TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Memoirs of A Missing-nin by belovedly_loveless

[Reviews - 37]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Okay, so this is where we really start getting into the story.

It all began when I fell into that goddamned open grave I so easily failed to see as I stumbled through the cemetery, too drunk out of my mind to pay attention to where I was going. My mind was spinning and so was my vision, even as I fell.

I knew, in the back of my mind that I was falling, but my mind’s drunken stupor made it feel not only like forever, but also like I was floating on air. That is, until I slammed into the watery mush that I thought was the bottom the grave, but when I opened my eyes a dark sky looked back me, vast and riddled with twinkling stars.

I blinked a few times, realizing I was now stone cold sober, my mind fresh and clear. It was like the foggy glass had been wiped clean.

I looked around. This definitely was not the dark, enclosed space of an open grave. This was some kind of marshy wasteland. No building stood in sight and I began to feel that odd sensation of panic sweep through my stomach.

Where the hell was I? The back of my blue skinny jeans and black jacket I had on over a pink tank top was soaking wet as was the back of my head. My breathing became ragged as an icy wind chilled me. I wrapped my arms around myself but it did little in warding off the cold.

I looked around before walking, I didn’t have any idea where I was going, but I had to find out where I was. I felt helpless, confused and lost as I wandered aimlessly in the marshes that seemed to span forever. I gritted my teeth against the cold wind and kept going.

Where am I? Where am I going? Is this a dream? What do I do?

These questions ran a marathon through my head as I walked and walked and walked.

Finally, I stopped under a small grove of sickly trees, trying desperately to warm up but the temperature just kept dropping.

I sat there, so confused, so lonely, so cold. It all seemed to happen so fast. The fall, my walk, finding this pathetic excuse for trees. My thoughts drifting to the trees that sheltered me, I looked up at the barren branches. The bark was dark and rough and the trunks were thin and sickly. Suddenly I felt a lump in my throat. Seeing them standing there, so alone, all huddled their little group, painfully exposed to the elements, having to face it all by themselves.

There were no other trees that I could see. These three were the only ones. They were outcasts, misfits. Just like me.

I didn’t know how much time passed like that while I thought about my poor, poor trees, but I froze when I heard the sound of sloshy footsteps behind me and a soft voice whisper:

“Well what have we here?”

I turned my head to see a man staring back at me, a grin on his face. His hair was the oddest color. It was silver and it was pulled back into a loose ponytail. He had pail skin and wore glasses. He looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t place where I had seen him before. How could that have even been possible? I was still convinced this was all just a dream. The fall had knocked me out and now I was stuck in this odd vision.

“Who are you, and how exactly did you get across the border?” He asked, the grin never leaving his face, still peaking in that soft, kind whisper., but I could hear just faintest trace of malice underlining his tone.

“I uh…I don’t know how I got here. I just kind of…fell in.” I replied in a shaky voice. My voice actually spoke on its own, I was far too scared to talk.

“Well now did you? And your name my darling?” He asked lifting his hand and pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose.

“I..uh…My…Dante. Dante Chadwick.” I told. Cursing at myself internally for involuntarily speaking to this creepy stranger.

“Can you tell me where I am?” I asked, suddenly as the question ran across my mind again.

“Why, you’re in Otogakure.” He replied and my eyes widened.

“You mean…Like Hidden Sound?” I asked, unable to believe my ears.

He nodded. “Yes. Hidden Sound.”

I was taken aback. Hidden Sound? Then that meant I was….in the place I had been wishing I could go for the past four years…

The Naruto World.

“Naruto?” He asked, straightening and putting one hand on his hip after he heard my thoughts spoken aloud. “You’re from the Hidden Leaf aren’t you?”

I turned my gaze back to him and immediately threw my arms up in front of my face, deathly afraid that he’d attack. “No! No I’m not I swear!” I yelled

I could hear him take a few steps until he was inches from me, and put his hand one hand on each of my arms, removing them from in front of me and stared into my eyes.

After searching my eyes he stepped back and evaluated my outfit, at which he raised an eyebrow.

“You certainly are not from any place I’ve seen.” He said.

As I shook my head vigorously, he brought his eyes back up to my own and smiled. “Even I don’t find you a threat, why don’t I take you back to the lair, and we’ll see if Orochimaru-sama thinks.”

Finally, fear gripped my stomach and I began to shake.

“N-no, I don’t want to go there.” I said. I knew what they did. I knew what kind of sick, gruesome events went on down in those tunnels.

Obviously seeing my terrified reaction, he spoke again. “It’s alright, he’s not going to hurt you and neither am I.” He said.

“You’re lying.” I knew he was, I don’t know how, but I just knew that he was lying right through this teeth.

“You’re going to take me down in those tunnels and you’re going to do all kinds of experiments on me and I’m never going to come back up.” I said, and instantly regretted it.

His smile disappeared and his eyes narrowed suspiciously.

“And just how do you know all of that?” He asked. “Nobodies lived long enough after crossing the border to know any of that. Who is your resource.?”

My resource? Could I tell him my resource was my TV and a manga series? He’d never believe me. Never.

“I…I have…special abilites. I can see things that have happened and that are going to happen just by stepping into a place.” I lied. It was technically true. If I had stepped into Konoha I’d know of all the events that had happened there and that it’d eventually be destroyed and then brought back by Pain.

His eyebrows raised and his eyes twinkled. “Is that so?” He asked.

“Well, in that case, I’m definitely going to have to take you to Orochimaru-sama, someone like you could be very useful. And don’t worry, we’d never dream of experimenting on someone with such abilities.” He told me.

Did I have any other choice but to follow him? No. If I stayed out here I’d freeze to death or die from starvation. I clenched my jaw, and pursed my lips before nodding.

