TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Miko has exactly one week to master a "special" jutsu and finally pass that portion of the exams that she failed. Tita Ametsuba, her sensei suggests she seek out a technique developed by an old sage named Jinroku.

Miko, Tanzou, Shai, Tita, Jinroku, Shichidaime, Konoyaha, Reni Otokusa.
Miko ran through the Kaminari district streets of Sandagakure, passing genin who were busy reading up on their jutsu techniques, in preparation for their forthcoming exam.

Miko ran past everything and everyone, her lungs ached and her chest felt like her heart would burst out. She stopped to take a breather. "Oh....kay....just....a little....break....but that's....all...." She managed between huffing. She held onto a nearby tree for support while catching her breath. An old man walking his dog approached and the little brown doggie walked up to the tree and lifted up its hind leg. Miko noticed and sharply remarked, "On my new shoes I don't think so mutt!" She cried out "Iroppoi-Kemono no Jutsu!" and transformed into a very tall (6 foot) canine-lady, with long wavy pink hair and buxom/curvy features. "Well hello big boy!" She said to the doggy with a wink and a kiss. The old man's jaw dropped and he froze with fear. "What is that thing!?" He panicked. Miko changed back and continued on her run. The little doggy's eyes were replaced by big red pulsating hearts.

Miko finally reached her two-story house that once belonged to her renown parents, but now it was used by Miko alone. She charged open the front door and immediately went for the library, searching for scrolls. "Scrolls, scrolls...c'mon I know it has to be here somewhere!" Miko said as she looked all over the room, moving plants, vases, and paintings.

By the end of the day, Miko had turned the house upside down looking for any such scroll that may have helped her parents master a jutsu much faster. But alas there was no such thing to be found in the Makato residence. Miko closed her front door and stepped off the doorstep. She couldn't help but to watch the sunset, it was metaphorical and real at the same time: "another horizon in her life sets away..."

Miko headed for Yondaime Park, a place where people could go to relax and walk their pets. It was founded by the fourth Gorokage. Miko came to the park, and it was nearly deserted by this time of the evening. She sat on a green wooden bench, that was adorned with Qilin on each side. She held her face in her hands and tried not thinking about graduating or ever seeing her peers again. She didn't really have any friends, so to her they were just "peers," nothing special. But they did mean something to her, they were sort of a measuring stick, they didn't judge her as much as all of the older people did. Lady Otohime was constantly nagging to all of the children about how great their parents were, and so in return the children should surpass them. This never came to play in the instance of Miko, Otohime would pass her on the playground, and would smile place a hand on her head and ask her "How have you been girl?" and then walk away, never any mention of Miko's parents.

Miko's eyes welled up, but she refused to cry, she would not give into weakness...but it was no use, tears flowed when she thought about Shai and how she now chose not to acknowledge her. And all of the other chūnin, how life was constant for them, yet Miko seemed to just replay the same life story day-after-day. "It took all of us a long time to become Chunin." Miko remembered Shai saying. "In fact it took us a few years longer than genin from other shinobi countries, since our chūnin exams aren't as widespread as the Fire Country's." Shai added. Remembering only caused a sting in Miko's heart. Knowing that her peers were once at the same level, took the same tests, same amount of time, yet all passed while she in return subsided back into the shadows...

"What's a pretty girl like you doing crying her eyes out in a lonely place like this?" An older man asked standing from behind the bench. "This is a failure's resting point." Miko replied. "Failure...I don't know about that..." The man said. Miko looked up with a raised eyebrow, "What are you talking about old man!?" He held his chin and thought a moment. He was garbed in black attire and had graying brown hair and gray eyes. He wore a silver headband with a kanji on it. "Well...you ARE the legendary daughter of the Makato Couple aren't you!" He said. "Yeah..." Miko replied. "Whose skills and assets surpass even her parents'." The man added. "Yes!" Miko agreed. "Whose untamed lust for knowledge can never...be tamed...!?" He said. Suddenly Miko felt more encouraged than ever. She stood up, "That's right, I'm Miko Makato, legendary ninja!" The old man looked her over, "Oh wait I got it all backwards, it was you're parents that were spectacular and could do all of that cool stuff. Sorry for giving your hopes up." He replied. Miko froze in place, looking ice-crystal blue, as the older man sat on the bench and proceeded to read a newspaper.

Miko began stepping on the old guy's head repeatedly. "Why you nasty, mean, vulgar, old coot!" she shouted as she stomped. "Ouch, hey, hold on a sec!" He pleaded. "You mean trickster!" Miko shouted again. Then it came to her, she thought about what Tita-Sensei had said: "There was this great shinobi, his name was literally 'Jinroku the Dunce,' for he was always playing tricks on people and not paying attention in class. He developed a secret technique that helped me to pass my final examination." Miko slowly stopped stomping on the guy's head and looked down. She realized that one she was stomping out was in fact the "Risu-Senpai" himself.

