TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Your Love Keeps Me Warm by milliexchan

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So, this is a reply to the letter from Kiba that Swords_and_Bandages wrote. I really liked the original letter. this reply has taken ages to write, because its been difficult to think how Hinata would have reacted. Hopefully it's okay =)


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Kiba,

Summer...

Summer to me is the time of hazy days. The gardens at my home are heavy with the scent of flowers, the sun beats down upon my head, and I sit in the shade to read. Often, I felt enough freedom in the warmth to strip off my jacket, to walk amongst the blossom trees in full bloom.

I remember well the hornets incident. We hadn't been a team for long, yet I still came to see if you were alright at the hospital. When I got there, your mother was giving you a stern telling off.
I left the flowers outside your door.

Those first missions... You were so excitable, Akamaru would be yapping, bounding around with you. Shino was so quiet, the complete opposite of you. But you put your all into those missions, be it gardening or deliveries, and I could see how tired you were by the end of the day. Akamaru would be perched on your head, worn out too.

I have always admired Naruto. His determination to do well, his willpower. These were things I didn't have. At the chuunin exams, the evidence of this was all around. I was torn when the two of you fought, not knowing who to cheer for.
Don't hate me, Kiba, but I was a little bit glad to see the underdog triumph.
When you got hurt, I was worried. You have always been a good friend to me, always looked after me.

I decided from then on that I would do better.

The summer is upon us again, and the air is buzzing with excitement. This summer, I suppose I will spend it the same way I have for the past few years. With you, Akamaru and Shino, doing missions.

Kiba, I may have been shy when I was younger, and half-blinded by my infatuation with Naruto, but I was never stupid. I noticed all those times when your eyes would linger on me a second longer than everyone else, when you awoke me for my watch with a soft touch, and a gentle voice. The look in your eyes mirrored my own when I looked at Naruto.
But as the summers have come and gone, he has grown and changed, and drifted away. Part of me can't stop loving him. But the rest of me could change.

You have always been my friend, as I said before. All those summers, all those years spent with each other, night and day. When the stars come out, and the air is cooler, I sometimes think of you as I look up at the sky. I suppose I have spent too long shedding tears over someone who will never love me back. And yes, I have spent many a sleepless night thinking of him.
Innocence escapes with age, and as we grow older we will never share those special, heady summer days again. But I know that there are more days ahead, days in spring when the morning dew rests upon your sleeping form, under the trees with Akamaru. Days in Autumn, when your face lights up as you kick the fallen leaves, sending them swirling around us in the chill breeze. Winter days, when the snow lies thick on the forest floor, and although you are cold, you lend me your favourite jacket as I shiver next to you.

I'm not scared of winter.

I know that when it comes, your love will keep me warm.

It's not just summer love Kiba, that you should know by now.




With all my soul,
Hinata.