TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shipwreck by Rani

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is my first story so please be very straight and tell me EVERYTHING that I did wrong! But NOT in a MEAN way.
Thanks! ^^
“I can’t believe my luck…” Jake uttered.

“You act like I’m not even here man,” retorted Jose, secretly.

They both had survived the same shipwreck. Walking out of the cold salty water of the ocean, in a good condition after seven hours of doing the breaststroke to an island unknown to them, the two boys sat leaning against a tree. Taking a nice rest after their journey from the “Queen”, they stared out to where the ship once was.

“Do you think anyone else survived?” asked Jake.

Jose shrugged and took a few glances at his surroundings. The scenery was so beautiful that it almost seemed unreal. Like this place was made to simulate a beautiful exotic island. The sand was so soft and clean. The air was so clean and refreshing. The trees were tall and full. Everything looked so perfect and wonderful. The sounds of the animals, which were in what seemed to be a jungle, made it feel so natural and peaceful.

“I’m hungry. Where am I going to get food? How will I survive?” Jake began complaining about his safety and survival.

Jose soon grew very irate with his pampered whining. He stood up and brushed off the sand from his behind. “This could be a tourist island with all that new artificial crap; this is probably a known island.”

Jake ignored his statement and continued to rant on and on about himself and how he knew how to signal for help.


Jose ignored everything he said and disappeared into the jungle. He was still very tired from the swim but was very confident that there was a hotel or some place he could stay at.

A little after he had left he heard Jake calling for him. “Wait up! You shouldn’t leave people like that. What if some natives had come?”

The boys stumbled over overgrown tree roots as they continued to go deeper into the jungle. Pushing branches and a few vines out of their way, Jose saw a figure passing to the left of him. He quickly followed it.

“Not so fast man. I’m still tired!” Jake complained as he matched Jose’s pace.

They continued to pursue the figure until suddenly Jose stopped, making Jake almost tumble.

“Why’d we stop so suddenly?” Jake asked, regaining his composition.

“I lost them. I don’t see them anymore,” Jose explained as he took a seat on a root.

Jake sat down also. He inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to get a little more energy. “How do you have so much energy?”

“I don’t. I’m just as tired as you,” Jose responded, leaning back onto the tree.

“Then why are we out here? We could’ve stayed at the beach,” Jake asked him leaning over his knees.

Jose shrugged it off, not feeling like talking. There was a long silence between them. They listened to the noises and watched everything around them. Jake seemed to be in a paranoid state, looking around frantically.

“This reminds me of that movie I saw!” Jake exclaimed breaking the silence between them.

Jose ignored him again as he looked for any signs of the figure that he had seen. All he saw was trees, vines, and a snake. It was a very unusual snake. Anytime he had seen a snake before they always had one head not three. In addition, the orange stripes and small purple dots on its black glossy body were not like any snake he had seen before.

He stared at the three-headed snake for a while before one of its heads snapped over and stared back at him. Surprised by this he almost jumped. Nevertheless, he stayed put on the root he was sitting on. He stared back at the snake, looking straight into its golden eyes. Then he slowly began to inch forward off the root and walk towards the snake in a trance. The snakes other two heads turned and stared at him pulling him, into a deeper trance. The snake started to grow larger and larger until it was much bigger than Jose was. He now stood right in front of the humongous three headed-snakes.

Jake fell over after seeing the snake, and stumbled back from it. He tripped over himself so much that he soon gave up and just leaned against a tree, stunned at what he was seeing.

The hissing of the snake’s heads brought Jose back from the trance. His vision was blurry so he did not see the monstrous snake in front of him at first. He rubbed his eyes clearing up his vision. He looked up at the King Kong like snake. He tired to run but he could not seem to get his legs to budge. He tired calling for Jake but he seemed to have lost his voice also.

Jake was watching the scene terrified, wondering how they were going to get out of this situation. He slowly stood up, using all his willpower. His body was trembling with terror as he turned around and made a sprint for his life.

“Run Jose!” he yelled back.

One of the snake’s heads slithered away to follow Jake. The other two of the snake’s heads began to attack Jose together at once. He finally gained control of his legs and ran out of the way. He watched the snake’s heads collide with the ground. There was a shriek and a thump coming from the direction Jake had ran.

‘What in the world is going on?’ Jose thought hearing Jake’s scream.

One of the snake’s heads rammed its body into Jose pinning him against a tree. The other head charged at Jose hastily. He squirmed under the weight of the snake that held him pinned against the tree.
As the snake got closer, it opened its jaws showing him its enormous fangs dripping with venom. He closed his eyes and prepared himself for the pain he was about to experience.

