TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


For the love of a Friend by Smurd

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, Sasuke, the village of Konoha, or any thing, person, or place in the following work of fiction. Every person, place or thing in this story is property of Masashi Kishimoto, and not of me.
"So, what's our mission today, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto questioned.
"Nothing, I've got a mission myself, Jonin only, you understand."
"It's okay, I kinda had a rough night anyway."

As Kakashi disappeared in a puff of smoke, Naruto climbed up on his roof, layed down on his back, and watched the puffy fluffs of white in the sky drift by.
"If only Shikamaru were here." Naruto thought with a chuckle, but then his thoughts turned a little more glum.
"If only Sasuke were here....." Naruto thought with a grimace. Tears started welling up in his eyes, but he blinked them away, Sasuke was his best friend, and he had abandoned him. And with that last thought he drifted off to sleep.

"CHIGAW!!!!" A bird screeched from over head, waking Naruto from his peaceful slumber. He looked up at the bird and scowled, he knew that bird well, it was a summoning bird, his summoning bird to be exact.
"Darn bird, darn Granny Tsunade, dang it all." Naruto thought aloud as he stood and bound towards the hokage's office.

He practically busted the door of the hokage's office lobby down with anger towards her.
But seeing Sakura calmed him down.
"OI! Sakura-chan!" Naruto shouted with glee.
"Hey, Naruto-kun, I'd love to talk, but the hokage said to send you right up, no lolly-gagging around, I swear she's so strict sometimes," Sakura, the unusually pink-haired girl, with whom Naruto had been not-so-secretly infatuated with for years, said cheerfully, "you better hurry, it sounded quite urgent." Sakura picked up a stack of paper and headed towards the door. Naruto, on the other hand, started upstairs.

Naruto reached for the knob of Tsunade's office door, but before he got there, the door swung open and caught him right in the nose as a startled Shizune stepped out.
"Oh, I'm sorry, Naruto, "Shizune said uneasily, "but get up, Tsunade's waiting."

Naruto picked himself up off of the floor and rubbed his red nose.
"Aww, Shizune, now I look like Rudolph, good job." He said complaining about the now glowing part of his face
Shizune couldn't help but giggle at Naruto's innocence.
"Heh, sorry, Naruto, but hurry on in, now."

Naruto started in the office.
"Hi, Tsunade-sama! Oi, Iruka-sensei,Kakashi-sensei! Hey, Kakashi, didn't you have a mission today?" Naruto blurted out, seemingly, all at once.

"Naruto, we need totalk to you about something of the up-most importance." Tsunade said.

"Oh no!" Naruto thought, " They don't know, do they, they can't know about me meeting with Sasuke, they just can't!"

"Our sources tell us," Tsunade started, "that you, have been meeting with a certain rogue ninja. One Uchiha Sasuke, is this true?"
"I was trying to-"
"IS THIS TRUE?!?"
"Yes, but I had to, he's my best friend"
"You realize this is treason?"
"No, I was trying to bring him back to the village!"
"Alone? Yea, right, it's treason, and the punishment for treason, is, as you know, death.
"No, I swear, I wasn't-"
"It's too late for that, but there is one way to escape this punishment."
"How, I'll do anything."
"One mission, you must go on one mission, but, trust me, it's not as easy as it sounds."
"Wha..what is it?"
"You must-"