TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto and Hinata: together by force - together by will by Gaara of the Sand

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: My second story... was inspired by one of my favorite Naruto fillers (yeah, I used to watch those...)
Finally, a mission! Hinata, Naruto and…that’s it??? And who’s that weirdo with a scarred face?

Konoha.

Naruto ran to Ichiraku’s place.

- Yippee, this new Rasengan will be awesome! I just have to train a little more! But I can’t train on an empty stomach!! I’ll have three… no, five… oh, all right! I’ll have seven bowls of ramen and then I shall continue! With this new jutsu I can get back and take down Orochimaru! Oh, Sakura-chaaaaan!! Wow! - Naruto had little time to stop and almost ran into Sakura.
- Totally rude, Naruto! Where are you running so fast to?
- Sakura-chan, this training is going pretty well! I almost got this new Rasengan down! Then I will finally bring Sasuke back! But this training makes me soooo hungry!
- Sasuke-kun… - Sakura looked aside.
- Sakura-chan, is something wrong?
- Huh? No, not really… All right, Naruto, you go on with your training, I have something to do right now…
- All right! You just wait and see! I will bring Sasuke back!
- I know, Naruto….
Naruto continued to Ichiraku’s place, and Sakura was left behind, looking down…
- Sasuke-kun…
- Hey, Hinata! – Naruto met Hinata on his way. Sakura raised her head and observed.
- Naruto-kun… hi… - Hinata mumbled, blushing.
- All right, Hinata, I’ll talk to you later! I’m on my way to Ichiraku’s place. I got really hungry from excessive training! – Naruto literally left Hinata in the dust.
- Huh… Naruto-kun, - Hinata became really upset and took a sit on the bench.

Sakura looked at Hinata, and then at Naruto’s back.
- Everytime Hinata meets Naruto - it’s quite the same – she blushes and seems upset when Naruto doesn’t show her enough attention; and now that I’m thinking about it, it was always the same story with me and Sasuke-kun. Why are boys so blind when it comes to feelings? Naruto just doesn’t understand how Hinata feels. I bet, she feels the same feelings as I do… This feeling of not being noticed and understood… Naruto, you’re still stupid! – Sakura thought. – If only there was something I could do… Having lost a possibility of being happy myself, I just want to help someone else to be happy… I understand how important it is…. Hm… Perhaps, there is a way…

Tsunade’s Mansion.

Sakura knocked on the door.

- Come in, - Tsunade said.
- Tsunade-sama, I have something to ask you, - Sakura entered.
- Huh? What is it, Sakura?
- Well… it might seem like a weird request to you, - Sakura looked aside, - it’s about Hinata…
- Oh? Hyuga Hinata?
- Yes.
- Well, I’m listening, - Tsunade stoop up.
- I don’t really know how to start… I noticed that when I first saw Hinata and Naruto together… She’s so gentle and shy… She seems to be interested in Naruto a lot… and Naruto… well… he is just… just being Naruto, I guess…- Sakura paused.
- And what exactly do you want me to do about it?
- I told you, it’s a weird request. I think I really understand Hinata’s feelings. I’m quite the same, - Sakura looked down, - but it’s even harder for her because she’s so shy and gentle…
- Sakura, just get to the point…
- Yeah, sorry… I was going to ask you… do you have any mission that you could send them both on? Just them, and no third person… You see, Tsunade-sama, I know what it feels like not to be paid attention to. And… I lost my chance to be happy…but Naruto and Hinata do have such a chance…
- Huh… So, basically you want them to get along?
- Yes. It will make them both happier… Since I lost a chance to be happy myself… I don’t want them to lose their chance, - Sakura said in a sad voice, - but as long as Naruto continues being like that – nothing will change. I know that it’s an important time right now, and Naruto is almost finished with his new jutsu, but sometimes relationships are more important…
- I see… but I always thought he liked you…
- He still does, - Sakura blushed, - but I can sense him being in doubt… He can’t decide whether to proceed or not, because we’re good friends… Also, I… I don’t want to upset him… but… I can’t share his feelings… you know that, too, right…
- Sakura, you have a very kind heart, you know that? - Tsunade looked at Sakura and smiled sadly.
- So, will you do it, Tsunade-sama? – Sakura looked at Tsunade.
- I see what I can do…
- Thank you, Tsunade-sama…

Someone knocked on the door.

- Come in, Tsunade said, - is it you, Shizune?
- Yes, - Shizune entered, - Jataiya Sataku is here to see you…
- Sataku? – Tsunade asked in a surprised tone, - but it hasn’t even been two days yet! I’ve ordered him to stay in the hospital for a week! Let him in!

Jataiya Sataku entered, with a weird smile on his face. “Who is he?” – Sakura thought, - “And what’s up with those heavy scars on his face?”

- Tsunade, - Sataku started, - before you say anything, let me explain…
- Sataku! This is a serious matter! You were beaten very severely! I told you to stay in the hospital! And what happened to the “sensei” part again??
- Don’t push it! There won’t be any “sensei” part if you make me stay there any longer! – Sataku grinned, - what can be worse than being a retired ninja assassin who has to stay in bed for a week with half of his face that looks like it had been cut in pieces and put back together, so that I can’t even smile properly? I recalled all the criminals I caught in fifteen years, I read this scroll you gave me about the assault three years ago… A don’t have anything to do! Have a pity on me!
- Hold on, hold on, - Tsunade smiled, - did you just say “retired ninja assassin”?
- Yeap, that’s what I said, - Sataku looked away, - I thought a lot about what you proposed me… I’m willing to accept…
- Good! As of now on, you are one of the ANBU squad captains! Shizune, give me the form.
- Yes, Tsunade-sama, - Shizune said and took a promotion from the drawer.

“ANBU squad captain? Retired ninja assassin? I don’t understand anything,” Sakura thought.
- However, - said Tsunade, filling the form, - I just had a great idea… Sakura, you’ll like it, too…
- I don’t like the way you smile, Tsunade, - Sataku said, chuckling, - you want to give me some sort of a punishment, don’t you?
- Maybe, - Tsunade smiled sarcastically, - Shizune, send for Naruto and Hinata!
- Yes, Tsundade-sama, - Shizune said and left.
- All right, tell me already… - Sataku looked at the window, avoiding Tsunade’s eyes.
- Your first mission as ANBU captain will not involve ANBU at all…
- Well, - Sataku smirked, - it doesn’t sound good already.
- I have a letter to be delivered to one village close to the border of the Hidden Sound… it’s quite unimportant, and I could give it to ordinary traders that depart from here today, but I’d rather have some ninja, - Tsunade looked at Sataku, grinning maliciously again, - to deliver it…
- Oh, great… and what kind of a mission is that? Do we even have a letter for that kind of an easy mission? – Sataku smirked and looked back at Tsunade.
- You didn’t let me finish…you will take two genin with you. One of them is more like of “I’m a knucklehead, so I rush and get” type (Sakura giggled). His name is Uzumaki Naruto. The other one is shy and docile, Hyuga Hinata, the daughter of the Hyuga family head. She will go on any mission if Naruto is there. She likes him a lot. But Naruto will not go if he realizes that this mission is nothing interesting. So, I’ll tell him that there’s a possibility of it turning into an A-rank mission if the Sound sends a group to take the letter from you. You job is to talk him into importance of this mission and basically stay away from them, following behind… or ahead…
- Yes! – Sakura yelled brightly and immediately lowered her head, - sorry to interrupt.
- So, let me get this straight… You want me to be a nanny to a pair of genin while they try to get along? Do I look like a nanny?
- Well, - Tsunade chuckled, trying to hold from bursting in laughter, - not really…judging by your look… But seriously, please, Sataku. Could you do this favor for me? You didn’t really recover from your injuries yet, so it would be good for you to just walk there and back and use up two-three days. After all, you don’t have a time limit. Just make sure they’re left alone for as much as possible…
- Tsunade, you may never hear the “sensei” part from me again, Sataku smiled, - all right… I owe for saving my life and for everything before that, - he looked in her eyes.
- Thank you, Sataku. Your squad will arrive shortly.

Some time later.