Miko laughed nervously and itched the back of her head. "I am really terribly sorry for that!" She apologized. "Can we be friends, I'd really love to know what kind of jutsu you know!" she added, holding her arm behind her back and drawing a line in the dirt with the toe of her shoe. "Gee I don't know, friends don't usually try to stomp one another out like lit doggy doo on fire!" Jinroku replied. "Oh please Master Jinroku, I simply must know what Jutsus you've developed in your wise old age!" Miko responded. Jinroku's complexion paled and the tissue fell from his bloody nose. "Now you're cracking jokes about my age!?" "Please, oh please, oh please!!!" Miko pleaded unrealistically. "You know kid you're not very good at begging and you're certainly not any better at acting!" Jinroku noted. Miko looked up at him and stood up, "Fine then, I’ll just go and develop MY OWN special jutsu trick and then I WILL become a chūnin and everyone WILL SHUTUP about my parents being so great!" She said turning to leave. "Hey wait a minute!" Jinroku called after her, causing her stop in her tracks. "So what's all this talk about 'jutsu'?" He asked. Miko turned back to see the palm of the man's hand glowing a pale white then green then finally a blue-green light glowed from it.

"That, is that the 'secret' technique?" Miko asked in awe. "What this?" Jinroku replied, "Maybe, I know so MANY jutsus that it's hard to keep track of them all." He laughed. "Will you teach me the technique, the one you taught Tita-Sensei so she could pass her exam and also become chūnin?" Jinroku's face became serious for a moment, he remembered hearing that name: ("Tita Amatsuba, she was just a kid when I taught her that jutsu, and I specifically recall telling her NEVER to tell ANYONE about it...ah well, Miko IS a special case and I suppose Tita has a good sense of judgment, better than me anyway.") Jinroku thought. "Well okay kid, I'll learn you this technique but YOU and only YOU may know of this, which means not your friends, not your dog, not even your teacher may know of the wondrous splendor that is the "Chakra Borealis!" Jinroku announced. "WOW it already sounds cool." Miko said excited. "Cool? Kid you haven't seen anything yet!"

Five days later...

Miko Makato sat at her usual spot, a hardwood desk by the window, the two teams of twenty chūnin were assembled outside already an where awaiting command. Tita-Sensei entered the classroom, she tied her blue hair up into a ponytail and adjusted her glasses. "Good morning!" she announced. "Good morning Tita-Sensei!" the rest of the class responded, Miko's voice among all was the loudest. Tita's attention turned to Miko. "Ah Miko, I see here that you are scheduled to be seen by the chunnin exam board today?" Miko nodded excitedly, "Yup, that's right!" Miko answered. "And you seem more excited than ever, then I'm guessing a certain little 'trick' worked out after all?" Tita said with a wink. She chuckled before the door opened and a chūnin officer wearing a mask similar to Kakashi entered. He approached Tita and whispered something into her ear. "Oh yes that's correct." Tita pointed to Miko and waved for her to approach. Miko darted from the seat and practically blew into the two. "Okay I'm ready, let's go, let's go already!" Miko chided the chūnin officer. "Well, I guess she IS ready." Tita said to the officer. "Okay...let's go." The chūnin officer said leading Miko to the exam room.

Miko was lead into a large oval room with dim lights, it sounded hollow and your voice echoed when you spoke. Before her was a table with three Shinobi residing. "Today's chūnin board committee will be temporarily replaced by the Washi-Seijinn; Konoyaha, Reni Otokusa, and the Gorokage himself. Although they are only temporary, there final decisions stand, meaning that if you, Makato Miko are selected as a chunnin, it sticks, understood?" The officer explained to Miko. Miko nodded, "Uh-huh." "Good, then please approach the table and state your name what area of the exam you wish to retry." Miko walked up to the table, there were three distinctive faces attending. The first on the left side was Lady Konoyaha, with her long luscious auburn hair and violet eyes. She was young and beautiful, and her skills with birds made her legendary as the Eagle Sage. Then the Seventh Gorokage, the youngest Gorokage to be chosen to date sat on the right side. His goldenrod spiked hair and sun-colored eyes made it a little difficult for Miko to concentrate. He was always smiling, unless he was in a council meeting, where he always appeared to be distressed. And lastly was Lady Reni Otokusa, she was Shai's mother and was a beautiful lady. She was a highly revered medical nin, and was the oldest of the present three but to look at her you would think she is the same age. Her hair was very long and a bright shade of blond, and her eyes were snowy white. "Please state your name." Konoyaha said. "Makato, Miko." She announced. This caused the Gorokage and Konoyaha to turn to Reni for confirmation. "And what area were you failing in?" Reni asked, almost is if not noticing. "Jutsus..." Miko said. "Yes, jutsu can be very complicated and it is important that a shinobi knows how to control his chakra and flow of jutsu." Reni replied. "Go ahead and give us a demonstration of what you have made up for." Gorokage said. Miko Nodded.

