TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


My OC, Tsuki Ami! by TemariSandyFan

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Ami: Hey all! Ami here! So this is just my story on how I moved from Hoshi to Konoha. I'll be telling the story!
TSF: If I owned Naruto, would I even be writing fanfiction? Didn't think so.
Ami: No infriggment or making money here!
TSF: Oh, yeah, spoiler warning for episodes 178-182 (it's filler)

"Concentrate, Ami, concentrate!" I was doing my star training and was one of the few kids left conscious. The only others left were my cousins, Isamu and Kohaku.

Even though I was supposed to be fully concentrated on the "star," I couldn't help but peek at the room we were training in. My friends were also knocked out, the chakra too much for them. Then I peered at my cousins.

Isamu was older than me by three years, making him 15. He had the same type of hair as me, black with white spots, but his was put up in small spikes. Kohaku was Isamu's younger brother, but only by a year. His hair was let down to reach his shoulders.

Both wore the traditional Tsuki clan clothes, a black vest over a fishnet shirt and loose, black pants. They also had my clan's kekkei genkai, the Takameru Kansei, but you couldn't tell through their closed eyes. The only mark of the Takameru Kansei was a slit going through the pupil and into the iris.

Though both were older then me, I was the heiress of the Tsuki clan. Their father was my father's younger brother, so I was supposed to take over for the clan once Father died. Pressure, anyone? I felt that I wasn't good enough to take over the clan, and would've gladly given the role to Isamu. Besides, they both could read handsigns quicker than anyone in the village, almost as well as Father. I couldn't read them very well, so I developed my Chakra Ude (see profile.) Father was impressed, but would have liked me to be more traditional. And to use my Chakra Ude, I had to have a set of special vests made which were much different from my clan's. My cousins were also almost complete with their star training while I was only halfway done, the chakra only developed from my waist up.

"Okay, time to train now." I thought to myself and continued my training. However, moments later, the door was swung open and Father appeared, looking flaming mad, his long hair covering some of his face.

I should probably tell you about Father now. He was a very prideful man and was happy as the patriarch of one of the most respected clans in Hoshigakure. He was very strongly built and was considered the clan's pride.

"Come children," he ordered. This was astonishing. Usually, Father would want us to train with the star for hours on end, but now it had only been two.

I opened my mouth to ask a question, but thought better not to, seeing Father's state of mind. His temper was not one to be tested. I hurried out the door and stood behind him, my head bowed, waiting for my cousins to come. Once we were outside, a small group of ninja came in and carried the unconscious kids out. When all the kids were evacuated, Father almost slammed the door closed and stormed to the mansion, we three following a good distance behind.

We walked in awkward silence; Isamu and Kohaku didn't get along very well with me. They had taken the shinobi laws very seriously, especially the rule stating that a shinobi must not show any emotions nor weaknesses, while I did not. I was full of emotions, unlike my cold cousins.

We reached the mansion and Father stomped into the meeting room, with us still following. We took our usual seats, behind Father. Even though we were young, we were the clan's only children, so we were at every meeting.

At this meeting was Father, us, a few of the clan and village elders, and the Third Hoshikage. We all showed total humility and kept our heads bowed the whole meeting, even though it was a long one.

The Hoshikage spoke first, "We are meeting today to discuss the matter of continuing or stopping the star training."

Our slitted eyes widened. Stop the star training? The star training was what made Hoshigakure different from the other shinobi nations. To take that away would mean to make us just another nation, and that was something Father's pride wouldn't allow. I was sure that he and the Hoshikage would be on the side that would want to continue the training.

Then, Father stood. "I, Tsuki Daiki, am presenting that we stop the star training."

What? Stop it? That wasn't Father!

Then, the Hoshikage stood. "As do I."

What? This was ubsurd! I could barely accept Father, but now the village leader?

A few village elders stood and said that they wished to continue the training.

Okay, well, at least a few want to continue, but wait. Those leaders were ones that my father almost highly resented. What was going on?

A leader from that side spoke, "State why you wish to stop the one thing that seperates us from the other shinobi nations."

Father replied angrily, "As if you don't already know, Katsurou!"

Know what?

Father stormed again, "You know as well as I do that the star training is endangering our youth!"

I almost jerked my head up at this, but luckily, Isamu and Kohaku pushed it back down. Endangering us? That wasn't possible! We have been training since we were seven and nothing had happened to us! My friends... they just weren't ready for the training! That was why they fainted!

Katsurou yelled back, "Only the weak are endangered by the training! If we leave the strong to train, we will have a select group of star-trained shinobi! The rest can train normally!"

"And how do we know who is strong and who is weak?! We are risking too much! If this continues, there will be no generation to watch over our village!" Father shouted.

