TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


For the Love of a Blonde by scarlett_fire

[Reviews - 36]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author blah blah blah. long story short i dont own Naruto, so dont sue me.
Chapter notes: Enjoy^^
First day of Senior Year…

I sat back in the nice leather seats of the limo and watched the streets pass by. I didn't really expect this year to be much different. My cousin and his girlfriend were in the row behind me making out; I tried my best to ignore them by staring at my class schedule. (It wasn't working very well seeing as I had already memorized the thing and they were being rather loud)

The car pulled to a stop and I opened the door as quickly as I could. Our driver, Chauncey, came over and helped me out. I waited quietly on the sidewalk for Tenten to be done.

She popped out of the car a minute later looking flustered but excited too.
"Aren't you excited Hinata? We are seniors! Finally!"

I gave her a small smile and nodded.
"Yes it should be fun." I replied quietly

"FUN? HELL YEAH IT WILL BE FUN!" came a loud voice from behind us.
I spun around to see none other than Temari walking toward us.

"Temari!" Tenten squealed, "I missed you! How was Fiji?"

"Hot!" The blond replied and then in a quieter voice added "and not the temperature if you know what I mean!" She waggled her eyebrows and they both burst into giggles.

The back window of our limo rolled down and my cousin called me over. Confused I walked towards him.

"Hinata…" he started and motioned me closer. "I know that your not the very social type but this is your last year of high school, try and enjoy it! You are always so quiet why not actually do something this year hmm?"

I could feel my face turning red as I nodded. How dare he? I had friends! And I did things! Sure I was no cheerleader but I had good grades and… and … well good grades.

He rolled his window back up and the limo pulled away taking him off to college.

Well good riddance! I thought walking back over to Tenten and Temari who were comparing tan lines.

"Oh Hinata your white as a ghost what did you do all summer?"

"Well… I… studied and-"

They cut me off with an eye roll.

"Do you do anything fun at ALL?" Temari questioned throwing her hands up in exasperation.

"That's it! You're coming with us tonight!" Tenten said. She pointed at me in a way that could be described as sinister. "Be at my house at seven!"

I was about to ask what it was that they were doing tonight but the bell rang and they both dashed off to their different classes. I headed to my first class, Calculus.


~
The morning so far had been boring; even more then the expected boredom of school. I wasn't really friendly with anyone in my first class and so I just sat there doing nothing. Our teacher put some problems on the board and I did them quickly. Math was my favorite class since I was really good at it. Before I knew it the bell rang and I rushed off to my next class.

Second period was history. When I walked in I noticed Ino sitting in one of the back rows. She waved me over and I sat next to her.

"Hey Hinata!" she greeted "How was your summer?"

"It was fine… and yours?" I tried my best to sound cheerful and interesting. Ino was the only girl considered popular who talked to me. It was probably since we had been in the same class since kindergarten and we used to be neighbors. It would be easy for her to dump me and hang with the cooler kids but she was nice and was always striking up conversations with me.

The bell rang and our teacher introduced himself. He handed out those "tell me about yourself" papers that asked what your favorite things were. I sighed as I diligently filled it out. Really by 12th grade I had hoped we had outgrown these. But no! Apparently the teachers were making one last futile attempt to 'connect' with the students.

After everyone had turned them in our teacher started rambling about the importance of history and how it defines our futures and how we ourselves are young history makers just waiting to put our mark on the world, and then of course how our youth would help us do that. Yes well that was all nice and dandy but sadly no one really cared including myself. So Ino and I started playing an intense tournament of tic tac toe to pass the time.

Soon enough the bell rung and we all dashed to our next class. Ino and I had the same third period so we walked together and talked about our summers; well she did most of the talking seeing as I didn't really do anything, but I still enjoyed it.


~
We walked into our third period and I looked around with delight. A dream come true! Next to me Ino squealed in delight.

"Can you even believe it? Our last year and we get one last class all together!"

I was just as excited as her. Looking around I saw every single one of the Kohona nine. (I forgot who decided that was our name, it was pretty lame but easy to remember, so it stuck) The nine of us had all been in school together since kindergarten and even though we were all rather… different we had all become close. The nine included me, Ino, Chouji, Shikamaru, Kiba, Sakura, Shino, Sasuke, and then of course there was Naruto. I couldn't peel my gaze away from him. His blond hair had turned almost a lemon color over the summer. In contrast his skin had grown even tanner. His bright blue eyes were wide open and his lips were permanently plastered in a smile that never failed to send my nerves into overdrive. Ino rushed over happily to give him a hug and everyone greeted her warmly. Kiba walked over to me with his normal goofy grin.

"Hey Hinata!" he called "What's up?"

"Nothing much." I replied smiling "And you?"

"Eh, same old same old. I guess Ino told you we were going out…"

"Yeah she did," it had been one of the many things she had mentioned to me earlier. "That’s great Kiba."

"Yeah its pretty cool, I guess" he added with a look on his face that gave away his true excitement. And who wouldn’t be excited? Ino was pretty, smart, nice and the second most popular girl in all of Kohona High. He was a lucky man! Speaking of which, the #1 most popular girl was rushing over to me this very second to drown me in her fake-ness.

"HINATA! Oh my god! How are you? I haven't seen you all summer, what did you do?" Sakura pulled me into a huge hug and I almost gagged in her cloud of perfume. "Well we will HAVE to get together soon. Ok? Love you, kisses!" And with that she was gone, to shmooze more of our classmates. I didn't hate Sakura all that much. Not really... Ok so I did! What can I say? She was going out with my life long crush! She treated him like dirt and teased him for eleven YEARS and when he finally becomes good (and cute^^) enough for her she snatches him up like some wicked harpy!

I was dragged out of my thoughts by none other than Naruto himself.

"Hey Hinata! How was your summer?"

