TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Race to Fifty by baxter54132

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: It is competition time! Flipomatic and myself are going head to head in a race to 50 one shots. You are probably thinking, ‘they will never do it’ but your wrong.
Requirements
-Must be at least 500 words.
-Must be about Naruto.
And that is it. Flipomatic and I have very different views about pairings so we may write about different things.
This first one shot is dedicated to HyUuGaBoY'sLuVeR because he always says something that makes me smile.
Disclaimer: If I owned Naruto then why would I be on this site making untrue things up? If I owned Naruto then Neji and Tenten would definitely be together by now.
Neji stares straight ahead as he tries to figure out how he got into this situation. His eyes meet Tenten’s but she instantly snaps her gaze downward. Neji lets a small smirk cross his lips as he thinks back to earlier that week when this all started. No that’s wrong… this started one year ago.
Flashback (One year ago)
“Yosh! You have finally become an Anbu Neji!” shouted Lee with just a little bit too much enthusiasm.
For once though, Gai doesn’t jump onto the crazy train. His voice took a more serious tone as he explained the reason for his gloomy mood. “Its great and all that you graduated, but that means you have passes me in level. I am no longer worthy to be your Sensei. The team will have to split up.”
Then the tears came, “Oh Gai-sensei”
“Lee”
“Gai-sensei”
And so on and so forth… Eventually Lee stopped sobbing long enough to think things through. A little light bulb clicked on above his tiny brain. “I have come up with a solution! What if we get together every month for a team dinner starting tonight? Then we can still hang out.”
“You are a genius!” replied Gai-sensei while he wiped the tears from his eyes.
Lee and Gai then went into happy/crying/ waterfall mode while Neji and Tenten just observed silently. Unnoticed by the green beasts Neji leaned in to tell Tenten that he had a meeting that night and wouldn’t be able to go to the dinner. Tenten nodded her head and quickly congratulated Neji. Accepting her thanks with a nod, Neji turned and walked away from his team.
11 months ago
“It is ti…”
“I can’t, I have to go to a formal dinner tonight.” Interrupts Neji.
10 months ago
“Meeting.”
9 months ago
“I’m sick”
8 months ago
“Tenten’s not going so I’m not going either.”
7 months ago
“I’ll be gone on a weekend mission.”
6 months ago
“I have to wash my robes tonight.”
5 months ago
“Meeting.”
4 months ago
“I just got back from a mission and need to catch up on my sleep so just leave me alone!”
3 months ago
“I have to train Hinata.”
2 months ago
“I have a mission tonight.”
1 month ago
‘Cough cough’ (he can’t speak)
This morning
A dejected looking Lee walks up to a stoic Neji. “Let me guess… you can’t make it to the dinner tonight.”
“Actually tonight is the first night that I will be open in months. What time are we meeting up?”
Lee’s face goes through a total morph as it ranges from dejected to excited to confused and then back down to sad. “Unfortunately this time Gai-sensei and I will be the ones who cannot make it to the dinner. We have an important mission tonight.”
“That is fine where is the meeting place?”
Present (Flashbacks over)
Neji sighs as Tenten continues to stare at the ground. He takes a sip of his water and watches his comrade closely. Strangely she had dressed up for the occasion. He noted her sparkly red dress and high heel shoes to match. Neji had only worn his normal Hyuuga robes.
Tenten looks up at Neji’s intense gaze and smiles widely. A waitress comes up to the two. “How are you guys doing?” she asks politely.
“Very well,” Neji responds with equal politeness.
“Can I get you anything else tonight or are you ready for your bill?”
“I think we are ready.”
The waitress gives them the bill that Neji promptly grabs before Tenten can even make a motion towards it. He pays, and gets Tenten so they can leave. They exit and slowly walk down the street away from the restaurant. They soon find themselves at a nearby park. Tenten sits down on a nearby swing set and motions for Neji to join her.
Tenten slowly rocks back and forth. She tilts her head up to look at the stars. “Well it sure is a nice night tonight isn’t it Neji?
Neji nods his head in agreement but doesn’t say anything.
Tenten turns to look at Neji, “How long are we going to keep this up for?”
Neji lets a rare smile show, “just until they match us up in an arranged marriage,” he jokes.
Tenten groans at Neji’s attempt at humor. “I’m serious. I never get to see you anymore. It’s like when we had an argument that one time, and we ignored each other for the rest of the week.”
Neji chuckles, “that wasn’t fun.”
“Yea, I guess… I just don’t want us to drift apart when we finally got together for real.”
A bush shakes and rattles in surprise. Everyone’s favorite green beast duo jump out from behind the bushes. Lee speaks for the two of them. “I didn’t know that you had youthfully gotten together!”
Neji glares at Lee, “you never asked.”
“Oh my!” shouts Gai, (lol that rhymes) “This is wonderful, your youthfulness and love has finally blossomed, I am so proud of you.”
“Oh Gai-Sensei”
“Lee”
“Gai-sensei”
“Lee”
“Umm Gai-Sensei?”
“Yes Lee?”
“Where did they go?”
“Oh don’t worry about it, they are probably making out on a hill somewhere.”
“Isn’t that how babies are made?”
Thisismylinemyalmightylineifyoumockmylineitwilldestroyyoubytimeyouhavefinishedreadingthisverylongsentenceinlineform.
That concludes chapter one of my race to 50. I’m 2% of the way there.
Did you read Flipomatic”s? Whose was better? (lol I shouldn’t ask that)
Review Please.