- Shizune, what does Granny Tsunade want from me? I’m really busy with my jutsu! – Naruto’s voice yelled outside the door.
- Shut up! Just get in!
- Granny Tsunade, what’s the big idea? You know how important my new jutsu is! – Naruto entered the room, - I was just going to…
- Naruto, be quiet! – Tsunade said, - I have an important mission.
- But what about my jutsu?
- You are almost done with it, right?
- I guess so…
- Then, it won’t take much time if you try it after you come back.
- But Granny Tsunade…
- No complaints, Naruto! While we’re waiting for your teammate, I will introduce you to your leader for that that mission, since Kakashi is away, - Tsunade said, looking at Sataku, - This is Jataiya Sataku.
- Wow! What happened to your face?! – Naruto yelled, – It’s like… ouch! Sakura, what did you pinch me for?
- It’s very rude to say things like that, you know…
- Heh… You are a knucklehead, - Sataku smiled .
- What did you say? – Naruto yelled back.
- Enough! – Tsunade smacked the table with her fists, - This person have captured and neutralized more criminals than the number of ramen bowls you have eaten through your whole life.
- Criminals? – Naruto asked in a surprised voice.
- That’s right, Sataku said, - I’ve been a ninja assassin for fifteen years…
- A ninja assassin! That’s so cool! – Naruto yelled.
- Not really…
- Huh? But why?
- Well… it’s just not as cool as you might think… But let me tell you something… If you go on that mission with me, I will teach you some of my jutsu…
- Really?! All right! Count me in! Granny Tsunade, I accept!
- Hold on, Naruto…- Tsunade said, - I appreciate your eagerness, but you teammate hasn’t arrived yet.
- Well who is he?
- It’s her…
- What? Is it Sakura?
- No, Naruto… I have to stay here, because I will be helping Tsunade-sama tomorrow with some…. Something… - Sakura said.
- Then who is it?
- May she come in, Tsunade-sama? – Shizune half-opened the door.
- Sure, - Tsunade said, - Naruto, your teammate is…
- Hinata?????? – Naruto yelled.
- Naruto-kun… Hinata blushed, - (aside) Naruto-kun on a mission with me…
- Granny Tsunade, my teammate is Hinata? – Naruto asked.
- Yeah… you don’t have any problems with that, do you?
- N…not really… so, what is the mission about?
- I’m glad you asked… I have a very important (Sakura sniggered but stopped under Tsunade’s angry glare) letter to be delivered to the village nearby the border of the Hidden Sound…
- The letter? That’s all? No, no way!! Forget it! It’s so lame!! Why is it so important???
- Oh, - Tsunade sighed, - did I mention that there is a high possibility that you might be attacked by other shinobi? There are many people who would like to get their hands on this letter…
- Is that true, Granny Tsunade? - Naruto asked with a mistrusting face expression.
- Of course, Naruto… This letter is very… very important…
- Well… I don’t know…
- I will teach you my Chakra Shuriken, - Sataku smiled.
- Chakra Shuriken?? That sounds so cool!! All right! – Naruto yelled.
- Wonderful, - Tsunade said, - Shizune, give them the map. Naruto, you and your team are to follow the map. Sataku-sensei will make sure of it, right?
- Absolutely, - Sataku smiled. Taking any other roads is a bad idea, because the map gives the locations of all the villages where we can stay overnight.
- Here’s the letter, - Tsunade took a letter from her table, - Sataku will have it with him.
- All right, - Sataku said, - we should get going. Come one, both of you!
- Yeah, let’s go! – Naruto said.
- Yes, Sataku-sama, - Hinata said.

After Sataku and his group left, Tsunade, Shizune and Sakura were finally able to burst in laughter.

What kind of a mission in this?? Granny Tsunade, you fooled me, didn’t you??

- Just why do we have to walk??? Let’s move faster and get this mission done! I have my training to do! – yelled Naruto in frustration, walking in Kohona forest.
- No, no, Naruto, calm down, - Sataku said calmly, looking away, - we have no time limit for this mission. Besides, I can’t really move fast right now… I’ve been beaten up to a pulp recently…
- Huh? – Naruto sounded surprised, - You… Beaten up to a pulp? Some ninja assassin, aren’t you?
- Heh, - Sataku smirked, - these weren’t just normal ninja criminals… Besides, I was alone against two…
- Then tell me how it happened!!
- Well… I could, but I have to stay behind you, guys… in order to observe the surroundings… you keep your eyes open, and so will I…
- Whaaaat? Do you actually think anyone will attack us on this trip?? Tsunade-sama was lying to me, wasn’t she? But why me? Why does she need me to deliver this stupid letter? – Naruto yelled, turning back to look at Sataku.
- Naruto, shut up, - Sataku said coolly and assertively, - it is a mission, accept it. Yes, there might be an attack on us. Just as I said, keep your eyes open…
- Ough… all right, - Naruto looked aside, - But if you’re hurt, how are going to fight?
- Whoever the Sound sends on us – they will still be out of my league to begin with, - Sataku said, - I won’t even have to fight. I’ll just back you up. The Sound doesn’t put THAT much value on this letter…
- So, Granny Tsunade was lying…then, teach me this new cool technique you were talking about…it’s just boring to walk like that… - Naruto said in a bored voice.
- Naruto-kun doesn’t even notice me, even though I’m walking right next to him, - Hinata thought acutely.
- You don’t think before you talk, right, Naruto? – Sataku smirked, - How can I teach you the technique while we are walking? Remember, it’s still a mission, not training…
- But then tell me your story…
- Naruto, I have to stay behind, and it’s not really comfortable for me yelling the story to you from here… Just ask Hinata, she knows most of the story…
- Hinata? – Naruto looked totally surprised, - Hinata, just what do you know about that?
- Oh well, Naruto-kun, - Hinata blushed and looked down, - I was on the mission that involved Sataku-sama and his mission.
- Whaaat? – Naruto yelled, - You were on such a cool mission, and I wasn’t there, but why??
- Naruto-kun… it was at night… Kiba-kun came for me and Shino-kun and Tsunade-sama sent us to track Sataku-sama…
- Oh, man…now I’m totally disappointed… so, Hinata, go on… what happened?
- Well… We made it just in time to save Sataku-sama… Kiba-sun knocked one of them down, but they both were almost out of chakra, so they ran away and didn’t fight us… But Sataku-sama… he was beaten severely… he was unconscious… it was good that Tsunade-sama decided to send ANBU squad to help us, and they had a medical ninja… Otherwise, Sataku-sama could have died…
- I see… - Naruto mumbled, - I missed one of the coolest missions in my life…
- Don’t be upset, Naruto-kun, - Hinata raised her head and looked at him, - this mission may turn out to be great as well…
- Huh? – Naruto winced in disgust; - This is just a lame excuse for a mission. So, anyway, Hinata, who were those two guys?
- I… I don’t know, Naruto-kun… They were wearing black coats and one of them had a huge strange-looking sword…
- A strange looking sword, huh? – Naruto scratched his head and suddenly his pupils widened, - No way!! Just now way!! Don’t tell me they were from Akatsuki?? - he yelled, - hey, Sataku-sensei, where those guys really Akatsuki???
- Huh? What? Which guys, - Sataku awoke from his thoughts.
- The guys you fought!! When Hinata and the others saved you!!
- Oh, right… those guys… yep… we had a little talk, and they happened to like me no more than I liked them… so, we beat each other up. It turned out that they were more successful in it… If Hinata and the others didn’t come at the last moment – I would have been killed…
- No! Totally no way!! You’re saying I missed a chance to kick Akatsuki-ass??? – Naruto became utterly angry and frustrated.
- Perhaps, that’s why Tsunade-sama didn’t send Naruto-kun on that mission with us, - Hinata said aside.
- What was that, Hinata?
- Oh, n..nothing, Naruto-kun… I just said that Sataku-sama was strong enough to merely defeat them both… he just wasn’t able to finish them off…
- I guess so, - Naruto said, but that makes him soooo cool! I wonder when he will teach me one of his jutsu!
- Perhaps, I will try to learn it too, - Hinata smiled shyly and looked at Naruto.
- All right! – Naruto smiled back, - Then we’ll learn in together! Sataku-sensei!!
- Oh, what is it now, Naruto? – Sataku said in an annoyed voice.
- Could you also teach Hinata this jutsu you were talking about?
- Of course, - Sataku sounded surprised, - I didn’t know she wanted to learn it, too…
- She does, believe it!
- Hm… she will go that far for him… she will try to master it in order for him to notice her…Hinata has guts… I wonder why she can’t just tell him – Sataku thought.



Meanwhile three ninja are hiding in the trees.

- So, this is Jataiya Sataku, - one whispered.
- Yeah, that’s him… the one who captured Kori, - the other responded in a whisper.
- We won’t attack them today, they are still pretty close to Konoha, there might be some sort of patrol monitoring this area, - the third said, - we will wait until the next day…
- Are we going to be able to take him down? Not to mention those two kids? The second said, looking at Naruto and Hinata.
- He seems to be pretty beat up after Akatsuki gained on him… as far as those two – I don’t even consider them a disturbance, we’ll take them down first, and then Sataku will be left alone… tomorrow…



Close to sunset.

- All right, we’ll be spending the night here, - Sataku said.
- What?? We’re not going through the night?? – Naruto asked, frustrated, - geez… this mission is getting more and more boring…
- Just calm down, Naruto, - Sataku sighed, - there is no point in hurrying up. Besides, I can try and teach you the jutsu…
- All right! Are you ready, Hinata! Let’s start training!
- Huh? Naruto-kun… - Hinata reddened.
- Just wait, you knucklehead! – Sataku smirked, - let us eat first. See that village down the road? Perhaps, we can get something to eat there.
- But why didn’t we take any food with us??? It’s such a waste of time!! – Naruto yelled.
- Oh, Naruto, - Sataku sighed, - just shut up. What’s the point of taking everything with us if we can get everything on the way? Just hurry up and let’s go find something to eat first. You didn’t forget to take you wallet with you, or did you, Naruto?
- No way! It’s always with me, - Naruto made a “nice guy” pose.
- In that case, Naruto, Hinata, let’s go!
- All right!
- Yes, Sataku-sama.

