TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Duchess Raiu by Seven Invisible Wounds

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hey everyone! Hope you made it this far! If so, then great and I hope you review!!! This chapter is pretty short again, sorry, but figure short chappies are better than none! Anyways, enjoy!
Sasuke had never felt this way before… so weightless… as if he were floating on the air. His veins were humming with energy, and he was saturated with happiness, for Naruto glided through the air alongside him. There was no space around them, just a stretch of white in every direction – no beginning, no end.

“Naru,” Sasuke crooned lovingly, reaching out a hand to caress his face, but could never seem to drift close enough to do so.

“S’uke,” Naruto purred back, a soft smile gracing his features. “I have to go now, I’m sorry.” The words reminded him of right before the accident, and it threw Sasuke into a wave of desperate fear. He clawed at the soft nothingness, but got nowhere.

“Naruto!” he called, fighting down tears. “Don’t leave me again!”

Naruto smiled happily, “I’m not, S’uke! I’m coming *back.*” His smile drooped suddenly and his eyes became stern, “Now Sasuke, you have to be kind. Remember that! It’s not their fault they’re not you, okay?” The words, echoed from the church, startled Sasuke enough to cease his wild thrashings.

However, his panic was renewed; Naruto was fading – literally. He was slowly becoming invisible and Sasuke was desperate to touch him, speak to him, anything, but he was completely frozen.

Naruto lit up with a large grin as he waved good-bye. “I love you, S’uke! For forever!”

And then Sasuke was alone. The white which had seemed so lovely before, became a cage. Its nothingness pressed down on him, sticking to him like saran wrap. Breathing heavy, he closed his eyes, fighting against the fear and vast cold that had consumed his body the moment Naruto left him.

~~~

The first thing he noticed was the darkness, then the pain. He ached all over – in body and soul.

Then the sounds: a bird’s cry. No, a *hundred* birds all crying the same obnoxious, shrill scream. The air smelled wonderful and pure, filling Sasuke’s lungs with life. His lips were dry and cracked, and bled a little when he opened his mouth. His tongue darted out to soothe the pain and tasted a coating of salt on his mouth. He was lying, curled up on his side like a hurt child, against something hard but warm, and it carried the echo of movement around him. It smelled like wood; a board then. He was lying on a board.

He noticed all this, still oblivious to why it was so dark. Then, in a flash of understanding, he realized he had yet to open his eyes. It was difficult, for a similar coating of salt from his lips had glued his eyes shut. After much rapid blinking, he ripped his eyelids apart, losing a few lashes in the process.

The first thing he saw was wooden planks, confirming his earlier suspicions. He was sleeping on some wooden structure, out in the open, where the planks were warmed by the blazing sun. He took a moment to study the light and dark brown grains of the wood before moving his head slowly to the left and right. All he could see was more wood.

Claustrophobia kicked in again when the words ‘wooden box’ floated across his mind. Ignoring his screaming muscles, he sat bolt upright and immediately relaxed. He wasn’t in a box; he had been lying in the middle of a pile of crates and nets, shielded from view of those who passed by.

Then he saw it. The vast sparkling water that stretched out before him as far as he could see: the ocean. It was the most magnificent shade of blue – a color that made his heart hurt. Suddenly all the sounds and smells made sense. He looked up into the equally dazzling sky, watching strange orange and pink birds fly in lazy circles overhead.

They were beautiful, but their voices were not. Sasuke had always hated a sea gull’s cry, even if they *did* look exotic. Sasuke lay back down, on his back this time, looking up at the sky and birds.

Where am I? he wondered. And how did I get here?

He peeked over the edge of a crate, examining the wharves that surrounded him, and the dock he lay on. The ships lined along its edges varied in sizes and colors, but all were marvelous. Bright yellow and red sails with tiny bells attached to ropes and lines and intricate carvings in the wood. It looked like an expensive gypsy caravan on water.

Sasuke lay down again, taking deep soothing breaths as his situation came crashing down on him.

Clearly, he thought with suppressed panic, I am not in my hometown. I doubt I’m even on Earth anymore. The sci-fi realization made his strictly realistic mind crumble. The Uchiha mask fell away completely, and Sasuke had never felt more alone or exposed.

He held himself tightly, squeezing his eyes shut, wishing for home and his dobe.

And then he heard it.

Somewhere nearby somebody was whistling a tune. Sasuke recognized it immediately, but with another wave of shock and disbelief. Naruto, whenever he felt lonely or unsure had quietly hummed that song. It had been Sasuke’s cue to come and help and comfort him.

Naruto, when Sasuke finally asked him, told Sasuke it was the only memory of his mother he had, being sung that song while she held him in her warm arms. When Naruto had taught him the words, it had sealed their relationship in stone.

Sasuke crept to the edge of the crate again, looking wide-eyed for the source of the song.

There!

Walking away was a tall, tan man with a light spring in his step. He flipped a strand of unruly blonde hair out of his eyes, turning just enough that Sasuke could see his profile.

Without a moment’s hesitation Sasuke sprung up, leapt over the crates and raced after Naruto.