TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Escape by Ezri Candy

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of its characters.
Spolier for chapter 233 and little spoilers for beyond that point.

Don't forget to review! I might update in a few days *wink*, but this story IS complete and 4 parts long.

'thoughts or Naruto talking to kyuubi'
'Kyuubi talking to Naruto'
"Speaking"
Part 1

Naruto looked out of his window, his eyes dull as he watched the rain fall over the nearly empty streets of Konoha. Sixteen years ago the kyuubi no kitsune had been sealed into his helpless and innocent body, and still to this day, he was hated by some the very people he risked his life to protect, and after all this time, he was tired.

In all truth, he had been tired of it, but for thirteen years, he had a distraction. It was no mere object or plaything, but a living, breathing being. A boy that drove him crazy with this popularity…who had been his enemy and yet his best friend.

"Sasuke…" Naruto murmured as he watched the rain fall. Gods did he miss the raven-haired teen.

For three years, he did nothing but train, take on missions and search for his lost friend. It helped in easing the pain of being alone. Yes, he had friends now, ones hat he would give his life for, but he felt incomplete without his favorite rival…

His best friend…

But above all that, the man he loved.


Yes, he loved Uchiha Sasuke. He didn’t know exactly when it had happened, whether it was before or after becoming a genin, all he knew that under the bickering, the fighting and the glares that were meant to be deadly, he cared for the youngest Uchiha. He enjoyed spending time with his 'teme' and even after their fight at the valley of the end, he couldn't find it in his heart to hate him.

He searched many hidden villages, countries and prefectures but found no trace of Sasuke. It was as if he had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Gone without a trace, that was Uchiha Sasuke.

Naruto had been trying so very hard to keep his spirits up, to smile when all he wanted to do was frown. To laugh when he really wanted to break down and cry…but he didn't. Ninja's didn't cry…ninja's didn't show emotion in front of others. But even the strongest ninja's had their limit…and thought he didn't know exactly when it had happened, Uzumaki Naruto had reached his.

The pain and sorrow that had become a constant throb in his heart and soul was so intense that he could hardly breath. It enclosed on him, shutting out the light that joy and happiness brought; the darkness was becoming the victor in this battle and the golden haired teen could not fight it. Not anymore…he was too tired.

'Kit…' The demon's voice was heard in heard by the blond.

'Kyuubi…I can't do it anymore.' Naruto responded within his mind, closing his dull blue eyes, the action causing the tears that had been burning at the back of his eyes to roll down his cheeks.

Silence was heard in his mind for a few moments before the voice of kyuubi was heard once more when she spoke. 'I'm sorry that you've had so much suffering because of me.'

'You didn't ask to be sealed into me. I don't blame you or the Yondaime…but…'

'Kit, you're stronger than this, I know it. He'll come back or you will find him soon…give it more time.' She said desperately, knowing what Naruto may try to do. 'I'm telling you to do this just because I'm sealed within you. I've lived for centuries and have no fear of death. You have barely lived a fraction of my life, kit, you have much to look forward to. Do not give up so soon.'

'Its been three years Kyuubi! It's not going to happen. Sasuke isn't coming back. I'm not going to find him. I've broken my promise to Sakura-chan…on top of that, I know that she supposedly 'loves' him, but I love him…I need him!' Naruto closed his eyes as the tears continued to roll down his whiskered cheeks.

'Forgive me, Kyuubi…' Naruto responded before bringing up a mental barrier between himself and the demon spirit. The blond reached over to his kunai pouch and carefully dumped the contents on his table. He could feel the demon trying to get through to him, but continued to block her with all that he had.

A small vial no more that a half-inch in height was removed from amongst the razor sharp black metal. Naruto lifted the tiny vial and tilted it to the side. A very faint yellowish liquid, looking to be more than just a few drops, clung to the side of the vial innocently, but this substance was anything than innocent.

Tetrodotoxin. It was one of the vast numbers of poisons that were kept in Konoha for covert assassination missions. It was one of the more deadly poisons. The smallest amount could be extremely deadly. So deadly, that the liquid in the very vial that the shinobi now held in his hand, was mostly water.

It had been until his possession for the last month, having swiped it from the lockup before departing for an A-rank assassination mission. There had been quite a commotion over the vial coming up missing that lead to the Tsunade ordering all of Konoha's poison stock to be removed from the lockup to an undisclosed location. At the time, he didn't know why he took it, but as his pain became deeper he began to look at the tiny vial as the key to his salvation. His way to release the pain that came with his existence.

Calloused fingers looked at the faint white etch that traced the circumference of the vial. The top snapped off easily as he studied contents for a moment. Without second thought, the drop of Tetrodotoxin and saline contained within the glass tube landed on his tongue before he swallowed. The vial was placed on the low table near where he now sat. He didn't want Tsunade to worry anymore about the missing vial and its possible uses after this night.

A sigh escaped his lips as he slipped his feet from the slippers that adorned his feet, making sure there were neatly beside the couch before laying back on the couch. Tears slowly rolled down his cheeks as he closed his eyes, his hands becoming folded on his stomach.

'Oh Kit…' He heard Kyuubi's voice breakthrough his barrier as she began to try and fight the toxin that was rapidly making its way through his body.