TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Memories by Imagining Mystic

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto. That honour belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Just a one-shot that I was itching to write.

Sasuke is OOC in the flashback sections of this story. This is because the events depicted in these scenes take place before the Uchiha Massacre.

Without further ado, enjoy!
Hyuuga Hinata stared into the eyes she knew so well, seeing only one thing. All she could see was a lonely and lost soul that was longing for another's company, for the taste of what true companionship and love could bring. His eyes were still as beautiful though; still as dark and deep as Hinata remembered them to be.

Those same eyes were observing her now, seemingly taking in every detail. His eyes never left her form as a small smirk found its way onto his face. Hinata took in a deep breath and timidly cast her gaze away from his face. He took a few steps closer towards the midnight-haired kunoichi, his footsteps barely audible. Hinata tensed up and began to twiddle her fingers.

A throaty laugh hit the air. "Even after all of these years, you're still the same timid, shy creature?" he sneered. "How pathetic."

"A-ano, Uchiha-san," Hinata stammered. "I-I have changed . . . e-even if it's o-only a l-little!"

The Uchiha's eyes observed her again. Hinata shivered as she felt his intense gaze upon her. His hand reached down to grab a small lock of her dark hair. Slowly, his fingers caressed the midnight strands of hair. This caused Hinata to instinctively pull away. Strong arms encircled her waist, keeping her from escaping.

"I'm offended, Hina-chan," the Uchiha whispered into her ear. "You never pulled away from me when we were children."

The Hyuuga's pale lavender eyes widened as he continued. “You remember, don't you? I do, Hina-chan. You promised me that you would change,” he said slowly. “I can see that you have matured, but not in the way you promised you would.”

Hinata was too stunned to say anything. Her eyes were wide open in disbelief as she stared up into the handsome face only inches from her own. A bombardment of memories assaulted her as a sudden realisation sunk in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The light breeze brushed through Hinata's hair. The small Hyuuga girl continued to work unaffected as she dug a hole in her small garden patch. Next to her lay a handful of seeds and some small gardening tools. Reaching beside her, Hinata took a single seed and carefully placed it into the freshly dug hole. Smiling softly, she filled the hole back up and gently patted the dirt that now filled it.

A black head of hair suddenly caught Hinata's eye. She immediately turned her head towards the small child that sat beside her. Shocked, Hinata hastily moved away from the black-haired boy and quivered. The boy turned his gaze to the Hyuuga girl and gave a small smile.

“Sorry if I scared you,” he said. “I was just wandering around and I saw you and I wondered what you were doing.”

When Hinata didn't reply, the boy continued, frowning. “Hmph. That's some way to greet a person. Aren't you going to say anything?”

Hinata gazed at him with wide eyes. She slowly moved towards him and bowed her head slightly. The boy's frown disappeared as he waited for her to say something.

“G-gomen-nasai,” Hinata apologised, stammering and blushing. “P-please forgive me. I-i was j-just surprised.”

The boy smiled at Hinata and waved his hand in a “forget-it” gesture. “You're forgiven. You're just too shy!” he said happily. “I'm Sasuke, Uchiha Sasuke. What's your name?”

“I-I'm Hyuuga Hinata,” Hinata replied, feeling less timid.

“Nice to meet you, Hinata-chan,” Sasuke said, smiling. He turned his gaze towards the place where Hinata has planted the seed only moments before. “Hey Hinata, do you think that you can become like that seed you planted?”

“W-what do you mean, Sasuke-san?” Hinata asked.

Sasuke smiled once again. “I mean, can you grow like the seed? You know, change? You're too shy, I think, and too timid. Do you think that you can grow to become less shy? Because I think you're quite pretty, Hinata-san. You have no reason to be so shy!'

Hinata's eyes widened. “B-but I can't Sasuke-san! I'm too weak. Even Otou-san says so!”

“Well then, your father doesn't know what he's talking about!” Sasuke exclaimed. “Anyone can change if they really want to, including you Hinata-chan!”

Hinata didn't reply. She cast her gaze downwards onto the ground beneath her and shook her head. Sasuke sighed and moved to sit directly in front of Hinata.

“Promise me, Hinata,” Sasuke said slowly, seriousness marking each word. “If we ever meet again, I want to see you as a strong and beautiful person. Can you promise to become that?”

Hinata hesitantly meet Sasuke's gaze. Her pale lavender eyes showed doubt and hesitation. Sasuke's young mind wasn't sure on how to convince Hinata that she could change. He decided to wait for her reply.

