TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Love Blossoms From Strange Places by milliexchan

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I'm not too fond of this chapter, I think it's a bit too short...

Anyways, please review if you like it =)

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto
Hinata pressed a hand to her mouth, trying to suppress the bubbling laughter threatening to escape as she watched Ino stand on one leg, reciting the alphabet backwards. Beside her, Shikamaru and Choji fell about laughing, thanking their lucky stars that Ino had chosen a dare, which would’ve been bound to cause hilarity. She eventually sat down, after trailing away towards the end, and everyone agreeing she’d done her best. By this point, almost everyone had already had a go. Lee had downed an entire bottle of rum, and looked a bit worse for wear in the kitchen; Sakura had admitted that yes, she had met a boy on holiday, and yes, she had kissed him. It was shortly after this that Lee had decided he’d do the dare. Neji had done the chicken dance, much to the whole group’s amusement; Tenten had stripped to her underwear and ran down the hallway outside Shikamaru’s apartment, then back again. Neji was too drunk to be strict as he usually was, and had laughed along with everyone. Naruto had confessed that his first kiss was Sasuke, long ago and by accident in their classroom at the academy. Choji had crammed an entire cream doughnut into his mouth, without spilling a drop of the filling on himself. Shikamaru told everyone that yes, he was the one who’d been caught napping while on duty outside the Hokage’s office.
The only people who hadn’t had their turns were Hinata, who was leaning against Kiba, her eyes glistening from laughing, Kiba himself and Sasuke, who was sitting opposite them, next to Naruto. Ino was huddled with Sakura, giggling and whispering to each other. Slowly, they turned their heads to look at Hinata, who instinctively shrunk into Kiba’s side as she saw the hungry look in their eyes.
“It’s your go Hinata-chan!” Sakura said, staring pointedly at Ino as she said it.
“Truth.” Hinata said, not trusting their suspicious looks.
She fell for their trap anyway. They knew she’d never pick dare. And they had one truth they were dying to know.
“Hinata, in all honesty, have you ever had sex with Kiba-kun?” Ino said, leaning towards the Hyuuga.
The whole room went quiet. Kiba flinched, and looked down at Hinata, whose eyes were wide with surprise, looking right back at him. Ino let out a nervous giggle as she sensed the awkwardness.
“Come on, answer. We’re all friends here. And if you don’t answer you have to... kiss Sasuke-kun!” Sakura chimed in, laughing.
Kiba looked down at Hinata, who was now blushing a deep crimson. He felt fiercely angry with Ino and Sakura, and his fists curled into balls.
“You can’t ask stuff like that. It’s not your business.” Kiba said slowly, deliberately, looking them both in the eyes.
“If you’re so bothered, you can kiss Sasuke so Hinata doesn’t have to answer or do a dare...” Ino said, pouting at how her idea had backfired.
Sasuke stared at Hinata throughout this exchange, unable to take his eyes off her face. She was flushed now, her eyes watery with embarrassment; they kept flickering up to Kiba’s face and then to the floor. Her fingers twiddled together on her lap, and suddenly she was 16-years-old again, confessing to Naruto on Valentine’s Day. She was twelve again, trying to pick up the courage to speak out. She was 8-years-old again, getting caught stealing strawberries from the kitchen. Sasuke watched as Kiba gripped her hand tightly in his own for a brief second, before almost snarling at Ino and Sakura. Hinata raised her hand and touched his arm, shaking her head. And then she looked up, straight at Sasuke. He gulped, his heart rate speeding up to what he thought must be unhealthy. Her lips parted slightly as she sighed in exasperation. Her eyes closed slowly, and then she opened them again, looking at Sakura and Ino pointedly.
“I don’t really think it’s your business who I’ve s-slept with.” She said, trying to keep the shake from her voice. “And I won’t answer your truth.”
Ino smiled slyly, sharing another look with Sakura.
“You’ll have to do the forfeit then, and that’s a kiss with Sasuke-kun.”
Sasuke held his breath as she said it again, not able to raise his eyes to look at Hinata. He could feel everyone’s eyes on him as he sat there, and could feel an embarrassed heat start to rise on his usually pale skin. Dammit, he thought angrily, calm down.
“Sasuke-kun, that’s your dare too. Kiss Hinata-chan.”
Sakura’s voice made Sasuke’s head snap up to look at the group again, his eyes staring at everyone wildly. He looked like a wild animal, a deer caught in headlights. His expression made Naruto start chuckling, and soon most people were laughing. Everyone but Kiba, Hinata and Sasuke. Everyone but them.
*
Hinata looked at Kiba, her favourite person, the only one she’d ever trusted, and saw the anger in his eyes. His jaw was clenched as he glared across the circle at the Uchiha. She almost smiled as she looked at him; so protective, so noble. She raised her hand and gently laid it against Kiba’s cheek. She didn’t care what everyone else thought of their friendship. She couldn’t care less about some stupid game, and she certainly wasn’t about to tell them private things.
