TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


WITCH by xREWIND

[Reviews - 12]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is disclaimed and there will be shonen ai, if you don’t like it, then fuck off. You have been warned. It probably is not historically accurate since I am doing this all from middle school American history memory.

Before reading: The story itself is set in a courtroom in America, during in which the witch trails ensued, meaning AU.
Chapter One

------


“He’s a demon,” one man declared.

“The foulest one of them all,” a woman cried.

“I can’t believe I let my son get so close to him,” another woman agreed.

“He ought to be hanged!”

“Hanged?” a woman shrieked, “he should not be hanged… He deflowered my daughter! It is unjust to have him simply hanged!”

The blond lad sat there, soaking in all the mockery and false accusations towards him. His skin, once a golden tan, now pallor from the stress of the townspeople. His sun-kissed locks of what used to be untamed hair drooped from the days of disdain from his once so-called home and long walked the fine line between life and death.

“I object!” his strong will, quickly flooding back to his finger tips as he gripped the wooden posts, “I clearly have witnesses stating that I was at the bakery that fine Tuesday evening! The baker himself, by the name of Ichiraku and his lovely daughter, Miss Ayame served me a nice, delicious helping of cakes and tea,” only to be held at the point of the freshly sharpened pitchfork, held by the town blacksmith.

The broom boy watched the trial in interest with his obsidian eyes. He had seen this fellow, Uzumaki Naruto walking to his cot nearby the one that he, too lived in. This fellow couldn’t possibly be guilty!

The smell of rotting wood enticed their senses, the rain beating down upon the eroded rooftop. It has been eight moons since the shingles have been last replaced. God seemed not to have liked this building for it spoke of nothing but injustice, biased and of the corrupted judges opinions. This newly appointed judge, Orochimaru, a Spaniard whom is probably no different.

“I heard the screams that night, my ears have not failed me yet, I may not look it but I am of twenty eight summers only!”

“And I’m of sixteen! It is a disgrace and utterly horrendous to defile a young maiden.”

“Why sir, how can one be in two places at once?”

“I wasn’t! I was clearly eating a fine dinner at Ichiraku’s bakery!” he screamed.

“I saw you, you filthy offspring of Satan.”

“Order in the court,” the judge—Orochimaru commanded.

Naruto sat down, reproachfully of his outburst. He deemed it was not the proper time to loose his sanity and self control.

“Your honor—” Naruto was interrupted by that woman again.

“I saw him! I swear on my father’s grave that I saw that boy upon leaving my cot!” The crowd gasped. No one ever spoke such ill deeds unless they were positively and completely honest and trying to prove a point.

“Let the boy speak, you old hag,” one man, above the influence, shouted.

“Why, I’ve never…”

“Your honor,” he steadied his voice, “I was simply eating dinner at the bakery. There is nothing more to say and nothing else to say. I have witnesses. Will you not decide in the honor of justice? Will you shame our country for letting an innocent man be put to his death?”

“I will decide in the name of justice, don’t you worry.”

Like hell you are, Sasuke thought, just like the many others before you.

Sasuke wanted to put his two cents in the debate but continued sweeping and remained aloof, intently listening; aware that all the odds have turned on the blond haired man. He had loved this job, the inside information in the courtroom was worth the demeaning position in society.

“Your honor,” a voice familiar to Naruto shouted, “I, Inuzuka Kiba was with him prior to the night that it happened. I had dropped off Uzumaki Naruto at Ichiraku’s Bakery in person.”

“What was your purpose upon arrival? He made it pretty clear that he did not bring friends with him.”

“I bought a loaf of bread for my dear departing sister, on her journey to Baltimore.”

“A lady on her journey, alone? What kind of a man are you?” Orochimaru poked at Kiba’s codes of a man.

“She is a bounty hunter, well capable of protecting herself. But that is beside the point, the whole trail is focused on Uzumaki Naruto, not me and my point is that I had escorted him to the bakery before my departure. That being all said and done, three witnesses have already been tried to prove Uzumaki’s innocence.”

“How much did he pay you?” the woman demanded.

“Why nothing, ma’am. I am here on the sole basis of freeing an innocent man.”

“Lies,” her voice seemed anguished, “if it wasn’t for that demon child, I would still have my lovely daughter with me today. She deserves justice!” She screamed out the last word.

“I was clearly at the bakery!”

