TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


You Think You Can Save Me? by LittleCrane

[Reviews - 118]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Naruto, or any of the characters are mine. If they were Sasuke and Naruto would be together already... so would Neji and Gaara....

Ok so i have recently become obsessed with Neji and Gaara together. Now i will not accept them with anyone but each other... its just not right.. and come on.. they're hot... i mean jeez... anyway this has been bugging me for a while, so i decided to write it... even though im half way through another story it doesnt matter! Read it... High School Fight Club (there... my shameless self endorsment).. anyway, this is another high school fic.. they just seem to be happening that way... dont worry the next one i have in mind isnt high school.. any way, session 1.

NOTE: I'm Australian... i dont know how funny American schooling works, but here we have high school all together, and your in year levels, i dont know what the equivilent is so ill give their ages and years and you can figure it out... your smart enough.

Gaara: 16 Year 10
Naruto: 16 Yr 10
Sasuke: 16 Yr
Temari: 18 Yr 12
Kankuro: 17 Yr 12
Neji: 22
Hinata: 16 Yr 10
"Get up! I said get up Gaara!"
Temari's voice echoed in his ears as he lay in bed. He wasn’t sleeping, he never does, but he was having a very nice day dream.
"If you don’t get up, like now, I'll get the hose. I will, I’ve done it before... come on... I know your not sleeping anyway."
"Fuck off Tem, I'm up!"
Temari smirked. "Good now come on... we have to hurry, first day back you know."
Gaara rolled out of bed and hit the floor. Sighing, he slowly pulled himself up to get ready for school.
'I really hate the world... fucking school...'
Gaara continued his internal monologue about how much he hated things while he got ready. Baggy black pants, with rips and chains, a tight blood red singlet with "Fuck off and die" splashed across the front in black went over his mesh shirt, visible on his arms and through the rips in his shirt.
Walking into his bathroom he washed his face with cold water, scrunching his face up in disgust as he say how tired he looked. He wasn’t really a fan of his appearance, the only thing he liked about himself was the only thing he felt was really optional; the tattoo 'ai' (love kanji) on his forehead. After brushing his teeth, he applied the thick eyeliner he always wore, taking one final look at himself before grabbing his bag and walking down stairs. Temari, his sister, and Kankuro, his brother, were already down there, eating. Temari was the eldest, at 18, she was in her final year of high school. She was, well she was one of the popular people, the people Gaara would usually hate, except he actually liked Temari. She was pretty, blonde, curvy, fashionable, but also smart. She was the most likely candidate for Valedictorian. Kankuro was 17, and in his second last year of school. He was a jock, handsome, loved by all. He was a bit of a wanker, and had sex on the brain, but he was alright. Gaara, on the other hand, was 16, skinny, pale, and a social outcast, who happened to like it that way. Gaara had no time for the idiots who he went to school with, so he hung out on his own. He got called an Emo, or a Goth, which he hated... not so much because he hated labels (which he did, but he saw them as an inevitable part of life), but because they were so wrong! Didn’t these people know anything! Gaara was a firm believer in the idea that if you don’t know what something means, don’t say it. And these people calling him an emo or goth went against that rule.

Gaara walked into the kitchen, putting his head on the table. He wasn’t going to get food... if they wanted him to eat they could serve it to him. Temari sighed and she got up to get Gaara some breakfast. At this time, their father walked down, in an expensive suit, obviously prepared to go to work.
"Temari!" he barked. "What are you doing? You already have breakfast."
"Oh, I know that, I'm just getting some for Gaara..."
Their dad looked pissed... he was pissed...
"What?! Cant that faggot get his own food!" He walked over to the table where Gaara had his head. Gaara was used to this treatment; he just ignored it now,
"Didn’t you hear me faggot!? I said cant you get your own food?"
Gaara sighed.
"Yes I am well within my capabilities to get myself food. I, however, do not wish to. If Temari wants me to eat so badly that she will get my food for me, who am I to stop her?"
Instead of looking mollified that his son had answered, the man just got angrier.
"What? Are you getting smart with me you little runt? You fucking arrogant bastard!" He pulled Gaara off the table by his hair, kicking and punching him in the stomach.
"What? You think that just because you live here you can be a smart ass do you? Every word that comes out of your mouth is rude! You fucking stupid faggot! Look how you’re dressed... how dare you! Shaming the family name! That’s all you do, I should fucking kill you now!" He raised his hand over Gaara's face. The small boy was gasping for air after his father beat him.
"Father no!"
Temari cried. He looked over at his daughter, who had tears in her eyes. Dropping Gaara, who fell to the floor, he spat on the ground next to him.
"Once again, you owe your life to someone else." And he walked out of the house.
Gaara lay panting on the ground, bruised and sore. His ribs were very tender, but they didn’t feel broken. When it came to his father, things like not having broken ribs were small miracles. Temari rushed over to where Gaara lay.
"Oh my god... Gaara, are you ok? Shit... come on, I’ll get you some water."
Kankuro had gotten up, and helped Temari move Gaara to the couch.
"Shit, man... fuck he's a bastard..." Kankuro said, wincing as he saw the large bruising on Gaara's pale body.
"Don’t worry about it... its fine... come on... we're going to be late." Gaara just got up, picked his bag up and walked outside. Temari and Kankuro exchanged a glance; they both saw the look in Gaara's eyes, that murderous blank stare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Temari pulled the car into the school car park, and quickly found a space.
"Think you'll be ok Gaara?"
"I'll be fine. Don’t worry about me. See you after school."
Temari still looked worried about her little brother. She was scared for him, and scared of him. When he got that look in his eye... the thought made her shiver. She didn’t want to think what might happen this time.

