TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Reality's Illusion by Ardisaur_rawr

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Second chapter.... Reviews will be greatly appreciated!!!
WHY SCARE THEM WITH THE SPECTER OF DEATH?


Kaya dragged her feet against the gravel of the path to her little house, the shadows of the other houses stretched out against her back in the fading sunlight. With a huff she let herself into her house and set her bag of groceries on the cracked wooden table near her bed. Looking at the small bag of food, Kaya set out a chipped plate and sat cross-legged next to the table. She tore a piece of bread from the loaf and set an apple on her plate. Tears pricked at her eyes while she chewed the coarse, plain bread. Her eyes swept across the one room hut and she ate quickly so that she could be in bed before the darkness came.

She hurriedly cleaned up her boring meal and swiftly changed into her bedclothes, which were starting to rest above her ankles. Kaya lit a candle and stared at herself in the ancient mirror above her sink. Why am I so different? Her thirteen year old brain was racing. They never talk to me, they never visit me. They look away when I look into their eyes. I look normal, I'm sure I feel like they do. The shadows quivered behind her with the flame's erratic burn. Green eyes stared back at her underneath hair as red as the flush across her face. It only happened once. He was going to hurt me, they were too afraid to stop him. He grabbed my arm and twisted it, but I could see his mind right then. His memories floated through me like I was his mind. They were bad memories. I got angry and started thinking of mean things to hurt him, he started to scream. They say he went to the hospital for a long time... He was a bad man, I am not bad. Am I? They don't talk to me anymore. I hear them say that only a demon could defeat a shinobi like that.

Outside she heard the faint noise of a breeze and her mind was distracted by a shadow in the eerie glow of the moon shining through the window next to her mirror. Something rustled outside and she heard a stone rattle down the slope against her hut, in a panic she blew out her candle and ran to her bed. Burrowing under the cover of her blanket she shivered and tried to relax. Strange noises like that were a nightly occurrence on the outskirts of the village. Her gaze moved to the moon again, it was pocked, scared, and lonely; there were no stars near it that night. There was another sound and Kaya stiffened, her door creaked open. She sat up in her bed and muffled a desperate scream with her hand. Inside the doorway was most definitely an evil spirit. All she could see was a tall outline of a figure with crimson eyes.

“Please, I am good! That man was bad, he was going to kill me!”

She had barely bawled these pathetic words when hundreds of crows started to flap around in her vision until she could no longer see the dark specter and her sense slipped away from her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Itachi wondered at the strange thing the girl had shouted at him before she went completely lax. What was this girl thinking? Acting quickly he grasped her cold wrist and shrugged her limp body onto his back. Itachi jumped through the window, when his feet impacted the ground the girl's head rolled and her chin rested on his shoulder. Her breathing was light and shallow, she would be out for hours. Hoping to get far away before he needed to rest, Itachi sped up and leapt into the trees.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He heard a small gasp, Itachi turned his head to find that the girl's jade eyes had opened.

This girl is strong, not many full-fledged shinobi can recover from that jutsu in less than a day, she woke up within two hours.

“Who ARE you? Where am I? Why are we in the TREES?!”

“.......”

“You must be taking me to hell.”

“No.”

“Then who are you, spirit?”

“I am no spirit.”

“You won't answer my questions?”

“Now is not the time.”

Her anger and fear overwhelmed her and she clenched his upper arm to do to him what she had done to that man. Before she could muster the energy her mind was flooded with the familiar crows...
Chapter end notes: Sorry, my writing style is kind of weird, but please bear with me if you're reading this!!! hahaha