TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Love Blossoms From Strange Places by milliexchan

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So, here's the next chapter. no one really seemes to be that interested, but i'm still gonna do it, it gives me respite from searching for home, which i'm having major problems with atm! lol...

anyways, i know the characters seem a little....different but...meh...thats the way its turned out.

enjoy!


i do not own naruto
Hinata lay face down on the ground, panting. Kiba’s attack had completely caught her off guard- what was she thinking? She heard the floor pound as her teammates ran towards her.
“Hinata-chan!? Are you okay?” Shino knelt by her side and helped her out of the mud.
“Hinata-chan, gomenasai!” Kiba said, pale-faced.
“I’m fine.” She said, dusting herself down. “Really!” she added, seeing their apprehensive looks.
“Are you sure Hinata? You’re usually much more on the ball. Is something distracting you?” Shino asked, patting her head.
“It must be my good looks and wonderful charm. No lady can resist!” Kiba said, winking at Akamaru, who looked as if he really wished he could roll his eyes.
“Well, whatever it is, maybe we should call it a day. See you later.” Shino said, darting off as soon as he’d finished speaking.
Looks more like there’s something bothering him, not me… Hinata thought, watching him disappear over the hill of the training grounds and towards Konoha.
“Bah, why did Shino go? I was hoping I could persuade him to come to some karaoke with us!” Kiba said, coming to stand next to Hinata.
The girl shrugged, picking up her backpack. She’d made lunch for everyone again, a habit she’d gotten into in their early days of training together. Now the bag felt so much lighter, and she smiled as she eased it over her shoulders. Kiba whistled to Akamaru, jogging a little to catch up with Hinata as she set off down the pathway.
“Oi, Hinata-chan? Do you still want to go to karaoke with me tonight? I’m sorry about yesterday, I just felt bad about Tsuki-chan and thought I should spend some time with her…”
“Shouldn’t you have thought about her when you were ‘spending time’ with other girls?” Hinata asked scornfully, playfully pushing the brown-haired boy.
Kiba smiled sheepishly, pushing Hinata back. They walked on.
“You know me too well.” He said after a while, watching Akamaru bound through the long grass up ahead.
Hinata smiled up at him, not for the first time realising how tall Kiba had grown. He smiled back, placing a hand on her head, messing up her hair and laughing a little as she squirmed.
“I told you I hate that!” she said, sticking out her tongue.
“That’s why I do it!”
“Teme!” She ran at him, but he was one step ahead of her and already halfway across the field.
She laughed at him, running fast to catch up as Akamaru barked at them both for being so foolish. Suddenly, she lost sight of him amongst the trees that bordered the field, and she stopped, scanning the woods for any movement. A shadow flitted between the trees, and she quickly used her Byakugan to see where they were headed.
A figure ran through the woods quickly, and she ran after them, laughing to herself.
Now I’ve got you! she thought, cackling inside her head. The figure seemed to have stopped in a clearing not far from Hinata, where she stood on the outskirts of the trees. Creeping soundlessly forwards, she prepared for the ambush, closing her eyes and counting to three, before launching herself into the clearing…
“I found you!!!” She yelled, leaping at the figure, deactivating her Byakugan and faltering as she saw the person’s face, stumbling upon a loose root and falling, falling very slowly towards the ground.
She slowly opened her eyes again, her nose just inches from the floor, strong arms holding her up. Scrambling upright, she threw those hands off her, turning to face him angrily.

*

Sasuke couldn’t help but smile at her angry expression, her face the deepest red possible as she stared at him. I don’t know why she’s so annoyed. After all, I did save her from a broken nose…Probably. He looked down at the floor and then back at her again. She’s really cute when she’s angry he thought to himself.
Hinata stood in front of him, her hands clenched into fists. Stepping closer to him, she opened her mouth to speak.
“Hinata-chan, gomen.” Sasuke said before she could say anything.
Hinata’s mouth hung open for a few seconds before she quickly closed it again, looking at the floor.
“What are you doing sneaking around in the woods anyway, Sasuke-kun?”
“What are you doing jumping out of bushes at people?”
Hinata blushed again, looking away towards the trees.
“I was chasing Kiba.” She said, beginning to scan the area with her Byakugan.
Sasuke knelt down and picked up his training bag, which had been lying by his feet. He then walked around the clearing, gathering up his kunai from the surrounding trees. It was obvious he’d been training.
“Aha!” came Hinata’s voice “Found him.”
Sasuke watched as she ran off into the woods without another word. She really hates me. he thought to himself mournfully. What have I done?

