I face either the leader of heaven or the leader of hell. I just wonder how my brothers are holding up on their journeys.
Spilling Blood by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long wait. But i've been in Florida enjoying the sun! and Disney world...Lol. Anyways, here is the latest update, I hope you enjoy it!
-Spilling Blood


As usual I wake up the humans from their deep sleep. Though this time they don't complain. Seems as if they are ready to embark on this journey and literally tread through hell. They stick to the trees while I keep a quick pace on foot. My armor maybe heavy but being an angel and all has it's perks. For one I can keep up with these ninja. As we draw nearer to the leaf, explosions and other various battle noises are heard off in the distance, indicating we are getting close. I also pick up a foreign energy signature that doesn't seem to match a demon's or angel's...Must be that Naruto kid. Seems as if he can keep up a good fight.

A small barrage of energy charges sear past me, I easily dodge them then look ahead and notice a fairly large battle going on between a squadron of demons and angels. Looks like it's time to make my grand appearance. I signal to the ninja to stay hidden in the trees and just wait. Then I step out onto the battlefield.

Both sides ignore my presence and continue to fight. Blood, guts, and other various body parts are spilled over the once pure land, now tainting it. Then someone who I had never expected to see comes forth...The commander of heaven's armies, Achmon.

"War...You have come..." He says.

"Indeed. Fate has surely brought us together Achmon..."

"Most definitely horsemen...And if I can kill you here, then we are sure to win this war."

"Is that so? Then I must not allow you to live anymore!" I finish, sliding out my beautiful sword.

I tear through various demons and angels, shredding both sides soldiers apart. I make the distance between me and Achmon shorten as I approach him closely, leaping off a hell hound's back. I soar through the air, sprouting my black shadow wings to gain momentum. Achmon too unsheathes a golden battle axe and we collide in mid-air clanging metal to metal.

"You wish to defeat me horsemen?! You must have a big death wish!" Achmon spits in my face.

I pull together my strength and push him back, making him fall backwards, plummeting towards the ground. We land with a thud that shakes the earth and I lift my sword up to end his sorry life. Though he has a trick up his sleeve because a huge blinding charge of energy erupts from his chest and launches me backwards making me slide on the ground.

"You think it would be that easy?! I am the commander oh heaven's army! You must be a fool!"

"Rgh..." I grumble, getting angry.

I whip out my cross blade and with all of my strength send it whirling towards him, aiming for his wings. Again, he does something to piss me off by catching the blade in his hand and sending it whirling back at me. I barely dodge the thing and notice it only landed centimeters from hitting me.

Achmon glows bright with golden light the appears to cover his entire body and erupts another charge of light energy straight for me. With no time to react, it slams into my chest sizzling my skin.

"War!" Anko, idiotically cries out.

"Ahh...You brought friends did you?" Hisses Achmon as he glides towards the tree the humans are in.

"Fire style: Dragon flame jutsu!" Says Kakashi in an attempt to keep Achmon away.

Achmon simply slaps the fire bolts away and continues to head for the humans. Rgh...I'm done toying with this insolent fool. My duties bound me to these humans, I cannot allow them to die!

I concentrate all my rage and wrath and release my inner demon. This is what I call Armageddon mode. I have transformed into a fiery hell beast, growing three times in size. My blade has been replaced with a bigger flaming sword that sears souls with only a touch. Achmon flinches at my power and turns to stare in awe as I send my blade crashing down on his cranium, evaporating him immediately. He may be dead, but his minions aren't.

In a flash, I notice that I am surrounded by both angels and demons of the like.

"He has killed our commander! Destroy this wretched horseman!" Shouts one of the angels.

I glance around with blazing eyes and release my last explosion of energy vaporizing anything in a one hundred foot radius, killing off all the angels and demons that were once battling here seconds ago.

I return to my normal self, exhausted from using that much power. Being a horsemen has it's benefits and I enjoy crushing anything that stands in my path.

"W-war...Wh-what was th-that...?" Squeamishly asks the pink haired girl known as Sakura.

"My Armageddon mode...As you see, I transformed into a greater power. It comes in handy..." I explain to her.

"You completely annihilated every one of those things." Kakashi says.

"Indeed. So don't make me angry. That's where all that energy comes from, my anger."

"Note to self. Do NOT piss off war." Kakashi says out loud.

I smirk at the comment and signal that we must keep heading towards the leaf. By the time I get there my strength should be recovered and I will be able to fight again. We are about to leave the former battle zone when a portal opens up from the ground, revealing yet another person I do not want to see.

"You've done us a great favor horseman..." Says this demon also known as Satan.

"Satan...In the flesh. Why don't I just end your wretched life right here and now?" I shoot back.

"Ha! You wish you could. I can see you are out of strength my friend so I doubt you will be doing that anytime soon."

"Grr..."

"Don't get to mad. That Armageddon mode of yours is terrifying...Now, how can I ever repay you for killing Achmon?"

"Like I need payment from you...It is my job to destroy anyone that gets in my way, and right now, you are in my way..."

"Fine...I will be back though horseman. My offer for payment still stands. I can grant you immortality! I can give you whatever you want!" His screams before sinking back into hell.

Anko gulps, "Who...was that?"

"Satan. Leader of hell himself."

"D-did you s-say leader of h-hell?" Anko shakily inquires.

"Yes...Don't dwell on it. We must make it to the hidden leaf today"

Everyone shakes off what they just saw as we make our way to the hidden leaf. The closer we get, the more this world looks like oblivion. Scorched land, dead trees, craters, and dead stinking bodies everywhere covers the land. It truly is a sad sight to see such a pure world defiled like this...This is beyond any war these humans have seen or experienced. I only hope they can recover from it.

After another hour of travel, the gates...Or what used to be the gates to the hidden leaf come into sight, and the sight is absolutely horrific. Not a single building is left untouched. Most of the land is complete rubble but a few building still stand...barely. Fire eats at the ground, blood stains the once happy village. Dead bodies of humans, demons, and angels coat the land. I turn to look at my three ninja companions, and not even I can decipher the emotion on their faces. A mix of horror, despair, and anguish is all I can gather. Their eyes say it all, this is beyond anything they have seen.

RAGHHH!!!!

That roar...It must be the Naruto fellow they were talking about. I scan the horizon and notice a giant figure, bigger than anything I have seen before. A fox like creature fighting off legions of demons and angels. Hmm...He looks out of control...at least that's what I've gathered from the humans.

"Kakashi! How do we stop him!" Sakura cries out.

"Oh my...He's hit the eight tailed stage...A miracle is the only thing that can help him at this point." Kakashi solemnly puts.

"Then it's a good thing I've come here. I can stop the flow of energy with my powers. Come hither, we have no time to waste!" I command, charging into the hell zone.

I only hope my powers can stop something of this magnitude. The energy levels are off the charts, more than what I am used to fighting. Though, I do not fear the beast because I have stared Satan right into the eyes. My brother is death, nothing is more fearsome than death itself, according to these humans. They seem to be shaking at this fox creature as it tears up huge chunks of land and gobbles down both angel and demon. I must admit the thing is pretty nasty, but I must not falter at this point. I must press on to stop Armageddon! I am the War of the Four Horsemen and I will do my duty!
Hell Rider by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
Update. Enjoy.
-Hell Rider


My ninja companions split up and hide as we approach the Nine Tailed Fox demon. Regardless of their strengths, they are too weak to handle something of this magnitude. Power is literally resonating off of it and it's making the air...Different. I approach slowly and warily as not to make the fox demon aware of my presence, also I want to avoid any contact with angel or demon alike so I can preserve my power. Seems like I will be needing all of it in this fight...Hopefully the first guardian isn't around or things would get troublesome for me. I look at the layout of the battlefield which doesn't even have a layout at all. Just complete rubble and dead bodies. Looks like we'll have a whole arena to be fighting on.

The fox demon eventually runs out of enemies to fight and lets out a monstrous roar into the sky. I flinch as the ear piercing sound goes out for miles, probably heard by many. Taking a deep breath, I decide it's time to face this thing and get it over with. I undo a lock on my right hand and it begins to glow red hot. This is my power resonator. It can suck out raw power to weaken whatever enemy I am fighting. I'll need to get close to the fox's heart if I want this to be successful though...easier said than done. I guess it's time...So I begin to trudge onto the battlefield.

"Hey ugly!" I shout to intimidate the fox.

It turns around and gets on all fours to roar directly into my face. The raw power just from it's roar is almost enough to send me flying back but I hold my ground. It then raises a claw to smash me but I have a trick up my sleeve. I pull out my cross-blade and quickly attach some wire to it. As the humongous claw is crashing down on me I force all my energy into my feet to do a massive side step, dodging the claw. I then throw my blade which wraps around it's arm and I use it to propel myself onto it's arm. The fox is just lathered in lava hot...what this world calls chakra. The chakra begins to sizzle my feet so I must make no haste in canceling the fox's power.