His smile returned and he began walking in the same direction I was going. “This way.”

I hesitated a second before following and glancing back at my miserable little group of trees, bidding them farewell with prayer that they would be okay.

-

_

 

Upon arriving, I was taken to a bath house and told to bathe.

“We can’t have you looking like that when you see him. You need to be presentable.” He said, handing me a folded set of clothes. My eyes narrowed at them. They were ninja’s clothes and there was also a headband.

“The Land of Lightning?” I asked, glancing at his reflection in the shining steel of the black forehead protector.

His lips tilted up in a smirk.

“Oh yes. If you went around in those clothes people would start asking questions.” He answered.

“But…I’m not a ninja. Not even remotely.” I protested.

His dastardly smirk widened. “Oh my dear, but you are. I can sense your chakra. I can also tell, by the crackling feeling its giving me, that you’re definitely a Raiton wielder. So I figured the Lightning headband was appropriate.” He told me.

I just stared at him. Chakra? Raiton? How in the world could I be a ninja? It just wasn’t possible. I was from the real world where ninja only existed in Japan, and they weren’t nearly on the level of these ninja…But this wasn’t my world. These weren’t my people. This wasn’t even in the same dimension. The same rules didn’t apply here. I wasn’t Dante Chadwick anymore. I could become anyone. The whole existence of chakra in my body changed everything. I was still very unconvinced that any of this was real, but I decided to take advantage of the sudden situation and go with it. I had been dreaming of an escape from my life in the real world and here it was, even if it was only a dream, I was going to make it last as long as I could.

Before he stepped out into the hall and closed the doors, I stopped him.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

The light reflected off his lenses so I couldn’t see his eyes and the light grin he held faded. “Kabuto.” He said, and closed the doors.

I didn’t know how long I had, so after I scrubbed all the dirt and dried mud off my body, and washed it out of my hair, I leaned against the deep purple tiles of the large bath that looked more like a bubbling pool then anything else, and thought about my situation.

This was definitely a dream, things like this just didn’t happen to people. I had been drunk when I fell in the grave and this was the result. I wasn’t sure how long it’d last but I was going to make it last as I was possibly was able. Here was a place I could make something of myself, where I could find purpose, even if it was with the enemy.

I knew what was going to happen to Orochimaru, and Kabuto so I didn’t really worry about them, I just had to work on not telling them enough for them to stop or alter things before they happened and the results of that could become very bad.

I’d just gain their trust by telling them things they’ve done in their past, and then telling them what they wanted to hear. I know, it sounded manipulative and conniving, but come on, we were talking about Orochimaru. The man didn’t need to read the book on how to manipulate and control people, he fucking wrote it, so I wasn’t feeling too bad.

In fact, despite my heavy unbelief in all of this, I was rather excited. Because I landed here, and was probably going to be at Orochimaru’s side most of the time, I was bound to run into a boy who happened to be my very favorite character back home when all of this was just a fantasy to me.

Uchiha Sasuke.

I was hoping he wouldn’t be quite so cold and cynical as he was in the show, but so far things were looking the same at least with Kabuto so I had my doubts about that thought. There was just something about Sasuke that caught my eye and put a lump in my throat. The poor guy was a walking tragedy and not to mention he was the king of self-inflicted drama. He had been though so much pain and suffering.

I hadn’t had such an easy life either. Except my experience was anything like his own, well at least the revenge part.

When I was seven, my parents had fallen victim to serial killer. His name was Marcus Torque and he was the only I had ever truly hated. He was a sadist, and tortured them before killing them. He tortured me too, but not like he did them. He had made shallow cuts all over my body, but that was it.

Them, what he did to them while I sat there and watched was something I hated to think about. He hadn’t used a knife as he did on me. He used scissors and he cut through their skin like paper.

I shuddered, I didn’t want to think about this. The nightmares would probably come back, but that was a given and I had somewhat gotten used to them.

In the beginning, I hadn’t wanted him dead as they had sentenced himat his trial. In my opinion killing him was the easy way out, it was what he wanted, and I didn’t want to give him what he wanted. I wanted him to suffer as much as he had made my parents and I suffer. I wanted them to throw him somewhere where I’d never have to see him again, and let him rot.

But alas, my wishes were not to be so. After my testimony they sentenced him to 85 years in prison with no chance of parole with the addition of the death sentence. So in actuality, he was going to rot and I’d never have to see him again.

My mood ruined, I stepped out of the bath and dried off, slipping into the provided clothes.

As I expected they were incredibly comfortable. I had on short black shorts, a black tank top that ended at my diaphragm, black knee high boots that were in same fashion as Sasuke’s although mine had a about a two inch heel with ridges underneath for better traction. Deep blue, (the same color as Sasuke’s pants) footless stockings were under the boots, and they ended at my mid thigh, well on my right leg. On my left leg, a kunai case and bandages covered the skin between my shorts and stockings.

Finally to top it all off, I wore a white long-sleeved shirt. The zipper started a few inches below my collar bones and ended just below my diaphragm so that it was open, exposing my stomach. Also, it was longer, ending just above my knees.

It was probably typical sound attire as the color schemes were the same. As I combed out my towel-dried hair, I realized the outfit was missing something. The purple rope. I frowned and shrugged, I didn’t really like the ropes anyways.

After my naturally straight hair was nearly dry, except for the ends, I took the headband in my hands and examined it. It looked brand new, no dents, no scratches. The metal was perfectly flawless. It was like a clean slate, a fresh start.

I frowned and decided to make my first scratch, my first imprint. I took one of the kunai in the kunai case, kind of surprised at its weight, and quickly swiped it across the headbands clean metal surface.....

Right through the symbol of the cloud.

Chapter end notes: Well I figured that was a nice place to end the 2nd chapter. Please review, I love them so much!