Village.

- Damn, I wonder if we can get ramen here, - Naruto said, - this place doesn’t look that promising. Hinata, do you like ramen?
- Sure, Naruto-kun, - Hinata looked at Naruto and blushed.
- All right, then I’ll treat you! – Naruto smiled, - but I wonder if they have a ramen shop here…
- Naruto-kun will treat me ramen… - Hinata thought and smiled shyly.
- Just wait for a minute, Naruto, - Sataku said, looking around, I’m trying to remember… I was in this village once… but it was pretty long ago… but back then, it had a ramen shop… Now, let’s see… The village has grown bigger since then, but the features are the same…
- Oh, come on, Sataku-sensei, think faster, I’m hungry!
- Naruto, shut up. I thought you didn’t want to eat…
- Well, I though so, too. But thinking about hot steaming ramen makes my stomach growling. How about you, Hinata?
- Ughm… yes, me too, Naruto-kun, - Hinata smiled.
- Okay, I’ve figured it out…we need to go straight a little more, and then turn right after that old building over there, - Sataku said.
- All right, let’s go! – Naruto sounded excited.

They walked a little more, and indeed, found a ramen shop.

- Well, okay, Naruto, I must leave you two here, - Sataku said.
- Huh? – Hinata sighed.
- What? Aren’t you going to eat with us, Sataku-sensei? – Naruto said, surprised.
- I… I… I just don’t like ramen…I will find some other place to eat, and we will meet near those trees where we were going to stay overnight. You feel free to stay as long as you need to, don’t hurry back, okay? – Sataku smiled.
- Hey, what about that new jutsu? Hey, where the hell are you going?? – Naruto yelled, seeing Sataku disappearing, - oh, well… I guess, it can’t be helped… Hinata, let’s go have ourselves some ramen.
- Thank you, Naruto-kun…

Both enter the ramen shop. No one else is inside except for the miso-man.

- Welcome to my ramen shop, youngsters! You’re a pretty late, but I guess, I don’t have anything better to do, - the miso-man said and smiled, - and what will you have?
- Hinata, how many bowls would you like? – Naruto smiled.
- How many… bowls… ugh…Naruto-kun… I don’t eat much…One is plenty enough, – Hinata said shyly and reddened.
- Just one? Well, let it be one for now and if you want some more later – just tell me.
- Thank you, Naruto-kun…
- Oh, no problem, Hinata! As for me, miso-man, I’ll have three…no, four! – Naruto yelled excitedly, - Is your ramen any good? I’m a ramen expert!
- Ramen expert, you say? – The miso-man smiled.
- You bet! I eat Ichiraku’s ramen every day! He’s the best!
- Ichiraku, huh? I know him.
- What? You do? - Naruto asked in a surprised tone.
- He’s my old friend! – the miso-man said, - we always used to compete whose cooking is better! But in order not to interfere with each other’s business, we decided to spread apart. So, my ramen may be even better that his! Here you go!
- All right! Eat up, Hinata! Itadakimasu!! – Naruto started wolfing his ramen.
- Thank you, Naruto-kun… Naruto-kun, you should not eat that fast, you can choke…
- Don’t worry, Hinata, I’m used to that, - Naruto mumbled mouthful, - I have been doing that every day.. augh… ku… - Naruto started choking.
- Naruto-kun, hold on! – Hinata stood up and gently slapped Naruto’s back. Naruto stopped choking.
- Wow, Hinata, you are stong! – Naruto smiled.
- Naruto-kun, did I hit you hard? I was trying to be gentle… - Hinata blushed.
- Well, it was gentle… but it was also hard… I can’t really figure out more of which it was, but thanks, Hinata!
- You are welcome, Naruto-kun, - Hinata started eating, looking at her bowl.
- The little lady has a strong touch, - laughed the miso-man, - so, how do you consider my ramen?
- I’m still deciding which one is better! – said Naruto, chewing vigorously, - what about you, Hinata.
- Huh… it’s good… very good, Naruto-kun…
- All right, I’ll leave you two youngsters here; I need to clean the kitchen, because I need to close soon. But you have enough time to eat and chat. If there’s anything more I could offer you – just call me, - the miso-man said and left.
- This is good, - said Naruto, finishing the third bowl, - it’s just like Ichiraku’s ramen, I can’t tell the difference! Huh? Hinata, why are not eating? You don’t like it?
- Ugh… Naruto-kun… it’s a little hot still, so I’m letting it cool, - Hinata looked aside and reddened.
- Oh, I see! But don’t let it cool too much, or it will become tasteless, - Naruto started the forth bowl.
- Okay…Naruto-kun, may I ask you something? – Hinata looked at Naruto.
- Sure! What is it, Hinata?
- It’s just… Naruto-kun… you have been away for more than two years… what have you been up to?
- Well…. I have been training with Perverted Hermit.
- Who?
- His name is Jiraiya, and he’s one of the three Legendary Sannin, - Naruto finished eating, - all right, I’m done! I don’t think want more. Eat up, Hinata! You don’t want it to get too cold
- I will… Naruto-kun… why do you call your sensei “Perverted Hermit”?
- Oh, well, - Naruto smiled, - he is not my sensei anymore; I’ve been training with Kakashi-sensei since I got back. But Perverted Hermit… he’s… he’s just… perverted… he likes peeking on young women. He makes excuses for himself that it’s just a research for his book. His book must be perverted, too. Kakashi-sensei reads it all the time…
- Oh, - Hinata reddened, - I see…
- So, the only way to make Perverted Hermit train me was to… to… - Naruto paused, thinking whether to continue or not, made up his mind and proceeded, - to get his eyes of the lake where they were the girls were playing.
- I see, - Hinata smiled and started eating.
- I was just about to tell her that I used to do sexy jutsu in order to make Perverted Hermit train me, Naruto thought, - but telling that to Hinata doesn’t seem like a smart idea at all… She seems so… gentle… Even when she slapped me on the back, I could swear I could sense her trying to be gentle…She’s a lot different from Sakura-chan. Hinata doesn’t talk much and almost always looks away when she talks to everyone. I wonder why she feels so inferior to everyone else, including me…when she fought Neji back then, she was so determined… she was trying to prove herself to everyone… including me… for some reason, I think it was me more than everyone else she was trying to prove herself to… and she did… and Neji… I could have sworn I’d beat the hell out of him back then. But Lee interfered…we were so different: Neji, Lee, Kiba, Choji, Shikamaru… and yet, I guess, we can call each other friends now…
- Naruto-kun…
- Huh? What is it, Hinata? – Naruto awoke from his thoughts.
- You seem a little down, Naruto-kun, - Hinata put her bowl aside.
- No, really, everything is fine, Hinata. I see that you have finished. Would you like more?
- No, Naruto-kun, thank you. It was delicious… - Hinata blushed.
- Miso-man, - Naruto called.
- Yes, what is it? - the miso-man appeared from the kitchen.
- I would like to pay, and we will take our leave, thank you, - Naruto took some money from his wallet.
- Okay, youngsters, I hope you enjoyed my ramen!
- It’s the same as Ihiraku’s, - Naruto smiled, - Hinata liked it a lot, too.
- My pleasure! – The miso-man smiled.
- Thank you! – Naruto said, - Let’s go Hinata!
- Okay, Naruto-kun… thank you, miso-man, it was really delicious.


Outside.


- All right, it’s a good feeling of being fed, - Naruto stretched, - Now, let’s go back.
- Yes, Naruto-kun… and…thank you, - Hinata looked down and shuffled.
- Her shyness makes her look so cute, - Naruto thought, - I never noticed before how cute she really was…
- Naruto-kun…
- Huh?
- You seem to be a little down again…
- I… I was just thinking of something… let’s go, Hinata.
- Yes.

They walked quietly for a while.