*

Kiba and Hinata walked down the pathway towards his house, laughing and joking. They were having such a fun time that they didn’t notice the two people stood outside the gates to the Inuzuka household until they were almost upon them.
“Kiba-kun! Hinata-chan! We’ve been waiting for you for ages!” It was Ino, with Shikamaru. “We wondered if you guys wanted to come to a little party tonight? As long as you don’t have missions or training or whatever?”
Hinata looked at Kiba quizzically. What about their karaoke plans?
“Sure.” The dog nin said, glancing at Hinata to see if she thought it was a good idea. She rolled her eyes, sighing as she did so. Ino noticed.
“If you have better things to do…” she began.
“No, I’ll come.” Hinata said. “What time will it be?”
The friends stood discussing the party arrangements for a few minutes, before Shikamaru started yawning and Ino dragged him off to hers ‘before he was too tired to make out’. Kiba mimed throwing up behind their backs as they left, much to Hinata and Akamaru’s amusement.
“Why did you agree to go?” Hinata asked Kiba as they sat in his living room a few minutes later.
The boy drained his glass of water and shrugged.
“Thought it might be interesting. Plus, have you seen Ino’s cousin? She might be there, and I know she was looking at me last time…”
Hinata rolled her eyes again; smiling as her friend recalled the last party they’d been to. It had been at the Naruto’s apartment, and chaos had ensued. Everyone got really drunk, and the house was a mess the morning after. Ino’s cousin Michiyo had been there, and it was safe to say she had everyone’s eyes on her, the whole night, much to the annoyance of Ino and Sakura (both of who’s boyfriends had been included in the ‘everyone’). That was over a year ago now and so much had happened since then. Sakura and Lee had broken up after 2 years together. Naruto and Sasuke had become even closer since Naruto’s apartment had been redecorated and he’d lived at the Uchiha compound for a month. Ino and Shikamaru had come clean about their relationship. Neji and Tenten had moved in together. Most of her friends had there own apartments now. It was only her team and Sakura who still lived at home with their parents.
She accepted the drink Kiba had been shoving in her face for the last few minutes, apologising for having drifted away for a bit. Kiba pouted at her, laying his head in her lap. This was the one thing no one ever understood: how Hinata had gotten over her shyness and was able to be so close with someone. Well, it was all because of the Inuzuka himself, the one who was singing a nursery rhyme at her at this precise moment, just to make her laugh. And she was thankful, because without his unfaltering friendship she’d definitely not be over Naruto right now, and she’d in no way be more confident about herself.

*

“Hai. I’ll come down to yours and we’ll walk from there.”
Sasuke hung up the phone and stretched his arms above his head, yawning loudly. He padded barefoot across his kitchen and looked into the fridge: 2 bottles of beer, ketchup, mayonnaise and some salad. He needed to go shopping, but that could wait. He selected one of the beers, sat himself down on the sofa, putting his feet up on the small table in front of him and sipping the cool beverage, savouring the bubbles that fizzed in his nose each time he took a gulp. Smiling, he glanced at the clock. Another hour until he had to meet Naruto and go to this party at Shikamaru’s. And so another hour to relax.
He picked up the remote and flicked through the channels for a while, finally giving up when all he found were reality TV shows and adverts. He left the TV on some show about girls trying to find the perfect husband, and went to throw his empty bottle in the bin, grabbing his jacket as he did so. Then he walked silently along to his bedroom, brushing his hair and then styling it with wax. Then he went to the TV, switched it off finally, and decided to meet Naruto early.

*

Hinata smiled at her reflection. Her pale eyes stared back at her from the face of a pretty, pale girl. She stood up from her dressing table, and pulled off her top, standing in her bra while she selected the shirt she planned on wearing. There was a tap on the glass of her French windows, causing her to drop the shirt and shriek loudly. The sliding door opened and Kiba stepped into her room, unabashed by her near-nakedness. Hinata quickly grabbed the top from the floor and pulled it over her head in a swift movement.
Kiba smiled wryly, “Its not like I’ve never seen all that before Hinata-chan.” He said.
Hinata blushed deeply, and turned back to her mirror, flattening out the hairline creases that had appeared on her cotton shirt. Sighing, she brushed her hair as Kiba flopped onto her bed, ignoring Akamaru’s whining from where he had been left in Hinata’s private garden.
“How did you get in anyway? Father’s stepped up security ever since Konohamaru-kun was caught in Hanabi’s room.” Hinata continued brushing her flowing black hair as she spoke, watching Kiba in the mirror.
He lifted his head, smiling at her.
“I charmed your maids so much, they let me come through the back way. Said I was your suitor. Couldn’t bare to be away from you.”
Hinata laughed a little, standing up again. Kiba followed suit, looking her up and down unashamedly.
“You look awesome. Trying to impress someone?” He asked, stroking her cheek softly.
“Not you.” She said, turning to leave the room.
Kiba grinned, following her with Akamaru in tow once he’d been released from the garden. They walked through the gates of the Hyuuga grounds, following the turn of the road towards the upmarket apartment building not far from Hinata’s home. As they neared the stairs up to Shikamaru’s flat, they could hear the music pouring loudly from the windows. It made the air vibrate.
“Think I’ll get lucky tonight?” Kiba asked, hugging his best friend tightly.
“You always do.” Hinata said, looking up at the boy affectionately.
Another thing no one ever understood. The affection. But she didn’t care. Kiba understood her better than anyone else ever had. If he weren’t such a…manwhore…she’d probably want to be with him.

