TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Pictures of Home by Ayama123

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Inspired by ‘Naruto: A Different Beginning’ by Matsuo Ryuuki and ‘Faith in Humanity’ by karrafear. And by the poetry of John, and the songs, ‘A Little Fall of Rain’ and ‘On My Own’ from Les Misérables, the ‘Voice of Truth” by Casting Crowns and ‘Fallen in Love’ by Darlene McCoy.
Also inspired by all the pictures of home given by the people in my life.

Dedicated to Yunjin, a women who I never truly known but put such strain upon my heart when she passed away. She was a true woman of kindness and love who moved the hearts of many. Please read the following story out of realization that terrible things do happen to you but in the end you will find yourself laughing once more.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto and all characters and original series belong to Masashi Kishimoto. But I do own the plot.
Pictures of Home
Inspired by ‘Naruto: A Different Beginning’ by Matsuo Ryuuki and ‘Faith in Humanity’ by karrafear. And by the poetry of John, and the songs, ‘A Little Fall of Rain’ and ‘On My Own’ from Les Misrables, the ‘Voice of Truth” by Casting Crowns and ‘Fallen in Love’ by Darlene McCoy.
Also inspired by all the pictures of home given by the people in my life.
Dedicated to Yunjin, a women who I never truly known but put such strain upon my heart when she passed away. She was a true woman of kindness and love who moved the hearts of many. Please read the following story out of realization that terrible things do happen to you but in the end you will find yourself laughing once more.
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto and all characters and original series belong to Masashi Kishimoto. But I do own the plot.
________________________________________
“Obito!” a young girl cried running to her comrade, whose injuries stood great. The young boy had his entire right side crushed by a fall of rocks. She ran to his side, “Obito, why?” she asked herself. Next to her she could hear the angry words of her fellow shinobi.
“What kind of leader, what kind of Jounin…?!” Kakashi spat, his fist banging the ground in frustration.
“…Hey…No…Forget it…” the young Uchiha managed to say, “Hey the only one who didn’t give you a present, right?” he said softly . Kakashi looked up, unable to say anything out of stun.
“What would be good…I was thinking…and now I’ve come up with it, and don’t worry it’s not useless baggage,” he muttered as if laughing, “It’s this Sharingan of mine.”
The girl stared at her friend in tears. Emotions of regret and pain filled her very soul. She blocked out all the voices of her friend and shuddered with fear.
“No, this can’t be happening, this is a dream…no, Obito!” she cried to herself, rubbing the water out of her eyes.
“Rin, with your medical jutsu, please take out my Sharingan and implant it in Kakashi’s eye,” Obito coughed. Rin nodded and turned to Kakashi, who was still taking in the shock.
“Kakashi, please come here so we can start quickly!” Rin instructed turning to the Jounin. Kakashi paused and merely stared.
“I’m going to die anyway but I can become your eye and see into the future…” the dieing teen said. Rin inwardly sobbed as she quickly undid Kakashi’s bandages and performed the medical jutsu, removing his damaged eye and replacing it with Obito’s Sharingan.
“The guy is still out there, I’m going to take care of him,” the Hatake stated, clenching his fist after the operation had finished. Rin nodded and inched closer to Obito.
“Kakashi…” Obito began his voice fading, “Take care of Rin,”
“Right,” said his voice from above. And when he left, Rin felt a sudden wave of emotion and her heart lurched in pain.
“Obito, don’t leave me,” she said softly stroking the boy’s hand, which she clutched tightly.
“Too late for that,” was the soft-spoken reply. She let out a sob.
“Demo…” she wept.
“Rin, please don’t cry, you need to be strong and great, you’ll be a great person for me, right?” he said reaching for her face. She nodded and wiped away a tear then grabbed his hand to guide it to her wet cheeks. And as she cried inwardly in sorrow, something caught her eye. The boy’s holster had been strewn aside; the girl reached over with her other hand and brought it to his palm.
“It’s your holster and your goggles,” she said with a forced smile. The boy coughed and then laughed. “Obito, can I keep them?” she asked clutching it to her chest.
“Ah,” he muttered, “Don’t forget…me…”
“Never,” she said stroking what was left of the boy’s face. A sound was heard from above the girl and when she looked she gasped at the site of their enemy.
“Rin…” Obito uttered. Within a moment’s time, the adversary fell to the ground and behind him stood a panting Kakashi.
“Kakashi…take Rin and get out of here, the Enemy’s Reinforcements are coming…for sure…” Obito instructed. But he was given no response.
“Obito,” the girl murmured as she stood, still holding his hand.
“It’s fine, just go!” Obito ordered, flicking away her hold.
“Rin!” Kakashi’s voice called, his hand reaching for her. Rin shook her head, she couldn’t leave, and she didn’t have the will to desert the boy who lay before her. Kakashi sighed in exasperation and anger. The girl was so stubborn some times. Then a booming voice cried out a jutsu from behind. Kakashi’s eyes widened in fear and turned rapidly.
