TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Who Are You Again? by Hiratai

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I should really be working of 'My Senile Love' right now, but I don't really want too, and I think it's good to work on other stories as well. Hope you enjoy this.
Hinata sat quietly under the tree, attempting to mask her crying, and attempting to stop her shaking shoulders, which she knew would soon start to ache. She couldn’t believe that at 26 Sakura had agreed to marry Naruto, the reason why mystified her, and probably would for quite a while, possibly until the end of her days, but she wasn’t concentrating on that right now.

Mostly, she was concentrating on stopping her sobbing, but she couldn’t help it, the tears just wouldn’t stop. She knew most respectable ninja would never have been caught in this situation, but… She wasn’t like most respectable ninja though, she knew it, and most other people did. Was that why…?

She ordered herself to stop thinking such thoughts, they would only make her cry harder, and she knew that she certainly did not need that. What she needed was this to get off of the grass that could so easily stain her dress, and to get back to the reception, although it would not start for another hour or so. Still, by now all of her makeup was bound to have washed off, and she would have to go home to reapply it, especially to make sure that her face didn’t look puffy. It just wasn’t good to have people suspicious.

She put her hand, palm down, on the ground and pushed up, getting to her feet, and sticking one heeled foot out. However when she tried to move the other foot, it would not budge, it appeared as though the grass that could so easily stain her dress had capture the heel of her shoe, and was currently holding it hostage. She tugged at it, and while it did come out, when it did it came out with such a force that was a moment Hinata was certain she was going to fall right on her face. Of course, instead she entered up falling back into the tree she had been sitting under, and then falling back under it on her back since there were no branches to grip on.

Hitting the ground with a soft thud, she did not give a curse as normal people did. Instead she just sighed, and put her hand, palm down, on the ground and pushed up, and then stopped. Hanging from the branches of the tree above her was a boy, no more a man probably in his early or mid twenties, who appeared to be a sleep.

Quickly she stood up, and looked up, unsure of what to do. Should she call on him and awaken him? Or should she just ignore him, and go back to her house to reapply her makeup as planned? Of course, the question of why this man was sleeping up in a tree also occurred to her, but she did not believe that it was very important right now.

As if deciding for her, her mouth opened and in a strange whisper-shout that most people would recognize as a signature ‘Hinata’ she called out “H-hey, are you awake up there?”
The man stirred, muttering something, but did not open his eyes. At first Hinata assumed he would just go back to sleep, but then he rolled over- right off of the tree.

She quickly jumped out of the way just as the man hit the ground, uttering a very loud and very foul curse. He appeared to have landed on his face, not quite painless, and now continued to curse, while Hinata rushed to his side. “O- Oh- Are you alright?” The same whispery voice grasping hold of her words.
“Well gee, I just fell out of a stupid tree, do you think I’m okay.” He sat up, looking down at himself to check for bruises or scrapes. “Hmm, I don’t think I damaged anything, but…”

“What were you doing up there?”

The man looked up at the tree in question, almost in confusion it seemed. “Uh… sleeping? I don’t know.”

“Oh, well…” Hinata trailed off, once again wondering why this man had been sleeping in a tree, although now it was more at the front of her mind than it had been before. Although maybe he had just been camping out, and gotten scared of… But there was nothing out here in these forests that would warrant for him to sleep in a tree- was there?

“Is there a reason you were sleeping in the tree instead of on the ground?”

The man once again shrugged, “No… I’m not sure. I can’t remember climbing up in the tree, or even how I got here.” Hinata blinked. Now this was strange. Why would this man not remember how he got here? Surely he must have some clue?

“Well… what is your name?”

Again the man shrugged, but this time his face looked kind of worried. “I’m not… sure…
I- I don’t know my name.” The man looked down in shock, and Hinata felt a pang of sympathy for him.

“I- I don’t know my name, I don’t know anything!” Now the man looked at Hinata with a fearful expression. “Oh my god, I don’t know anything! What am I going to do? What if no one’s looking for me? What if I never remember anything ever again?”

“Listen, just calm down, okay?” A lot of her sympathy seeped in her whisper voice. “Take a deep breath, or… I don’t know, but… calm down, and you might feel a bit better.”

The man looked at her incredulously, “What, me, calm down? How am I supposed to calm down? I don’t know my name, or- or anything about me! How am I supposed to calm down?”

Hinata sighed, “Listen, maybe we can…” Go looking around town? She had a reception to get to, and who exactly knew why this man might not have his memory, maybe it was for a good reason. Maybe she shouldn’t be tampering with this stuff. Maybe she should have just left him sleeping up there in the tree.
However, the more dominant part, the sweet part of her, argued that maybe there wasn’t a good reason for him to have an apparent case of amnesia. Maybe he had somehow just bumped his head, or something.

Or maybe when he had fallen he had lost his memories…
Hinata wasn’t sure she liked that one because it meant that she might be partially responsible, since she hadn’t bothered trying to catch him.

She sighed, and then continued her sentence. “Maybe we can look around town, or ask if anyone might recognize you or something… I’m not sure what we should do.”

A voice from behind them however, stated that they would not be going anywhere.