It notices I am there and begins to shake it's arm violently to rid me. Good thing my own powers act as a magnet to others so I am easily able to stay on. I begin sprinting up the length of it's arm to head for it's chest. I then leap sideways and latch onto the fox's massive chest and begin heading sideways. This could be easy, I am about to reach for it's heart when it grabs me with a claw and tears me off. Shit, now I'm stuck. The fox has a tight grip on me and I can't seem to move. Oh no...I don't need to be eaten right now either! It throws me into it's mouth like some dinner and figures it's done with me. But I still have massive amounts of power, remember? I gather all of my anger and explode into Armageddon mode, lifting the roof of it's mouth up to open it.

"You won't eat me today fox!" I roar, gathering more strength to lift it's mouth open more.

I see my opening and leap out through razor sharp teeth and land on the ground with a sharp thud. I'm really getting sick and tired of dealing with this...My breathing starts to sharpen, my flames growing even brighter. My eyes becoming a stare of fiery inferno death. The enormous fox looks straight into my eyes for a second before releasing massive charges of chakra from it's mouth. I absorb the direct hits and add it onto my power increasing it by ten fold. The demon realizes it does no harm and goes to crush me with another claw, though this time as it's about to crash on my skull, I lift my arms up and grab it. With all my strength I emit an enormous roar and lift the demon over my head, slamming it into the ground. Temporarily stunned I sprout my wings and leap to the fox's chest.

Releasing my Armageddon mode, I ready my power seal and plunge it directly next to the fox demon's heart. It begins to thrash around violently but with my hand deep inside of it, it doesn't work and I hold there. There's the spot I've been looking for! I grab the energy nexus of the fox demon and tear it out. Holding it above my head, I notice the demon shrinking in size. The chakra that once covered it's body begins to die down and eventually I find myself standing over a blonde kid in a black and orange jump suit.

"Ungh..." The kid moans.

I twist a lock on my hand to reinsert the energy nexus into the kid's body so he will be able to fight again. He lets out a sharp painful cry as the nexus seeps back into him. Seeing as my job is done, I signal for the other ninja to come over.

"Naruto! Naruto are you okay?!" Sakura shrieks running over to his body.

"War...You actually did it. You actually stopped the nine-tailed fox." Kakashi says.

"Yes...Though he probably needs medical attention."

Sakura begins to preform what appears to be medical "jutsu" to heal the kids wounds. He looks pretty bloodied up and exhausted of energy. Having a demon like that must be life draining. Hell I'm even surprised he is still alive...

We drag his body to a safer location as Sakura proceeds to do more medical jutsu to heal him. I guess I do deserve a break so I lean back against a wall and close my eyes for a second.

***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***
A figure standing tall on a mountain overlooking a gray scorched land. The figure leaps down and lands like a meteor. With fiery red eyes, a magnificent glimmering blade, and a soul full of anger the figure charges into oblivion. What he meets there is a monster. A monster which appears to be a massive giant. Solemn obsidian eye stones and carvings that create a beautiful artistic picture that seem to have been there for centuries. The figure we saw on the mountain charges to the giant and sprouts wings. The figure changes shapes into a terrifying demon of fearsome power. The two characters fight in a battle of epic proportions. Finally one of them falls, weakened temporarily, only allowed to speak his final words before passing.

"You must be the one..." The stone giant says.

The lonesome figure stands there, listening to the giants final words.

"The one who will stand up against both armies...You are the chosen one..." The giant whispers before passing onto the next life.

***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***

I jerk, then come to heaving and sweating, "Oh...I must've fallen asleep." I say, sitting up.

"Hey...Thanks for stopping me back there." Naruto gloomily says.

"You put up quite the fight, almost ate me at one point. It's a pretty impressive power if you ask me."

"Yeah...I guess..."

"A few demons spotted us as you were fighting Naruto. We managed to hold them back." Kakashi says.

"Is that so? Then I thank you. You are very strong willed for fighting in this apocalypse."

"So what's the next plan of action?" Anko asks.

"You four aren't in any condition to fight and there is still the guardian to deal with. Naruto, I am asking you to fight one last time. I realize you know how to get your friends to a safe haven." I break down.

"Mt. Myoboku? Well...Yeah I do. Why do you need me to fight one last time?"

"With your nine-tailed fox powers I believe we can defeat the guardian of the first key with ease."

"Your asking me to fight with my nine-tailed powers again? I...I don't know..."

"If anything happens, I will stop you. I promise, but I could really use your help in this fight. The guardian probably has more strength than even your fox demon. So I am asking you, please fight by my side."

"Well...If it's to protect my friends, then yes! I will fight!" Naruto cheers putting his fist into the air. "Agh!" He cries out.

"Naruto! Don't strain yourself right now." Sakura says.

"Hehe. Sorry." He says scratching the back of his head.

Pretty cheerful kid for such a dark time. That enthusiasm must be the only thing keeping him sane at this point. I just fear for those humans who couldn't handle the stress...Some may have even killed their selves. I look through the broken roof at the black-red sky and sigh deeply. My journey has only just begun. I am thankful for encountering allies on the way though, without them I would probably be lost. I decide to step outside by myself to be alone.

I sigh again, thoughts racing through my mind. War maybe my name but war is such a tragedy. Even for these humans who have fought many great wars. I peep my head in and look at their faces. Every time I do so it's a saddened expression. One of despair and depression for those who perished during the opening hours of Armageddon. I'll make it my goal right now to help them as much as I can. Hopefully we can gather as many humans as possible and send them to the safe haven they speak of. I only hope my brothers are doing the same as I am doing. Though I cannot hope for all during this time. Hopefully this world can be saved before it's torn apart bit by bit.
End Notes:
woo
Impending Doom by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
Ah back with another update. Gruesome scene, enjoy!
-Impending Doom

"So what's the plan now?" Asks Kakashi.

"We should head back to your encampment first. Naruto can send you to the safe haven."

"What about you?"

"Naruto and I will handle the guardian...I sense her presence just a little further away from the village."

"Are you sure you don't need any help?"

"We'll be fine. Lets go."

We take off into the forests again to head back to their encampment. As usual, dead bodies, scorched land, dead trees, and weapons litter the ground. Every day that this war continues, this world will only continue to get worse. I've wasted too much time with these humans, the guardian needs to die today. What this monstrosity will be is a mystery to me but I don't care. Hopefully nothing too difficult.

After hours of traveling we make it to the camp where everyone has been awaiting our arrival. Relief seems to wash over all of them as they see our faces and that we are fine.

"Friends...I must send you to Mt. Myoboku immediately. It is the only place you will survive for now. War and I are going to defeat a so called guardian first and then I will join you." Naruto says.

"But what if something happens to you?" Sakura asks.

"Then so be it...If I have to sacrifice my life to protect our world from these beasts. Then let it happen. War helped me and I must help him. That's my ninja way..."

"Naruto..."

Sakura gives Naruto a hug signaling that she understands. Naruto then pulls out a scroll, bites his thumb, and begins writing some things on the scroll. He picks it up and points it at the whole group of survivors and in a flash they are all gone.

"I assumed it worked?" I ask.

"Yeah...Now lets go kill this thing. We have no time to waste!"

"I'm starting to like your attitude," I say pulling out my blade. "Lets get this show on the road."

We turn back towards the village and charge in that direction. Naruto's friends are safe which puts my heart at ease. Now all I gotta do is watch out for this kid and my job will be done. That shouldn't be much of a problem though considering he has a demon locked inside of him. He reminds me a lot of my brother conquest who also has a "Never back down" attitude.

Up ahead I see some figures but I can't quite make out what they are. As we approach it I groan, realizing what it is. A roadblock of demons...Which consists of sword demons with hell hounds, shape shifters (Assholes that can morph their body into any weapons they like), A jailer (A massive monstrosity that swings cages full of demons at you), and fallen angels (Angels that disobeyed the law in heaven and have been sentenced to hell).

"Horsemen! Your crimes have gone on for too long! You must die here..." Shouts one of them.

"You sure are persistent..." I say.

Naruto gulps, "What's the plan?" he asks.

"We fight...I can take the jailer and those fallen angels. You deal with the shape shifters and sword demons."

Naruto creates about a dozen clones of himself who all pull out kunai. I take out my blade and scythe and charge at the jailer who must be taken down first. As I approach him, the fallen angels attempt to block me so I realize a charge of dark energy which scatters them in all directions. The jailer then swings his cage at me and I manage to hop on top of it. The demons in the cage reach out towards me but I just slice their hands off. The jailer swings another cage at me and I leap into the air and land on the seconds cage. I run up his arm and stick my scythe in his eye, swinging around his head so I am behind it. He begins shaking in an attempt to get me off but I dig my hands into his cranium. Leaping straight into the air, I put my blade straight down and connect sword with flesh, slicing his head down the middle. He crashes to his knees and falls face first into the ground.

Out of the corner of my eye I notice Naruto having some difficulty fighting the shape shifters. He's managed to defeat the hell hounds and sword demons which is a good sign. "Don't be afraid to release your anger! Use your powers Naruto!" I shout at him, blocking a sword slash from a fallen angel at the same time. I feel another sword crash onto mine, and another...and another. Eventually collecting six fallen angels who are trying to push me down.

"We have you now War! Give up now and we'll spare your soul." Says one of them.

"I'll never give up to the likes of hell!" I roar, exploding into Armageddon form.