Katsurou growled. "Ami! Isamu! Kohaku! Come here!"

Was this some sort of illusion? We were never called up at meetings! Yet we faithfully got up from our chairs, but Father sternly said, "Sit down." So we did.

"Leave the children out of this!" He yelled even louder.

This seemed to be more a debate between Father and Katsurou, the others forgotten.

"Let me prove my point! Children stand here!" He pointed to the side of the table directly where everyone could see us.

Father opened his mouth to retort, but the Hoshikage lifted his hand and Father sat grumbling in his chair.

When we were in position, Katsurou barked, "Isamu, step forward." He did so.

"Isamu, how long have you been doing star training?"

"Eight years, Katsurou-sama."

Katsurou smirked and said, "Kohaku, step forward next to your brother." He did so.

"Kohaku, how long have you been doing star training?"

"Seven years, Katsurou-sama."

Another smirk. Finally, he called me up.

"Ami, how long have you been doing star training?"

"Five years, Katsurou..." I didn't want to say it, but I had to. I did so painfully, "sama."

"Exactly!" Katsurou yelled. "Even the youngest has been training for five years and nothing has happened!"

I wanted to remind Katsurou that my training was only half-way completed, but it didn't seem like my place to speak.

Father couldn't take it anymore. He stood up, threw back his chair and yelled, "And yet, this is only three children! Can you compare that number to the huge amount of children that have been seriously injured by the training?!"

We children stepped back, our heads turned to their original bowing positions.

At Father's statement, even the elders who were supposed to be on Katsurou's side murmured in agreement. Katsurou fell. He had lost.

"Very well," he finally said, "the star training will be discontinued."

But my training was only halfway done! If it stopped now, I would only have star chakra in my upper body...

It had been few weeks after the meeting, but Father was still unsettled. He had heard how the 5 Great Shinobi Nations did not feel that the ninja of Hoshigakure were fit to be ninja. Everyone in the village knew that, but we all assumed that was their problem, not ours. Growing up with this, us kids had learned to resent the 5 Great Shinobi Nations, no matter how much we said that we didn't care.

Father, being a man of actions rather then words, called a family meeting and announced something that made even Isamu and Kohaku look up and yell.

"The clan will be moving to Konohagakure."

Moving to Konoha?! Moving was bad enough because it meant leaving the power the clan had over Hoshigakure, but to Konoha?!

Many clan members, including Kohaku, Isamu, and me, started shouting in protest. One of the only ones that wasn't screaming was Mother. She was a kind and gentle woman, but was very protective.

After the clan had settled down, Father explained his actions.

"For generations, we have been looked down upon by the 5 Great Shinobi Nations, but if we were to move to Konoha, we could reach untapped potentials. Since the star training has been discontinued, there is no reason to stay here."

"Think about it, Daiki!" Isamu and Kohaku's father yelled, "Do you really expect Hoshigakure to just let us leave and for Konoha to accept a whole new clan?!"

"Calm down, Zakuo. Of course I thought this over, and I planned for us to sneak away. We have no elderly and the children are all perfectly capable of handling themselves. Our numbers are small, anyway, so it won't be hard to leave unnoticed."

All Father said was true. The last elder of the clan was Grandfather, and he died a few months ago. The clan's number was dwindiling because so many of us had died during star training.

"But exactly that is the reason we cannot leave!" Zakuo protested, "Because of our small numbers, we will be easy to capture along the way!"

"Why would they want to capture us?" Kohaku asked, "As far as I'm concerned, it'll just be one nuisance for Katsurou to take care of."

"The Takameru Kansei." I whispered. Kohaku's eyes widened in understanding.

"Exactly." Zakuo agreed, "Once the clan is gone, so is our kekkei genkai. Our bloodline limit is the village's trump card and they will not want to lose it, let alone give it to Konoha!"

"Then we will have to fight for our freedom. For what is freedom unless you earn it?" Father said wisely. "My decision is final. We leave in one week. Tell no one of this plan." And he left the room.

Then came that night. It was hard to bring all our provisions over the poisonous canyon surrounding the village, but we all had gas masks and the more experienced could fly others over.

A few nights passed and we were close to Konoha's border, only about a day's travel away. We camped in the forest and most felt easy, considering we hadn't been attacked yet. However that night, we were ambushed.

I was in my tent sleeping with Mother. It was around 4 in the morning when I smelled smoke.

I tore open the tent and shivered in fear. Outside, Hoshigakure ninja were bombing our campsite with fire arrows.

I stood, frozen in fear, until my father saw me. He was fighting five ninja.

"Ami! Don't just stand there, wake your mother and run!"

