TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


You Give Me Butterflies by roseofallrosesx

[Reviews - 7]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This chapter is a Naruto x OC oneshot, requested by bre2k8. I hope you like it!
The next chapter will be a ShikaIno oneshot, but feel free to suggest the chapter after that! I love having a lot to write, it keeps me from boredom when I'm sitting in class.
Without further ado, your story!
Today really did seem like it was going to suck. It was Valentine's Day- yet Naruto had no one. Hinata and Kiba were out on a date, and then there was Sakura, out with stupid Sasuke. He wouldn't even think about asking Ino to go with him, and Tenten...well...the last thing he heard, she was dating Lee. He had a few comments on that...but it was her own choice.
He was lonely, which he usually wasn't anymore. There was usually SOMEONE to hang out with.
A small sigh came from his lips as he leaned against a tree, his arms crossed behind his head, and glanced around him; eyes as blue as the sky today looking for someone, ANYONE to spend his Valentine's Day with. It was then that he spotted a girl- and a pretty girl, at that. Maybe he could hang out with her all day! Hey, it was better then being lonely, right?
"HEY! YOU OVER THERE!"
The girl turned, blinking at him curiously.
"What do you want?" she asked. Naruto leaned up from the tree and made his way over so that he was closer to her.
"Hi! I'm Naruto Uzumaki!" he said, beaming. He figured that leaving out the part of 'I'm going to be the next Hokage!' would be best for now.
"My name is Kina," she replied with a gentle smile.
And...Naruto was lost for words. He opened his mouth to say something, and nothing came out. Kina raised an eyebrow at him.
"Did you come all the way over here just to gawk at me, or what?" she asked.
"Ah...no..." Naruto mumbled in reply.
"Well, what is it then?"
"I was wondering..."
"Are you asking me out on a date already?!"
"NO! NO! NO!"
"Well what do you want, then?! Oh, lemme guess. Your girlfriend dumped you and went off with a hotter guy?" Kina asked, jumping to conclusions.
"Close!"
"She wasn't your girlfriend?"
"Sadly."
"And you're here talking to me because you're lonely!"
"Exactly!"
"Lucky me..." she mumbled to herself. She sighed, placing a hand on her hip. "Listen. I'll do ya a favor, and hang out with you. But only for today, I'm feeling generous."
"How come I haven't seen you before?" asked Naruto.
"I'm new."
"Ooh! WELL LUCKY YOU, BECAUSE YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE NEXT HOKAGE!" he declared.
Kina blinked, trying not to burst out laughing. This little punk as Hokage? Paha, the chance of that was about the same as /her/ joining the Akatsuki.
"Uh huh...." she said. "So where are we going?"
"Well..." he reached into his pocket and fished out his frog wallet, opening it up. "YES!" he cried out when he saw that he had enough money to pay for ramen for the both of them.
"What's gotten you so happy all of the sudden?" Kina questioned.
"I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR RAMEN!" he cheered.
"Works for me."

~**~

"That was some of the best ramen I've ever had," Kina sighed as she and Naruto begin to walk through the streets of Konoha after they had finished their meal.
"You're telling me?! That's the best place to eat here!" Naruto declared happily.
"So I've witnessed."
"What do you want to do now?" he asked.
"Well, look, the sun's setting," Kina pointed out.
"...and?"
"I want to watch it!"
"Uh...okay..."
After finding a tree and settling themselves in it, Kina leaned back and sighed, "It's pretty." Naruto, however, was in a totally different state of mind, his blue eyes concentrating on how the light of the sunset reflected in her eyes.
"Yeah, I know you are...I mean, um, yeah! The sunset is pretty!"
"Oh brother..." Kina murmured to herself with a roll of her eyes. "What am I going to do..."

Slowly but surely, the sky begin to grow darker, and the colors disappeared from the sky.
"I better get home," Kina said, and Naruto nodded.
"Do you need me to walk you home?" he asked.
"Nah, I'm good," she replied. "I should, y'know...thank you. I had a fun day. See you around, then?"
"Yeah, see you around."
Before she jumped down from the tree, Kina leaned in and planted a soft kiss on Naruto's cheek, making the boy's face blush a dangerous red. Her feet hit the ground, and Kina was gone. Naruto, however, grinned to himself. Oh, this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.