“S-Sasuke-san, how can you a-ask me that when we h-have only just meet?” Hinata asked, a note of curiosity in her quiet and demure voice.

“I might not have known you for more than a few minutes Hinata-chan, but I feel like I already know you,” Sasuke answered, sounding as if he though that his reply explained everything.

A few moments of silence passed before Hinata gave Sasuke her reply. “Hai, Sasuke-san,” Hinata said. “I promise.”

A loud shout of Sasuke's name came from somewhere nearby. Knowing that it was his call to go back home, Sasuke gave a quick smile and gave a small wave to Hinata

The Uchiha smiled softly. “You'd had better keep your word, Hinata-chan!” he said as he ran towards where the voice has sounded.

The Hyuuga girl stared after him. She couldn't believe she had just promised an almost stranger to change who she was, but strangely, she somehow knew that she would try to keep the promise that she had made with Uchiha Sasuke.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was low in the sky when Hinata came to her favourite thinking place. The lowering sun made the waterfall glisten in an eery orange colour and cast the shadows across the bank of the small bank where Hinata now sat. The pale-eyed girl sighed in contentment as she slipt her feet into the cold and soothing water.

With that, Hinata was lost in the feeling of her sore feet soaking in the cool water. She didn't notice the male figure that sat beside her.

"Hinata-chan, is that you?" asked a slightly deeper, familiar male voice.

Upon hearing the voice, Hinata almost jumped out of her skin. She turned her frightened and shocked gaze towards the familiar newcomer. The male gave a small, almost amused, smile towards the shocked Hyuuga.

"S-Sasuke-san? What are you doing here?" the young girl asked of the Uchiha lad.

"I was passing by and I saw you just sitting here. I thought that you could use the company," Sasuke replied.

The Hyuuga girl nodded her head slowly. She caught Sasuke's eyes and saw that they were different somehow. The first time they had meet, Hinata had only really caught a small glimpse of the Uchiha's eyes. Now, she was solely concentrated on his eyes; they were black, as black as the night without the moon, and they had a certain depth to that she hadn't seen before.

Sasuke shot Hinata a confused look. "What are you looking at, Hinata? What's so fascinating about my face?"

Hinata was shaken from her reverie. "Oh, gomen, Sasuke-san."

"No problems, Hinata-chan," Sasuke smiled at the Hyuuga heiress. "Hey Hinata-chan, would you mind if I called you Hina-chan?"

"Of course not, Sasuke-san," Hinata replied quietly. "I-If I may, could I call you Sasuke-kun?"

Sasuke nodded. "Sure thing, Hina-chan."

Hinata gave a soft smile towards Sasuke. She noticed that the young Uchiha boy seemed to be distracted by something. She was curious about what it was that he was thinking about.

"A-Ano, Sasuke-kun?" Hinata inquired softly. "What are you thinking about?"

Sasuke turned toward Hinata. "The promise. The promise you made about becoming a strong and beautiful person."

"Oh . . . " Hinata said, "what about it, Sasuke-kun?"

"I think you've changed a bit, but you've got a long way to go Hina-chan."

"Thank you, Sasuke-kun," said Hinata, "but I don't know whether I have changed at all. I don't think I have, gomen."

"Then prove to yourself and to me that you have."

"B-but how Sasuke-kun?"

Sasuke stood up, signifying his wish to leave. "That's for you to figure out for yourself, Hina-chan."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly, Hinata snapped out of the memories that plagued her mind. Her trademark pale eyes were wide and uncertain. The jet black eyes of the man in front of her gazed intently into her own, waiting for her to say something. The words Hinata wanted to say were on the tip of her tongue, but she was too afraid to utter the words to the person holding her. She saw that this Sasuke was vastly different to the one she had promised to change to. This Sasuke had experienced death and had committed countless numbers of meaningless murders. He was a missing-nin, an enemy to Konoha. He could turn on her any moment now and could kill her without even a second thought.

Sasuke's cool voice broke the silence. "Nothing to say, Hyuuga-san?"

Hinata didn't reply.

Bringing his hand to Hinata's cheek, Sasuke gently caressed the soft skin. Hinata tensed up against his hand and a bright red blush came upon her face. The Uchiha smirked coldly.

"Until we meet again, Hina-chan," Sasuke whispered as he turned away from her, "you still have a promise to fulfil."

With that, he disappeared. Hinata stood frozen to the spot, touching her flaming cheek.

I'll be waiting for you.
Chapter end notes: Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed it please review. ;)