TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


None Like It Cold by IrukaLover

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Here it is- I own no part of the Naruto series nor am I in affiliation with any of its broadcasters. I am not making money off of this fic.
Chapter notes: Ah winter, there is snow and clouds and colds. Gai is sick after a mission in snow country.
Iruka glanced out the window in his kitchen wondering where Gai was as snow fell from the sky. There were already at least four inches on the ground at least yet more of the fluffy flakes continued on their fluttering descent. Iruka shuddered at the thought of having to be in Snow Country at a time like this, like Gai was. It was a routine surveillance mission so Iruka wasn't too worried about the well being of his lover, but the tiny paranoid section of his brain kept him prepared just in case. Gai was due home from the mission sometime today, but Iruka wasn't on Mission Desk duty this week so he made himself useful by preparing a hearty soup for when Gai returned. Halfway through pealing a potato Iruka heard a knock at the door. Dropping the spud in the sink Iruka dashed to the door and opened it to reveal a shivering yet smiling Maito Gai. "Gai, considering you are here almost as often as me why do you still insist on knocking? I even gave you a key," Iruka asked, not for the first time. "W-well Ir-ruka, I w-would-n't want to intrude upo-on something." Iruka placed one hand between his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose while hurrying Gai in with the other. "For kami's sake Gai, its not as if you could ever see something you haven't already, what would I be doing? Showering? I distinctly recall we have done that together." Gai opened his mouth to respond, but had to quickly turn to sneeze into the crook of his elbow. "Gai? Are you alright?" "Ye-es Iruka-kun, just a lit-tle cold I appear to h-achoo, have caught during the mission." Iruka put a hand on Gai's forehead and quickly withdrew it, "Gai! you have a fever, go take a shower, if you need any help just ask, let me finish making the soup and that will be dinner." "Hon-nestly Ir-ruka, I a-a-am f-fine." "And I'm the seventh Hokage, just go take a shower." Gai, grinning sheepishly, made his way toward the bathroom. After walking maybe five steps his knees started to buckle, but Iruka was there to grab him around the waist. "Yeah, no way are you showering alone. Sit right here and as soon as I put on the pot we'll get you clean." Placing Gai on the rim of the shower/bath Iruka returned to the kitchen to finishe peeling the last potato then chopped the vegetables and set them to boil with the chicken and it's bones. Taking a loaf of bread off the counter he set that in the oven to warm up. Rushing back to Gai he found the man still shivering violently, but had remained diligently on the rim. Helping the larger man stand then get out of his wet jumpsuit Iruka stripped himself down to his boxers and turned the water on to a hot near to scalding. "The steam should help clear your sinuses Gai, and after this you will eat your soup, take some pills and go to bed, ok?" "Y-yes Iruka-sensei," Gai said grinning cheekily. "Good, now lean against the wall while I get something." As soon as Gai put both hands on the shower wall Iruka jumped out of the shower and quickly rifled through the medicine cabinet. Finding what he was looking for Iruka jumped back in and had Gai lean sideways so he could rub the ointment onto Gai's chest. "Here's something I bought last year, it works wonders." Soaping off the rest of Gai's body Iruka rinsed him off then turned off the shower. "Alright Gai, I'm going to step out then you follow, try not to slip." Grinning Gai did as he was told and faster than he could say Iruka the man had him wrapped in a towel and bustled into his room. Sifting through the bottom draw of his dresser Iruka found what he was looking for. "I hope these will fit you, but here are some of my fleece pajamas." Tugging them onto Gai's nonresistant body Iruka quickly had him dressed and seated at his table before getting dressed himself in a pair of sweats and a thick sweater. Placed before him, Gai found a bowl of soup that looked incredibly good, though he couldn't smell anything. "Thank you Iruka, for everything." "You would have done the same thing for me, now eat while I get the bread. Would you like orange juice or cranberry? I would have offered milk, but with a cold like this the last thing you want is dairy." "Um, orange juice, thank you." Bringing over a large glass for Gai and a regular glass for himself along with a jug of orange juice Iruka set both on the table before going to the kitchen one last time for the bread. "There, now dig in. It should help get you back i working order in no time. The few times I could get him to eat something instead of ramen, Naruto would always request this." Wasting no more time talking Gai spooned soup into his mouth and was pleasantly surprised that despite the cold the soup still tasted delicious. Iruka passed him pieces of buttered bread and filled his glass whenever he finished it. When Gai finished his first bowl Iruka immediately refilled it and Gai could almost feel his nasal passages clearing. "Gai finished his second bowl and as Iruka moved to go refill it Gai spoke up, "Iruka-kun, I am honestly full, any more and we will have to worry about a ruptured stomach not a common cold." Iruka took the bowl along with his own and put them in the sink before bringing over two pills from his cabinet. "Take these then get into bed, with those pills and a full stomach you'll be lucky to make it to the bed." Gai swallowed both pills with a swig of orange juice then got up and with Iruka's help drowsily walked to the bedroom. "Aren't you afraid of getting sick?" Gai asked as Iruka clambered into bed after him and tucked the comforter over them both. "I work with little kids all day, I'm pretty sure I've had every cold in existence, no I'm not worried. Go to sleep Gai-kun." As Gai began succumbing to the pills and the hot soup he felt Iruka pull him closer to his warm body.
Chapter end notes: Should I continue with this story? Also how did I pull off the -kun, I wasn't sure if I should bother but when I said the sentences in my head they were missing something.