“Rin, hurry grab on!” he commanded shaking his hand that was reaching towards her.
“Rin!” Obito cried, his body in pain but his heart in turmoil. Rin took one last look at the boy and then grabbed Kakashi’s hand, who pulled her up instantly.
“Obito!”
________________________________________

Before long, their companion’s name was written upon a hard slab of cold stone. And regrettably even more names were carved upon its sad surface. For on the dim day of the tenth of October, the dreaded Kyuubi monster fox, plundered the village leaving its Hokage no choice but to give his life and sacrifice the life of a new-born baby, his own son. During that same day, the infant’s mother had fallen to the gift of death, leaving the young boy to fend for his own self. Left fighting in a world that saw him as a threat, a danger and labeled him as an anathema.
Three years had past and the Third Hokage sat in his office looking thoughtfully at the photograph of Yondaime, the Fourth whom gave his life so willingly for the forgoing life of Konohagakure.
“Team 7: Mission Complete!” two voices called from behind the aging man. The man coughed as the smoke from the Transportation jutsu cleared away.
“Well done, you two, but that is highly expected from Yondaime’s students,” he laughed turning to face the staid faces of Kakashi Hatake and Rin. They were a team of genius and strength, known for never failing a mission. And with the Sharingan and one of the best medical ninjas, it was highly anticipated of the young ANBU team.
“You may leave,” the Hokage said to them, motioning with his hand.
“Permission to speak, sir!” a strong voice suddenly asked.
“Granted,” he uttered, confusion mixed within his tone.
“What of the request I made exactly three years ago?” Rin inquired, her face emotionless but her eyes filled with hope.
“Request?”
“To take guardianship of the boy, sir,” she reminded him. Kakashi looked anxiously, back and forth between the Third and his partner, completely unaware of the situation.
“The Uzumaki, I may recall?” Sarutobi murmured through the smoke of his pipe.
“Yes, sir,”
“Rin!?” Kakashi whispered with surprise, his uncovered eye peering at her with concern.
“This is a complicated position to ask for…” the Hokage began. His weight shifted, repositioning himself on his chair.
“No one else is doing it!?” she said, emotion within her voice.
“Rin…” he murmured calmly.
“Sir, the boy’s mother had asked me to do so! You cannot deny me that!” she shouted, stepping forward.
“Rin the village is still recovering and I am certain that the words of your teacher will allow them to accept…”
“I have watched him, sir, no one cares for him, and they have no thoughts that a separation exists-the looks they give him-it’s too much for a child to bear,” her eyes closed tightly revealing the pain she held within her.
“Rin, this is insanity, what you ask for,” the Sharingan user informed, turning to the medic.
“Hatake-san, it wasn’t you who had the boy’s mother die in your arms and it wasn’t you who she had entrusted the life of her boy to,” she said frigidly, meeting his gaze sharply. To this the 16 year-old remained silent and stepped back and glanced back at the Hokage. It seemed as though the Sandaime was in deep thought, stroking his beard, looking at the ground.
“Give me three days to decide, Rin,” he said sitting straight in his chair. The girl’s expression softened, her eyes filled with gladness. She bowed low.
“Thank you, sir,” she said with happiness, as she returned to her standing position and turned to leave the room.
“But Rin, will you not give the village another chance?” the Hokage asked gently.
To this she replied, “They have been given their chance, sir, and if given another, nothing will change.” Her eyes narrowed in resentment as she left the room, her gaze unable to see anywhere except for the ground she tread. The team walked out of the tower in silence, only the sound of their footsteps treading upon the ground could be heard.
“Rin, how come you never told me?” Kakashi asked as they walked out of the Hokage Mansion. Rin shook her head.
“It was something you didn’t need to worry about,” she said softly, “But please forgive me for talking so rudely to you before,” she said apologetically, pausing in her step turning to him, worriedly.
“Forget it, I was being annoying,” he said with a laugh.
“No, that’s not it! I was angry and I felt insecure, I shouldn’t have spoken to you that way,” she said insistently. Kakashi smiled underneath his mask.
“It’s fine, Rin, really nothing to worry about,”
“Hai,” she mumbled looking at the ground. An awkward silence consumed them; making them tenser then they would normally be.
“So did Kushina-san really ask you to take care of Naruto?” he asked, breaking the silence. Rin nodded silently, staring intently at the dirt floor, her thoughts taking her back to the dreaded day.
________________________________________
“Push,” Rin instructed the woman besides her. The lady screamed in pain as she delivered a newborn boy. Rin half-smiled as she cleaned the baby as best she could, they were all covered in blood. She had to hurry the situation the mother and the baby were in was not good and their location wasn’t the best to give birth as well. It was a small clearing amid the forest ground and was while huge demon was attacking the village. The woman had attempted to fight even when pregnant but collapsed when her water broke, and thankfully a promising medical ninja had been there to help her to bring her baby into the world. Rin laid the boy in his mother’s arms. The new mother agonizingly lifted her hand to caress the crying newborn.
