TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Crisis in Konohagakure by daimenj

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: In this universe Sasuke has not had his epic battle with Itachi yet.
Sakura, Lee, Shikamaru, Neiji, Hinata, Kiba and Naruto all gathered in the field near the forest of death.

Neiji grinned as he looked up at Lee. “Hey…do you remember this place?” he asked.

Lee nodded. “I sure do. This is where I put all I had into saving the beautiful and talented Sakura.” He said.

Sakura blushed at his comment and smiled. She started to say something when Naruto frowned. “I still wish that Sasuke was here…” he said.

“Stop dwelling on the negative.” Shikamaru said with a bored gaze. “At least we’ll get new Chunin this year right? It’s been a while sense we had time to rest and watch others fight.”

“Don’t be so sure.” Kiba said. He nodded towards the group of three heading into the village.

One of them was tall and wore a ninja hood that covered all but his eyes. He looked laid back and like Kakashi he kept his hands in his pockets. The girl next to him had long green hair and she wore a standard kunoichi uniform that was a black top with black shorts. She too was laid back and calm.

“Check him out. Tell me that he isn’t Gaara all over again.” he said.

Everyone looked at the boy next to her. Naruto gasped (Wow…he looks just like the fourth Hokage…what the heck?!) he thought to himself. The younger one standing next to the girl didn’t wear a hood. His hair was spiked and black and styled just like Minato's. His band had the symbol of a skull engraved on it. He wore a body suit that was a dark shade of grey and a black vest. He didn’t wear the original ninja shoes. Instead he wore heavy black boots. He seemed to be irritated about something.

Naruto nodded. “What’s up with that guy?” he asked.

Lee shook his head. “I don’t know…but I see what Kiba means. He is definitely bad news. Maybe we should tell Hokage-sama?”

“No.” Neiji said. “There’s no need. He may be pissed…but his chakra is limited. Right now even a mishap like Naruto could take him.”

“What?!” Naruto shot before everyone started to laugh.

“Look!” Sakura said as the guy started to look at Neiji. His pupils had thinned out to the point where they were no longer visible. “What is he doing?”

"Demon technique...mind burn..." the young boy mumbled.

Neiji held his head as it started to ache intensely. “Argh…” he said frustrated. “What…is going on…”

(I’m going to kill you…) a voice said in his head. Neiji held his head with both hands. It felt like his entire body was going to explode.

“Barutobi!” the tall boy shouted. “Stop. Save any tricks for the exam.” He said.

The young boy closed his eyes and looked away. Neiji released his Byakugan and sat down on the ground.

“Are you alright?” Naruto asked.

Neiji glared at Barutobi. “What kind of…genjutsu was that?” he asked. “It seems like he can hide chakra levels from even me…that’s not something a genin should be capable of.” He said.

Shikamaru frowned. “You’re right. Perhaps we should look into this guy. After all…we’re in charge of this examination. And…Konohamaru will be entering it too. We don’t want to see déjà vu with grandfather and grandson.”

Naruto frowned and turned to Barutobi. He stepped in front of them forcing them to stop. “What’s your problem?” he asked.

Barutobi made a fist. “Get out of my way.” He said.

“Not until I figure out your business here.” Naruto said.

The taller ninja stepped in between them and smiled. “I think it’s best not to upset him.” He said. “I’m Daimen. This is Kiri. She’s my younger sister.”

“Hi.” Kiri said with a smile.

“Uh…I’m Sakura. This loud mouth here is Naruto. I guess you’re here for the Chunin exams?”

“That’s right.” Daimen said. “We’re just here for the exams. We’re here from the village hidden in the valley. “

“You mean Akuma village…” Kiba said as he came over. “That’s the only village I know of with a skull on their forehead protector. But I’ve only heard stories about them. You’re the first I’ve ever seen.”

“We don’t like to use that name.” Kiri said.

Sakura frowned. She could tell that Kiri was forcing a smile and she didn’t feel comfortable with Barutobi’s evil stare either. “I see…”

Everyone gasped as Barutobi knocked Naruto to the ground. “I said move…” he said in a low voice as he started to walk away.

Daimen laughed. “Excuse us.” He said as he went after him.

Kiri laughed. “Maybe next time you should get out of his way.” She said as she ran after them.

Naruto got up and brushed off his cloths. “That guy…who does he think he is?”

“What are you an idiot?” Neiji shot as he stood up.

Naruto looked at him confused. “What are you talking about?”

“You didn’t see what he just did? Obviously he’s not someone you confront like that. Are you really a shinobi?” Neiji shot.

“Hey everyone calm down.” Shikamaru said. “Listen…I’m going to go research this guy. You guys go and tell Tsunade-sama about this. You guys be careful.”

“You too…” Naruto said.

Sasuke grinned and looked around. His sharingan showed him everything in the forest. There was no sign of Itachi.

“Humph…you decided to run after all huh?” he asked.