He felt hot air on his body. He opened an eye to see the inside of the snake’s mouth a few feet away from him. The both of the snakes collapsed. Jose fell to the ground. He pushed himself to a sitting position and looked around.

“What just happened?” he asked himself as he looked around.

“Well I believe that this snake has been slain,” replied an unknown voice.

Jose looked around for the voice frantically. He stood up supported by the tree and tired to get a better look around. “Where are you?”

Someone jumped down from a tree. The person was short so he thought it might be a little kid. The person began to walk toward him. “Hey kid. Can you take me to your village or where ever?”

The person ran out of the shade and shouted, “I am no child!”

He looked at the person he now could see was a girl. She was at least 5’ 3”; she had short messy black hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. She had a caramel skin color. Her clothes were torn and stained. She had scares all over her body.

He shook his head and looked around. “Where’s the person that helped me?”

“I helped you!” she told him as she got angrier.

Jose laughed, “You couldn’t help me! You’re just a little girl!”

“Go get someone else to help ya then ‘cause I’ve just decided not to!” she stormed off behind some trees.


“Hey wait!” he climbed over the corpse of the snake and went in the direction she had gone in. He didn’t see her anywhere so he gave up and leaned against a tree.

‘I wonder what happened to Jake,’ he thought before closing his eyes and falling asleep.


Jose awoke to people talking around him. He opened his eyes to see Jake kneeling next to him. He sat up and looked around. He was inside a hut made out of wood, mud, and animal skin.

“Where am I?” he asked Jake.

“We’re inside a hut! That some nice ladies have let us use,” he told him. “They came from a shipwreck too!”

Jose looked at the opening of the hut to see a girl around 5’ 6”, wearing a dress and she had long brown hair. She walked over to Jose and knelt down next to him.

“Hello. My name’s Clare. What’s your’s?” she asked politely.

“Jose. Nice to meet you Clare. And thanks for helping us,” he stood up and brushed the dirt off him.

“Would you like to meet the rest?” she asked as she stood up and headed out of the opening.

Jose nodded and followed her out along with Jake. When he came out of the hut, he notices that they were in some other part of the jungle. There is no grass and the trees had been cut down. There were many huts and people around.

“This is Andy,” she pointed to a little boy with brown messy, short hair. He had big blue eyes and a thumb in his mouth. He looked around three or four years old.

They waved at him and turned to the next person.

“This is Shan,” she pointed to the girl that looked like she was about to cry. She had short blonde hair. A long tee shirt and shorts.

They waved at her and turned to the next person.

“And this is Z,” she pointed to the girl that Jose had seen earlier. Her back was facing them as she tapped her foot on the ground impatiently. “Stop being rude Z and face our guest.”

She spun around on the heel of her foot to face them. She kept tapping her foot with her arms folded and a scowl on her face.

“What’s wrong with her?” Jake asked Clare in a whisper.

“I don’t know. She does seem a little angrier than usual,” Clare whispered back.

“I am not a child you ignorant bastard!” she yelled pointing an accusing finger at Jose.

“I’m not an ignorant bastard!” Jose yelled back.

“Weakling!” she retorted.

“Midget!” he screamed.

“I hate you!” they screamed at each other in unison.

“Z, you should behave yourself a little more in front of company,” Clare told her.

“He started it. He insulted me after I saved his pathetic life from the three head snake that was about to devour him!” she told her.

Jose shrugged it off and turned to go into the hut again. “Look little girl. You did not save me. I just had good enough luck I guess.”

“Then who did save your sorry a--,” Shan covered her mouth before she could complete her sentence.

Jose walked inside the hut and sat down on the cot the he had woken up on. Jake had followed him inside and sat next to him on another cot.

“You should learn to be friendlier! I don’t understand why you always act so mean,” Jake shook his head not understanding Jose.

“The little kid started it. Then she made up the thing about her saving me. How is a girl the size of a tree stump going to save me?” Jose asked.

“I’M NOT THAT SHORT!” Z yelled still outside of the hut.

“She has really good hearing,” Jake thought aloud as he rested back on the cot.

“How old is Z?” Jose asked curious to her age.

“Oh. Shan said that she is sixteen,” Jake told him.

“Really, she looks more like ten,” He was surprised that she was not a little kid.

“Are you guys’ hungry? Its dinner time and Z brought back a really good dinner,” Clare asked the two boys peeking her head into the hut.