- Hinata, - Naruto started, - does Neji treat you differently after that battle you’ve had?
- Huh? Well… he is kinder than he used to be, but he’s still very serious…
- I see, - Naruto looked aside, - Ugh… Hinata…
- What is it, Naruto-kun…
- Why are you so shy? – Naruto looked at Hinata; - You’re the only girl I know who is as shy as you are… Sakura is much different from you, and… I don’t really know much about Ino or Ten Ten, but I know they are not like you. You’re very… very docile…
- I don’t know, Naruto-kun, - Hinata looked aside and blushed, - I really don’t know…
- Well, you should not be, - Naruto smiled at her, - because aside of being very shy, you are cool, Hinata. Huh? Hinata! Are you okay? You look totally pale!
- Yes, Naruto-kun… I’m fine…just feeling tired a little…
- Well, were are almost there, so we can rest, - Naruto said, - but your look scared me a lot, I thought something was really wrong with you…
- Sorry, Naruto-kun…
- Oh, that’s all right, I’m just worried, that all…
- Naruto-kun said I was cool… and he’s worried about be… - Hinata thought.
- Had a nice time? – Sataku’s voice asked
- Huh? Sataku-sensei, where are you? – Naruto checked the surroundings, - where are you? Hey! What are you doing on that tree?
- I was just finishing the food I bought in the village, - Sataku jumped down, - how was your time?
- We ate and walked back here, - Naruto said, - Hinata seems a little tired, but I’m in perfect condition to learn that new jutsu of yours!
- Naruto, - Sataku sighed.
- Huh?
- Are you out of your mind, Naruto? It’s very late. What do you think people in the village will think if they see flashes and hear weird noises in the forest at night?
- But sensei!
- No buts, Naruto. But you and Hinata will take a rest now… and so will I…
- Oh, all right.

All three made their travel beds and lied down in them.

- Good night, Sataku-sensei, good night, Hinata! – Naruto yawned.
- Good night, Naruto-kun, - Hinata smiled and closed her eyes.
- Hm… good night you say…I wish, - Sataku thought…

Away in the trees the three ninja observed.

- So, they decided to stay overnight…this eases our mission, - one said.
- I can see, you’re eager to do it right now, Kazuri?
- Yeah, - the first ninja answered
- No on is going to start anything right now while I’m still the leader, - the third ninja said, - I said when we are going to start, and that’s how it is going to be… Understood?
- But why can’t we do it now, Iza, - Kazuri asked.
- What makes you so sure that there are no more shinobi in that village over there? - The third ninja said, - Sataku and his group may not be the only ninja that rest here. We don’t need any more obstacles in our way… We will let them leave this place in the morning, and in four hours they will be pretty far away from here, and that where we will get them…
- Hm, it looks like Sataku is not asleep… did he figure out we are on him? – the second ninja asked.
- Unlikely, Hadashi, - Kazuri answered, - he’s a ninja assassin… people like him never sleep in open area like that.
- Fine then, then let us rest, while you, Kazuri, will be on the watch, - Iza said, - after all, you don’t need to sleep, and you can see through the darkness just as well as you see during the day…even thought, I can’t even call it seeing…
- Understood, - Kazuri said.

When lame becomes dangerous: We will protect the letter! What?? They are not after it??? What do they want, then???

Morning. Naruto woke up and saw Sataku sitting.

- Sataku-sensei, it doesn’t look like you’ve slept through this night, - Naruto yawned, - did anything happen?
- Oh, Naruto, you’re awake, - Sataku said, - no, nothing is wrong… I just woke up… a little while ago…
- Hinata is still asleep, - Naruto thought, looking at Hinata, - and she sure is cute while she’s asleep.
- Naruto, wake up Hinata, and let’s continue, - Sataku said.
- But… she’s sleeping… Why don’t you teach me your jutsu while she’s asleep? And when she wakes up – we will continue with the mission, - Naruto looked at Sataku.
- Ough… All right, let’s step away from here so we don’t wake her up.

Naruto and Sataku walked some distance away.

- Now, listen to me, Naruto, - Sataku said, Chakra Shuriken is a very special jutsu. It requires a great amount of chakra you use it, but it’s well worth it…
- Why? What is so good about it? – Naruto looked confused.
- Well… the first thing is that they are not made of normal chakra, they are made of destructive chakra.
- Huh? What is destructive chakra?
- I’m sure you’ve seen it, but you didn’t realize that that was it, Sataku said. – It is a kind of chakra that has a special property of destroying any other chakra it comes in contact with. In other words, if your enemy happens to get hit with it – he or she will lose some amount of their own chakra.
- Wow! That sounds sooo cool! Teach me now, Sataku-sensei, - Naruto said excitedly.
- Hold on, Naruto. Don’t rush it. The hardest thing is to create destructive chakra.
- So, teach me how!
- Oh, do you have to be so noisy, Naruto? Hinata will awake, and we will have to get going, you know?
- All right, I get it, - Naruto whispered.
- So, let’s continue. The other unusual property of destructive chakra is that when it breaks the contact with you body – it does not get dispersed into the air, like normal chakra would do. Basically, you can’t do Chakra Shuriken with normal chakra exactly for that reason.
- So, how do I create such chakra, - Naruto asked
- You see, the trick is to be able to accumulate large amount of chakra around your hands, and release it in a very short period of time. After you are able to do that, I will teach you the seals to form shuriken of it.
- How should I train?
- Use that tree over there, - Sataku pointed, - just try to quickly concentrate chakra and then release it fast. This gives it some stability and allows it to stay without any contact with your body for a while.
- How do I know that I’m doing it right? – Naruto looked at Sataku
- Easy, - Sataku smiled, - when you will be able to tell the difference between the two. Just train and release the chakra into that tree until you can feel which one is which. This will be the first stage. Just don’t get overworked, okay? We still have to continue the mission.

Naruto walked up to the tree and started training. Sataku looked at him for a while and then went back to where Hinata was sleeping.

- Just concentrate and quickly release! – mumbled Naruto and released some chakra. – I felt nothing different, let’s go again! Concentrate and release! Concentrate and release! Darn! It doesn’t seem to be working… I know! Kage Bunshin no Justu!


Naruto produced five Bunshins.

- All right, let’s do it together, so we will learn together!
- Right! – Bunshin answered.
- Hm… he uses his Bunshin to train… I wonder if he was the one who came up with this idea, - Sataku said, looking at Naruto, - since every Kage Bunshin shares experience with the original, that way he can learn as many times faster as the number of Bunshin he produces… very smart…

Some time has passed. Hinata woke up and looked to see where Naruto and Sataku were.

- Sataku-sama, where’s Naruto? – Hinata rose and sat.
- Oh, Hinata, you have awakened as well, - Sataku turned his head to her, - I asked him whether we should wake you up and go, and he insisted that we should let you wake up by yourself. So, he decided to use the time for training. Go tell him that that’s enough and we’re leaving, while I will pack our travel beds.
- He didn’t want to wake me up?

Hinata went to where Naruto is and looked how he was training for a while.

- Together! Concentrate! Release! Concentrate! Release!
- Naruto-kun…
- Huh? – all six Naruto turned to look at Hinata, - oh, good morning, Hinata!
- How is your training going, Naruto-kun?
- Well, I’m finally starting to get it! – Naruto smiled, - Did you sleep well?
- Yeah, quite well, Naruto-kun. Sataku-sensei said we are leaving, so you should come back.
- All right, let’s go then, - Naruto dispelled the Bunshin.
- Ugh… Naruto-kun, - Hinata blushed.
- What is it, Hinata?
- Did you… did you not want to wake me up?
- Well, you looked a little tired yesterday. I thought that it would be good for you to get some extra sleep, - Naruto smiled, - and besides, I got some training. I’m not sure whether I’m really doing what I should, but… I will ask Sataku-sensei. Let’s go, Hinata.
- Naruto-kun really cares, - Hinata thought happily.


Naruto and Hinata went to where Sataku was.

- So, Naruto, I see that you have a smart strategy of learning together with Kage Bunshin.
- Yeah! – Naruto smiled, - Kakashi-sensei told me that.
- Hatake Kakashi? The Copycat ninja… Hm…nothing less could be expected from him, - thought Sataku.
- And I think I’m starting to get, Sataku-sensei!
- Oh, really? – Sataku looked at Naruto.
- Yeah! This chakra seems much denser. It’s more like Rasengan with the exception that the chakra doesn’t rotate and doesn’t have to be in a spherical form.
- Rasengan? The technique of the Forth Hokage? – Sataku sounded surpsised.
- It’s my favorite move. Perverted hermit taught it to me.

Hinata sniggered when she heard “perverted hermit”.

- Perverted hermit? – Sataku asked.
- Yeah, - Naruto smiled, - his name is Jiraiya, but I call him perverted hermit.
- Jiraiya? One of the Three Legendary Sannin? He trained you? You impress me more and more, Uzumaki Naruto. I guess, I don’t want to know why you call him that, - Sataku smiled, - but since you have already figured out how destructive chakrs works, let me teach you the seals.
- All right, let’s go, Sataku-sensei, - Naruto yelled impatiently.
- Look at what I’m doing. The combination is fairly straight forward – five seals only. It will give your shakra a form of multiple shuriken. Watch closely!


Sataku performed a combination of five seals, and released Chakra Shuriken.

- Wow! – Naruto yelled. – That was sooo cool!
- Now you try it, have you memorized the combination? – Sataku asked.
- I sure did!
- Now remember one thing, Naruto. The seals’ effect doesn’t hold for a long time, so release chakra with a very little delay after you perform the seals.
- Got it! Here it goes!

Naruto performed the combination, just as Sataku did, and released several Chakra Shuriken, but significantly less that Sataku did.

