TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Breaking Point by Akane Uchiha

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: After returning to Konohagakure, Sasuke begins to see the true nature of shinobi, and just how cruel even the nicest people can be.
Chapter notes: M'kay, I hope the people who take the time to read this enjoys it:)
Throught his time in sound, Sasuke never really intended to let Orochimaru overtake his body. He knew from the very beginning that he'd have to kill the snake bastard outside of the village, he just didn't know when, or for that matter, how.

It didn't have to be something that would totally rip the man to pieces, even though Sasuke would enjoy doing that, it just had to be something that would paralyze the snake long enough for Sasuke to finish him.

Sasuke didn't have much time to think out all of the details, but he needed ideas, and he needed them fast. Izumo, a subordinate that Orochimaru had made him train after the previous sound four had been killed, suggested gradual poison, Sasuke rejected this, because of one simple fact: that it would take time, and that certainly wasn't an element that Sasuke had a lot of at this point.

It had been nearly two years since he had arrived in Oto, and he cursed himself for not thinking of a plan earlier in his defection, but it had been his inaccuacy, and he had to deal with the consequenses.

And so here he sat, in a tree on the outskirts of Oto, watching the sun set, hoping some idea would weasel its way into his head, but as he expected, none came.

He sighed in angered annoyance, and jumped from the tree. It was time to face it, killing Orochimaru was a hopeless victory, but if he didn't try, he would end up dead, and the sannin would have dictatorship over his body.

About six months into his inturnship at sound, Sasuke began to realize something: Orochimaru promised him power, but yet, as payment for this, Sasuke was to give up his body, and life. How was he supposed to make use of the power the man granted him, when he was dead? If Sasuke let himself be taken advantage of, his dreams would be forgotten. He wanted the satisfaction of killing his brother himself, not the man he was selling his soul to, who made empty promises.

He had realized Orochimaru's true nature when he ordered Sasuke to 'take care' of Kanju, a rain nin the man had shown temporary interest in.

Sasuke never did discover why Orochimaru wanted Kanju dead, he was a fierce fighter, and a loyal servant, but obviously, something was wrong. The sannin had never been so secretive, well, not towards him anyways.

And so, Sasuke obeyed Orochimaru's odd command, and lead Kanju to his death in the forest surrounding the hidden sound village.

This was first time Sasuke had gotted a glimpse of Orochimaru's ways. The man would make promises no one else could, and when the victim of his ingenius came up on his offer, he would use that man/woman as he pleased, using their power for his own ambitions, and when it was time to full fill his side of the bargain, the one he had used always turned up dead, for some very thought out reason.

Sasuke wanted away from here, and he wanted it fast.There was a loud hiss behind from a viper who was coiled around a branch, clearly annoyed by Sasuke's presence.

The hiss had made him tense, hell, everything here made him tense.

Sasuke began to make his way toward the main comepound, intending on getting something to eat, and training for a while.

~*~

There was a loud pounding on the door of his quarters, Orochimaru had never been so graceless, so Sasuke took his katana with him when he went to answer it.

When he jerked the door open, an out of breath Kabuto stood there, leaning against the door way, trying very hard to caatch his bearings. "What do want Kabuto" Sasuke asked, it was more of a statement than a question, but Kabuto got the point none the less.

The silver-haired medicnin looked up, "Sasuke-san...Orochimaru-sama requested you immediately in his quarters" Kabuto said, his vioce wavering slightly. Sasuke thought to himself, referring to the fact that Kabuto was frantic to get whatever the sannin wanted done.

~*~

"This mission cannot fail Sasuke-kun, I don't care how important you are to this village, if you fail me, you will suffer death." Orochimaru said in a clearly angered tone, that depicted nothing but burning fury.

Something had happened to alter his plans for the hidden mist village, and he needed Sasuke to repair it.