“Umm sure,” they stood up, headed out of the hut, and followed Clare.

They went into some trees and walked into the opening, where there was two gigantic fish. Z was on top of one of the fish helping people cut large chunks off. All the men waited in line for their turn to get a chunk and bring it back to there family, if they had on, and cook it. There was some women in line also, only a few though.

“Z always brings back food for everyone. She’s actually the one that helped us all survive,” Clare told the boys as she took them in line.

“Wow, do you think you could tell us more about her? She seems so… interesting,” asked Jake as he watched Z pierce the fish with a long spear.

“Sure! I’ll tell you everything I know about her!” Clare smiled at Jakes’ interest in Z.

“You shouldn’t have been so mean to her man. I mean, she saved your life,” Jake nudged Jose.

“Shut up,” was all he could say. He was thinking about Z.

‘How can she be the one that saved me? How could she have helped so many people?’ Jose’s thoughts were shortened when a large quantity of fish landed on him.

“THAT’S PAY BACK FOR CALLING ME A LITTLE GIRL!” shouted Z.

Jose crawled from under the fish and looked at her. He smirked and picked up the chunk of fish with some of Jakes’ help.



Later on, that night when the sun had set and the stars had come out, everybody was asleep except Z. Jose woke up and creped up behind Z. He was about to try to scare her but she turned around and shook her knife at him. She pointed at her ears and turned back around.

“I have good hearing,” she told him as she began to do what she was doing before.

Jake looked over her shoulder and saw the snake from before. She had cut the snake up in sections and was skinning a part of it. He walked to the side of her and watched as she carefully separated the skin. Her hands were all bloody and her fingernails were bitten short. Her clothes had bloodstains all over it. She was completely covered in the snake’s blood. He looked to the other side of her and saw a few other snakeskins.

“Why are you the one doing this?” he asked her.

“The men need to stay with their families and help protect everyone in case something attacks,” she explained to him. If the men are gone and there are on women and children then how will this small village survive? It is better for only one person to go out there. Besides, I will not be badly injured.”

He nodded understanding a little bit more. “Can you explain what’s up with this island?”

“I don’t feel like talking to you. Go ask Clare in the morning,” she told him coldly.

“Whatever… midget,” he walked back to the hut, lay on his cot as he closed his eyes, and tried to fall asleep.

“I really do hate that guy Clare,” she mumbled as she continued to skin the snake.

“So you noticed I was here again? I really need more practice,” Clare appeared from behind a tree and a few bushes.

“Nah, you just need to stop hiding in obvious places,” Z smiled at her friend and threw the snakeskin onto the pile.

“You should really get to bed tonight,” Clare walked closer to her friend and put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“No way, there were some babies that were just born and I don’t want them to cry and annoy their parents while they’re naked!” she laughed a little and walked over to another section of the snake.

“You should take some time and get some rest for yourself,” she shook her head and walked back to her hut.



There was a loud shriek and a deep growl heard waking everyone up. Jose and Jake ran out of the hut to see what was going on. There was a massive jaguar attacking the village. It was destroying huts and anyone that was in its path.

Z charged at the jaguar with a large spear. The jaguar continued to demolish huts as some of the men surrounded it on all sides wielding their own weapons.

“First, aim for its nose and eyes!” Z yelled as she threw her spear into the middle of it eye.

The jaguar let out a roar of pain and began to stomp everywhere. The men did as she did and aimed for its eyes and nose. The jaguar leaped into the air and tried to flee away from them. Z took the other spear, which had a rope tied on it; she tied the other end onto her hand quickly and threw the spear at the jaguar hitting it on its back. She held onto the rope tightly with both hands before the rope yanked her away, she disappeared into the jungle.

Everyone stared at the spot where Z was last been seen.

“What just happened?” Jake asked still confused at everything that was going on.

“Z just went to bring back some new materials that we can work with. She will be back some time today. Now everyone please begin reconstruction,” Clare said to everyone calmly.

Everyone nodded and began to get to work on fixing huts and helping each other out. Clare walked over to Jake and Jose to explain how things go.

“When something like this happens, Z always leaves right away to collect new supplies and materials that can help us rebuild,” she told them as she lead them to some destroyed houses. “Now since you are men you will have to help with the fixing and protecting.”

“Won’t Z need some help bringing that enormous jaguar back?” Jack asked as he kicked some dirt.

“She won’t let the jaguar get that far from the village. She will have the corpse here by noontime. So don’t worry,” she reassured them and walked off to a group of women and children.