- Good job, Naruto! – Sataku smiled.
- But I… you had a lot more, - Naruto looked disappointed.
- It doesn’t matter. You were in such a hurry so you didn’t allow enough chakra to collect in your hands. Next time just give it a little more time. Now let’s go!
- Ough… All right, - Naruto said.
- Naruto-kun, you are so good! – Hinata said and smiled.
- Oh? Thank you, Hinata! I will teach you this jutsu later, I promise, - Naruto smiled.


All three continued their mission, and so did the three ninja in the trees. No faces were seen.

- So, they even had time train here, - Hadashi said, - I guess, it’s no more of a mission than a regular walk.
- That kid is quite sharp. He learned Chakra Shuriken in less than an hour, - Iza said.
- It doesn’t matter, we will take them down without any problems, - Kazuri said.
- You’re always so eager to spill blood, Kazuri, - Hadashi chuckled evilly.
- It’s in my nature to like blood, being from a clan that has been cursed for eternity by Gardozu himself, the Great Bat King.
- I know… - Hadashi mumbled.
- Let’s go, guys! – Iza commanded.


Noon. Somewhere in the forest.

- Sataku-sama, how long do we have to go still? – Naruto asked.
- No so long, Naruto. Our destination is if about four hours of walk.
- What??? Are you saying that we have to walk four more hours?? – Naruto yelled. – But this is ridiculous!
- Naruto, shut up.
- What? Don’t you shut me up!!
- No, seriously, shut up, - Sataku said and moved closer to Naruto and Hinata, - we have company.
- Huh? – Naruto looked around, - I don’t see anyone… where?
- It’s not what you see; it’s what you feel… It’s obvious that you have not developed a feel for an opponent’s chakra yet. It takes a lot of time to master. Hinata, you’re from Hyuga clan. If you use your Byukugan, you may see three ninja. There, there and there, - Sataku pointed to three directions.
- Byukugan! – Hinata looked at the directions Sataku pointed at, - it’s…it’s true…
- Huh? – Naruto looked confused.
- All right! – Sataku said loudly, whoever you are, show yourself! You have been following us since yesterday. This game has become annoying. Last time I’ve played such a game I had to sacrifice half of my face.

The three ninja jumped around Sataku, Naruto and Hinata.

- My, my… Why am I not surprised? – Sataku smiled sarcastically, - the Hidden Sound ninja.
- Wow!! This guy has no eyes!! – Naruto yelled, terrified, looking and Kazuri, - just how do you see???
- I don’t, - Kazuri said, - I don’t see, I hear…
- Whaaaat???
- What’s wrong, are you afraid? – Kazuri smiled.
- N…no… it’s just that… I don’t understand….you can’t see… how can you fight?
- Just explain him, Iza, - Kazuri smirked, - or I will do it my own way…
- Do you know how bats find fly at night? And how they identify obstacles? – Iza asked Naruto.
- N.. not really…
- You aren’t the smart one, are you, - Iza smiled, - well, a bat produces ultrasonic waves – the sound waves that have such a high frequency that human ear can’t pick them up. When the waves are released, they travel in all the directions, bounce back of any obstacle on their way and return, so the bat hears them and knows what to be aware of. As for Kazuri, his clan was cursed for eternity with a powerful curse of the Great Bat King named Gardozu. As of that day, no children of the clan were born with eyes…
- No way! That’s impossible!! – Naruto yelled, - but how can they live??
- That’s the interesting part, - Iza continued, - you see, many people are still debating whether Gardozu cursed the clan or gave them a gift, because each member of the clan has a structure of the ear canal and the inner ear that allows the person to pick up ultrasonic waves as well as normal sound waves that any regular person can hear. So, basically, Kazuri is like a bat in the sense that he sees by hearing. The curse also adopted his brain so it could incorporate the information he’s getting with the sound. Right now he is constantly producing ultrasonic waves using his chakra in order to keep track of where you are.
- Yeah, kid, and I can see you legs shaking right now, - Kazuri laughed.
- I’m not shaking! - Naruto yelled, - Just come here, and I’ll hit your eyeless face…
- Shut up, Naruto, - Sataku said, - just how good is this “sight”, Iza? That’s your name, right?
- Well, - Iza smiled, - if you look at his ears, you will find them a little elongated. It makes them more movable and closer to being the same structure as those of a bat. Therefore, he can easily twist them to pick up the sound even from the sides. Basically, he has an almost 360 degree field of “vision”, even though you can’t really call it that.
- Huh… it is still nothing in comparison to Hinata’s Byukugan, - Naruto smiled arrogantly, - right, Hinata?
- I… I supposed so, Naruto-kun - Hinata blushed.
- And what about you? – Naruto looked at Iza, - what’s up with those weird things on your arms? I remember seeing one like that before, but…where… Oh, yeah! That ninja from Sound during the Chuunin exam about three years ago. He defeated Choji at the third round… but he never showed up for the finals…
- Oh? Really? You must be talking about Kinata Dosu, - Iza smiled, - ah… some nostalgic memories.
- Huh? – Naruto scratched the back of his head.
- Dosu was the initiator and the first inventor of this device. I joined him when he was almost done projecting it. I helped him to make it, and he was the first one to wear and use it. But then… Dosu left to Orochimaru… He is considered missing, but some reliable sources insist that he’s dead. And I’m not surprised… That’s what you get for trusting Orochimaru and fighting for his ambitions, - Iza looked away, - but anyway, when Dosu left, I used his scripts to build two of these things. At first it seemed hard to use two of them at the same time, but after a while I got used to it. Dosu was a genius, indeed. It’s too bad that he thought that he could be better off with Orochimaru.
- Orochimaru, - Naruto said angrily, - why does everything always have to do with Orochimaru? One day I’ll find him and kick his…
- Shut up, Naruto, - Sataku said, - So, you three need something from us… I know it’s not the letter, because it’s completely useless to you.
- What??? – Naruto yelled at Sataku, what you mean useless?? It is our mission, isn’t it?
- Naruto, how many times do I have to tell you no to be so loud? The letter very is important, indeed, but not to them…I have an idea what they want…
- What is it, Sataku-sama, - Hinata looked at Sataku.
- Me, - Sataku sighed.
- Heh, - Hadashi smiled, - you figured out, didn’t you?
- Whaaat? You, Sataku-sensei?? – Naruto yelled.
- Geez, Naruto… how many times…
- Okay, okay, I’m quiet.
- It would be stupid of me not to figure that out, - Sataku said to Iza, - being a ninja assassin means that by killing or capturing one ninja you get ten more on your back who want to avenge you… And even thought I’m technically retired… I still have such enemies, as I can see… Just one question to you three… I would like to know whom you’re trying to avenge me for?
- Does it matter? – Kazuri grinned, - you are going to die anyway…
- Actually, it matters, - Sataku said calmly, - I just need to know whose allies I should cross out after you’re dead.
- Heh, - Hadashi said, - you daresay that you three will win?
- Not three of us, just me…
- What?? – Naruto yelled, - are you crazy? Are you saying you will fight them alone?? What about us?
- Naruto, - Sataku looked at him, - you don’t need to get yourself involved in that and possibly get killed. I consider this to be a call from the past, and it has nothing to do with you. I don’t want you to get involved… for me…
- But Sataku-sama, you are still hurt, - Hinata said.
- Yeah, you can’t fight them all! – Naruto agreed.
- You’re talking as if we were going to allow someone leave, - Iza laughed.
- Iza, they have nothing to do with this, - Sataku said calmly, - if you touch them – you will be the first to die. I’ve dealt with punks like you many times. I can’t think of any reason why this time should be different…
- Oh, yes, - Iza laughed, - some tough talk. Still, no one is leaving.
- Even if we could, we would not leave, Sataku-sensei! – Naruto said.
- Huh? – Sataku looked at Naruto.
- I know that you used to be a ninja assassin and worked alone, but things are different now… You have a team, and one of the rules of the team is always to watch out for each other. And that includes fighting! So be it, we will fight! Right, Hinata?
- Naruto is brave, - Hinata thought, - and I must be brave, too!
- Hinata?
- Yes, Naruto-kun, we will!
- Geez, - Sataku sighed, - you’re are so eager to get you ass kicked, Naruto. And you’re dragging Hinata into doing it.
- Naruto-kun is not dragging me… – Hinata said, - he’s right… we are the team…
- Oh, fine, - Sataku sighed, - but, Naruto… you are an idiot.
- So, shall we, - Iza said with anticipation?
- I asked you a question before, and you didn’t answer, - Sataku said, - I would at least like to know which friend of yours I dealt with.
- If it makes you feel better, it’s Hazano Kori, - Hadashi said.
- Not that we cared much about him, - Kazuri said, - but we had some plans that involved him. And with him gone, those plans are pretty much useless. So, in order to let out anger out a little, we just need to kill you all.
- Kazuri, if I didn’t know you for a long time, I would have been scared of you bloodlust right now, - Iza smirked, - all right! Kazuri, I see, you’re a little interested in that brat that talks too much. Hadashi, you will have the easy task of dealing with the girl, and Sataku is mine. Just kill them quickly and assist me. Even though he’s injured from the fight with Akatsuki, he is still very powerful.
- Finally! Come here, boy! – Kazuri dashed at Naruto, - I will drink all your blood!
- What? Where did everyone go? – Sataku looked around, - or no, there’s no way you’re fooling me! Kai!