*

Uchiha Sasuke stood at Naruto’s door as his friend rushed in for the third time, having forgotten something else. The dark-haired boy checked his watch, noticing that they were beyond fashionably late now, and when Naruto finally left the apartment, he grabbed the blonde by the arm and pulled him all the way there. They arrived at Shikamaru’s apartment to the sound of loud, thumping music. The door was thrown open by an extremely drunk Ino, hair flying around her face, a bottle of sake in her hand. She shrieked, grabbing both ninja in a bear hug.
“Soooo glad you could maaaake it!” she said, leading them through to the lounge.
Shikamaru sat on the sofa next to Choji, playing a computer game noisily. Lee sat by them, commenting on their moves, giving advice. Through the doorway to the kitchen, Sasuke could see Kiba acting the fool to an audience hidden behind the door. Upon hearing a small, clear laugh, he knew it was Hinata. Neji and Tenten sat on the floor by the stereo, arguing over music.
“Not many people are here.” Naruto commented.
“Shino’s on his way in a little while, and Sakura will be here soon too! Also, the sand siblings are in Konoha on a diplomatic visit, so they said they might pop in.” Ino smiled drunkenly at her friends as she spoke, turning and staggering over to the stereo to turning it up.
“I loooove this song!” she cried, swaying her hips in time to the beat.
Sasuke raised his eyebrows at Naruto, heading into the kitchen for a drink. Hinata leant against the sink, her hair loose and flowing over her shoulders and down her back, its blue-black sheen shining in the light from the kitchen lamp. Sasuke stood and took in the image of her smile as she laughed at Kiba’s jokes, not for the first time, his breath was taken away by her image. He quickly averted his eyes when he noticed Kiba looking at him curiously.
“Ano… Kiba, where’s the beers?” he asked, looking around the compact kitchen.
“In the fridge, but Hinata-chan is in the way!” Kiba said, pointing to where Hinata’s slender legs blocked the way.
Sasuke coughed, bending down to get to the fridge. Hinata moved her legs a little, so as to allow him access to the fridge, as Kiba swayed drunkenly towards her. She stumbled a little, reaching forwards to stop her friend from falling flat on his face. Thankfully for the dog nin, Naruto walked in at that moment, pulling Kiba backwards and leading him out of the kitchen. Hinata, feeling the effects of the sake she’d been drinking with Ino, completely lost her balance, crumpling right on top of Sasuke as he grabbed a bottle from the fridge. He caught her, just as he had done earlier that day, but this time his hand brushed against her soft hair, causing Sasuke’s heart to flutter. He carefully lowered her to a kneeling position in front of him.
“I think you’ve had a lot to drink, Hinata-chan.” He said, noticing that her hand clutched his t-shirt.
She mumbled something incoherent, and he leant a little closer.
“I’m okay.” She said, pulling her hand away as if she only just noticed where it had been.
He helped her to her feet, feeling his face heat a little as she flipped her hair back out of her face and looked at him closely.
“Arigato, Sasuke-kun. You seem to be making a habit of catching me. Gomen.” With that said, she left the room to find Kiba.
Naruto quickly entered the kitchen to find Sasuke staring at the space where Hinata had stood, a contended expression upon his face. The Uchiha shook his head, realising he’d let the mask slip a little, and quickly returned to his usual nonchalant attitude. Naruto, understanding that he’d seen his friend in an uncommon vulnerable moment, decided to let it go, and grabbed a beer, dragging Sasuke through to the lounge, where everyone seemed to have begun dancing. Hinata swung her hips by Kiba, who danced close to her, his eyes smiling as his arms encircled her waist. Sasuke couldn’t take his eyes of them as they danced, wondering what Kiba had that made Hinata open up so much. It was only a few years ago that she stuttered all the time. Thinking about it, he hadn’t heard her stutter at all for a long time now.
The door opened with no one really noticing it, as they were all having such a good time, dancing crazily. A pink haired girl stood in the doorway, smiling.
“I’m here!” she shouted over the music, repeating herself a few times before Ino noticed her and ran over.
“Oi, everyone, Sakura-chan is here!” The blonde girl yelled, dragging Sakura into the middle of the room. “Now! Now we can play…truth or dare!” Ino finished, smiling over at Shikamaru, who sighed and rolled his eyes.