TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Intelligent Design by Uchiha Yoru

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Now... Another random thought of mine brought to life.
"We found something. It looks like a person."
"Really? Let me see."
A trio of ninja landed in a half circle around the partially snow covered form. Each wore grey vests and armguards over black winter gear. Each face held a benign expression painted in shades of red, blue or green on a background as white as the landscape around them.
The leader knelt next to the form. "It's a kid. Male. I don't think he's from Konoha."
"A spy?" One mask asked, edging closer.
"No. Just a kid...but."
The kneeling man slowly brushed the snow away from a delicate looking face.
"Take a look."
One by one the ANBU walked around to get a better look at a snow white face. Weakly, the boy looked back up at them with pale green eyes.
"He...could'nt be...him...could he?"
"No...too young."
"What do we do, leader?"
The kneeling one thought for only a moment. "We take him to the Godaime Hokage. She'll know what to do. But everyone be on your guard. This could very well be a trap."
The rest nodded.
Slowly lifting the near lifeless body from the dark snowbank he slung the boy over his shoulder.
Then there was nothing there but the sudden swirl of powder left by the rapid movement of the elite ninja.


Shizune swung open the door, knocking it back into the wall and making the Hokage jump up from her impromptu nap with a startled grunt. Tsunade had'nt really meant to fall asleep but the cold weather seemed to sap all of her energy.
"What is it now? I was in the middle of paperwork."
Trying to wake herself up, the older woman picked up her now cold teacup and looked pensively into the liquid left. In the tea she could see a reflection of her face - complete with inkstains from sleeping on her charts. She tried to rub it off on the sleeve of her haori.
"The ANBU unit sent out to patrol the border has suddenly returned - the gatekeepers said they had a boy with them!"
"A boy?" Tsunade stopped rubbing her face and leaned back in her chair.
There was a slight puff of smoke as a monkey masked figure appeared in the center of the room, partially crouched. He stood up quickly to report.
"Godaime Hokage-sama! I am the leader of the ANBU unit sent to patrol the border. We found a boy near the northern border of our territory. He's in need of urgent, specialized care."
Tsunade stood up. "Are the medics working with him?"
"Yes Hokage-sama."
She sighed. "Do we have any idea who this boy is? Don't tell me you just pick up any stray you come across. We don't have time for that."
The ANBU captain nodded. "I understand, but this boy looked...suspicious. I thought it was best to bring him back to Konoha."
"Suspicious? How?"
This time the man turned slightly toward the door.
"Please come with me Hokage-sama. I appologize for not answering directly but the medical staff needs your help immediately. It will be clear when you see him."
Tsunade followed him quickly out of the room, her mind buzzing with scattered thoughts. Suspicious? She'd know when she saw him? Just what kind of boy was this that they'd found?
When they reached the infirmary the resident staff immediately whisked her down the hall toward the patient. When she reached the room a crowd of doctors were using a medical jutsu to warm the boy back to a stable temperature and even from across the room she could see how deathly pale he was.
Too pale... no ones that pale. She thought nervously, fearing it might be too late to save him.
It was when she was standing right next to him that she saw why the ANBU captain had been reluctant to tell her why he thought the boy suspicious.
Even though his temperatures where steadily rising back to a healthy range his skin was still a snowy white that seemed all the more pale when framed by his obsidion hair.
"He...how...no..." Tsunade struggled to come up with words as she looked at the young man lying on the operating table. He couldn't have been more than eighteen years old but he had the calm countenence of someone older. A calm persistence as he looked back up at her with eyes the color of fresh shoots. He was shivering - almost spasming from the cold that had nearly killed him.
No...but, what other explanation is there? Tsunade bit her lip as she thought. Almost absently she started applying a jutsu to boost the effect of the warming process. Quickly she scanned his body for wounds and saw the beginings of deep bruises forming. It didn't look like he'd been in a fight - more like he'd fallen from a great height.
Again she looked at that familiar face that made her stomach turn itself in knots with anxiety.
He looks just like you, Orochimaru.
Turning her eyes from the mysterious boys face she noticed Shizune standing nervously by the door.
"Shizune!"
The woman jumped. "Yes Tsunade-sama?"
"I want you to tell the captain who brought this boy here that I'm ordering him to find Jiraiya and bring him here immediately."
"Yes Tsunade -sama!" The woman replied, hastily leaving the room to relay her orders.
Tsunade gave a deep sigh. She wanted to confirm that she wasn't just seeing things. She wanted Jiraiya to tell her it was just a weird coincidence.
But as she looked over at that impassive face - with the boys eyes now closed - she couldn't help but feel that this would lead to an inevitable confrontation with her former teammate.
"Why'd he have to become such a pain in the ass?" She growled.
The nursing staff looked at each other but said nothing, not really understanding what the Hokage was mumbling about anyway.