Sataku dispelled Iza’s genjustu and jumped away from a direct attack. Naruto tried to meet Kazuri with a punch, but Kazuri disappeared from the attack, appeared behind Naruto and unleashed a devastating kick, setting Naruto flying away and hitting a tree face first. Hinata and Hadashi remained in place.

- Naruto-kun!! – Hinata yelled, seeing Naruto getting hit.
- Oh, don’t worry, - Hadashi smiled, - Kazuri will deal with him shortly. As far as you… I think I’m going to let you go…
- Huh? – Hinata looked at Hadashi.
- You see, girls should not really become shinobi. I don’t feel comfortable fighting someone who’s obviously weaker than me…
- You… you are underestimating me…– Hinata looked Hadashi straight in the eyes, - Why do you make stereotypes like that? There are many female shinobi who could beat such an arrogant guy like you….
- Ha-ha-ha, - Hadashi laughed, - and you’re trying to say that you’re one of them?
- You just have to find out, - Hinata stood into a ready-to-fight pose.
- You’re challenging me? – Hadashi lowered on his knees, - how stupid. Seismic Destruction!

Hadashi touched the ground, and the land started exploding and fissures appeared everywhere while the center of destruction was nearing Hinata really fast. Hinata jumped away, and got hit in her neck by a rock propelled away by the explosion. Hinata landed at a safe distance from Hadashi and touched her bruise.

- What’s wrong, - Hadashi laughed, - are you reconsidering? Do you not want to fight me anymore? Did you like my Seismic Destruction? It’s basically a sound wave, too. But its frequency is so low that it can’t be picked up by the human ear. Such waves are produced during earthquakes. But creating seismic waves under ground with the use of my chakra, I can initiate earthquakes myself! And since the sound moves a lot faster in the earth, this attack is very quick. I see, you noticed that! Hey, girl! I can still let you go! You’re no match for me…
- Naruto-kun didn’t run away, and so won’t I! – Hinata glared at Hadashi.
- Oh? That meddling fool? – Hadashi smirked, - are you his girlfriend?
- I… I’m not… I don’t know… - Hinata looked down.
- Huh? Well, you should have figured it our before this day, because it was the last time you saw him. Kazuri never loses.
- You’re wrong! – Hinata raised his head and said angrily, - Naruto-kun is much stronger than you think! And today your friend will be defeated!
- Oh… what a passion, - Hadashi said, - I can figure out whether it’s pathetic or just boring. So, are you looking for some more, little girl? All right, then!


Naruto is fighting Kazuri. Kazuri charges from all directions, disappears and charges again. The only thing Naruto can do is block.
- Damn it! What should I do, - Naruto thought, blocking the attacks, - he is so fast I can barely keep up with him. I know! Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!

Naruto produced ten Bunshin, and they spread out. Kazuri started taking out one by one, attacking from all directions. Kazuri destroyed another Bunshin, and got kicked in the face by the real Naruto, who was hiding behind his Bunshin. Kazuri landed on the ground on his feet.

- I must applaud you, - Kazuri smirked, - you’ve managed to hit me.
- Your ears allow you to see no better than human eyes would have in terms that you can’t see what is behind something else, - Naruto tried to keep his cool in place, - and, man, you don’t know how creepy your face looks. Especially, when you’re smiling.
- You dare you insult me, brat? Gardozu Screech!

Kazuri produced a loud sound of such a high tone that Naruto was forced to drop on his knees and cover his ears. Kazuri used the moment to dash and tackled Naruto into the nearest tree, and then forced him against it, holding him by the throat.

- Looks like it’s over for you, brat, - Kazuri grinned, - now I’m going to drink all of your blood. What? A substitution?
- Man, this guy is creepy, - Naruto thought, hiding on the tree, - I’ve got to help Hinata first.


Iza tried to force a close fight, but Sataku backed away, throwing Chakra Shuriken.

- Are you going to keep retreating from me? – Iza said arrogantly, - this is getting annoying!
- Do you think I’m stupid? – Sataku smiled, - thanks to Naruto I know that those devices on your hand are not just to make you look fancy. I don’t exactly now what they do, but I don’t want to find out. You use genjutsu to confuse your opponents and then you attack them using a combination of taijutsu and these things. Smart strategy.
- Nicely figured out. Just as expected from a ninja assassin, - Iza grinned, - but I can do much more! Fine! You don’t want a close combat! I get it! Let’s play rough! Sonic Whirl!

Iza raised both his arms and produced two horizontal whirlwinds that targeted Sataku. He left two Bunshin to shield himself and jumped backwards. The Bunshin got sucked into the whirlwinds and destroyed. Sataku responded with Chakra Whips, trying to catch Iza, but he dodged and closed up the gap between Sataku and himself.

- I got you now! – Iza punched Sataku, - heh…I knew that you would not let me get you that easily…

Sataku turned out to be Bunshin, and Iza’s punch destroyed it. Iza looked around to see where the real Sataku was. Behind Iza, from the leaves four Chakra Whips appeared and captured Iza’s arms and legs. Iza melted before Sataku’s eyes.

- Not again, - Sataku thought, - Kai! Hm… he’s still not there… It can’t be! Kai!

Iza charged at Sataku and landed a punch in his face. At the same time he used his arm device. Sataku felt dizzy and fell down on the ground back first. Iza jumped from the tree, knee first on Sataku’s chest. Sataku rolled away, and Iza landed next to him.

- So, I got you now for real, - Iza said, smiling.

Meanwhile, Hadashi dashed at Hinata.

- I must do the move that Neji-nii-san taught me, - Hinata thought.
- Seismic Touch! – Hadashi approached Hinata.
- Kaiten!

Hinata’s Kainen threw Hadashi back, and he landed on his four.

- Seismic Destruction!
- Oh no, that move again! – Hinata thought, - it’s hard to dodge; I have to shield myself. Kaiten!

The exploding ground reached Hinata’s Kaiten and slowed down for a while, but then it tossed her backwards. She landed back first on the ground.

- I guess, that’s all you can show me, - Hadashi smiled, - but it was somewhat entertaining. That Kaiten of yours…
- I’m not done yet, - Hinata stood up.
- Oh? What a pity. Why do you have to push yourself like that?
- Because… because Naruto-kun would never give up, - Hinata clenched fists.
- Please, don’t tell me that you’re thinking… no… hoping… hoping that he is still alive, - Hadashi laughed, - Pathetic. Seismic Wave!

Hadashi lifted his hands, and Hinata got thrown backwards again, landing on the ground five meters away.

- Impressive, isn’t it? – Hadashi laughed, walking towards Hinata, - Isn’t that amazing what sound can do? High intensity seismic waves can create such a disturbance in the air that wind is produced… I think that I should kill you know… I can’t bear to feel more pity. And he will not save you…
- Finally found you! Chakra Shuriken!

Naruto appeared in the air and threw Chakra Shuriken. This time it was a lot. Hadashi jumped aside at the last second. Suddenly, Kazuri appeared behind Naruto.

- And I found you… - Kazuri whispered into Naruto’s ear and landed a devastating punch in Naruto’s back, setting him straight on the ground, - now, Hadashi!
- With pleasure! - Hadashi rushed towards Naruto, - now you die, brat!! I’ll drive so mush seismic waves through you body, all your inner organs will burst! Seismic Touch!
- This is too fast, - Naruto thought, trying to get up, standing on his four - I won’t be able to get away!
- Don’t touch Naruto-kun!! - Hinata screamed from behind Hadashi.
- Oh? – Hadashi turned his head back, - you still can move? Huh? Where is she? No! Don’t tell me… - he turned his head forward.

Suddenly, Hadashi’s body twisted, and his head rose up. His pupils widened, his mouth opened, and blood started dripping from it on Hinata’s hand. He stood for a moment like that and then dropped on the ground face down before Hinata. She stood before Naruto with her legs shaking.

- Impossible, - Naruto thought, - she was lying about seven meters away from me, yet she was able to stand up, rush after this guy, catch his attention from behind, and the quickly relocate herself before me and attack him while he was turning his head. Hinata is amazing!
- Naruto-kun, are you okay? - Hinata dropped on her knees.
- Yeah, - Naruto stood up, - thank you, Hinata. You save my life! You are really amaz… Look out!

Naruto forced his body on the side to shield Hinata, and dashing Kazuri bashed Naruto in the chest with his shoulder. The impact threw Hinata aside and set Naruto flying. He landed on his back and spit blood on his chest. Kazuri approached Hadashi with a twisted smile on his eyeless face.

