TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Ninja Hanashi by Nisinator

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This section is covered in the summary.
Chapter notes: To summerise the first chapter, we are introduced to the main characters Akai Ningen, Gedatsu Itamae and Jusaka Umikaze on a mission to apprehend a skilled and stealthy Jounin ninja.

In typical Naruto style there is strategy, humorous and fast paced action to be enjoyed (but of course Kishimoto does it much better than I do =P)
Chapter 1
Mission Complete

‘Squad Leader Gedatsu in position!’

‘First Apprentice Jusaka in position!’

‘Akai in position!’

The forest was quiet, perhaps too quiet. The rustling of leaves muted by the nesting of animals and not a single footstep to be heard, the target was getting closer but was still too far to make any sudden movements.

‘Any visuals?’ A fairly low male voice exerted from an electronic radio. Two seconds had passed and three lines darted across the shady woodland into new positions.

‘Not from me Gedatsu,’ another male voice, slightly higher pitched spoke.

‘Hey I think I’ve got something!’ The third and highest pitched of the voices spoke.

‘Come on Akai, no kidding around.’ The middle pitched voice spoke.

‘No Jusaka, I’m serious, I’ve got him. I’m moving in on the target. In fact I probably won’t need a single jutsu to apprehend this guy.’

‘Watch what you do Akai!’ The lowest pitched voice demanded but before the highest pitched person took any notice he had already leaped out of the tree heading diagonally down to take down the target.

‘HAAAAAA!’ The highest pitched voice belonged to a fourteen year old boy called Akai Ningen, his eyes were black and he had fairly short brown hair which was spiked in random directions of which some of the strands came down over his blue headband which had a metal plate with a teardrop symbol in the middle of it.

Akai always wore his favourite gear for missions, his red T-shirt with his grey three quarter lengths and white outdoor shoes. Akai withdrew a kunai from his black sachet on his left leg and began to draw very close to the mark.

‘What the hell is he up to!?’ The middle pitched voice spoke.

‘What the!?’ The target turned his head; he was a boy only three years older than Akai wearing all army camouflage style clothing including a black helmet. He had long black curly hair which was pushed down by the helmet.

He looked at Akai approaching from behind as if he completely didn’t expect the ambush. As Akai made contact with the seventeen year old the expression still remained on his face.

‘GOTCHA!’ Akai shouted as he was now on top of the older teenage sliding a couple of metres in doing so. ‘I conclude this mission as a success.’

All of a sudden the target was shrouded in a white smoke at the same time as making a puff sound. The smoke cleared in a matter of seconds and a log of wood had seemed to replace him. At this a shock of realisation came into Akai’s eyes. ‘No way!’

‘Akai behind you!’ The middle pitched voice spoke.

‘Huh!’ Akai managed to turn his head quickly enough to see the six foot tall seventeen year old throw a round metal ball, make a hand sign sequence and shout ‘Release!’ making the ball change into a net.

Akai didn’t have enough time to evade the attack and the momentum of the web-like net due to the metal ball bearings dispersed around the nets tangents and it was more than enough to pick Akai Ningen off his feet and entrap him around the moist muddy terrain.

‘You shouldn’t be foolish, you’d be wise to study your opponent’s movements more carefully so you can predict what they’re going to do next!’ The older boy turned around and proceeded to escape from the naïve ninja who was now lying on the ground trying to pull the heavy ball bearings out of the mushy ground.

‘You really need to learn how to think before you act Akai.’ Two figures whisked from out of the forest and onto the ground in front of the entrapped ninja. Lying on his side Akai could only see the net for him trying to cut himself out.

‘Well sorry for trying!’ Akai replied sarcastically as he remembered he still had the kunai in his right hand and sliced as many of the connecting links in the net as possible. Stepping out of the net he spoke again, ‘this guys a Jounin level ninja, how was I supposed to see through his deception!?'

‘The substitution jutsu is one of the first techniques they teach you in the academy, sheesh you sure are stupid.’ The middle pitched voice fourteen year old identified as Jusaka Umikaze spoke.

Like Akai, Jusaka too had a band around his head with a teardrop central to a metal plate. He was wearing a green, tight fit cotton jacket with a black vest top underneath and black trousers with silver stripes around the right knee, his shoes were also white. He had short blonde spiky hair and blue eyes which currently seemed angry with Akai’s failed attempt to capture their target.

‘Don’t worry about it; I’ll catch him next time!’ Akai responded.

‘That’s what you said last time.’ The third ninja spoke.

‘Except last time you only had to apprehend a cat!’ Jusaka added. The third ninja was named Gedatsu Itamae, the leader of Squad 11, he was the tallest and most skilled ninja of the three hence his appointed position, but he was also able to think calmly when in sticky situations. He had brown hair which was straight but fluffy. He wore a camouflage jacket and black combat trousers and black shoes. His headband was identical to the other two’s and would be visible if his fringe wasn’t covering it. Gedatsu’s eyes were blue but not quite as bright as Jusaka’s.

‘GRRR!’ Akai was starting to get temperamental as his team members were picking on him.

‘Ok guys.’ Gedatsu spoke. ‘We don’t really have time to be wasting here, Yogensha obviously stood in this open space as a trap so for all we know he could be finishing off another one, so we’ve got to move out quickly but quietly if we want any hope of finishing so we can get back to training.’

‘Hmmn. You make training sound like a good thing!’ Akai cheekily added.

‘Well you fail out then!’ Jusaka snarled as he disappeared via the substitution jutsu ability letting him replace his body with a log of wood fifty metres away.