The six fallen ones fly back skidding across the ground. I stick my flaming sword deep into the ground and where the six are lying, blades of all sorts shank them in the back, the swords protruding from their chests. Blood pumps out of their chest cavity like a volcano exploding. Their choke and gargle on their own blood before giving up the struggle and passing away.

I release my Armageddon form and rest on one knee, using my sword as support before getting back on my feet. I notice Naruto with a cloak of chakra enveloping him. His rage is obvious as he's roaring and using the chakra to morph into giant claws to smash the shape shifters. He reaches out, about thirty meters, grabbing one of them and bringing it back towards him as he uses his other hand/claw to slice the shifter in half. He leaps into the air sending a pure chakra barrage at another shifter who ends up deep in the ground, dead. With one final attack he releases a sonic boom of chakra which cuts three shifters in half. They stand there before their bodies slowly slide apart and their torsos fall on the ground with their legs still standing. Realizing all the enemies are defeated he releases his nine-tails chakra and goes back to normal.

"Very nice. You left a bloody mess too." I tell Naruto.

"Heh thanks. I sometimes forget I'm capable of this destruction."

"Whatever works. Lets get a move on, that only delayed our meeting with the guardian."

He nods, "The village is just up ahead. Lets defeat this thing so I can see my friends again."

"You are brave Naruto that is for sure."

He scratches the back of his head and smiles. Hmph, the kid can manage a smile in time of utter destruction. I gotta hand it to him, he is a hero especially to his friends. I can only wonder what his whole life has been like but it had to of been filled with hardships if he can be this strong. I'll have to give him some sort of gift when we part. Perhaps something to add to his arsenal of weapons...But I'll leave that thought for later. I feel "her" presence, the guardian of the first key. She must be awaiting my arrival. How sweet of her to wait for me to kill her. I can tell I'll enjoy tearing her heart out and watching her suffer as I crush it right before her eyes. Can't tell what form she'll be taking but it will be one hell of a fight. The council will be proud if I can pull this off...
End Notes:
A/N: A shout out to Sasaui Uchiha for writing the wonderful summary!
Showdown by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
Alright back with another ass kicking update. The confrontation with the guardian. Hope you enjoy!
Book One:War

-Showdown

Naruto and I arrive at the village about late afternoon. The sun isn't shining bright anymore and the late evening breezes sweep through the war stricken village. Small fires continue to burn the rubble and debris that lay around us. A defeated but still standing Naruto glances around at what used to be his village. I do not know what it's like to lose your home but I can feel the despair radiating off of him. I can't blame him though it's only natural to feel these emotions in a time like this.

"I feel something..." Naruto says.

"Me too. The guardian is near."

He sighs, "Lets get this over with."

We continue straight through the village cautiously in case any small groups of demons or angels want to pop out of no where and ambush us. Naruto with two kunai drawn and me with my sword equipped. We make it to the other side of the village and continue past that point as the terrain begins to change from grassland and forests to mountainous. The power signature Naruto and I sense becomes increasingly more noticeable as we keep walking towards the source. We both know what's up ahead, now we're just anxiously anticipating our confrontation with the guardian.

"You ready?" I ask Naruto.

"I've been ready...Lets do this."

We arrive on a plateau where there is a giant boulder and other various sizes of rocks laying around. We walk to the edge which overlooks a massive grassland. Figuring the guardian has to be close we begin to scale down but stop when the ground begins shaking. To which I peek my head over the edge to see that the giant boulder in the middle is transforming, sprouting legs, arms, and even a head and eyes. Eventually it rises into a massive stone giant...Like the one I saw in that dream...

It begins speaking in a booming, intimidating voice, "So horsemen! You have come to challenge me eh?"

"I have nothing against you giant...But I must do what I must do and that is to kill you."

"Ha! You think YOU can defeat me?! A guardian of the key?! You must be very stupid horsemen."

I grit my teeth, getting pissed off at that last comment. I glance over to Naruto who nods back and we both glare up at the guardian.

"If you want a challenge war then so be it! Don't hold back on me!" He roars, smashing his fists into the ground.

A series of rock spikes emerge from the ground and head straight towards us. Naruto and I easily avoid the attack and we charge at the giant. He begins hurling massive rocks at us to which we have to side step multiple times to dodge.

"Aim for his feet!" I yell at Naruto.

"Got it!" He says as he begins charging up a jutsu in his hand.

I skid to a stop right at the giant's feet and swing my fist at it. His leg structure cracks a bit but does no major damage as he brings back his leg and kicks me, sending me careening across the plateau. At the last second I manage to catch myself on the ledge and find myself dangling above the grassland.

"War!" Naruto cries out. "Grr...Rasengan!"

I pull myself up just in time to see Naruto smash the guardian's shin with a jutsu that explodes with immense power. In reaction to the jutsu, the giant looses balance and falls down on one knee. Using that opening, Naruto creates a dozen shadow clones and they leap on top of the giant and begin smashing him with that rasengan jutsu. I climb back up on the plateau and use all of my power to sprint over to him. Noticing a gem of some sort on the guardian's head, I decide to drive my sword into that spot. The diamond cracks and my sword gets in there a few inches but it does no harm as the giant arises and shakes off the clones, picking me and my sword up with him.

Coming face to face with the demon he grabs me with his hand and slams me into the ground. Dazed, he stomps on me with his foot over and over again. I see a flash of orange as the giant raises his foot and see him tumble back.

"Rgh. I'm going to get rid of your little punk friend first and then finish you off.!" He roars, punching Naruto with such force that it sends him into a giant rock, lodging him there.

I lift my head and see Naruto knocked out...Crap. I was afraid that was going to happen...He can't handle those kind of hits from the guardian. I'll have to get him back up in a bit but first...

The stone giant walks back over to me and lifts his foot to stomp me again. As he does, I lift up my hands and stop his foot dead in it's tracks. His power nearly matches mind and my arms begin trembling as I struggle to hold such a massive force there but I must pull through. With all my might I push his foot away from me to knock him on his ass. Using that moment I get up quickly and dash over to Naruto and grabbed his body from the rock.

"Why you!" The giant yells.

I flood some of my power into Naruto to which he instantly springs up. He looks around first to notice he's still in battle but something is going on...His hair beings turning more frizzy, his nails turn into claws, and the whiskers on his cheeks become more vivid. My power must have caused a reaction with his fox demon, awakening it. Chakra beings to leak from every part of his body eventually creating a cloak of red chakra that looks very similar to a fox.

"Is that still you in control Naruto?" I ask.

"Ye-yeah..." Naruto barely manages to spit out but I can tell it's still him.

"Ah what is this...? You actually have some strength in you? This will be a fun challenge...I think I'll stop playing around with you."

Well...Since Naruto has undergone his transformation...I concentrate for a second before erupting into my Armageddon mode. Smirking through the flames engulfing my body I plunge my sword into the ground to launch a giant wave of lava at the guardian. Naruto sees the opening and creates two giant fists which crash into the chest of the guardian, knocking him back again. I dash over to the downed giant and plunge my flaming sword into the gem on his forehead. It cracks even more but no serious damage is done. Realizing what we are aiming for, the giant grabs me with giant palms and attmepts to squeeze me to death. Putting my arms and legs out, I push back with all my strength as we begin having a tug-o-war of the sort.

Naruto who is still on the ground sprouts another tail making his features of the fox even more vivid than before. He charges up his rasengan in the palm of his hand which looks different than before. In the blink of an eye, Naruto zips across the plateau and slams his rasengan into the giant's chest, creating a giant hole where it landed. The guardian falls back, releasing me.

"Naruto! Hit him in that same spot!" I command.

With no response, Naruto leaps into the air and unleashes a massive barrage of pure demon chakra into the hole in the giant's chest. The chakra blast is so destructive that it completely obliterates the hole and leaves a giant, gaping, see through gap. Using the only chance we have to defeat the giant, I pull out my flaming scythe and front flip through the air at high speed coming into contact with the guardian's gem on his head. It shatters into a million pieces creating a chain reaction within the guardian. He begins to glow white hot from the inside before exploding with the force of a ten ton bomb. The force sends Naruto and I flying back but he manages to catch himself in midair and grab me with a chakra hand.

We land safely and I release my Armageddon form. I see Naruto struggle for a bit before the nine tails chakra dies down leaving him back to normal, heaving. We walk back to the plateau to see nothing left but half of a black and red sword lying on the ground.

"What's that?" Naruto asks.

"It must be the key...Or half of it. Once two are conjoined it will create a full one, allowing us to tread into heaven or hell."

"So...we're done?"

"Indeed Naruto. Thank you for your help. When this apocalypse ends, know that you played a huge part in ending it. Now you should probably get back to your friends."

He smiles and pulls out the transportation scroll, "No problem War. You helped me, I had to return the favor."

"I have a gift for you. Here take this." I say, handing him a semi long knife. "It's called a chaos blade, if you run your chakra or any other kind of power through it it will burst into flames making it a deadly force to be reckoned with."

"Wow...thanks War. I appreciate it."