The boys began right away helping the huts be rebuilt. They picked up logs and tied them together using the stems off leaves that they collected from trees. Soon at least half of what was destroyed was now rebuilt by noon.

The men sat down and took a break and wait for Z to come back. Jose and Jack kept their eyes on the spot Z had gone. After at around fifteen minutes into noon the men heard rustling in the trees and bushes. Everyone stood up and waited for what was to emerge out of the jungle. There was a silence; everybody was waiting impatiently to see Z.
“I’m… back!” Z yelled as she emerged out of the jungle dragging something along.

The men gathered around and helped her pull the slain jaguar into the village. When the finally had gotten it in far enough Z collapsed on the ground, taking deep breaths with a grin on her face. She was injured by the jaguar and very tired from the eventful morning. Some of two of the men picked her up and took her to the women that were in a large hut made out of clay and rocks they had gathered from the beach. The rest of the men pulled the jaguar into the middle of the village.

“She really came back by noon,” mumbled Jose as he walked to the hut where he saw the two men bring her to.

He opened the door and walked inside to see Z lying on table as the women undressed her, cleaned and wrapped her wounds. Jose felt himself blush seeing Z like this. He was about to walk back out quietly. He crept towards the door but stopped when one of the women screamed pointing at Jose. The other women turned and sent glares at Jose. They all stood up, threw him outside after the punched, and bruised him a couple of times. Jose stood up hearing snickering from the men who had witnessed the scene just happen. One of the snickering men walked over to him and patted his back.

“You never go in there. Especially when a female’s been took in there,” the man explained.

“Thanks for telling me after it happened,” Jose, grumbled crossing his arms angrily.

“Well you never asked,” the man shrugged and walked away laughing.

Jose motioned for Jake to come to him. Once Jake had reached him Jose looked at him questionably.

“What?” Jake asked not liking the look he was receiving.

“Why isn’t anyone trying to get off of this “Island of Terror”?” he asked him.

“Why are you asking me? I’ve only been here for a day and a half!” he exclaimed.

“He’s just a retarded pervert, Jake,” someone declared coming from the hut where the women were.

“Who sai-” Jose was cut off when someone sucker punched him in his gut.

There was snickering from the women. “Don’t you ever try to sneak a peek at me!” the voice of Z boomed, standing above Jose’s limping body.

“I just wanted to see if they needed any help. But now that I know that’s how you respond to people trying to help you, I’ll never even look at your horrible face again,” he replied with a smirk tugging on his face. He stood up straight and stared down at her.

Z glared at him gritting her teeth. She grabbed his arm, flipped him over her head, and slammed him down on the ground. She huffed and walked away into the forest ignoring everyone telling her to rest.

“Ok everyone. We are going to make that jaguar some to use! Lets get that animal skinned! Separate the bones from the meat! And don’t forget to take the teeth out before we burn the unused parts!” Clare told everyone cheerfully.

Everyone went to his or her work. The women and children looked for any injured, and took care of them; cleaned the fixed huts. While the men kept, look out for anymore-dangerous animals, fixed huts, and tear apart the jaguar. It had been a couple of hours before the sun began to set. Z came back with an enormous bird. She had cuts and bruises here and there but she seemed fine. Everyone helped bring the bird all the way into the village as Z went into her very small hut.

“Hey I’ll be right back,” Jose told Jake as he jogged over to Z’s hut. “Hey Z?”

Z turned her head the best she could to Jose and took a glance at him. “Yeah what?” she asked as Jose squatted down.

“Can I ask you a couple of ques-?” he was cut off by Z. “No. Go away I’m tired.”

He smirked and stood up. ‘She must still be angry about what I said.’ He thought as he began to walk back to the men.

Jake looked at his friend walking back to the group that he was in and looked in the direction that he had come from. He smiled seeing that it was Z’s hut and waved to his friend to sit next to him. ‘He must have wanted to apologize to her.’

“Hey do you know where Clare is?” Jose asked taking a seat next to Jake.

Jake was about to respond but was interrupted by Clare’s voice, “I’m right here.”

They tensed up a little bit when the heard her voice come out of nowhere. They turned their heads slowly towards her and stared at her.

“Where did you come from?” both boys asked in unison.

Clare began to explain to them about how children are made, where they come from. The boys shook their heads as Jack stopped her lecture and told her, “Jose has a question.”

“Um… ok. What is it?” she asked as she took a seat and made herself comfortable.