- Hm… That was really impressive… I can’t sense Hadashi breathing… He is dead… - Kazuri turned and approached senseless Hinata, - impressive…she killed Hadashi with a single blow…all right then, she will be first to die…
- If you touch her, I will kill you!!! – Naruto stoop up on one knee.

Iza stepped on Sataku’s chest.

- It was very smart, indeed, - Sataku said hoarsely, - a double genjutsu… I took too much time to figure that out…
- It is a little disappointing, Sataku, - Iza smiled, - two genjutsu were exactly the same, one placed over another. Also, the first time it was the same as well… How could you not recognize it?
- Hm, - Sataku smiled, - I can ask you the same question.

Two Chakra Whips caught Iza’s arms from behind. Sataku jumped on his feet and punched Iza in the face. Two Bunshin landed on the left an on the right of Iza and captured his legs with Chakra Whips.

- Even if you try using your genjutsu again, - Sataku said, - it won’t save you, because I’m not the one who’s actually holding you.
- But how? – Iza tried to break away, - how could you make Bunshin right now?
- Don’t force yourself, you won’t be able to get out… - Sataku slowly made seals and two Chakra Blades appeared in his hands, - I didn’t make Bunshin now… I made them even before I caught you on the three. They were all hiding in the leaves, waiting for you to let your guard down.
- What are going to do to me? – Iza’s face turned pale, - don’t tell me you are going to kill me like that, when I am unable to defend myself?
- Being a ninja assassin taught me many things. And one of them was to never leave any enemies not taken care of. By taking care I mean either killing or beating them down senseless, tying them up and carrying them to a facility, which they will never be able to get out from. I don’t feel like doing the second one. You don’t deserve it. I don’t usually use these blades to kill, but in your case I’ll make and exception…

Iza’s death cry is heard.

- All right, - Sataku sighed, - now to help Naruto and Hinata.

Kazuri is watching Naruto trying to stand up.

- Boy, you like to be a hero, don’t you? – Kazuri made a twisted smile, - if you didn’t protect her from my blow – I would have killed her. But anyway… It doesn’t really matter. I will kill you both momentarily.
- Don’t lay a finger on her!! – Naruto stood up, - Don’t touch Hinata!
- Oh? Or what? – Kazuri stepped towards to Naruto.
- Or… I’ll kill you!!
- Ugh, - Kazuri sighed, - you know, you need to be able to back up the things you say? But what can you do?
- You! – Naruto clenched fists, - you call this a gift? Being blind? So what that you can recognize objects almost 360 degrees around you? I’m sure you can’t see how people smile or how they get upset. All you see is objects. It’s all the same to you – people, rocks, and trees. But for some reason, you are able to express emotions yourself… that weird smile of yours… and that laughter… how do you know what they mean if you have never seen them?
- Oh? – Kazuri smiled, - so you noticed. Perhaps, it wouldn’t hurt to tell you my short and tragic story. I don’t reveal this piece of my biography to anyone. Even Iza and Hadashi didn’t know… But, since you’re going to die… I’ll tell you…
- All right, already, just tell me…- Naruto said, breathing heavily.
- You see, I wasn’t originally from that clan…I was born in a wealthy family of a merchant in a village, which is located close to where the Hidden Sound Village was established much later. I was the only child, and my mom and dad loved me very much. Every day was fun and enjoyable. But during my sixth year my sight started deteriorating. Even my father’s money didn’t help anyhow, because all the doctors he called were saying the same thing – the reason was unknown. By the age of eight I became completely blind. It was such a tragedy to me and my family. Needless no say, there was no more fun. Someone told my mother that in the mountains there was a small village where all the people were blind, and yet, the village grew and prospered. She became very interested and took me to that village. She thought that people there had some sort of a skill to be able to perform all the tasks without using sight. Poor soul, she didn’t know that she was dragging me into. When we entered the village, my mom suddenly started screaming and I heard her fall and faint. Later I found out that she was terrified: people had no eyes at all… But right then, I didn’t know anything, I was alone, and I started crying. The villagers came and carried me to some old man, who turned out to be the Great Elder of the village. He asked me who I was and why I came to their place. I told him everything and asked if it was true about all people in the village being blind. He concurred and told me about the curse of Gardozu, and the horror which took place long before the Hidden Sound village was found. It turned out that the whole village belonged to one clan, and he was the only one left who actually had lived before the curse. I asked him if there was any way for me to get my sight back, and he said no. But he said that with Gardozu’s curse I could replace it in some respects. The only problem, he said, was the fact that Gardozu was a violent crazed creature with murderous intents, and it would have probably killed me if he were summoned before me. The Great Elder also said the “new” sight will not be the same. I agreed to everything. I just wanted to go back home and be happy again... be able to see. We went into a cave, and the Great Elder performed a summon, and I heard him running away quickly. Then I head a deep thunder voice. It asked me how I dared to summon him, and I told him everything. I dropped on my knees and cried my blind eyes out, begging him to give me the curse. I don’t remember what happened, but two hours later the Great Elder came back and was very surprised that I was alive. I was the only one whom Gardozu ever spared. But the next week was a living Hell. I was brought into a room and tied up. My body started undergoing irreversible transformations, including the close-up of my eyes sockets with the overgrown skin from my forehead. The pain was so great that many times I was ready to spit my guts out. But I survived…The Great Elder didn’t lie. I was able to see, but everything was so different. The curse gave me incredible speed and strength, but it didn’t give me the very thing I wanted – the ability to see fun and have fun. Needless to say, my family was terrified of my new look, so they threw me away. The Great Elder took me to live with him. He was just like me – once human, and then this… whatever you can call this. With such sight one and only thing people from the clan are able to do is to be ninja, because the speed and power gives them great advantage. And that’s basically how most of them make their living…And until the Hidden Sound was found, they used to serve other hidden villages. At first I hated it… I hated being what I was… but then the curse steadily altered my mind. I forgot about emotions. The only one I still carry with me is a sense of enjoyment from delivering pain and killing others. Emotions are useless. They drag you down and make you do things you should not have done. For example, if you didn’t have emotions, you wouldn’t have protected that girl… And then, perhaps, you could escape and stay alive…
- Shut up! – Naruto yelled, - just shut up! You’re a bastard! I thought that you were like that because you were born with that curse! But you were normal! You didn’t have to change you beliefs! You didn’t have to become evil! The others had nothing to do with your illness!
- It had nothing to do with my illness! I just saw how people turned away from me when I became this! What made them do that? Emotions! I hate people for having emotions!
- I’m sorry, - Naruto glared angrily at Kazuri, - I’m sorry that your childhood got messed up like that. But mine wasn’t any better! And yet, you and I are completely different.
- I’ve made my choice, kid… I have been living with it for seventeen years, and there’s no going back and reconsidering, - Kazuri said.
- Well then, - Naruto stepped forward, - in that case, you will have to kill me if you want to kill Hinata!
- Emotions… they drag you back, remember – Kazuri smirked, - I’ll free you from emotions!

Kazuri rushed at Naruto and struck him again, setting him flying yet farther away.

- He talks just like Gaara did back then, in the hospital, - Naruto thought, - and Gaara… Gaara have changed… and this guy… I think that his way of life has grown into him… He can’t be chaged…
- Are you done yet? - Kazuri grinned, - I still have to kill that girl…
- Don’t you dare tough her! – Naruto put a large effort in order to stand up, - back then, when that guy said that you were a bat in some sense, I thought it was a joke. But now… I see... not only you are skilled like a bat, but you live like one! You are an animal!
- Oh, - Kazuri laughed, - emotions again? You are going to be killed over them, you know…But you know what? I’m reconsidering the way of killing you… I thought that it would be a good idea to drink your blood…But I just thought of something that I will enjoy even more - seeing you being torn into shreds by the Gardozu’s best servant, Migoko, the Lesser Bat. Kuchiyose no Jutsu! (summoning technique)

A giant bat appeared in the air before Naruto, with Kazuri sitting on its head.

- Some large bat you’ve got there, - Naruto smirked, - you are afraid to summon Gardozu himself, right?
- Heh… as I told you, Gardozu is crazed-minded, so usually anyone who summons him ends up dying…but don’t worry, Migoko will take care you…
- No, - Naruto lowered on one knee, - it’s you who should be worried, because that Migoko is no match for a true king! Kuchiyose no Jutsu! (summoning technique)

Gamabunta appeared.

- Oh? You’re full of surprises, brat, - Kazuri smiled.
- Naruto, - Gamabunta exhaled smoke, - what is the meaning of this? I was just on my way to… Oh…- he saw Migoko above, - look whom we have here…Naruto, I assume you want me to help you with this nonsense?
- Yes, Big Boss, please! – Naruto yelled from Gamabunta’s head.
- Huh, - Migoko said, - so I will be drinking blood of Gamabunta. I don’t usually do toads, but considering the fact that he is the King of all toads – it will have to do.
- You teeth will be yanked before you would be able to bite me! Yaaa!

