TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Reality's Illusion by Ardisaur_rawr

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This chapter is more of an exploration of Kaya... I'm trying to not to make Itachi and Kisame out to be creepier than they already are, bear with me once again!
The time flew by as well as the scenery, Kaya was so absorbed in her thoughts and there wasn't much for her to see except a small river or a huge boulder here and there. In the morning the biting wind was cold against her skin since she still had her nightclothes on, but as the sun rose higher the air grew hotter and she stopped shivering. Every time Itachi's foot made contact with a tree branch Kaya got tossed around on his back. It was turning out to be a good thing that she had not eaten in thirty-six hours. His hair flipped back and hit her face and even got in her eye once, but she still kept silent, afraid she would bother or anger him. Eventually Kaya's arms and legs got tired and her back was starting to stiffen. Itachi had not spoken since they had left the fireside and Kaya was still too unsure of him and herself to say anything. After twenty minutes of Kaya debating whether she should tell him to stop before her arms gave out and she dropped through the trees, Itachi spoke.

“I can tell that you're getting tired, but we're stopping soon to meet up with my teammate.”

“Oh!”

“Just hold on, I can sense that he isn't very far.”

In response Kaya tightened her grip and stared ahead anxiously. Suddenly Kaya grasped at Itachi's cloak, they were falling straight out of the trees. She closed her eyes and waited to hit the ground but instead she just felt a jolt as Itachi landed perfectly. He loosened his arms that were holding her legs around his waist and Kaya slid down his back to touch the soft grass underfoot. Kaya stood behind Itachi for a few seconds with her eyes closed, trying to orient herself. She decided to stay behind Itachi after hearing the voice that boomed at them.

“Hello Itachi-san! Where's the onnanoko? Or did a little girl prove too much for you!”

“No, Kisame-san, she is right here standing behind me.”

“Come out, come out, shojo!”

Kaya's interest was peaked and she realized that she was acting cowardly so she boldly walked from behind Itachi. Before her was one of the tallest men she had ever seen! His appearance uncannily resembled that of a shark, even down to the bluish cast of his skin. His formidable image was only added upon when Kaya noticed the huge wrapped sword strapped to his back. Kisame laughed at her bulging eyes.

“Itachi-san, what a ragamuffin! She's still in her pajamas, what a shameless onnanoko! And look at that hair, as red and mangy as a fox's! Look at those eyes too, she's like a little witch! What would Pain-sama want with a child like this?”

A deep red blush spread across Kaya's face and she looked down, focusing on her feet which were shoeless and black with dirt.

“Kisame, you have a talent for underestimating. Kaya did not have the opportunity to change before we left, and we both haven't eaten in two days. So, we're going to stop by the nearby village to rest, eat, and get the necessary things for Kaya.”

“Make sure you get her a brush.”

“Kisame, your ridicule is unnecessary. Come, Kaya.”

He waved his hand and Kaya fell in step behind the tall shark-man and Itachi.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The small houses and buildings were so packed that they seemed to be huddling. The village reminded Kaya of her own, the people deliberately avoided the odd group, turning their faces. A looming shark-like giant, an intense young man, and a raggedy girl were not the usual visitors to the village. Eyes trailed after them, following them until they reached the small inn and skulked inside.

Sitting at the desk was a young concierge with bored, gray eyes and long brown hair. She looked up expectantly when she heard them enter and a look of mystification passed over her features.

“We need a room for the night.”

Itachi pulled out two bills from his cloak and set them on the desk in front of the young woman. The concierge stared at Itachi for a second before answering, looking over at Kisame and quickly moving her gaze to Kaya.

“Ummm... yes, sir. Please follow me.”

She nervously led them down a long hall and slid open a paper door to reveal a large, unfurnished room.

“The bedrolls are in the closet, is there anything else that you need?”

“Yes, take the girl, help her clean up and find her something to wear. We would also like to have some supper prepared.”