He ties the blade and sheathe around his waist and we shake hands. He then pulls out the scroll and in a matter of minutes disappears from the plateau. I look up into the dark sky and sigh before turning around and heading back to the meeting point my brothers and I discussed. I hope their journeys went as well as mine did. We still have many things to do to stop the apocalypse but this is one big event in the whole ordeal of halting the apocalypse. We're coming for you heaven and hell, I hope you are prepared to meet your doom...
End Notes:
Next up is the book of Death so watch out for that! :)
The New Rider by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
The first chapter in the book of death! Enjoy!
Book Two:Death

The New Rider


After parting with my brothers, I begin my journey to the Village Hidden in the Rain to find the guardian. I take a good look at the world around me just to see the destructiveness of the apocalypse. No demons or angels are around which worries me but I am relieved because of that. They must be fighting somewhere else and I can't wait to get in on that action. Summoning forth my horse I jump on his back and begin covering lots of ground in a matter of minutes. My steed leaves behind a trail of fire as he gallops through the lush forests that sprawl out across this world. Me, Death, on the ride to stop the apocalypse with the help of my brothers of course.

Immediately I begin hearing the familiar sounds of battle. The clashing of swords, the gut wrenching sound of blade entering flesh. The mortal world is where demon and angel become mortal and they are able to fight it out in the most deadly of all war's. This war always destined to happen since the beginning of time. As the legend says, it was inevitable to stop this Armageddon but what the legend didn't mention was that my brothers and I would be there to stop this altogether. Holding nothing back, I whip out my two glimmering scythes and place them facing backwards in my hands. As I enter the battlefield, I leap of my horse, dismissing him as he disappears into dust. I stomp my foot into a demons head, crushing his skull as I get a good glimpse of the battlefield. Angels yelling out and following orders in complete unison while hell's army attacks with utmost chaos. Almost instantly, an angel turns his head and spots me. Wide eyed, he nudges one of his comrades and points at me. Not caring that I've been spotted, a black shroud of clouds gather up around me and rise a few feet, I am Death and this is my Reaper form. I gain my tattered black robe and my back sprouts wings made out of bone.

What did you expect from Death himself?

Legions of demons and angels rush me in an attempt to end my life. You cannot kill what isn't alive correct? For I am neither alive nor dead, I govern those who die and I reap the souls of the unworthy. I gather all my dark mass and a black cloud of death sweeps across the field, killing off those in the radius of my attack. I hover over to the others who are fighting and begin slicing and dicing varieties of angels and demon alike. I hack, I slice, I impale those who are too weak to stand up to me. Each one I reap brings my soul count just one higher, increasing my strength. A trait my brothers and I share.

About another hour goes by of clearing the battlefield of the unworthy and I eventually finish up. I can feel the souls cascading off of me, my trademark feature. It's as if a black shroud constantly looms around me partially hiding my other features. Seeing the battlefield is empty, I drop my Reaper form and fade back to normal, the robe fading away as my black shroud. I sheathe my two scythes on my back and continue towards the Rain village. The energy signature is so obvious I don't know how anyone could miss it.

On my way to the village, I begin hearing peculiar noises. It sounds like metal...dragging across dirt. The clink and clank of it shuffling together almost sounds like...chains maybe? I jump up into a tree and climb on the very top of it and peer out across the land. It takes me a while to notice but I see humans bound by chains, forced to walk in a line. I drop down from the tree and slowly sneak my way closer to the humans. I get behind a fairly large tree and peek my head around the side, gathering as much information as possible.

It seems to be a variety of ninja and civilians with demons tugging them along. Why the hell are the demons doing this? I thought for sure they would be slaughtering them and eating their flesh for breakfast. Guess not...

As a horseman I am bound to protect the humans as this is not their war. I hate to go out of my way but I know the council would be upset if I left any human for dead. I continue to look upon the humans, when one kid turns his head and looks at me right in the eyes. I snap my head back around the side of the tree and pray he won't say anything. Time to jump into action I guess.

Unsheathing one of my scythes, I launch it at a demon, the scythe swirling through the air as it strikes him in the back of the head. The other demons obviously noticing, arm their weapons and release the hell hounds to sniff me out. Stepping out from behind the tree, I dash out and grab my scythe that I had thrown. Immediately, their little dogs begin charging at me. Using my scythes I impale one up through his chin and tear of it's head spraying blood everywhere. I kick another one in the face, and drive my scythe through the top of it's head, spinning around throwing it across the field at the same time slicing another hound in half. I begin to exchange metallic blows with demon swords but they are no match for me. I swing at a demons head to which he blocks and with that distraction, I bring my other scythe around and slice open his stomach making his entrails spill out right before him. Blocking another sword strike from another demon, I bring both my scythes around and cut through his neck like butter, leaving his body standing there leaking blood like a fountain. With one demon left he begins to get on his knees and beg for mercy. I just smirk at this pathetic fool as I punch through his chest cavity and tear out his rib cage along with his lungs. In the hole that remains I see his still beating heart as I reach in and squeeze it until it's juices begin to leak the bloody fluid eventually exploding within my grip.

"You alright?" I ask the group of humans.

Most of them just stare in horror at my destructive power but I was always taught to fight with total annihilation.

"I am on your side." I say to them, pulling out a small knife, cutting their chains off.

"Who are you?" A kid with black hair and dark coal eyes asks.

"The name is Death. I am one of the four horsemen sent here to stop the apocalypse. What's your name?"

"Sasuke. Sasuke Uchiha."

"Know any safe places for your friends?"

"Friends? I don't have any friends... These other people are of no business to me."

"Well that's too bad. As part of my duties, I must make any human that I encounter is safe."

"Hn."

I push him aside and ask another ninja, "Do you know of any safe places?"

"Y-yes. We were actually headed back to an encampment before these demons surrounded us and took us p-prisoner." He replies.

"I will escort you there. What about you kid?" I ask Sasuke.

"Like I said they aren't my business."

"Fine my be, I hope you enjoy getting eaten alive by demons."

"Tch."

"Accompany me on my journey, you may have a foreboding personality but I like you Sasuke."

He stares at nothing for a while before slowing nodding his head at me. The other ninja I was talking to whose name is Akaru leads us and the other humans back to the encampment he spoke of. Day one has already been interesting and I hope this Sasuke kid can hold up in our journey. I sense a very very dark presence within him which signifies his strength. I hate to say this but his dark energy is close to mine, not that it matters, I could crush his skull within seconds. I just want to know why it's at such a high level...
Rainy Day by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
Back with another update! Enjoy.
Book Two:Death

Rainy day


Should've expected rain in the surrounding area of the Hidden Rain Village...I don't mind it though. We woke up early this morning to continue to the encampment that Akaru spoke of. He says we're about halfway there which is good. The sooner the better right? Sasuke has been fairly quiet this entire journey, I can tell he keeps to himself most of the time.

"You don't look like you're from the rain village." I say to Sasuke.

"That's because I'm not."

"Then where are you from?"

"I was born in the hidden leaf. Left that place a while ago."

"Hidden leaf...That's where my brother War is."

"There are more of you?"

"There are four of us. You have me, War, Conquest, and Famine."

"Interesting."

I guess that's where that conversation ends. I leave Sasuke in the back of the group and head to the front of the group to talk to Akaru.

"How fortified is your base?" I ask Akaru.

"Good enough, I hope. We've managed to drive off a couple of demon strikes but nothing big."

"Well make sure you keep building your defenses, Hell's army especially is unpredictable and it would be a shame if any more of you were to perish."

"Why do you care so much for us humans?"

"Like I've said before, it's our duty, our job. The council would be most displeased if we were to go against our duties. Plus, this isn't your war. Your world just happened to be the median for Hell and Heaven to meet."

"Oh...That makes sense. Hey, I've heard some rumors going around. Mainly stuff passed down through the random survival groups but I was wondering if you could confirm them."

"What rumors might those be?"

"I heard that the demons have been capturing humans and sending them to enslavement camps..."

"What? I haven't seen such a thing but it was peculiar that the demons had you in chains...I'll look into it."

"Like I said, just rumors, but you never know."

"Everything is unpredictable in these times it may very well be true."

I snap my head to the left at the sound of rustling bushes, seems like I spoke too soon.

Sasuke speaks up, "I'll take care of this..." as he sends a lightning bolt into the leafy shrub.

A demon troop emerges with a mixture of skeleton warriors and stone brutes. Mainly just your basic demon infantry but still a pain in the ass. Sasuke pulls out his blade and flickers over to the small troop and begins engaging in deadly sword combat. I tell Akaru to keep guard as I leap over to the small battle and begin helping Sasuke. I whip out my scythes and begin slicing and slashing away. I come into contact with their swords a few times but I manage to cut around their defense and chop away their limbs. When I'm done with that I look over to Sasuke who is finishing up. He slashes at a skeleton who blocks then brings his foot into the skeleton's chest, spinning around and summoning forth a giant fist that crashes into the enemy's body, destroying it. Wait a minute...What the hell was that? It almost looked like...A skeleton.

"Interesting power you have there Sasuke, what was that?" I inquire.

"You'll find out soon enough." He blatantly replies.

"Fair enough, how about we keep moving?"

"Hn."

That usual bland response...Every second I'm with this kid his darkness shows more and more. No wonder I've taken a liking to the kid, he's engorged in the shadows of hatred. I don't know why I didn't realize this at first...Now I'm kind of excited to see his true power.