************************************************************************

Gaara made his way through the hall. After picking up his schedule and new locker number from the office, he made his way through the building until he found his locker. Storing all of his books and such in his locker, he checked what he had first.
'Oh great... maths... just what I want on my first day back in hell, lovely.' Slamming his locker shut, he moved on to his class.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Ok, quieten down please guys. Welcome back to school for the year. I'll be your maths teacher for the semester, just call me Iruka-sensei. Open your books to ch 1, trigonometry..."
The rest of the lesson was a blur for Gaara, at least the parts where he was supposed to be learning was. He spent his time drawing on his desk. He did this every year, and every year he'd come back to find some silly sot had washed the desk. And he worked so hard to make them as pretty as possible... oh well... may as well start again this year.
He started in the upper left corner, beginning with an intricate border around the edge of the table. He didn’t get too far, the bell went before he could get any large amount covered. Gaara sighed as he realised this year wasn’t going to be any different from last year... not that he really thought it would be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The rest of the day seemed to blur by. The regular comments made by the 'in crowd' about his looks or his sexuality. Really... they didn’t even know his sexuality... who were they to make a judgement on it based on his appearance? This fact only further confirmed in his mind that people were stupid. Really stupid... especially girls with bubblegum pink hair and green eyes. Sakura annoyed Gaara the most; she tried to be witty and intelligent about her annoying little jibes, but really... she just ended up sounding like a moron. And he really wasn’t in the mood for it. If he went to the cafeteria, he would hear it. He wasn’t going to eat lunch anyway, so he bypassed the place, instead heading for his usual spot under a big willow at the back of the school.

Upon arriving at his spot, he found that it had already been taken by another. But not a student.
"What are you doing here? This is my spot." Gaara said, resolved to be as unpleasant as possible to the person, so they would leave. The person sat up, looking at Gaara with the most astounding eyes he had ever seen. Pale as the moon, they were touched with lilac, and had no pupils. Gaara felt as if they were staring into his very soul.
"Oh, I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware this spot was taken." Said a light, but masculine voice.
'He has a nice voice...' thought Gaara.
"Yeah, well, it is. Off you go then."
The man under the tree smiled.
"Hmmm... not so good with people are you?"
"I'm fine with people. I just don’t like them. Now leave."
The man laughed, and Gaara had never heard a sound like it.
"Come on... you don’t even know me."
"And I don’t want to. Now if you don’t mind..."
The man sighed as he got up, brushing the grass from himself.
"Fine, be like that. But I’ll most likely be back tomorrow... remember that... and I wont leave so easily next time."
Gaara scowled.
"Whatever."
Once again the man laughed as he walked away, causing Gaara's scowl to grow darker.
'Jackass...' he thought, before taking his seat under the tree, and pulling out his book. He stayed like that until the lunch bell rang, dragging him back to hell.
The only good thing was he had Art last period... the only class he could really stand. He was good at art... he didn’t need to think, he could just... do whatever.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The last bell of the day rang. Gaara's stomach and back had begun to hurt worse than ever. His ribs were so sore that every time he moved, every time he drew breath it was like being kicked again, like his ribs were breaking. His skin had gone a dark shade of purple, the edges a nasty shade of green.
'This is going to take a while to heal... the old fucker... next time he touches me... I swear to god I’ll kill him...'
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fin

Well that was chapter one!... hope you liked it... it'll get much better, don’t worry! ill update again probly tomorrow... review!!! any requests or anything, just let me know. and let me know what you think... any criticisms or anything! thanks guys!

Little Crane