"But I can fight!" I insisted. I saw Isamu and Kohaku fighting together and wanted to make myself useful.

"Just do what I say and go!"

I had no choice but to wake Mother and run. I woke her just in time because right after I got her out, the tent was hit by a flaming arrow and it burned up in flames.

"Come on, Ami, we have to run!" Mother urged.

"But I can help!" I protested.

"Your star training wasn't completed, Ami! You can't do the full techniques! Hurry and leave this to your father and elders!"

As much as I didn't want to believe that, it was true. If I stayed, I would only be a burden. So I ran, but when I was half a mile away or so, I saw our campsite go up in flames. I dropped to my knees. As much as I wanted to, I wouldn't cry. Father would want me to be strong and I couldn't show Isamu and Kohaku that I was weak because they were still watching me from Heaven.

It was just Mother and me now, but not for long. We camped a good few miles away from the old site and Mother went out to look for some more food. I waited, but she didn't come back. I was scared. Mother was probably taken by the Hoshi ninja and they were probably coming after me now.

Remembering my survivalist skills from class, I took my pack, which had my canteen and family picture in, along with the sword. I had grabbed the sword right before the tent burned and turned it in my hands.

It was called the Yin Yang no Katana, or the Sword of Yin and Yang (see profile for full description.) I played with the grip. It was yellow-gold with the Yin and Yang symbol in the middle. There was a faint border of silver around the grip.

Suddenly, I snapped back to reality. I put the grip back into my pack and tied loose pieces of cloth around my muddy sandles, so as not to leave tracks. Then I ran, hoping my unusualy colored hair didn't tip me off. I jumped up onto a tall tree branch and transformed myself to have shoulder-length, black hair, a tight, black, 1/2 sleeve top, my regular pants, and no-slit grey eyes.

I waited and watched the sunrise. Just when I thought I was safe, I saw the Hoshi nin. I nearly let out a gasp when I saw it as Katsurou.

He looked around and finally said into a walkie-talkie, "All clear over here. Kiku must have been telling the truth. The Tsuki brat must've burned with the rest of her clan. I'm heading back to Hoshi now." And he left.

My eyes widened. Kiku? That was my mother's name! So she was captured! She even lied to protect me. Where was she? I had to find her!

I almost left, but my mouth was suddenly gagged, my hands tied securely behind my back, and was turned to face a Konoha ninja, a Jounin by the looks of it. He held one of his trench knives to my neck and whispered, "I won't be your enemy if you stay quiet," and let out a puff from the cigarette he was smoking.

What was I to do? I only grittily nodded and he led me his village gates. You couldn't tell by my gagged mouth, but I was scowling to no end. Here I was, possibly the last Tsuki, and I was being dragged off into one of the villages I grew up hating. A tear almost escaped my eye. I had failed already.

Once we were in the village, it was already 8 in the morning and the streets were beginning to fill. Just what I needed, a crowd. We began walking and heads turned, but it only took a look from me to make them turn back. Then, three ninja around my age aprouched my captor.

"Asuma-sensei!" One yelled. She had blond hair tied up in a ponytail and I already hated her a little more than the others. "You were supposed to..." She stopped in her words when she saw me. His trench knife wasn't by my neck anymore, but he still had a firm grip on my bounded hands.

Another one of them was eating a bag of chips and nudged the last ninja. "Oi, Shikamaru," he said, "who's that?"

"How should I know?" he replied. He was the only one of the three wearing a chuunin vest, so I assumed the others were genin. "It's so troublesome."

"Hey guys," Asuma said, "I was on border patrol and I found this girl hiding up in a tree. She looked foriegn, so I'm bringing her to Tsunade-sama."

This girl?! I was Tsuki Ami, not some random hermit! I had a good mind to yell at him, but the gag was too tight and I needed to keep my last bit of dignity, so I just stayed as cold as before.

The blond girl came up to me and asked, "Hey girl, what's your name?"

Uh, obvious much? I was gagged, how could I respond?! Her teammates noticed it as well because they were shaking their heads.

"Uh, Ino?" The boy with the chips told her, "She has a gag, you know."

The girl named Ino turned at inspected me more carefully. "Oh, yeah, she does!"

I might have twitched a bit there. A ninja from Konoha doesn't know how to identify a simple gag?

"Well, I'd better hurry. Tsunade will be wanting my report." Asuma said his good-byes and started dragging me to a building I assumed to be the Hokage's mansion.

We approuched the door of her office and he knocked. Inside, I could hear loud yelling.