We quicken up our pace and make due for lost time. The look on these survivors faces almost instantly turns to an expression of despair but I suppose that's because of the not so happy weather. A good look at this world would make anyone depressed especially since it's what used to be their home. Giant trenches have emerged as a result of deadly fighting and hell's army emerging from the ground. Any vegetation that was once gleaming with life is now stricken with complete deadness. I pity these humans...It isn't even their fight.

Eventually a fairly large fortification comes into sight and Akaru takes off his headband and raises it above his head to signal to his allies that we are friendlies. We walk inside the base and I instantly begin receiving odd stares.

"Do not worry, he is a friend. His name is Death, and he is one of the four horsemen, apparently they are here to stop the apocalypse." Akaru assures.

They all drop their defensive stances and go back to talking with each other. Akaru brings me inside a tent with supplies stacked in bulk around it. It seems to be the war tent because a map with figurines lies in the middle of the tent and a few ninja are gathered around it. They snap their heads up and look at me in shock which means that Akaru needs to explain once again.

"This is Death of the four horsemen, he can be of great benefit to us since he says he is here to stop the apocalypse." He says to them.

"Hmm. Akaru where have you been?" One of them asks.

"We were ambushed and captured by demons, luckily Death happened to be around and helped us out."

"I am bound to my duties, which is to protect humans." I explain.

"Good timing. Wait...Is that Sasuke Uchiha?"

"Indeed, we aren't sure why he was in the area but he was captured before us." Akaru further explains.

"Hn."

"I guess we need all the help we can get."

"So what do we have here?" I ask stepping up to the map.

"This is a map of all the countries. We've marked locations of our allies and estimated where they would retreat to if they've been run out of their village like us. We've managed to have a few scouts find some survivor groups that are nearby but that's about it. We're going to have to drop all tensions with other villages right? This is a time of ultimate tragedy...We all need to band together..." The one known as Umeko says.

"That's a good plan so far. You will indeed need to come together to fight off this threat. To be honest I'm surprised there are survival groups at all, I expected complete extinction of the human race...I congratulate you."

"We've all experienced war..."

"Well I need to make it into your village. The guardian resides there and I need to take him or her down in order to unlock heaven or hell. If I can do that my brothers and I can stop the apocalypse."

"The rain village is a battle zone right now, how are you going to treat there?"

"Believe me it can be done. Plus Sasuke is going to help me."

"Am I now?" Sasuke rhetorically asks.

"Sasuke, your powers deeply interest me, I would like to see them to their fullest extent."

He smirks, "I appreciate the compliment. I suppose I can help. What's in it for me?"

"I'll teach you a couple of things along the way to make you more powerful." I know that'll interest him.

"Fair enough..."

"For now I suggest we rest," I say to the group in the tent. "Anything can happen and we need all of our energy to fight the worst."

"I agree with you horsemen we will rest for the night." Umeko says, leaving the tent and retreating to his private tent.

So day two proved to be a bit more eventful and I'm glad these humans have a survival base. They also seem to have a plan to make their survival more efficient which just proves they are and have been prepared for war all along. Sasuke continues to interest me and I hope I can teach him a couple things about the true being of dark essence. Seeing that skeleton fist thing purely strikes my curiosity because I honestly suspect he is somehow related to me or somehow has a part of me. I still have many things to learn along the way and the guardian is still my number one priority. Tomorrow brings new things...
End Notes:
Thanks for reading!
Fear by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
enjoy!
Fear

Book Two:Death

"So tell me Sasuke. What troubles you?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" He coldly replies

"Something is obviously wrong. Your eyes are dark and cold. Your face shows one of anger and hatred and your words sting like fire."

"Hn. When I was a child my older brother slaughtered my entire clan and killed my parents right before my eyes."

"That is very unfortunate. I'll make sure their souls rest easy."

"Thanks..."

"Sibling troubles huh? I know how that feels."

"A supernatural being like you has siblings?"

"Yes. I have three brothers. A very strong sibling rivalry with my brother, War."

"Care to explain?"

I sigh, "Fine but listen up and keep a lookout for angels or demons."


***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***

"That's one!" I yell ripping a demon's torso in half. "Two!" Tearing another's head off. "Three!" Grabbing a demon's head, tearing it off and stuffing it back inside it's body.

War's face tightens as he preforms a blade combo slicing a demon's legs off then bringing the sword down, cutting it's body in half, "One!" He yells.

I bring my scythes and hook onto a demon's rib cage, pulling on it hard enough to rip it out of his chest cavity, "Four!"

War upper-cuts a demon into the air then jumps to it's level and uses his scythe to hook it through the chest while flipping, slamming it into the ground. "That's two!"

An hour of that goes by until there is only one demon left, who being scared, turns around to run away. War and I look at each other before summoning our steeds, Ruin, War's horse, and Despair, my horse, to chase down the demon. We easily gain ground on him before we catch up and drive each of our weapons into the demon's back tearing his body in half because of the pull we put on him.

"Twenty-six and a half." War says proudly.

"Twenty-seven and a half." I respond. "I win."

"Rgh..."

"Sorry brother."

War storms off without another word to say. He's always been like this. I know the council holds me with the highest regard and I know I must live up to their expectations being the most feared of all the horsemen. I just wish he wasn't always trying to compete.

That night I head back to the temple to rest up from today's training but when I get there I see a figure. Clad in stone armor with the markings of the old ones. A blade glimmers in the moonlight and the red fabric whips in the wind. Red eyes outline a face with glowing silver hair that hangs just below the red cowl that wraps around his neck. A stone glove bawls itself, following the movements of the fist that's inside of it.

"Brother..." I calmly say.

"Death. Fight me."

"Quick to the point eh brother?"

His footsteps quicken as he begins charging directly at me. He whips out his blade with the souls of 1,000 dead ones sealed inside of it. I pull out my scythes and spin them around, settling them backwards in my hands. I too begin to charge and eventually we reach each other and smash blade to scythe. He pulls back his blade and swings it at me full force. I put up my scythe handle and block the incoming sword strike and stick my other scythe in the ground, using the leverage to smash War in the chest with my foot. He flips backwards and catches himself, instantly charging back at me. I meet him and we begin exchanging blows of our own. I deflect each one of his strikes until I see an opening and hook my scythe onto his armor and pick him up, slamming him into the ground. I then place my foot on his throat.

"Are you done...?" I grimly ask.

"No." He says as he erupts into Armageddon form.

The force just from his transformation sends me flying back a few feet but I plant my scythe into the ground and land safely. I react by bringing up my black shroud, transforming into Reaper form. The lava like figure barrels towards me swinging his flaming sword at me. I flap my skeleton like wings and leap into the air, doing a front flip to connect my scythe into his back. He flattens on the ground and eventually fades back to normal. I too return to normal and walk over to my fallen brother.

"Are you ok?" I ask, grabbing his hand to help him up.

"Rgh..." He gets up and storms off...again...

I'll never understand his amount of rage...It's just his nature though. I see why the council created him like that;Why they created each of us like we are. I just wish it didn't get between us...


***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***

"That's about the gist of it." I finish up.

"Interesting..." Sasuke trails off.

"Shh." I say to Sasuke.

"What is it?"

"Angelic patrol. Fifty meters."

"Hn."

"How about a head on attack?"

"Are you sure?"

"I can handle myself, can you?"

"Hn."

We begin sprinting at the patrol and are easily spotted. They point their halberds and begin firing off charges of blue light at us. We don't do much to dodge because they mostly miss, occasionally we have to side step to avoid a few but no real hard work. We get within sword range of the group and Sasuke un-sheathes his katana. I whip out my reaping tools and spin them around in my hands, sizing up our opponents. One charges head first at me so I side step and bring my scythe directly into the back of his helmet, piercing it, driving his head into the ground as blood spurts out the back of it.

A few of the angels taken aback at my swift kill all decide to rush me to take me down as a group. I ready my battle stance but before they reach me I see a lightning bolt out of the corner of my eye which strikes one of the angels causing him to lose his balance in the air and crash into the ground. The other two angels stop mid flight and look at Sasuke before charging at him. Electricity fills his blade as he too charges at the two angels. I sprint towards the angels who somehow have forgotten about me and grab one by the leg, bringing him over my head, slamming him into the ground. Exploding into Reaper form, I bring my giant scythe into his forehead, ripping it downwards causing his body to cleanly split in half. Blood flows out of him like a geyser as his organs begin spilling out making a bloody mess.

I look over to Sasuke who has his sword plunged into an angels chest with electricity flowing throughout it, paralyzing him. Sasuke raises his other hand which is filled with electricity and swaps sword for hand, striking the angel through the chest, his hand coming out of the angel's back.

"Impressive Sasuke." I say.

"You haven't seen my true power."

"You'll have to show me one day."

"Hn." Again with that damn response...

We sheathe our weapons and continue the long journey to the hidden rain. I didn't expect it to be this far but I'm having fun slaughtering the damned. I continue my duty as an enforcer and I know for a fact my brothers and I will enforce the balance upon heaven and hell. With this young kid at my side I don't see how I can lose.

"So Sasuke if you weren't with that group of survivors what were you doing in this village?" I finally ask.

"I was trying to gather information..." He coldly replies.

"Information? About what?"

"The whereabouts of a relative of mine, Madara Uchiha."

"I thought your whole clan was killed.