“Ano, Kiba-kun? I don’t mind doing the dare, if it’ll get them to shut up.” She said quietly.
His head jerked around to look at her, his eyes wide in disbelief.
“You’d kiss that teme, just to protect- “
The look on her face stopped him. Her eyes shone with resolve. She’d made up her mind. He realised that she didn’t care about truth or dare; she cared about him. She didn’t want to lose face in front of her friends either, no matter how petty this game was. He watched as she moved towards Sasuke, as the whole group stopped laughing and was silent in anticipation.
*
Sasuke looked up and was met by her violet eyes, so pale, so close to his own. He could see his face reflected in them as she edged closer, his own eyes widened, his face flushed. He cursed his pale skin, and opened his mouth to speak.
“Gomen, Sasuke-kun. I want them all to sh-shut up, so I hope you don’t m-mind, but I’m going to take the dare.”
She’s nervous, he thought upon hearing her slight stutter.
They sat opposite each other now, him cross legged, her kneeling in front of him, hands flat on the floor. His heart sped up as she leant towards him, and he held his breath suddenly. Her huge, pale eyes closing as her face inched towards his. He tilted his head ever so slightly as her lips reached his, stopping only a centimetre away. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment, her breathing was quick and shallow. Every exhale was torture for him, as her sweet breath hit his lips, making goose bumps rise on his arms. Suddenly, her lips crashed into his, with no warning at all. He instinctively closed his eyes, his hands reaching up to cup her face. Her lips moved against his delicately, soft as rose petals, and he let an involuntary gasp slip out as their kiss deepened.
*
Hinata struggled to remember where she was as Sasuke let out a sigh against her mouth, his lips pressing harder against hers. It wasn’t uncomfortable; he was gentle and his lips were smooth on hers. The hands that cupped her face were gentle too, holding her as if she were something precious, something breakable. A growl behind her made her eyes fly open, her lips break away from the Uchiha’s, suddenly remembering who was there. Sasuke’s hands dropped from her cheeks, and fell to his sides. He opened his eyes, and looked at her, his face unreadable. She backed away, realising her breathing had grown ragged. Her heart was sputtering uncontrollably as she took her seat next to Kiba. His arm immediately went around her shoulders protectively, as the room erupted in whoops and wolf-whistles. Looking across at Sasuke, she saw that he, too, was trying to calm his breathing. His eyes were still on her as Naruto clapped him on the back, laughing. Finally he looked away, a wry smile upon his face. And then it was gone, and he was expressionless again.
*
Kiba had insisted on walking Hinata home, even though he was just as drunk as her and not much use at all. They stumbled together through the quiet streets, giggling like school children as they did so. Finally they reached the Uchiha compound, it’s gates looming above them in the darkness. Kiba grabbed Hinata’s hand, pulling her to a stop. Akamaru huffed, pottering up the road a little way and flopping to the floor there to wait for his friend.
“Hinata. Do you need company tonight?” he smiled a crooked smile, his head cocked to one side.
Hinata giggled, looking up at her best friend, who was framed against the starry sky, his face pale in the moonlight. She knew how easy it would be to say yes, that she would like him to stay. Sp easy to take the Inuzuka’s hand and lead him around the back way, to her room. Through the window they’d tumble, she could see it now, the way his arms would encircle her, how his tanned skin would look against her own pale skin. But the kiss earlier... The kiss with Sasuke.
She shook her head lightly, trying to shake away the feelings that welled up in her chest. It was wrong to think this way. Uchiha Sasuke was a bad person. He hurt Naruto, and broke Sakura’s heart. Maybe she did want the company tonight. Maybe Kiba was exactly who she needed right now. He’d worked for her last time she’d been confused; last time she needed to work things out. Reaching up on tiptoes, she kissed her best friend’s cheek. He smiled down at her, running a hand through her long, dark hair.
“I remember every part of last time.” He murmured, pulling her close to him, breathing in her scent.
“Kiba-kun... Last time was...”
He smiled, leaning down to kiss her jaw.
“Different? I know. This time you need me to take your mind off different things, right Hinata-chan?”
She trembled a little as he kissed her neck, the warmth and familiarity of it making her heart race. But this was different. It was different to the way her heart had leapt when he had kissed her. She didn’t want to think about that anymore.
She snuck Kiba through the servant’s entrance and to her room, silently and stealthily.
Chapter end notes: Again, please, pleeeease review. All criticisms walcomed!