TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Night, The Sand, and The Wind by Swords_and_Bandages

[Reviews - 6]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

I'm stuck on At the Hour of Our Death (I got the plot in my head- but the chapter arrangements might be changed), so I'm writing one-shot love letter stories again. If you'd like to reply to this from Sakura's POV, knock yourself out. Just leave a review saying you wrote it, and I'll check it out. All reviews, advice, constructive criticism, and such are welcome.

Sorry if this seems a little OOC.
Sakura,


Sleep was something I could never afford. To me night is merely a time of the day, for I barely find relief because I cannot sleep without causing dire consequences. It is the only time I can be alone with my thoughts now. Night seems like a glorious thing because of that. But my thoughts haunt my every waking hour. I somehow wish that the sun shall never go down, so that there will always be someone else awake- someone else to trouble my mind so that I can ignore my most haunting thoughts. But as sure as the sun falls in the west, night falls to make people go to sleep. I am left alone again, and my thoughts come back to haunt me.

The wind. Whistling past me, it is my only refuge. For the wind can hear your thoughts, and whisper back to you. None knows of the language the wind speaks, yet few fail to understand it. I gladly welcome its cold, fleeting embrace. At night, it is my only solace. All because of one thing, and one thing only.

I still can’t sleep, but at this moment I would fall into its darkness without hesitation. Let the night claim my mind, so my thoughts will no longer be haunted.

The sand. It flows as time passes, yet it never disappears. It flows, solidifies, and crumbles to flow again. It is my shield. It is my weapon. It is my means to achieving my purpose. Yet it can never help me erase the thoughts troubling my mind. And those thoughts are thoughts of you.

You. The one who will never allow me sleep even if I wanted to. The one who will haunt my every waking moment for as long as the sands of time shall flow. You are my blessing, yet you are my curse. You are my angel, but you are my demon. For only you can give meaning to the tattoo on my head. For you accurse my thoughts at every hour. This… strange feeling inside, you are the cause of it. Yet I know you shall never feel the same way. I can only take comfort in the fact that you won’t feel its pain.

You are lucky. You can cry for the one you have lost. I can never weep. You are blessed, for there is someone who worships the very ground you tread upon. Someone whose heart and purpose are pure. Someone who makes life worth living. He has saved your life while at the same time I attempted to end it in blind rage. His hands are unblemished. My hands are stained with the blood of thousands. Men curse the very air I breathe. You should return the feelings he has for you. Naruto deserves you. I don’t. All I can hope for is that through this letter, you can understand. Understand that fate has smiled on you and given you a significant other, and understand that for a moment, however brief, I loved you.

May the wind carry you into his arms, and may the wind blow me away.

With a tear that I can never shed,
Gaara