“Two places at once? I think not! I saw you with these two eyes, fleeing from my cot. I do not believe my eyes deceive me,” she bellowed hysterically.

“You, ma’am, if I could I would damn you to hell. Not in all my years as a human being have I seen a woman as deceptive and foul as you!”

“Did you hear that, you honor? Only true words spoken by the devil! Even if those words were true that still doesn’t explain the possibility of how he could be in two places at once.”

Orochimaru spoke, “there is only once logical answer and reasoning to this…”

“WITCH! WITCH! WITCH!” the townspeople and the jury chanted.

--

The audience was moved outside of the courthouse.

“I was never a holier man than I am now. I have not sinned nor have I committed adultery. I lived my life by the Ten Commandments and lord, have mercy on my soul. Wisk me away from these poor excuses of human beings that we’ve all become,” Naruto pleaded to the heavens.

“Here is a broom,” Orochimaru shoved it into Naruto’s hands, “if you fall off this cliff and die, you are innocent and may god bless you. If you fall of this cliff and make it out alive, flying through the air on that broom, you are a sinner and will be condemned to a burning at the stake.”

He took a glimpse down the seemingly endless cliff. Surely if he fell at such a height, death was promised.

Spitefully and feeling unjust he called out to the wretched woman with her false accusation, “I wish you an eternity of damnation.”

“That is enough, let the judgment begin.”

Orochimaru gripped onto Naruto’s shirt tightly, pulled him close and pushed him off the cliff, propelling him off.

--

What is a witch really?

A witch is a human being.

A human being that is gifted with supernatural powers.

People fear witches.

People fear the superior.

Ordinary people fear witches just simply because they’re different.

--

So, I’m going to die… just like this. Momma always did tell me to not trust strangers… I’ll best be seeing her again, soon if I’m lucky.

The gush of wind rushed to his face. His hands had long let go of his shabby broom. No man can mount a broom and fly up. Magic simply did not exist in Uzumaki Naruto’s knowledge. His half lidded eyes slipped into a slumber, free falling to his doom. If not his nonexistent supernatural powers will save him from a painful and bloody death, then his body will; not feeling any pain is the most peaceful death of them all.

--

Uchiha Sasuke had never admired someone for their determination until this lad came along. He often watched Naruto work on the fields all day from his employer, Jiraiya. The windowsill in the courthouse gets ‘dusty’ often.

He deemed this case unjust.

He knew Uzumaki Naruto was not a witch for that Sasuke himself, was now mounted on a broom, soaring through the air as fast as he could possibly go.

He willed all the magical essence inside of him and flew onward.

Naruto couldn’t possibly be a witch, unconscious as he is; Sasuke dived and felt the wind rush through his unruly hair.

Sasuke smiled; which was rare, life that revolved around avoiding peasants that would punish and condemn him if they ever found out he was a witch.

It didn’t matter, he was sick of this cruel joke these idiots were playing. People one dislike is often shoved off that very cliff for false accusations. The world can do without these morons.

--

Orochimaru cracked a grin but carefully and quickly turned the smile into a more solemn, false frown; a façade he decided that he shall now take.

“It seems to me that logic has failed us once again as dear departed Uzumaki Naruto is not a witch. Let us take a moment of silence and pray for his young soul.”

“I told you he was innocent!” Kiba shouted.

“Silence!” Orochimaru’s voice boomed, “Let us mourn.”

The sea of peasants looked towards the cliff and prayed silently.

--

He caught the falling blond.

SUCCESS, his mind cheered.

Sasuke steadied the both of them, with Naruto barely hanging on him. He hoped that the blond wouldn’t fall. But since he was a magical being, that could be fixed, instantaneously.

Shit! Dead end. Damn these cliffs to hell.

Realizing there was no other way to escape but from the route Naruto originally had taken, he flew up top.

“Let us now return to our peaceful homes once again and put away this unruly chaos and evil and mourn on this Sunday evening,” Orochimaru concluded.

Sasuke had attempted a concealed exit but failed due to the fact that everyone was looking his way upon his arrival.

“What the devil?!”

“Why, that was our broom boy!” Orochimaru gasped.

“Witch!” the peasants chanted once again.

“Why that man is kidnapping Uzumaki!”

“Get him!”

Sasuke flew away as fast as he could, ignoring the frightening mob, ignoring the shrill screams they produced, and most importantly, ignoring the numerous threats directed towards him.

There was only once place that was safe to go to now.

The hidden town of the witches.