TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Hidden Memories of the Past by Gaaraluver

[Reviews - 12]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here's the first chapter! The actual remembering part will be later. Right now I'm setting the mood. :)
Naruto was sitting at Kakashi’s small apartment, drinking tea and having rice balls. It was a few days after he had learned about how his father was the Yondaime and Kakashi had taken care of him. His sensei had disappeared after he ran after him, demanding to see his real face, leaving Naruto to fume as he returned to his apartment.


----Flashback----


For the two days following the revelation, Naruto had spent a lot of time on top of the Fourth Hokage’s monumental head, mulling over everything his sensei had revealed to him.


He couldn’t believe that the council had taken away the first five years of his life! Even if he wasn’t allowed to be with Kakashi, he could at least known that there was someone who cared about him! He wouldn’t have felt so alone and full of hatred at the village! If it weren’t for Iruka, Naruto was sure he would have turned out like Gaara, unleashing all his anger at the village and not caring about anyone, because no one cared about him.


Quickly shaking off that thought, he gazed out at the village. He had grown to care about it, even if there were still some who didn’t care about him. By now he had more people who liked him than he could count; something he was still unable to comprehend.


With a warm smile, Naruto looked down at his father’s face. If his father had been a famous Hokage, then he was even more destined to become one!! He giggled happily.


“Just watch dad!” he proclaimed loudly. “I’ll become Hokage just like you and have my face up here!”


“Naruto, I think talking to yourself is a bad sign,” Kakashi joked.


The blonde spun around to see his sensei sitting down comfortably across from him on Tsunade’s face. Naruto just pouted and stuck out his lower lip. Kakashi chuckled and joined him. Once he landed Naruto noticed that his sensei seemed exhausted, his eye appearing more lazy than usual.


“Oi, Kakashi-sensei,” he said with a mischievous grin. “Why do you look so tired? Are you getting old? I’ve always known your hair is really—”


The jounin growled. He hated it when people ridiculed him about his hair. It was silver, not white! For Kami’s sake, all people of the Hatake clan had hair like this!


“Actually, Naruto, I was wondering if you would come to my house tonight? I have something to show you.” Confused as to what he had for him, Naruto nodded.


“Ano, is it about—” But he was already gone. Naruto sighed in dismay, he hated it when his sensei did that. Curse him and that transportation jutsu! Secretly, Naruto wished he could learn it someday, being able to disappear whenever he wanted to.


And so, the genin was left to gaze at his village until the sun went down.


----End---


Naruto was growing impatient. Kakashi had let him in, told him to sit down and enjoy dinner, and then left into another room and shut the door, saying he had to get something. Five minutes had passed and he was completely bored.


Finally his sensei entered the room again.


“Did you change your apartment Kakashi-sensei?”


Clearly not expecting that question, he shook his head slowly.


“Oh,” Naruto said sadly. “I was thinking that if I saw where you lived I’d remember something from when I was younger.”


Kakashi chuckled. “Well, the truth is that I didn’t take care of you here. I took care of you in the apartment you currently live in.”


Naruto frowned, and then erupted in a thousand questions at once.


“Why didn’t I remember anything? Why did you take care of me there? Will I ever remember what happened? Did they—” Kakashi held out his hands in a signal to stop.


“I am fully prepared to answer all your questions, but first we need to eat,” he said calmly as he joined Naruto.


“What do you mean, eat? I want to know now!” Naruto yelled excitedly, slightly bouncing up and down.


Kakashi smirked. “Both of us need some energy. You see, I have found out how to undo that memory seal, but it will result in you being unconscious for a few days as they all are replayed in your head and it takes a lot of chakra from me.”


There was silence for a few moments, and then Naruto seemed to explode. “YATTA!” He punched the air and jumped to his feet, dancing around a little. While Kakashi simply stared at him, his fingers frozen on the rice ball he had begun to pick up, Naruto embraced him in the largest hug he’d ever received in his life, practically suffocating him.


Before he could react, Naruto let go of him and proceeded to dance around the apartment, moving from one spot to the next at such an incredible speed that Kakashi almost couldn’t keep up.


“Now I’ll finally know! I’ll know what happened when I was little! Maybe I’ll see someone really cool! I’ll finally see what you look like without your mask—”


“NARTUO!” The blonde ceased jumping and turned to his sensei, who was trying his best not to smile.


“If you want me to remove it, then you need to hurry up and eat, because—” Suddenly Naruto pounced on his food and ate with such fury that Kakashi felt sick.


“Shew habn’t ebin myet Kaishenshay!” Naruto pointed out, his mouth full of food. Kakashi sighed and brought the food up to his mouth, which disappeared once Naruto blinked.


Rolling his eyes, Naruto grabbed his cup and used it to get down all the food he rammed into his mouth down his throat.


A couple minutes later, Naruto was propped on Kakashi’s bed while his sensei was busying gathering all his chakra. He had explained to his pupil that he could be on his bed because he would be reliving the bottled up memories for a couple days, and it would help if he were as comfortable as possible.


Fully ready, Kakashi turned to Naruto.


“I don’t know if this will hurt, but . . . ” he shrugged his shoulders. Naruto just nodded his understanding.


“Just do it.”


Kakashi proceeded to perform a rapid series of hand signals, so fast that Naruto wasn’t able to interpret any of them. After waiting for what seemed to be an eternity, Kakashi put his right hand out to Naruto’s forehead and yelled, “Kai! (Release)”


There was a bright flash of light, and Naruto slumped onto the bed, completely absorbed in his thoughts while Kakashi stumbled onto the floor.


He cursed silently; he knew the jutsu would take a lot of energy, he just didn’t know it would take this much! Oh well, at least it will make Naruto happy, he thought with a smile as he passed out.


Meanwhile, Naruto fell unceremoniously on his rear inside his mind. He gratefully noted that although he was greeted with the same familiar, orange sewage tunnels that he was nowhere near the Nine-Tailed Fox.


In front of him was a plain door, and there was a broken seal that ran along the edge. Realizing that he should open it, Naruto cautiously put his hand on the door and pushed, enveloping him in bright white light.