TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Memory by FallenStar

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: hope you like
His cerulean blue eyes stared blankly in the distance. All he had accomplished, and now this. Why did it have to happen?
Maybe he should have just stayed as ‘Naruto Uzumaki’. No academy, no team, no friends nor enemies…Not a ninja. Just plain old Naruto, some kid in Konoha no one cared about.
His eye moved swiftly to the scene in front of him. Naruto closed his eyes.
“Why did you have to dream Naruto, why did you have to make them true? The demon fox’s voice ringed in his head.
“It’s all your fault, look at them, open your eyes – it’s your entire fault” the voice hissed louder.
Naruto hesitated, shaking his head furiously, and then reluctantly opened his eyes.
“I didn’t ask for all this!” he screamed.
No one turned and stared, no one smiled or winked. It wasn’t because they wouldn’t or shouldn’t …it was because they couldn’t.
The fox’s laugh filled his head –
“Of course you asked for this! You did want to be hokage, didn’t you?”
The word struck Naruto, his world’s was broken and he knew it was can’t be put together again …not now, not tomorrow…never.
He looked at the ground. A woman with blonde hair lay there, motionless, a pool of blood surrounding her.
“I am sorry” the words spilt out of his mouth.
Reaching behind him, he pulled off his cloak and laid it by her side.
“I should have never taken this from you”.
Naruto stepped back and took in what had happened. The street was filled with corpses; even people who had nothing to do with it were dead.
“So, this is what they had been warning me about” he thought, a teardrop streamed down his face.
One word, one breath. Someone had to be alive.
“Look what you’ve done, you may have killed the enemy but your actions killed everyone else too” the fox whispered.
A breeze blew past him, it was silent not a sound. Yet Naruto was aching to hear someone. He turned away and the…
*twitch*
“What was that?” Naruto exclaimed.
Someone was alive! He spun around, running past the bodies.
Another sound. Naruto stopped.
In front of him lay Team 10.
‘Ino-Shika-Cho’ he could hear them performing their formation.
Naruto smiled, not far from there lay two people in green spandex suits.
“The failure and his sensei” the fox said.
“Lee and Gai” he muttered.
“Move on, you dimwit” the fox replied, ignoring the arrogance in Naruto’s voice.
Even though Naruto hated the fox, but he moved on. Walking by the ramen stall, he couldn’t see the owners of the store.
‘I hope they got away’
“You’d think someone like th-” the fox started yet stopped when it sensed Naruto tense.
*Twitch*
Again , but this time louder,
“They are closer” Naruto ran , and then stopped.
A flash of pink near the green spandex suits.
“Lee…he kept his promise”
Naruto moved closer, and saw Sakura’s emerald eyes. It seemed as if the fear had been frozen in time. She lay there, her eyes fixed on Lee who was being protected by Gai.
Naruto let out a deep breath.
“You didn’t keep your promise, you didn’t protect anyone” the fox hissed.
Naruto said nothing. It was the truth after all.
“Even the Hyuuga protected someone”
The word “Hyuuga” first brought the smiling face of Hinata in his mind. Naruto didn’t smile though, he had watched Hinata die. She had fallen into his arms as the kunai had gone through her heart. She had said three words. Only three. Such a small amount though they meant the world to Naruto.
“The cousin” the fox hissed, pulling Naruto back to reality causing him to leave that painful yet sweet memory.
Naruto spun around.
There, on the grass lay Neji Hyuuga. The genius, the prodigy. A memory flashed in Naruto’s head ; just before the war started.

Naruto looked at each of them –
“Shikamaru , Kiba , Shino , Lee and Neji”
They nodded in reply and sprang up into the air, their kunai’s ready. Expect for Neji. He had taken a different route. Neji sprang on to a branch, searched the ground below with his byakugan.
Naruto looked at him curiously , landing beside him.
“What are you looking for?” Naruto demanded , they couldn’t have any problems right now.
“Naruto , do you remember when we went to get Sasuke back from the sound ninjas?” Neji questioned, without looking at Naruto.
Naruto nodded.
“I got asked something, while I was taking my last few breaths” Neji added, still searching.
“What are you looking for?!!” Naruto asked loudly.
Suddenly a “BANG” filled the air, almost knocking Naruto of the branch. The noise was deafening yet Neji smiled. He stood up and sprang off the branch.
“My reason to live”

Naruto shook his head.
“Tenten…” he sighed.
Neji’s lifeless body covered the weapon mistress, protecting her from the weapons – which now covered Neji’s back.
“Could she…” started Naruto but Demon Fox answered it before he could even finish the question.
“They are both gone”
Naruto took a wobbling step backwards.
“You are evil , you have me in you” the fox hissed.
Naruto ran towards the “Memorial”. He stopped , panting as the tears slid down his face.

Naruto’s anger built up inside.
“GET OUT OF ME!” he yelled.
“Too late…”
Naruto felt a thud in his back, as if someone was punching him. His fingers slowly touched his back, gently stroking the pain. Something cold and hard met up with his fingers.
Naruto froze , he gulped. Naruto shivered as he slowly turned his head. Right there, a katana stabbed in his back. Naruto turned back and looked down at his stomach.
The tip of the katana stuck out, blood covering his shirt.
Terrified , Naruto’s knees buckled and his body slouched over the Memorial Stone. He sensed something was wrong. He had felt no pain, why this katana was there and why was there blood. Suddenly Naruto tried to get up, yet he couldn’t move. No pain , no movement and no voice. He couldn’t hear himself.
The colour was rapidly draining out of his surroundings.
“It’s your time” a voice said. He couldn’t picture the face of the voice’s owner. It was a stranger’s yet, Naruto had a feeling it belonged to someone he knew. It was reassuring. Naruto smiled and closed his eyes.
It was truly his time to go.