Itachi handed the concierge a few more bills, she bowed and beckoned Kaya to follow her. Kaya blushed again, remembering that she was wearing a thin white shirt and pants. Kaya turned her head back towards Itachi, he nodded in dismissal.

Kaya followed the concierge down an adjoining hall.

What a sad looking girl. She seems to need some attention. Those men she's with are probably dismal.

“What's your name?”

“Kaya.”

“Ahh... Kaya-chan, my name is Aki.”

Aki stopped ahead of Kaya, turned and took her hand with a smile. Kaya beamed at her, confused and elated to be treated with such kindness from a stranger. That thought made Kaya recognize that everyone was a stranger to her, her chest began to heave and the tears started to come. She was beginning to hate that she cried all the time.

“Kaya-chan, are you OK?”

“Yes, Aki-san.”

Aki stopped and looked at her face with a look of concern that Kaya had honestly never seen before. Aki then indicated the door that they were standing in front of.

“This is the washroom, inside there's a bath. Are you sure you're OK? Would you like me to help you?”

Kaya nodded, Aki opened the door and guided Kaya inside.

“I'm going to run the bath, and then have the cook start preparing dinner, I will be back soon to help you with your hair and clothes.”

Kaya smiled at Aki as she left. After a few seconds Aki poked her head in the door again.

“What is your favorite thing to eat, Kaya-chan?”

“There was a lady in my village who cooked Kare Raisu for me once, it was very good.”

“I'll have the cook make that for dinner.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kaya had been done with her bath for a few minutes when she heard Aki knock on the door.

“Are you done, Kaya-chan?”

With Kaya's affirmative answer Aki opened the door, clothes draped over her arm. Aki giggled at Kaya's dripping hair.

“Get out of that towel and into these clothes, shojo. Then we will work on that hair of yours.”

Kaya pulled the long black tunic with a white braid pattern embroidered around the edges over her head and then stepped into the knee length white shorts. It fit perfectly, Kaya looked at herself in the mirror and grinned, she had never worn pretty clothes like this.

“This was one of my old outfits from a few years ago, I knew it would fit you. Here, I have something else that you'll like.”

Aki held out a long scarlet sash with the characters for heiwa sewn on each end. She stood behind Kaya and tied the sash tightly around her waist.

“Now, let me see your snarly hair.”

Aki pulled a comb from her pocket and started to run it through Kaya's rusty tresses. The comb's teeth separated the wet strands, and after fifteen minutes of struggle Aki finally freed Kaya's hair of knots. Aki then started to braid Kaya's hair. When Aki was done Kaya looked in the mirror once again, her long red hair was in two braids framing each side of her face, reaching to the inside of her elbows. Aki placed the comb in her hand and told her to keep it.

“Kaya-chan, you really have wonderful hair, I have never seen a red like this. And you look so pretty when you're all cleaned up, your fair skin glows when you smile. Has anyone every told you this?”

“No, this is the first time I've been told that.”

This answer surprised Aki, the girl was truly striking.

“Not even your mother or father said anything?”

Aki's question was answered when Kaya hesitated, trying to think of how to explain that she had been alone most of her life. Aki changed the subject, her voice filled with understanding.

“I'll take you to the dining room, the dinner will be ready by now.”

Kaya wished that Aki could eat with her because she was feeling anxious. She was no longer afraid of Itachi, but he was quiet, and Kisame was unkind. She knew that it would be strange to ask Aki to eat with them, instead she thanked Aki sincerely and reached a shaky hand out to open the door.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kaya entered the room where Kisame and Itachi were already eating. She stood awkwardly for few seconds before they both turned their attention towards her. Only Itachi spoke.

“Sit down and eat, Kaya.”

She advanced towards the dinner table and sat down on the same side as Itachi at the very edge of the opposite corner, farthest away from Kisame.

Kisame carried on the dinner conversation single-handedly, chattering on about swords and shinobis. He made no more comments on Kaya's appearance, he hardly acknowledge her presence. In her eyes, this was improvement.