He gasped as Itachi appeared behind him and kicked him hard. He flew through two trees and landed hard on his side. He coughed up blood and frowned. Itachi appeared in front of him and laughed.

“You almost had me.” He said. “Sorry…looks like it isn’t my time to go yet.”

Sasuke tried his hardest to get up but he couldn’t move. “So…this is it…” he said.

“…you are still no match for me. Even after all that training. Exactly what did you do with Orochimaru? Apparently you didn’t train or you would’ve put up more a fight…” Itachi said.

“Gr…kill me now!” Sasuke shot.

Itachi laughed. “I thought that was your intention for me.” He said. “Listen…there’s something you forgot. Maybe I should remind you.” He said as he pointed to his forehead. “I have the same eyes that you do. So there’s no way that you are going to beat me with just your sharingan alone. So unless you get power from someone or somewhere else that can defeat the sharingan, you will never beat me.”

“Then…you might as well kill me here.” Sasuke said.

“Humph…I guess just like a little baby I’ll have to help you out a bit. If you want the power needed to defeat me. Seek him out.”

Sasuke looked up confused. “Seek him out?” he asked confused. “What are you talking about?”

“You’ll have to figure that out. I’ll tell you where to look….” He said with a long pause.

Sasuke frowned. “Well…what are you waiting for? Are you going to kill me or not?” he asked.

Itachi laughed. “Seek out the one who bares the demon king’s eyes. The last I heard…he was in the village hidden in the valley. No one knows where that place is except for me and the people that are responsible for their existence. That’s right…your old village. You can find out the information there.” He said.

“If you don’t kill me now…I will go and get the power I need to kill you.” Sasuke said.

Itachi grinned. “Funny. I remember hearing that before.” He said as he vanished.

Sasuke looked up with this Sharingan and noticed several ninjas heading in his direction. (Here goes nothing…) he thought.
Kakashi arrived along with several other anbu black ops.

One of them checked Sasuke. “He’s still alive.” He said.

Kakashi nodded. “Well…it looks like Itachi got the best of him even now. Let’s get him back. Don’t move the kunai out of his side. If we do, there’s a chance that he could bleed out before we get there. At least Naruto and the others will be happy that we found him.”

Daimen glared at Barutobi as he walked into their hotel room. The act earlier was uncalled for in his mind. He folded his arms. “Look…if you get too upset you will ruin everything. Understand?” he asked.

Barutobi sighed. “I think this is all boring.” He said. “I’d rather do more S-ranked missions.”

Kiri put a hand to her mouth. “We shouldn’t talk about that.” She said. “We’re Genin after all.”

“Right…” Barutobi said.

“Not to mention. You are never to use your special technique. The exam should be a piece of cake.” Daimen said.

Kiri smiled. “It’s a shame. This is a nice village.” She said.

“Yeah…” Daimen said. “Our village was nice too…”

Barutobi looked away. “Don’t…talk about our village. What it is now is nothing compared to what it was. All thanks to this place…it will only piss me off. I’m on ends just by sitting here.”

“I don’t know.” Kiri said. “I think that one girl caught your attention. What was her name? Hyuga Hinata?”

“Bah…” Barutobi said. “She is way too shy for me.”

Daimen laughed. “I don’t know little brother. One of these days the time will come.”

“I’d rather kill her.” Barutobi said as he made a fist.
“Don’t be too rash. We don’t want to cause any trouble…yet…” Daimen said before he vanished.

Barutobi frowned and vanished as well. Kiri shook her head. “Always left alone.” She said to herself. “Guess I best see the town now.” She said before she vanished.

Tsunade bit her bottom lip. “Are you serious? Are they really from the village hidden in the valley? From Akuma village?”

Shikamaru nodded. “Yeah. He almost caused Neiji’s head to explode. I have no idea what he did but it was powerful. It was similar to the Sharingan.”

“I know what it does.” She said. “It’s like an anti for the Sharingan and the byakugan.”

“What?!” Shikamaru said. “But…how…”

“It has some sort of stronger effect on them than regular eyes. Don’t worry about that right now. We just got word that a friend of ours has decided to show up again.” she said. “Come on. Let’s go and see him.”

“Huh?” he said confused. “What do you mean? Who is it?”

“Come with me. You’ll see when we get there.” She said as she started to leave.
He frowned and went after her.

They reached the hospital and saw several people there. Sakura was rushing towards the stairway. Behind her was Ino.

Lee stopped and looked at them. “Hey Shikamaru. Sasuke’s back. Did you hear?”

Shikamaru frowned. “Really? He’s back? So he decided to drop in now huh?” he asked.

“Yeah…Kakashi and some anbu black ops found him in the woods after his fight with who we think was Itachi. I figured you’d be relieved.” Tsunade said.

Shikamaru shrugged. “I never really hung out with the guy.” He said. “I think I’ll go see if Neiji has recovered yet. After all, we both have to do the first part of the exam right?” he asked.

Tsunade watched him go down the hallway. (Why is there such a distance between him and Sasuke?) she thought.