Miko stepped back, twelve feet from the table. "Why are you standing so far away young Makato?" Reni wondered. "Because this jutsu is gonna blow the roof off!" Miko said with grin. Konoyaha raised a brow and attempted to stand when Reni's hand on her shoulder made her recline. "Go ahead and state the name of your Jutsu." the Gorokage said. "My jutsu is called..." Miko started performing the appropriate and simple three handed sign to make up the jutsu. "Chakra Borealis Jutsu!" Miko's palms blowed a faint white shade, and bubbles and rays of light swam up to the center of the area. "What-is that?" The chūnin officer asked, approaching it. "I wouldn't go near that if I were you!" Miko warned. The officer backed off. "I have it set for defense mode, but this jutsu is a chakra feeder." Miko explained. "Chakra feeder?" Konoyaha wondered. A sated smile appeared on Gorokage's face, he immediately knew what the jutsu was and recalled Jinroku, the Risu-Senpai himself teaching it to him: ("And remember, YOU and only YOU are to know this jutsu. Not your friends, not your family pet, not your girlfriend, not your stuffed bear!") Gorokage chuckled to himself as he remembered the experience. "As the final part of this section of your re-examination, please state what type of jutsu this is and use it would have to save a loved one's life." Reni said.

Miko stood in thought. "Well...It's a...ninjutsu...and" Miko said. Reni nodded, checking off Miko's form. "Reni, are you sure about this jutsu?" Konoyaha whispered to Reni Otokusa. "In this early stage it is harmless, right Lord Gorokage?" The Gorokage nodded, "It took me three weeks to just get the simple pattern-handsign down, but when I did I had learned a pretty valuable jutsu." he said. Konoyaha's eyes fixated on Gorokage, this tidbit of his life was unknown to her. She returned her attention to Miko. "Miko, your answer please, you have only fifteen minutes to go." Konoyaha reminded.

"Well, I would use this jutsu to save people from DYING!" Miko announced. The three board members were taken back by the emotional response. "I would prevent MY friends from DYING in battle, and I would use it to suck away all of my enemies chakra and restore my own so that I could save my best friend from dying, and even kill the enemy shinobi if I have to!" Miko said fiercely and determined.

The three members spoke among themselves, then Reni spoke. "Makato Miko, it has come to our attention that you have display the knowledge and mechanics of ninjutsu, an area of which you previously had difficulties with. And you have displayed an appetite for success that is rarely seen these days from shinobi your age." Reni said. "You have also shown that you know when it is necessary to kill in order to save one's life, and that not all battles can be won with a 'happy ending'." The Gorokage said. "I still think that you're in over your head with this 'secret' jutsu..." Konoyaha started, "But you have tenacity and you passed only a week after your initial examination." Miko's eyes lit up. "Congratulations Makato Miko, you will now be registered as an official chūnin shinobi." Reni said with a smile.

The Chunin officer took Miko's form, added another, filled it out and placed it in a box with a stack of others. He picked up a chūnin vest and approached Miko, "This vest means that you have expressed the know-how and mastery of the shinobi way, and that you are now a chūnin. However there is still much more to learn, and with the battles to come may you be reminded of your know-how when it calls for it." the chūnin officer said, handing Miko her vest.

It was an emotional scene, the three examiners stood clapping, Miko's eyes watering, but this time for the good reason. "Thank you." She said looking up at the window, where a small flying squirrel sat peeping in, looking with its cute purple eyes. "Tell him I said thanks!" Miko whispered to the squirrel. The furry creature cocked its little head and glided off the building, soaring above the streets. It finally came to a small wooded area, where a man garbed in black, Jinroku lay in a tree bough playing an ocarina. The squirrel glided across and landed on his shoulder. Jinroku stopped playing and glanced at the squirrel, "Oh you're back, so how'd she do?" The squirrel chirped and chipped into his ear. "Well that's just fine, I knew she'd get it. If the Shichidaime could master that technique, then so could Makato Miko." Jinroku said, as he began to play again.
Chapter end notes: Exposition Arc...