Then there came an "Enter" and we walked in. Inside was a young looking blond woman sitting at a desk filled with paperwork. Behind her was a black haired woman carrying a small pig. The yelling was coming from a short, blond-haired ninja who was still shouting. Next to him was a pink-haired girl who looked like she was just about to punch the blond-haired boy. Then there was a raven-haired boy who had turned like the girl to face me. Lastly, there was a silver-haired jounin who was supposedly their sensei.

"What do you mean we only get a D-rank today?!" the blond was yelling.

"Hey Asuma." The sensei greeted.

"Hey Kakashi," he replied.

The pink haired girl and black haired boy were obviously fed up with their teammates yelling, so they both punched him on the head.

"Hey, what was that for?!" He yelled, but quieted down when he saw me. "Who's that, Sakura-chan?" He asked the girl.

"How would I know, Naruto?" Sakura replied and asked, "Sasuke-kun?" addressing the raven-haired boy.

Sasuke merely shrugged and looked at Kakashi, as if silently asking the same thing.

"Don't look at me," he said and went back to reading a small book he was carrying.

"Asuma, care to explain?" The blond woman asked, rubbing her temples.

"Hai. I was on border patrol when I found this girl hiding in a tree. She didn't look like anyone from the village, so I brought her here," he reported.

"I see," the woman said. Judging by her authority, she must've been the Hokage. "Remove her gag and hand ties." He did so.

As soon as he did, I rubbed the sides of my mouth; the rope was very corse. While I rubbed my wrists, I looked at the Hokage with the same cold stare I had since my capture.

The Hokage addressed me, "Could you kindly remove that henge you have on?"

Everyone else stood staring at me, already know I was masking my true appearence, except for the boy they called Naruto.

He said, "Henge? She has a henge on?"

"Of course he does, baka!" Sakura retorted and slapped him upside the head.

"S-Sakura-chan..." Naruto whined while rubbing his wound.

I thought it over. Oh well, no point in hiding it anymore, and I changed back. Once back to my original state, I folded my arms across my chest, waiting for one of them to make a remark about my spotted hair or my slitted eyes.

And so they did. The only one to do so verbally was Naruto, but before he could say much, Sakura clapped her hand over his mouth. Little did they know, I learned all about muscles in Hoshigakure and could read their emotions by how tense certain muscles were. For example, Sasuke, however cool he tried to act, was surprised as well, for his deltoids and calves tightened.

After an awkward silence of staring, Kakashi's visable eye squinted. "You're a Hoshi ninja."

I took a sharp breath in and then looked down to my hatai-ate. There, clear as day, was the sign of Hoshigakure.

"Perhaps we could talk about this in a more secure enviorment." Kakashi suggested.

So they took me to their meeting room and made me sit in the middle of a circular table with a large amount of the center taken out. In the room was the Hokage, the two Jounin from earlier, more Jounin, and the village elders.

The Hokage questioned me first, "What is your name?"

I did not answer.

"What is your name?"

No answer.

"Tsunade-sama, do not waste your breath on her. I have ways of making her talk," a stone-faced Jounin said.

"That will be quite unnecessary, Ibiki," an old woman said. "I have read quite a bit on Hoshigakure, and I have found a fair amount on this young lady."

Found out about me?

"Judging by the pattern of her hair, she is from the Tsuki clan. Because of the slits in her eyes, I can tell she has the kekkei genkai of that clan, the Takameru Kansei."

Oh... right...

"Takameru Kansei?" a black haired, red eyed jounin woman asked.

Before anyone else could explain, I did, "The Takameru Kansei allows the user to heighten their senses by as much as 10 times more, but at a terrible cost. The user's chakra goes down by at least half, no matter how long it's been used."

"Exactly. If you would be so kind as to give us your name and show us what is in your pack, we can all get this over with." Kakashi stated.

I sighed. There was no use hiding anything now. "My full name is Tsuki Ami, heiress of the Tsuki clan," I paused to open my pack and take out the sword, "and this is the Yin Yang no Katana."

A few gasps escaped the council.

"What's the Yin Yang no Katana?" A brown-haired man with a slit over his nost asked.

"It's the Tsuki clan's family heirloom. When activated, two short swords come out from either end and they are lengthed by my chakra. It uses a large amount of my upper body chakra."

"Tell me, youthful girl," an odd looking jounin asked, "have you received star training?"

"Yes, I have."

"Fully?"

"No, I haven't."

"How much?"

"Enough for my entire body from the waist up to have star chakra. So when you do this," I took out a kunai and slit my arm, "it heals in a maximum of a minute."

"So, I think it is safe enough to name Ami a Konoha genin." Kakashi decided.

So that's my story.

Chapter end notes: TSF: I own my OCs, but nothing else in here!
Ami: Have a nice day/night!