‘By the way Akai.’ Jusaka started. ‘What exactly were you thinking when you got the kunai out?’

‘I was thinking that I’d be quick enough to catch him before he could try anything sneaky.’ Akai rubbed his head as he realised the thump when he hit the ground.

‘Don’t you remember your training!?’ Josh raised his voice slightly. ‘Yogensha is a Jounin and is very stealthy, you left yourself open for too long and he was able to come up with an instant counter, if we’re going to stand a chance catching him we have to do it as a team and we have to do it very quickly.’

‘ARGH, whatever.’ Akai complained but conformed. ‘Let’s just get this mission over with already.’ Akai, Gedatsu and Jusaka were all a Genin squad and it was their mission to capture Yogensha Onkei before he could make it from one side of the forest to the other.

‘Now where did that guy go?’ Jusaka had replaced himself with some wood near the top of a tree using his substitution jutsu; this had given him a good vantage point to see if he could spot his target anywhere.

Scanning the area he noticed a few trees vibrate in a straight direction and in another section of the forest he saw clumsy rustling heading away from it, Jusaka deduced that Yogensha was fleeing from his two comrades on the scene and he reached for his hand radio. ‘Gedatsu I have a visual.’

‘What’s the position?’ The squad leader replied still moving so that Jusaka could estimate the distance.

‘Four-hundred metres, about thirty-five degrees to your left, you should be able to find him soon if you get a move on, we’ve been chasing him for a while and he’s showing signs of fatigue he’s rustling like crazy up there!’

‘Got it!’ Gedatsu verified putting his radio down, he turned to run in that direction but at the same time looked in the opposite direction. ‘Akai, I may need the assistance of one of your jutsus.’

‘Huh!?’ Akai replied confused.

Jusaka was constantly using his substitution jutsu to get to lower levels of the trees where appropriate, he had to be careful though, using too many of them could cause Jusaka to run out of chakra and he couldn’t let that happen. Noticing the rustling of where the boy was had come to a standstill, the first apprentice of squad 11 stopped substituting and closed in.

Jumping down the trees at great speed Jusaka finally approached the area he desired to find not one, but two boys in the vicinity.

‘Gedatsu, Akai, what the hell are you two doing here?’ The two boys looked up the tree to see their comrade looking at them surprised.

‘Stopped to take a quick breather and get our bearings right.’ Gedatsu explained. ‘Akai thought he broke his compass as well so he wanted to check it was working.’

‘He-he.’ Akai waved apologetically at Jusaka who sighed before jumping down and landing in the middle of the two boys.

‘But wait a minute!’ Jusaka realised. ‘If you guys were the ones that stopped, that means it was Yogensha who was chasing you guys!’

‘That’s right!’ The seventeen year old Jounin appeared before them at the same time as getting his net jutsu ready and threw the same type of metal ball he threw at Akai earlier. Gedatsu spoke as the net that emerged from the ball headed towards them on Yogensha’s command.

‘Don’t worry lads, if we all stand together the net won’t be big enough to cover us.’

‘Ha!’ Yogensha laughed as he made a quick hand sign sequence and then pushed his arms right in front of him, ‘give me some credit, NET EXPANSION JUTSU!’ and at this the net expanded to over twice its size and entrapped all three of the boys.

‘Always think three steps ahead of your opponent, the expansion jutsu never fails when in the right hands!’ The seventeen old boy stood cool as he back flipped into the trees.

‘GAR!’ Jusaka started complaining. ‘Good one Gedatsu, now we’re all stuck!’

‘Hehe, not quite all of us!’ Gedatsu called as Jusaka looked confused. All of a sudden Akai started to degrade and turn into water making a puddle.

‘A water clone!’ Jusaka grinned.

The real Akai dropped out from a tree far ahead of Gedatsu and Jusaka, turning his head he noticed the Jounin target Yogensha Onkei running blindly ahead of himself trying to get as far from the ninjas as possible before they could escape and track him. Meanwhile Akai drew a kunai and prepared himself.

“Ok Akai, easy does it.” The fourteen year old Genin assured himself and aimed for his desired spot for the kunai to hit, “gotta time it just right,” he thought to himself as the Jounin was almost in the line of fire, “ok,” Akai was so deep in concentration that he failed to notice himself start to sweat, “NOW!” Akai thought loudly.

The kunai he threw soared like a lightning bolt at such speed that as soon as Yogensha realised he was being targeted it was already to late, the small knife-like weapon had shot straight through the right shoulder pad on his jacket carrying himself with it and being pinned deep into a tree trunk. He tried to pull the kunai out but he was pinned tight.

‘Hmmn, looks like I have no choice.’ Yogensha made a hand sign.

‘Don’t even think about it.’

‘Huh!’ The Jounin ninja looked up to see Jusaka stood above him with his legs split onto two branches, arms folded. Looking for a way forwards Yogensha noticed Akai approaching from in front and Gedatsu was already besides him with a kunai to his throat just in case he tried anything. ‘Ok fine, you win.’

‘Good, ok guys that’s a wrap.’ Jusaka shouted as Akai had caught up to everyone.

‘Yep, well done guys, mission complete.’ Yogensha smiled as Gedatsu pulled the kunai out with both hands so that Yogensha could land on the ground. ‘And in record time, I’m impressed.’
Chapter end notes: I will post a new chapter every week to give me time to rewrite the many chapters I already have so that they they'll be better for you guys to hopefully enjoy =P

Please post any comments you have or suggestions so that I can improve my storyline, writing style, character descriptions etc.