“What are you going to name him?” Rin asked holding the woman up. She looked thoughtful and a tear ran down her face.
“Minato always had a craving for ramen, I think I’ll name him Naruto after the kamaboko, he’ll like that,” she said softly, her voice fading, “Uzumaki Naruto,”
“After his grandmother,” Rin said smiling touching the soft skin of the boy. The woman nodded and held her son closer to her.
“Naruto,” she said softly and then after kissing the boy’s face she handed him to Rin. “Rin, take him to Minato,” she ordered. Rin baffled, took the boy from his mother and held him tightly.
“What?” she asked, in fear.
“Rin, just go!” the woman instructed, forcefully pointing to a man in the distance. Rin nodded sadly and ran to her sensei, who was preparing for a suicidal jutsu, the Dead Demon Consuming Seal, a technique which the great man had created himself, involving the awakening of a shinigami and evidently risking one’s own life. Rin, though, hadn’t known much about it but knew that then he would never be seen by her eyes again. Rin gave the boy to his father, who set him within a circle of candles and seals. Rin turned away in tears as the Fourth Hokage prepared his own son for the sealing. When finished he turned to Rin and affectionately patted her head.
“Rin, it’s alright, don’t cry,” he said rubbing some of the tears from her face, “Stay strong,”
Rin nodded, “That’s what Obito asked me to do before he died,” she said sadly clearing her eyes, “He asked me to be strong and not to cry, he told me to be a great person,”
“And you will be,” he said embracing her, “Say goodbye to Kushina for me,” he told her, “Tell her that I love her,”
“Hai, sensei,” she said returning the hug.
“And tell Kakashi not to be so cold anymore, tell him to move on,” he said and then handed her a scroll, “Give this to my son when he becomes the right age.” She nodded and took the scroll.
“Rin, I am very proud of you, you were like a daughter to me,” Yondaime said holding her shoulder, “Without you I wouldn’t even know my wife…” he smiled, “Rin you have a lot of talent, use it well, and be someone great, don’t reject Obito’s words, because he is right,” he stood with his son in his hand.
“When it’s over, let the village know that Naruto is not the monster, he was the person who protected them from it,”
Rin nodded slowly and hugged her teacher for the last time.
“Goodbye, Rin,” he said, and with the baby in his arms he did some hand signs and brought his palm to the ground, “Kuchiyose no Jutsu!” he cried. Smoke and gusts of wind instantly filled the musty air and the teen girl covered her eyes with her arms. A large toad now stood before her, making the girl tremble with fright, she fell on her back and slowly inched away as the enormous amphibian prepared to jump. And when it did, Rin felt part of her soul die away, she grasped the grass that was under her and she cried.
“Not you too, sensei!” she screamed, unable to withstand the thought of losing another one close to her.
“Rin!” a voice called from a distance. Rin turned and saw Kushina attempting to stand. She quickly ran to her, scolding herself for ignoring the injured woman.
“Kushina-san!” she cried, running to her side. The woman collapsed onto Rin’s shoulder and was panting heavily. Kushina sighed and put her hand on the girl’s other shoulder.
“Rin, please take care of Naruto, let him know about his father and his mother, don’t let him be alone,” she said her voice dieing.
“Demo…”
“Rin, please! Promise me!” she shouted.
“…Yes, I promise…” she said at length, sadness in her eyes. Kushina smiled and sat on the dirt ground.
“I want to be buried with my husband, here in Konoha,” she said staring into the distance with half-closed eyes, “Not in Tsubasa no Kuni, alright?”
“What are you talking about! Kushina -san you can still make it! Hold on! Please, I don’t want you to leave too!” Rin cried, seizing the woman’s hand.
“Rin, it’s too late, when I fell, my spinal cord was injured and I can’t fell my legs anymore…Rin, you are very important to me, and I don’t want you to worry…”
“That’s what everyone is saying! Please, stop it! I don’t want to…I don’t want any more deaths, first it was my family, then Obito-kun, I don’t want you and Sensei to go to!” she shouted, her grip on the woman tightening.
“Rin, tell Naruto I love him,” she said lifting her hand to the girl’s face.
“I will, and sensei says that he loves you,” Rin said holding her hand.
“That I know but I…want Naruto…to know…what love is…” Kushina said finally, her eyes closing, her muscles falling limp. Her hand wilted like a dead flower in Rin’s palm.
“Kushina!” she cried, bending over her body hugging it tightly, “No, Kushina-san, no!”
“Rin! Are you alright!?” a voice asked urgently. Rin looked up to see who the voice belonged to.
“Kakashi!” she sobbed, hugging him, her face wet with tears. Kakashi’s face lit with surprise and then noticed his sensei’s wife laying dead behind Rin. His face softened and held Rin tightly.
“I’m sorry, Rin,” he said as they were suddenly immersed in a bright light coming from a man standing with an infant in his arms. A deadly roar was sounded, and the village then stood safe. A crying baby was left with a mark on his stomach, three streaks on each soft cheek. The dwelling was branded and the demon sealed.