"He's in an organization called The Akatsuki. I learned their base of operations is in the rain village so I decided to come here...He assisted my brother in the slaughter. The weird thing is that he is over one-hundred years old. He founded the hidden leaf too..."

"Hmm. Another that thinks they can cheat death..."

He nods.

"Maybe we'll run into him."

"Maybe."

"So what was that skeleton like thing I saw come out of you?"

"The Susanoo."

"Susanoo? Wait..."

"A power of the Mangekyou Sharingan."

"Interesting..."

"You'll see it soon enough."

No wonder I feel the dark presence within this kid! The Susanoo is a part of me. Years before the creation of this world, the council realized I was too powerful and relinquished a part of my powers for the benefit of humankind. This kid...Contains a part of me. Death. Now I really must focus on Sasuke. Hell he might as well become my understudy while I'm here. I still can't believe it...The council must be watching from the overworld. I hope they're watching, I've just found a part of myself...
From Dust by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
New chapter. Enjoy.
-From Dust

Book Two:Death

Barely any time has passed since the apocalypse started and I've already found a kid who contains a part of me. We discussed it a bit and I told him that before the beginning of time, when the first humans emerged, my power was given to the sage of six paths. The one who put the world into motion. He was a perfect example of balance and was actually able to keep the balance. I even met the guy a few times as we discussed our role if the balance were ever to be interrupted. He agreed to the terms and that's when the council came forth and gave him the Susanoo.

Sure I feel like I was used because it was in fact a part of me but then again I feel like I played a crucial role in the creation of the world, though I could also play a same role in the end of this world...It all depends on the confrontation with Heaven and Hell.

"I have another question, Death." Sasuke says out of nowhere.

"What is it?"

"Why now? Why did the apocalypse have to begin now?"

"The seven seals. They were broken in certain intervals for the past century or so. The final one being broken signified that the third kingdom of man was ready to defend their selves. You've probably been ready for this for a while though."

"I see..."

"If this war began sooner, all of you would be extinct." I plainly put.

"Oh..."

"That almost did happen once. When the Kingdom of Heaven plotted to storm Hell's gates by breaking all but one seal. Luckily the council caught wind and sent us to punish Heaven. But I'll save the story for another time."

"Hn."

"If you say Hn one more time I'm going to pull your soul out of your still beating heart."

No response.

Rustling.

Sasuke twitches his head to the left and points his sword at some trees. "Who's there." He calmly says.

I settle my hands on my scythe blades and relax into a defensive stance. Whoever is there...Is going to get it. I see bright white wings emerge against the green leaves of the tree. It's an angel (Of course) but one that I recognize. One who leads the hellguard, a small band of angels who are of the highest rank and will be there to defend against Hell's armies. Sapphirra.

She glares at me. "You!"

"Finally found me huh? What are you going to do?"

"The duty I uphold calls me to raise my sword against you...So I will."

Dozens of angels swarm the area surrounding us, eventually the circle us, closing us in. Each have their glaives pointed, ready to kill. I silently slide out my scythes and prepare for the battle. Sasuke does so too, activating his Sharingan, his ocular powers.

"I suggest we go for the overkill, if you catch my drift..." I say smirking under my mask.

My scythes which can be fused to make my Reaper form scythe, sticks headfirst into an angel as I roar into Reaper form. I grab the large scythe and tear the angel's head off leaving his body spewing blood. Sasuke activates a different form of his Sharingan as the Susanoo grows around him. He stabs an angel straight through the chest with the sword and tears the poor fellow in half, organs flying every which direction.

Sapphirra retreats behind her soldiers while firing off charges of light energy. With my black shroud I reach out and grab another angel, pulling him towards me. With my scythe I tear off his armor piece by piece and chop his body into pieces with my destructive blade. I turn around to see the Susanoo's aurora leaking...towards me. Unwillingly absorbing it's strength, I feel the power resonating within me. Raising my hands into the air I summon forth multiple scythes that begin spinning violently, then I send them at a group of angels who get torn through like a meat grinder.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Sasuke load a bolt into the Susanoo's crossbow, firing it off, sending a few more angels straight to oblivion. I feel a blade enter my skeletal chest and come face to face with Sapphirra. I clock her in the face which sends her back a few yards, then I slowly float towards her. Raising my scythe, I drive it into the ground right next to her head and release my form, going back to normal.

"Tch. Why don't you just kill me already?" She says, accepting her fate.

"Because I want a challenge wench." Pulling my scythe out of the ground and walking away.

Unable to move, two angels swoop in and carry her off into the air. I see Sasuke slice three more angels cleanly in half before settling back into his normal form.

"Heh. That's what I'm talking about."

"That power...It feels great." He creepily says.

"Don't let it cloud your judgment though. You could end up making a decision you regret."

"H-"

"Remember what I fucking said?" I turn around glaring at Sasuke.

With no change of facial expressions he slowly nods.

"I saw the Susanoo's chakra flowing into me. I don't know whether to be afraid of that or not. It obviously resonates with my power..."

"I saw that too, I felt ten times stronger."

"I knew you would enjoy that...There are bigger matters at hand though."

"Like what?"

"Well we still have that Madara fellow to find. The guardian is still roaming and now we know that the Hellguard is out for us."

"What do you suggest we do?"

"Take it slow...We keep a low profile and look for this Madara you speak of."

He smirks, "Sounds good to me. I'll try to locate him with my Sharingan."

"Whatever works. Oh and take this." I say tossing him an ancient rune.

"What is it?"

"A rune forged by the old ones. Touch it to your sword and it will become embedded into it. It's distinct powers will resonate within it, similar to the dark aurora you see around my scythes."

Interested, he pulls out his sword and touches it to the sword. A bright light emerges from it before a symbol appears on his sword that reads "wrath". A purplish black cloud begins swirling around the sword and it glows with energy.

"I like it." He evilly says before stopping and blinking a few times.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Madara...I've located him somehow...Lets go." He says walking westwards

"Lead the way."
The Rainy City by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
The newest update. Enjoy!
-The Rainy City

Book Two:Death

We continue heading to the Rain village and with the gates in sight, we're close. The metallic village is illuminated by each flash of lightning. Rain continues to fall creating such a gloomy atmosphere that even I, Death, can feel. Sasuke activates his sharingan and closes his eyes for a second before taking a left after the gate entrance. His sharingan might be able to locate people with ease...but we're not alone and I'm surprised he hasn't sensed them...Demons.

Shadows dance on the walls with each bright boom of lightning, the outline of hell hounds are as bright as day even in the shadows. Fiery eyes light up in the darkness and mouths spew out embers of fire as they smile at our demise. I'll let them think that but we won't go down that easily.

I steadily place my hands on my scythes and prepare for the upcoming battle. Somehow Sasuke notices my uneasiness and calmly places a hand on his sword handle, the new rune creating clouds of dark purple energy that floats around the sword.

Finally, the tension is broken by dozens of hounds swarming out of a variety of alley ways, their razor sharp teeth glisten in the lightning as they all group together and charge for us. Sasuke unsheathes his sword and changes from a walk to a sprint as he charges at the group. With no time to waste, I follow suite.

We tear through multiple hell hounds. Blood splatters from every direction you can think of as body parts go flying. Sasuke stops to make a few hand-signs as lighting shoots out from him in all four directions and begins spinning around violently like a sort of razor windmill. The streets of the rain village become a blender of our destruction. Using my powers, I literally suck the souls out of the hell hounds and demons alike. They deflate like a popped balloon and struggle before giving up their life to my being.

Sasuke kicks a hound into the air, stabs a demon behind him then brings his blade up into the air to slice the fiery dog clean in half. It's organs spill out in mid air and blood spatters all over Sasuke but he goes un phased. A killing machine just like myself. I hook a demon in the chest with my two scythes and tear open his rib cage so his bones are facing outwards. I cast him aside and let him bleed out. Still tearing through the number of demons and hounds, like an acrobat I flip over a demons back and with my scythe snap his neck like a twig.

The mist of blood and guts clear, leaving Sasuke and I standing back to back glaring at our pure annihilation. He flips his sword around in his hand before sheathing it into the case. I put my scythes back on my hip holsters. Without any words Sasuke turns his back and keeps heading down the street we just wrecked havoc on. Now I can feel it...I feel the guardian. It's near and someone else is with it. Must be that Madara fellow. I wonder what he wants with the guardian. This confrontation is going to be beyond interesting especially if Madara is as powerful as Sasuke says he is. With that we come to a transparent wall of demon magic. Crap. I expected this. We're going to need a demon key to get passed this...

"What is this?" Sasuke asks, pissed off.

"A demon barrier...There's a key hidden in the city somewhere and we're going to have to find it." I explain.

"Where would it be?"

"Anywhere..."

I sigh, "We'll split up, try using your sharingan to locate any foreign energy. Pretty much anything that isn't chakra."

"Got it." He says, turning around and heading off alone into the desolate village.