"It was a-alright." CRAP!!! I have seen four different speech therapists for this stutter but still whenever I get near him, the words, they just don’t come out!

"Neji said that he went to Egypt for a month. Did you go with him?" Naruto and Neji had been tight ever since Naruto had talked some sense into my cousin a couple years ago. He is still a loser now but you should have seen him before! He never shut up about 'destiny' and was a real jerk to me!

"No I didn't…" I tried to think of something cute and funny or at least ask him about his summer but I was having difficulty breathing correctly so I just stared at my shoes. Thankfully the bell rang and we took our seats. I sat down next to Tenten and laid my head on the desk, perfectly ready to bang the crap out of it. I was such an idiot.

"Oh Hinata." She said patting my back. "It'll be ok! Your face wasn't even that red!"

I sighed and looked up at her. "Yes it was, I looked like a freak and probably sounded like a retard. But it doesn’t even matter because he is caught in harpy-girl's talons and is not going to be let go anytime soon." I set my head back down on the desk. Tenten knew about my crush on Naruto. Hell, everybody knew, except Naruto. I wasn't exactly good at hiding it (by any stretch of the imagination).

After I got a hold of myself we just sat there and talked about our mornings. Apparently Neji had been texting her every few minutes saying how nervous he was and how he missed her. She thought it was the cutest thing in the entire world. I told her about the exciting world of advanced calculus… not so cute.

"What the fuck?" shouted Kiba twenty minutes into the class period. "Where the hell is our teacher?"

"I don’t know why you're complaining!" commented Ino who was leaning on his shoulder.

He simply shrugged and went back talking to Shikamaru, who I'm pretty sure was asleep. Of course right then Sakura felt it was the perfect time to start making out with her boyfriend. So she did, right in the middle of class. Naruto looked a little confused but not upset when she got on his lap and attacked his lips. I thought I might puke.

Like an angel through the door came our teacher.

"Miss Haruno please untangle yourself from Mr. Uzumaki. Mr. Akimichi put away the chips, unless you plan to give me some. Mr. Nara wake up! And Uchiha would it kill you to smile?"

"Hn…" came the automatic reply from Sasuke.

"KAKASHI!" Naruto yelled "What are you doing here? Did you get fired from the middle school?"

"I wonder myself what I am doing here, putting myself back in a classroom with you idiots for another year and honestly I think I may have gone momentarily insane choosing this class. Especially now that I see none of you have changed much."

I was so excited (not because Sakura was now off Naruto, though that was a plus) but because our old middle school LA teacher was now our senior year LA teacher also. He wasn't exactly the best teacher, (kinda pervy) but he gave fun projects and didn't really care what we did in class. I could tell that this class was going to be my new favorite. Screw math class, all my old friends plus my old teacher equals best class, hands down!


~
When the bell rang our teacher was the first one out the door. Even before the door had closed behind him I saw a suspicious looking orange book being pulled out of his back pocket. Shaking my head I grabbed my bag and headed out the door with everyone else. And he say we haven't changed, he's as pervy and indifferent as ever.

"BUT NARUUUUU."

Oh god, kill me now. I glance over to see Sakura yanking on Narutoss arm trying to drag him toward the front entrance with us. It was only a half day today so we didn’t have to go to any class's after lunch and we all decided during third period (our class right before lunch), that we would go out to lunch together. Naruto though, was in the drama department and they volunteered to welcome the new freshman. Since he was president he had to be there.

"Im sorry Sakura but I cant, I'll still meet you after school."

"Come on just skip it! PLEASE NARUUUUU." She gave him big, sad, puppy dog eyes and yanked on his sleeve like a two-year old. I suppose it was meant to be cute but it only made me hate her more. Why couldn't she understand that, unlike some people, Naruto had ambitions, goals, he had a plans with what he was going to do with his life. (yet other thing that attracted me to him).

He had spent three years working to be president of the Drama Club and it was really important to him. I had gone to all the productions he had ever been in. Maybe a little stalker-ish but after awhile I didn’t just go because he was Naruto. He was also a really good actor! He could melt into a character and I wasn't even sure who he was anymore. He was amazing, spectacular and… he was dating a hoe.

To my great surprise and delight Naruto gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and said,

"Sorry babe, I gotta go! I'll see ya later." He pulled away from her and ran down the hall in the opposite direction. Sakura crossed her arms and started to pout, while I silently cheered.


~
Half an hour later we were all sitting around a huge table at a restaurant a couple blocks from our school. Sadly for me I was stuck next to Chouji. About ten minutes into the meal he had scarfed down his plate and was eyeing my mine as if it was the last cheeseburger on the face of the earth. I pushed my plate over to him with a sigh. It wasn't worth it; if I had kept eating he would have just kept asking me for a bite, it was easier this way.

"Hinata." I low voice called me from across the table.

"Yeah Shino?"

"Did you hear, our elective was canceled."

"Gym?" I asked hopefully even though I knew the answer

"No, mathematical comprehension. Apparently we were the only two people to sign up for it so the course was pulled." I sighed.

"Yeah well that figures, so what are you going to do instead?"

"I don’t know my just keep it as a study period, its right before lunch so I could just leave school and take two hours to eat…"

"Yeah, that makes sense maybe I'll do that too."

After that I didn't think anymore about it. I mean I could skip a class right? All my courses were advanced so why not take a break? This was my senior year for crying out loud! How important could one little elective class be…




~
Wow! Alright that is the first chapter of my first story! i hope you like it and if you wanna review then i would love you! if you dont wanna review, well then, you still should. lol thanks for reading

-Suzie
Chapter end notes: Wow! Alright that is the first chapter of my first story! i hope you like it and if you wanna review then i would love you! if you dont wanna review, well then, you should. lol thanks for reading

-Suzie