(Why has he all of a sudden decided to come back? Kakashi and the others spent so long trying to catch him and he’s even managed to avoid them. No…something tells me that he wanted to be found. But…for what reason…) Shikamaru thought.

Tsunade stopped as Shizune signaled her over to the end of the hall. Kakashi and Gai both followed them over. “What is it?” she asked.

Shizune looked away. “There’s something wrong…” she thought.

“What is it?” Tsunade asked.

“Well…it’s Sasuke’s wounds…more like one in particular.” She said.

“One in particular? Which one?” Tsunade asked.

“That one to his right rib correct?” Kakashi asked.

“What?” Gai asked confused.

“What are you talking about?” Tsunade asked.

“Well…it seems that that wound was self inflicted.” Shizune said.

“What? Are you serious?” Tsunade said. “But why? What would make him do that?”
“It seems as if there’s something here that he wants.” Kakashi said.

“So…that might explain Shikamaru’s behavior.” Tsunade said.

“What do you mean?” Kakashi said.

“Well…” Gai said as he turned around. “It looks like he and Neiji are the only two that aren’t here. And we know why Neiji isn’t here.”

“I see what you mean.” Kakashi said. “Perhaps we should go and see what he has to say?”

Tsunade shook her head. “No. You go and see Sasuke. If he notices that you two are out of the room for long he’ll think something has come up. I’ll go see what I can find out.” She said as she started to leave.
“Shizune come with me.” She said.

Neiji looked up and sighed. His head had finally stopped hurting.“Well…why aren’t you up on the second floor?” he asked.

Shikamaru shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess I’m not big on welcome parties. How do you feel?”

“Like I was just set on fire from the inside. Did you figure out who that guy was?” Neiji asked.

“He really is a genin of the Akuma village.” He said.

“By that look on your face, I can tell that there’s more to it than that.” Neiji said.

“Yeah…but I wish it were more than a hunch.” He said. “What do you think of our friend finally returning?”

Neiji shrugged. “Isn’t it obvious? He’s here for something. He’s been hiding and avoiding even the Anbu black ops for several years now. And all of a sudden they just find him beaten? After a battle with Itachi…someone not only that he knows more than anyone else here but someone that is equal to him in power and skill. Itachi wouldn’t have beaten him that easily and wouldn’t have left him alive.”

Shikamaru grinned. “You never know. But you’re smarter than I thought. That’s not all that bothers me. You think you can come to Tsunade-sama’s courters?”

“Ofcourse.” Neiji said as he stood up. “I’m ok now. What is it?”

“Follow me.” He said as he left the room.

They both were stopped by Tsunade and Shizune out in the hall. Tsunade folded her arms. “We need to talk.” She said.

“Agreed.” Shikamaru said.

Tsunade sat down behind her desk and closed a folder. She knew that the news she was about to hear wasn’t going to be very good news but she was prepared. Or at least she thought she was prepared. Shikamaru folded his arms and frowned.

“Well…” she said. “I know that you have something to tell me about Sasuke. I could sense it when you didn’t’ want to go see him.”

He nodded. “Well…about that. Sasuke has avoided the black ops and even Kakashi. Ever sense we drove back Pain and the Akatsuki he’s been after Itachi. I don’t think that after one battle, with both of them possessing the highest level of sharingan, that he would lose this badly.”

“What exactly are you saying?” she asked.

“I think that he lost. But it wasn’t as bad as the damage shows. Perhaps he’s hurt himself in order to find an easy way into the village. If he would’ve come in with little injuries then he would’ve been brought straight to the interrogation unit correct?” he said.

Tsunade nodded. “True…so you think he hurt himself to have safe passage into the village?” she asked.

“Yeah…” he said as he lowered his head. “Although…I can’t quite figure out what he’s after here. But I have a hunch…”

“Oh? What is that?” Tsunade asked.

“I’ve already told you about the three from Akuma village. Well…there’s one in particular that is stronger than the others but you wouldn’t be able to tell just by looking…” he said.

“You’re talking about that little kid that attacked me?” Neiji asked.

“Yeah…I think he’s a lot stronger than he’s letting on. And I think I have a feeling when he’s going to let it show.” Shikamaru said as he watched people down below from the window.

“The chunin exams!” Shizune shot.

Neiji frowned. “Are you serious? They should know that we’d be prepared for an assault after what happened last time.”

“The question is…Who are they?” Shikamaru said with a frown. “It can’t possibly be the sand village again. At least I hope not. And no one has really seen the Akuma village right? So we can’t rule them out but we can’t say they’re the main suspects. Nothing’s really happened with the Sound or Wind villages. So only one other option is available.”

Neiji lowered his head. “I see…”

“You see what exactly?” Shizune asked.

Tsunade sighed and lowered her head. “Someone from within the Leaf…regardless…the exams have to start soon. You two should be prepared. And don’t tell anyone about Sasuke.”

“Right…” they both said.