I shake my head and head off in the opposite direction. I'm not at all scared being alone in this village but I fear that Sasuke will get caught up in something beyond his power. I can tell the kid gets ahead of himself sometimes and may underestimate anything...Which isn't good because these demons and angels are supernatural and any of them could be lurking within the village. I take a right at an intersection to see a set of stairs that lead up a tall building. I might as well get a heigh advantage, so I tread up the metal stairs. After a while of climbing them I make it to the top and look over the rainy city. The wind blows my hair to the right and each flash of lightning creates a silhouette of my figure against the sky. Any person watching should fear me as my silhouette is known in the over world of heaven and hell. I AM the most feared...I am the executioner.

Forgetting that I'm supposed to be searching for a key, I close my eyes and try to sense the keys power. About north east of here I feel a energy signature that is neither the guardian's or chakra. It's weak so it must be the key. I hop down from the building and hit the ground creating a crater where I land. With the rain rushing in my face and the lightning looming overhead I sprint to the signature that I felt.

I dive into an alley way as I see demons guarding a chest of some sort which must be the key. I don't need a plan to sneak past them so I tear into the open with scythes drawn. They spot me and pull out their weapons as they begin to charge me. I hack, slice, cut, and reap everything that is of demon relation guarding that chest. After I'm done I look at the field of enemy that lay before me. A common sight at least for me. Exploding in to reaper form I smash the chest with my giant scythe and grab the key. Though something is wrong...The key is only a half. Which means there is another half that Sasuke needs to find.

I figure he can handle himself so I head back to the barrier and wait for him. Taking shelter from the rain in a building nearby I sit down against the wall and drift off after waiting for a while.

...

I jerk awake to see nothing. Sasuke isn't here...How long have I been asleep? I look outside to see the rain has stopped and that the sky is pitch black...Oh no...Sasuke! Immediately getting to my feet I head into the city of rain on my search for Sasuke. I have no idea where he could be and he obviously got caught up in something that was way too powerful for him. Rgh I knew this would happen. With my feet pattering against the ground I go to locate my newest student...
Entombment by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
The final chapter in the book of death. Enjoy!
-Entombment

Book Two:Death


Frantically running around through the city on a wild goose chase is a pain in the ass. The place is like a maze and every time I come to a dead end I want to bring this whole city down into the depths of hell. The rain has stopped luckily but for all I know it could start back up again. Deciding to get to high ground I scale the side of a building and make it to the top in record time. The metal of the buildings makes it easy to climb up. I peer out across the land for a good while before a blue flicker of electricity catches my eye. It looks weak but is enough of a signal so I head for it. I leap across the gaps of rooftops, hastily making my way to the electricity.

Eventually I come to the site of the the electricity and leap off, crashing into the ground. The next thing I see is beyond tragic even for me...What I see is Sasuke on his back, lying down, with blood trickled out all around him. His torso has been lacerated along with a few other deep gashes around his body. Truly a sad sight to see for someone such as him...

The assailant crawls out of the shadows, a three headed hell hound, one that I recognize as the guardian of the third circle of hell, gluttony, Cerberus. The razor sharp teeth glistens on each head complimented by acute claws. The dog, about ten feet tall in height leaps out at me, prepared to fight.

I somersault to the side and dodge his lethal bite at the same time swinging my scythes out from my belt. I twirl around like a tornado with scythe in each hand. The hound rolls to the side evading my attack. He stands up to spew acid at me to which I flip backwards to narrowly dodge. The split second the acid hits the ground I flip back forward and land on the dog's back. I bring my scythe's to two of it's throats and cleanly slice them off at the same time getting bucked off it's back.

The hound growls at me with fiery intent and begins dragging it's foot across the ground like a bull. We get into a stare down before picking up our feet and charging at each other. I leap into the air as does Cerberus. We reach each other and he reaches out at my throat to clamp it with sharp teeth. I maneuver to evade his razor like teeth and slam my scythe into his chest pushing it forward to bring the dog on it's back as we slam into the ground. I conjoin my two scythes to form one larger scythe with a blade on the butt of the handle. Twirling it around in my hands, I bring it above my head to bring the bottom blade into Cerberus' chest as I rip the blade down his torso revealing his insides.

With the beast dead I finally relax and turn my attention to Sasuke. He might be dead but I can still save him perhaps...I walk over to him and place my hand on his body, closing my eyes, appearing in the shadow realm before him.

"Wh-where am I...?" He asks.

I sigh, "Sasuke...You're...dead."

"Wh-what?!"

"This is the place you come to when you die. You arrive here and wait for me, the grim reaper, to take you further into the after life...This is the shadow realm."

"I died..."

"I had no idea that Cerberus would be here and it was my fault for leaving you by yourself. That hound is a guardian in hell...Well...was. I am sorry"

"I...I..." Sasuke at a loss for words.

"Fret not young one...Remember, I am the reaper and I decides who dies or not."

I place my scythes around Sasuke's neck as they begin to radiate with power. A bright white flash fills our vision before we reappear in the Rain Village, Sasuke alive and healed of his wounds. He runs his hands over his body to check for injuries before looking at me in complete awe.

"I....Th-thanks..." Sasuke stutters out.

"Hey look." I say pointing at the Cerberus' corpse. A key lays among it's entrails the very key we need to get through the force field. Sasuke glares at the dead dog's body before grabbing the key.

"Lets go." He coldly says walking towards the demon wall. For a kid like him to experience death like that...I don't even know what to say. Most humans I know would go insane from dying and being revived like that. Death is an...odd thing to go through especially when you're not ready for it. But Sasuke...He's so engulfed in darkness that it doesn't even phase him. Well...I don't know what to think at this point. Time to kill the guardian and that other Uchiha I suppose.

After fifteen minutes of silently walking through the metallic village it begins to rain as we come to the demon wall of magic. Sasuke looks at me before nodding as we shove the keys into the wall at the same time. The keys as well as the wall disintegrates, disappearing altogether.

"You ready?" I ask.

"Hn."

I glare at him behind my mask, "I'll let that go since you just technically died."

We pass through with no restriction and continue walking through the village with the rain pounding against our skin. The wind picks up violently and blows our hair to the left as we trudge through the city. Alas we come to a massive hulking beast...The guardian which is a manticore. The lion like body is connected to a tiger's head which contains shark like teeth. The tail is that of a scorpion's along with the wings of a dragon. Before the beast stands a man wearing an orange swirled mask with the sharingan in the right eye hole.

"Madara..." Sasuke says.

"Hm?" Madara turns to look at us as does the beast which contains the Sharingan in both of it's eyes. Has this man possessed one of the guardians...?

"Begone Sasuke. This does not concern you." Madara says before turning his head back to the guardian.

"It may not concern him...but it sure does concern me...and if you don't move...I will send you to the after life."

He snaps his head back towards me, "You dare confront me?! Do you know who I am?!"

"Hm... no. But you sure as hell should know who I am." I say as I slide out both my scythes.

"And your with this fellow Sasuke?"

"Hn." Sasuke emits twirling out his sword with the purplish clouds swirling about it.

"I see..."

The guardian rears it's ugly head at us before spewing flames in our direction. Sasuke and I kick off the dirt and split up, dodging the magnificent flames. We both skid to a stop and change directions and head for the guardian. It bends down, arms it's tail, and begins slamming the pointed, venomous tail at us creating craters in the ground. We narrowly dodge each strike and begin scaling it's legs. The manticore begins thrashing around trying to shake us off. I use my scythes to dig into it's flesh and hold my position as does Sasuke. Every chance we get, we climb even higher eventually making it to the back of the beast. Through the stormy weather and lightning looming over head, Sasuke nods at me and I nod back. I explode into reaper form and float to the side of the manticore's massive body. I look up to see Sasuke with lightning in his sword as he jabs it into the spine of the beast, paralyzing it.

I whirl my large scythe in my bony hands before creating a clean slice in the guardian's side. It roars in pain but remains paralyzed by Sasuke's lightning. Gallons of blood empty out of the large gash to which I avoid so I'm not lathered in the red substance. I hop back on the back of the manticore and take Sasuke's place, paralyzing the beast. Sasuke leaps off as his whole body becomes engulfed in electricity. He rockets into the wound and begins tearing up the insides of the beast like a razor windmill. Shredded organs and even more blood flows out of the beast like a waterfall before it falls over, completely and utterly dead. Sasuke explodes out of another spot totally bathed in the bloody insides of the guardian with it's still beating heart coursing with power. His eyes are sharp with murderous intent and his face as angry as Satan himself. I go to grab the heart from Sasuke but a figure collides against him, sending Sasuke hurdling across the concrete.

"Who the hell are you?!" He roars at me, swinging a fist at me.

I put up my scythe to block the attack but for some odd reason I pass through him like water, missing. He reaches backwards and grabs my hair, throwing me like a rag doll across the earth. I flip through the air and manage to regain my balance mid flight as my feet hit a building. I use the moment to push off the side of the building as I begin twirling like a tornado with both my scythe's drawn. Like last time I pass through his body and feel a kick delivered to my spine followed by a barrage of three massive fireballs that slam into me. Heh, for once someone is providing me with a challenge. I smirk at the man and remove my mask, something I haven't done for centuries.

"Your the only mortal that has provided me with a challenge in...approximately two-hundred and fifty years." I say to him.

"Who are you exactly...?" Madara inquires.

"Death or more formally known as the grim reaper." I can't tell his facial expression because of his mask but I can tell he is surprised by his lack of words.

