TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Third Wheel Out. by x_fish

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer:
Naruto, the characters, idea, setting, etc. doesn't belong to me.

I realized we needed more Chouji, so I wrote a quick little one-shot. :]
He'd always felt like a third whee. Unneeded. Unwanted. Whether it was in class at the academy, or nowadays on missions. But there was one comfort in his life.

Food.

It might be considered 'girly,' the way he immersed himself in food every time he was depressed, but he didn't care. No one thought different when he did; they didn't see the difference from his normal eating and when he was depressed. No one understood. All they saw was fat Akimichi Chouji, pigging out as always.

But with food, he was able to ignore the feeling of being left out. Usually. but there was always one specific day of the entire year that he hated. Absolutely despised.

Valentine's Day.

There were couples everywhere. Whether it was a strange triangle with Lee, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke, or a subtle relationship like Neji and Tenten. Everyone was either loved or loving.

It made his stomach tighten into a knot.

So there he was on that one day, where love was so think in the air, hearts seemed to float. Sitting in Ichiraku's. Alone. Not even Asuma, no, or Shikamaru had time for him on this day.

Like always. The third-wheel. Unneeded. unwanted.

Wolfing down bowl after bowl of ramen, Chouji didn't dare think about the payment. Whatever it was, he would pay. It wasn't like he needed it to spend on something or anything. Here, he could drown in his emotions, untouched by the loving air around him.

"Hey, Chouji! What are you doing here all alone?"

He knew that voice to well. he didn't want to turn around. Turn around and see her, with him.

"Hey guys," he answered grudgingly. he hated this day. Absolutely loathed it.

His black eyes stared blankly at the two. A bright and happy girl with light blond hair and bright blue eyes. Then someone totally contrasting her: a boy with dark hair and eyes with a bored expression. Silently, Chouji pleaded. Please, go away. He didn't want to deal with this at the moment.

"This is for you, since you've been looking so down lately." She threw over a small bag which he caught in his larger-than-normal hands. "It seemed like you needed some cheering up."

A small chocolate heart, with his name written crudely on it with white frosting. It was in a clear, cellophane wrapping, tied with a piece of yellow ribbon. She had even gone through the trouble of writing a small card.

"A-arigato..." he muttered, not knowing what else to say.

Maybe...just maybe...Valentine's Day wouldn't be so bad this year.