TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Tex’s Quest: A Journey Home by Zaku Hyuga

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
[A scene of the ocean and a seagull caws]

To think it’s been five years. But Finally, I’m going home. Tex Walker thought as he stood on the deck of the wooden ship that was sailing him and many other travelers and merchants to the land he knew as “The West”. He could still remember clearly how it all had begun.

[Five years earlier, Tex was fifteen]

Tex sat at the bar as his mother waitressed at the saloon. This was his normal routine. He went to the schoolhouse early in the morning and did his studies, and when he was finished he went to the saloon to wait for his mom to finish working. Tex sat watching his mother gathering empty glasses from the patrons and bringing them full ones. He was used to this as well. No one ever caused any trouble, they just sat around drinking their beer and playing cards. A scuffle would start on occasion, brought on by the alcohol , but his mother had the unique ability to quickly bring an end to any argument, he and his brothers rarely even fought because of this. Because she had this ability the owner never thought of hiring anyone else to replace her.

All was well in his life, until he showed up. As Tex sat watching his mother a stranger walked through the saloon doors. Tex hadn’t ever seen him before, but something just didn’t feel right. The stranger took a seat at the bar two stools away from Tex. Tex watched the man from the corner of his eye, and didn’t see anything wrong, but just couldn’t shake this erie feeling he was getting. The man ordered a drink and just sat for a while. Tex decided to go on about his business and watch his mom. About half an hour passed when the man the man paid for his drink and got up to leave. As he walked through the doors the stranger whipped around and pulled out two six-shooters and shouted, “Ok everybody! Stay calm and no one gets hurt. I’ll be taking all of the money and then I’ll be on my way.” Everyone began to scream and yell and try to run. The stranger fired a bullet into the air and said, “I believe I told you to stay calm. Now just lay down on the floor and keep quite while the gentleman at the bar gets me my money.” Tex was laying on the floor a five feet away from the stranger. He was frightened out of his mind, but tried to stay calm. As the man walked over to the bar he holstered one of his pistols and pulled out an empty sack. He stood there while the bartender filled it with money. As the bartender filled the bag the sheriff and depute burst through the swinging doors, Tex’s father and brother. Tex’s father had become the sheriff when Tex was about eight, his brother Samuel had become the depute about two years ago, and his last brother Eliot had become the jail guard the year before that.

Tex’s father bellowed loudly in his deep voice, “I suggest you put down that gun and money and come with us, nice and quitely.”

“Sure, I’ll leave. As soon as I have my money.” The stranger replied. Tex saw this as his chance to get away and darted for his father and brother at the doors. As Tex darted through he was caught by the stranger. “Aha, what’ve we got here.” Tex’s father and brother’s eyes grew large when the stranger got a hold of Tex. Tex squirmed to get free, but couldn’t break the stranger’s hold. The stranger looked held his pistol to Tex’s head and looked from Tex to Tex’s father and back again. “Looks like there’s quite a bit of a resemblance here, and also judging from the look on your face, I say this is your kid isn’t it? Tell you what let me outta here and your kid might live.” the stranger chuckled evilly. Tex did the only thing he could think of. He bit the hand the stranger was holding the gun with. The stranger yelped with pain and dropped Tex as he reached for his other pistol with his hand that hadn’t been bitten. Tex’s father drew his own pistol and quickly shot the man in the arm he was reaching with. The stranger screamed in pain and glared at Tex and his father with pure hatred in his eyes. “You two don’t know who you’ve messed with. I’m Lance Stawls!” Looks of terror passed over the faces of the people in the bar. “Bandit Extraordinare! Me and my boys are going to take over this little town of yours, but I’ll start by making a new cemetary and you and the kid will be the first to be put under!” Lance turned and ran out the back holding onto his shot arm. Tex’s father and brother shot at Lance as he fled but didn’t hit him.

“I want a party put together to hunt him down before he reaches his gang!” Tex’s father ordered. “Lord, Lance Stawls. This isn’t going to be good.” Tex’s father mumbled under his breathe.