"Very well...If I can conquer you than I can conquer anything." He says, removing his mask.

I see Sasuke arise with the heart still in hand as he looks at Madara, his eyes widening. "You...you're not Madara..." Sasuke says.

"Does it matter who I am Sasuke? I have helped you achieve your goals yet you defy me like this? After I'm done with him I'll kill you Sasuke!" The man now known as not Madara says.

"So how shall I address my opponent?" I casually say.

"If we're being formal...call me Obito." He replies.

Sasuke rockets out of no where and attempts to stab Obito but gets a swift kick to the chin, sending him into the air. Obito then quickly turns around and delivers a gut crushing kick to Sasuke's stomach, sending him skidding across the concrete again. I glare at Obito before we both charge at each other, not sure how to take him on I play it on the defensive side until I come up with a plan. He tries to hit me with kicks and punches but I easily dodge them with my blades. He tries to use his Sharingan on me but it has no effect since my powers are beyond anything in this realm. Wait...realm! That's it!

Obito charges at me as I smirk at his demise. My scythes glow purplish black as it cleanly enters his stomach and he stands there aghast.

"How..." He utters.

"I am Death. I rule life and death in all realms. Did you think I'm stupid or something? Your Sharingan was sending your body to another realm. I am neither dead or alive and oversee all planes. You cannot escape death..." I explain.

Sasuke slowly walks up and approaches Obito while glaring at him. "You lied to me about everything...I cannot forgive you." Sasuke slides out his blade with the purple clouds swirling around it. He spins around and delivers a clean slice across Obito's chest. With that, I raise my scythe up from his stomach splitting open his insides as they spill out across the ground before us. It's all over except when the body dissipates into dust. Obito is no where to be seen so I assume he escaped...I look up to see a figure standing tall on a building clutching it's stomach before a vortex opens up and the figure steps through it, vanishing.

"He escaped..." I say.

"Barely." Sasuke replies. "Dammit..."

"Don't worry Sasuke, your time for revenge will come soon enough. Now hand me the heart."

Sasuke reaches into his robe and pulls out the heart still coursing with power. I put my executioner's mask back on and mash the heart with my bare hands. What comes out is half of a sword which I assume is just half of the key to heaven since it is glowing white with blue symbols etched into it. Now that this part of my journey is complete I can reunite with my brothers and tread into heaven or hell.

"Sasuke I am forever in your debt is there any way I can repay you?" I say.

"Anything to add to my powers."

"Hmph. You've deserved it..." I place my hand on his shoulder as a purple and black aurora floods from my arm and into Sasuke. His eyes flare the mangekyou sharingan uncontrollably before his Susanoo explodes out from him with a large scythe planted on it's back. The chakra is ten times more powerful and I can feel it radiating from the form. Sasuke commands the Susanoo to pull the scythe from it's back as it slices a building clean in half. I see Sasuke smirk as the Susanoo retracts and his eye begins bleeding.

"I knew you would like it." I humorously say.

"Thanks."

"This is where we part Sasuke. You were a tremendous help. Goodbye and perhaps we'll see each other some day soon."

"Goodbye Death."

I turn around and head back to our designated meeting spots to meet my brothers. Now that I have my part of the key we will be able to end this Armageddon. I have upheld my duty and will continue to do so.
A Flick of the Wrist by Shizake Uchiha
Author's Notes:
The third book of Famine. Enjoy!
-A Flick of the Wrist

Book Three:Famine

After discussing the plan with my three other brothers, my steed, Fury arises from the earth while I flip onto his back and ride off towards my designated village. Flames pour out of his hoofs as he gallops on throughout the lush yet dying forests of this world. The kingdom of man is finally at war with heaven and hell, honestly I thought this day would never come. The human race has always had it's problems and if they were perfect utopia then this war would've been over centuries ago. I can't do anything about it though, what happens, happens.

Immediately I come across a legion of angels and stand up on my horse and shoot up into a tree. I wait for them to pass by me before I take out my whip and wrap it around the throat of a straggler. He chokes but remains silent as to not alert the others. I leap down from the tree which drags him across the dirt and leave him hanging from the tree while I wait for him to black out. The pulley system is such a deadly weapon.

I slowly creep up on the other angels and lash out my whip at the group. To the first angel I aim for his wing as the whip cleanly slices it in half. He crashes to the ground so I bring my arm back and strike his head which sends it flying over the horizon. Oh I humor myself sometimes...Wait I'm still fighting.

The angels lunge at me, golden armor glistening against the sunlight. A charge of holy energy sears past my head so I swing my arm around and quickly hack off his armor with multiple quick strikes. With one final blow I impale his chest with the tip of the whip which I can cause to stiffen with no slack. I spin around and re-slacken the whip to chop off the other angel's head causing his body in mid flight to crash into the ground and come to a rest right before my feet.

I wrap the whip back up and place it on my belt. Hmm I know where this village is but how should I go about entering it? If I walk in I could be ambushed by angels or demons or even the guardian wherever the hell he lurks. Wait which village am I going to again? Oh right the Stone village. Oh what joys await me there? Maybe a rock or even better, some pebbles! I suppose I should find some survivors if any to assist me in my journey. The more the merrier right?

I close my eyes and close out all the sound around me. Part of my powers bestowed to me by the council is the ability to locate organic life,energy signatures, and old artifacts left by the old ones to the exact location. After a few minutes of meditating I locate a medium group of humans. With that information I head north west to the group.

I see a lake nearby so I stop by to rest. It's a good thing my brother War isn't here. His honor is so far up his ass it practically comes out his mouth. My ass would be getting chewed out right now for not doing my duty and helping to stop the apocalypse. Hey, a hero's gotta rest right?

Leaning to the left, a weapon of some sort whistles past my head followed by a barrage of other weapons that, with no effort, I dodge by leaning or lifting an appendage.

"Can I help you fellows?" I say. Oh right...the humans. I forgot about them.

I sense a foot heading for the side of my head so I put up my fist to block it. Whoever it is then sends their fist to the back of my head so I bend my head down to avoid it, grabbing his or her fist and sending them into the lake.

"Look, I'm not a demon or an angel. I'm not against you either. How about you calm down first before you even attempt to injure me." I explain while getting up and facing them.

Obviously they don't listen because a pattern of spiked rocks is heading for me. I disappear from their sight and appear in a tree. They look around in a panic which is the perfect time to strike. Out from the leaves my whip lashes out and wraps around one of the humans. I yank it back causing the human to fall flat on their back. Another one launches a boulder at the tree so I leap out of it as the tree cracks in half. I slap my whip into his forehead and it hits him hard enough to knock him out. I quickly deal with the other ones and before you know it all of them are either on their backs or out cold. Then I sit down in the middle of them with my legs and arms crossed.

"Now are you willing to listen?" I say.

The larger one who first attacked me gets out of the lake drenched. He looks at me in confusion before the rest of his comrades arise from a good ass whooping.

"Who are you?" The fat man asks.

"The name is Famine, don't wear it out. I'm one of the four horsemen here to save this world from the apocalypse and I could use your help."

"Why should we help you demon?" A young girl with black hair says.

"Your funny...Like I said, I'm not a demon."

"Then what are you?!"

"I'm what the overworld calls a nephilim. More ancient than demons and angels. My three brothers and I were chosen by the council to enforce their ruling. A pact between heaven and hell was made. This pact would be broken by the breaking of the seven seals in which man kind was ready to defend their selves against the two warring realms. Now that the war has begun it is up to us to end the apocalypse. My brethren are off collecting keys to the gates of heaven and hell...There...is that enough information for you miss?"

"Hmm..."

"What are your names?"

"My name is Akatsuchi! and this is Kurotsuchi! We barely escaped our village during the beginning attacks. This is who we managed to find. Our leader is yet to be found though." Akatsuchi explains.

"Cool. So where is your village I need to go there."

"What why?!" Kurotsuchi yells.

"There are four guardians that were placed into your world as the apocalypse began. The keys had to be hidden somewhere and they are forbidden from being in their own realms. One of them is currently residing in your village, hiding amongst the shadows. I need in."

"It's a death trap out there! We cannot go back!"

"Who said anything about we? I can go in myself I don't need you weak humans help. While my duty bounds to protect you I couldn't give a rats ass what happens to you in the end. All I care about is ending this whole damn war!"

"Weak huh?! I'll show you weak!" She roars pulling her fist back to strike me.

Ok this bitch is beginning to piss me the hell off. I'll give them a damned good glimpse of my true power!

A yellow cloud builds up around me before exploding outward. My pestilence form born from my wrath. I appear as a kraken with tentacles erupting from my back. My skin outlined in a yellow pestilence with locusts flying in circles around me. Kurotsuchi freezes in fear as I lift her up with a few tentacles and bring her face to face with me.

In a deep and whispy voice I say, "You. Are. Weak." Before dropping her onto the ground and shrinking back into my normal size. "Though I do commend you for surviving the apocalypse. The council, my brothers, and I speculated that the human race would've been extinct upon our arrival. So congratulations.

Akatsuchi runs over to her and helps her up. He looks at me in fear but there is a hint of respect in his eyes. He knows my true duty and knows I don't take shit from anyone.

"Now..." I say as I cross my arms. "Show me to your village."
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=10837