“First of all, why don’t you guys just build a boat? We could use the wood from the trees and we could use some of the skeletons of those colossal animals that you guys use for weapons and other stuff!” he told her hoping that she would agree.

“Well, there are many huge sea creatures underwater… that’s why you are the only people that survived from your shipwreck. We didn’t all come from the same ship you know,” she explained. “And, we don’t have enough people to separate into large groups. One would be working on the ship, while the other protected them from danger.”

“Have you guys even tried? Anything?” he asked sighing as he held his head in his hands.

“Z has tried many times. I think that she was on this island the longest. She’s been here since she was thirteen when she first came here,” she told him twirling her hair. “Is that all you wanted to ask?”

Jose was silent for a moment before he asked his final question, “Why does Z have such a small hut when she does so much?” he asked uncovering his face.

“All she uses the hut for is sleeping in. She spends most of her time in the jungle,” she smiled at him wearily. “I think the reason she’s always in that horrible place, is because she’s still trying to find another way to get off of this island.”

Jose nodded and watched as Clare stood up and walked away waving vaguely at him. Jose sighed and ran his fingers through his hair exhausted from everything that happened today.

‘I can’t believe that she survived this long on this island. She must have had it ruff,’ he thought watching Jake run over to Clare and talk to her. ‘How does she do it? What was her life like before her ship sank. And, thirteen? Wow…’

“FOOD!” a man yelled as four men carried in the skinned and cooked leg of the jaguar that had attacked the village.

Everyone began to surround the meat with there wooden plates, and forks and knives made of sharpened rock. Jake looked around not seeing Z anywhere. He got an extra plate and cut both of them two chunks of meat. He walked over to her hut and sat the plates on the top of it. He walked over to where the women were giving water to everyone. He got to cups full of water and brought them back to Z’s hut. He set them down on the top of the hut by the plates; he knelt down and shook her leg waking her up.

“You’re hungry right? I brought you some food,” he grabbed a plate of meat and sat in font of her as she came out.

He smiled at her and set the glass of water next to the plate. He grabbed his plate and sat a few feet in front of her. He took out two knives and two forks out of his right pocket and handed a set to her. She stared at him for a while before taking the knife and fork. Jake began to eat his food taking a few glances at Z waiting for her to eat also.

“Thanks,” she muttered before she started to cut her chunk of meat into small pieces.

He swallowed his food and smiled at her again, “No problem. You seemed too tired to get your own food so I brought it.”

She returned his smile and began to eat also. She looked around making sure everyone was ok.

“You know. You are really something. You’ve helped all these people,” he commented as he watched her chew her food slowly.

“Well I like to help I guess,” she told him as she swallowed down piece of chewed meat.

He nodded as they ate in silence. The silence was comfortable, like one you would share with a long time friend. They glanced at each other questionably a few times before they heard someone sit down by them. They both look over to see who the person was.

“Hello,” he greeted them before he sliced and ate some of his meat.

“Hey Jose,” Z replied with a groan only to get a small chuckle out of Jake.

Jose smiled at Z’s tone and swallowed his food. “I see that I have been missed,” he stated sarcastically.

“So Jose, do you have something to say to Z?” Jake asked nudging his arm.

“I will not take any apologizes,” Z stated straightforwardly.

Jose shrugged and ate some more of his food. The three continued to eat in silence for the rest of the meal. An unusual silence had fallen upon them. Around thirty minutes later Z stretched out her arms and legs and fell back. She closed her eyes and crawled into her tiny hut; curled up.

“Can you wake me up in an hour, Jake?” she mumbled not turning to look at either of them.

“Why, Jake?” Jose asked knowing the answer. He smirked and stated, “You must still be pretty angry about what happened today about you being short.”

“Eh I haven’t liked you since I’ve meet you. Anyways, I have only known you for two days. And Jake is nicer,” she shrugged, “Can you Jake? If you can’t, get Clare, Andy, or Shan to wake me.”

“Sure,” he replied as he stood up holding both his and her plates, cups, and utensils.

Jose stood up also holding his dishes also as they walked over to a pile of dishes. They washed their dishes and placed them with the clean ones. After wiping off their wet hands on a towel next to the sink, they walked back to their hut.

“So… how was your day?” Jake asked uneasy.

“Why are you asking? We did the same things,” Jose replied.

“Just trying to make conversation,” Jake mumbled entering the hut.

Jose followed Jake into the hut; laid down on his cot. Jake laid down on his cot. They both fell asleep soon after they settled and laid down. It had only been two days since they came to this strange island. They seemed to have gained an interest in everything about the island itself.