TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Letters to God by Archaic Aphorism

[Reviews - 14]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Just, ah... feelin' a bit angsty. I think Butterfly can relate to what I'm ranting about.
God;

People disappoint me. Or maybe, I disappoint them. Probably, we all disappoint each other, and everything just seems to go downhill.

You know, I'm indolent and a natural procrastinator. I confess. The thing is, once I get my lazy ass into gear, I'm all efficiency and perfection. Whether it be a school project or a simple drabble, I try to do my best. It's important to me, because, hell, if I'm going to do something, why shouldn't I do it the best I can. Seriously! If I'm going to work, then why work for a crap-ass result? Might as well go the whole way, since I'm already up.

I like TONFA. I like what the mods have done, I like the privileges they grant us with images and html capabilities. It's a freedom which most other archives don't allow. And for good reason.

TONFA has gone out on a branch for us authors and given us these privileges when other sites would not, because people abuse them. They post stories consisting almost entirely of images and what little writing they include is of the lowest quality. And not because the writer isn't capable, but purely because it doesn't matter to them.

I love TONFA, but I can't stand much of the stuff archived on it and a large portion of the composing population. I recently submitted a rather critical constructive review on a story I was interested in. I was succinct and honest in my opinions, though I made suggestions and pointed out the good things, too.

What irks me- no, damn right pisses me off (because I'm pissed off enough to use swear words)- is what the author said in response:

"Im like 18, goof around all the time, and mostly write random storys with no real plot, wich are badly written. You are also probably the first person who actually took a review seriously"

Okay, ignoring the lack of apostrophe usage and spelling errors (and at age eighteen, that's quite sad), take a look at the last sentence. Damn right pisses me off.

I understand that reviews are supposed to be all, "Yay! OMG, I loooooved it! LAWL! XD Amazing! Plz update soon! I lurve it!" and junk like that which gives the author good feelings and motivation to keep writing. Yes. I can approve of that (please with less chatspeak, though. Spare us all.) But they are intended to be serious, and I sincerely hope that I am not the first person to take them seriously. There's a huge problem if I am.

Yes, reviews are to praise stories and make the author happy, but they are primarily meant for constructive criticism and helping fellow author's improve their skills, etc. I would love to get more constructive criticism in reviews, but it seems that he is right. I am the only one who really takes them seriously.

(Don't get all pissy on me now that I've said that. I don't want a million and one comments left on this saying that "I take reviews seriously, too!" I'm not saying this to have you whine at me about it)

But, really. No wonder the quality of things on TONFA is going down. Nobody cares, and the people who do get brushed off like some joke.

Damn right pissed off.

Go to hell, God.
-Archaic
Chapter end notes:

And yes, Sushix, if you are reading this, I don't like you. All's fair is fair. And I declare this fair game. I liked where you story was and where it could have gone, I just wanted to make suggestions to make reading it a bit more enjoyable. If you didn't want them, I'm sorry. You had every right to say what you said. Problem is, what you said still pissed me off.

I'll probably end up writing you an extensive apology note in a few weeks, if that makes your sorry ass feel any better.

And I'm a she, thanks. Asshole. A guy wouldn't get this worked up over something like this.