Gamabunta leaped and tried to strike Migoko with his sword, but Migoko dodged with the help of his wings. Gamabunta landed on the ground and spit water bullets. Mikogo produced whirlwind using his wings, and the bullets got trapped.

- Naruto, - Gamabunta said, - we are at a disadvantage here, you know that?
- I know, Big Boss. Do you have any ideas?
- Hm… Is that what you have been training with Jiraiya for? To ask me how to fight your enemies?
- Oh, come on, Boss! All right, I’ll think of something!
- Do it faster, his is coming! Yaaaa!

Migoko rushed for a strike, and Gamabunta leaped away and tried to counter-attack with the sword, but failed.

- I got it! – Naruto yelled! – Just a second… how many kunai do I have…okay, this should be enough! Big Boss! I will need some oil!
- Oil? But Jiraiya didn’t teach you any fire jutsu, or did he?
- Just trust me, Boss! When I say, spit the oil directly above them, and then get away as far as you could!
- I don’t see where this is going, but all right…Tell me when…
- Just let them come a little closer…. Now!!

Gamabunta spit lots of oil just above Migoko and Kazuri. Naruto threw five kunai with explosive tags directly into it, and Gamabunta jumped backwards. Kunai sank in the oil and exploded, scattering the droplets of fiery oil around. Migoko screeched in pain and disappeared, and Kazuri fell on the ground face first, burned severely. Gamabunta grabbed him with his tongue and threw him against a tree.

- Good job, Naruto, - Gamabunta said, - I think, you can take the things from here… I have to hurry back…
- Yeah! Thanks, Boss!

Gamabunta disappeared.

- Well then, - Naruto looked at Kazuri, who was sitting with his back against the tree, - I guess, it’s over… I’m sorry that you have made such a choice for yourself, but because of that I have to make my choice. Chakra Shuriken!
- Good choice, kid…unlike me, - Kazuri sighed, unable to move.

Chakra Sruriken hit all Kazuri’s body, and he fell on the ground.

- Well done, Naruto, - Sataku said from the tree.
- Sataku-sensei, you were watching and didn’t help me??? – Naruto yelled angrily.
- No, no, - Sataku smiled, - it’s not anything like that… I didn’t interfere because you didn’t need help. If something had gone wrong – I would have engaged in the fight as well… But you did it on your own… You have guts, Naruto.
- Yeah… thanks. How is Hinata? Have you found her?
- Yeah. I left her a little behind over there, - Sataku pointed, - She is fine, just unconscious. Go check on her, and I’ll take care of him, - Sataku jumped before Kazuri.
- Right!
- You should know what is going to happen with you, right? - Sataku said to Kazuri, concentrating chakra in his fist.
- Just do what you have to… I don’t care anymore, - Kuzuri said in a guttural voice.
- Fine then, Naruto will no see this.

Sataku crushed Kazuri’s chest with his fist.

- Hinata! – Naruto landed by Hinata – Hinata, can you hear me? Hm… - Naruto dropped on his knees and touched Hinata’s face, - it feels so warm and soft… there are some scratches here and there, and that big bruise on her neck, but aside of that, she looks fine to me…it seems that she is just sleeping… Hinata!
- Don’t, Naruto! –Sataku landed next to Naruto
- But Sataku-sensei, what is wrong with her?
- Nothing, really…she’s fine…
- What do you mean fine?? – Naruto yelled, - you are not a medical ninja!!
- Naruto, shut up. I’m skilled in chakra control, perhaps you figured that out. It’s true that I’m not a medical ninja, but there’s something I am able to do. I tried to feel her inside chakra. It’s very weak… and it’s almost impossible to feel the flow of chakra, but it doesn’t seem to be distorted.
- Just what the hell does that mean?? – Naruto yelled again.
- Geez, come down, - Sataku looked aside, -if anything was wrong with her inner organs – her chakra flow would be irregular. Hers is just fine.
- Then what is wrong with her?? – Naruto looked at Hinata.
- I suspect she has lost all of her chakra in a very short period of time and fell unconscious because of exhaustion. Basically, she is in a light coma. Don’t worry, I’m sure there are medical ninja who works for the feudal lord, to whom we are delivering the letter. I just wonder how could she lose all of her chakra at once…
- Now that you mentioned it…- Naruto sighed, - it probably happened when she saved my life… I thought I was going to die, but Hinata suddenly appeared before me and killed the guy with a single blow… At least, that what that eyeless freak said…
- Oh? – Sataku looked at Naruto.
- She used that special jutsu of hers… No, not a jutsu… I remember something that Kakashi-sensei told me… when Hinata was fighting Neji…Kakashi-sensei said it was another fighting style.
- I see… well then, that makes sense… - Sataku sighed.
- What makes sense? What is it?
- It’s called Jyuuken…
- Yeah, right, I remember now… so what?
- Jyuuken is different style from what you’re used to seeing. With Jyuuken, chakra is delivered with each and every blow, disrupting the flow of chakra in the opponent’s body, and thereby damaging the inner organs that mold chakra. In Hinata’s case, I guess, she was so determined to save you that she forgot to control how much chakra she was releasing, and used all of it up in a single blow. With such an amount of chakra, Hadashi’s chakra flow was severely distorted, his own chakra accumulated in his heart and caused it to burst.
- Wow, - Naruto sounded totally surprised, - Hinata is really amazing.
- But the fact that she released all of her chakra at once weakened her to the extent that she fainted, - Sataku added.
- Yeah, - Naruto looked sadly at Hinata, - I noticed she was about to fall, but then that eyeless freak dashed at her… he was too fast… all I could do in shield her… but she still got hurt…
- Heh, - Sataku smirked, - not as bad as you are…
- What? What do you mean, - Naruto checked himself.
- You have two large bruises on your face, and one of them is on your forehead, you might have some damage to your internal organs, because I can see blood on your chest, which might have come out from your mouth...and overall... you look pretty beat up!
- Just shut up! – Naruto yelled aggressively, - let’s just go fast and get Hinata to the village!
- You will have to carry Hinata, - Sataku smiled, - because I will have to carry all our other things. Is that okay with you? Or I could carry her – either way…
- No, I will carry Hinata, - Naruto lifted Hinata from the ground, - but I can’t carry her on my back, because she can’t hold on being unconscious… I guess, I will carry her in my arms.
- All right, let’s go! – Sataku commanded.


Some time later. Forest.

- According to the map, we’re very close, - Sataku said, - is Hinata any better?
- I… I don’t think so, - Naruto looked sadly at Hinata’s face.
- I see… don’t worry… She will be helped soon.
- Sataku-sensei…
- Huh?
- What did you do to those guys?
- I put all three bodies in a hidden place. I will give the feudal lord the directions, and he will send his people to find and bury them.
- All three? You killed yours… Hinata killed the other one… but… but I thought you said that Chakra Shuriken usually destroy opponent’s chakra… I didn’t know they could kill…
- They can, but that’s not what happened this time, - Sataku sighed.
- What then? - Naruto looked at Sataku.
- I killed him, - Sataku looked away, - I sent you away so you wouldn’t see that happening.
- So, you just killed an almost fainted ninja who couldn’t fight back?? – Naruto asked.
- Basically, yes, - Sataku looked at Naruto, - I may seem pretty cold-blooded, and that’s okay, as long as you understand something…
- What is it? – Naruto turned his head away.
- On of the rules of shinobi is not to leave your enemy not taken care of. We couldn’t take them to the village, so I had no choice. If you beat your enemy down and let him leave – you haven’t proved anything. Moreover, that particular enemy is more likely to come back at you again in the future…
- I see…

Village. Feudal lord’s mansion.
- I am Girojashi Arazi, the lord of this village, - a man in a white robe said, - and I thank you in person for delivering this letter. Although I don’t really understand why Tsunade-sama had to sent three ninja to escort it – it doesn’t contain anything valuable for anyone except for traders, who receive information on which goods to deliver this month.
- You’re lucky that Naruto is not here to hear this, - Sataku sighed - he would have trashed this place…
- Is something wrong? – Arazi asked.
- Well, - Sataku said, - lets just say that this was not supposed to be a mission where a squad member gets injured…The plans were totally different… those three… I didn’t expect them… by the way, did you send your people to take care of them?
- I did - Azari sighed, - And I’m sorry about your squad member, but there’s nothing to worry about; she is with Rozuki, my best and only medical ninja. And the other… Naruto, is it? He hasn’t left her sight since you three got here. Everything is going to be fine.

Medical treatment room.

- Rozuki-san, is Hinata going to be okay, - Naruto asked?
- Naruto, I told you five times, - a tall young man answered, - she will be just fine. Sataku-sama was right, there was no internal damage. Everything I could do was to treat her bruise and scratches. She will awaken tomorrow at noon at the latest. Now, as far as you, - Rozuki looked at Naruto, - I have orders considering you. I have to check you, too. Are you hurt somewhere?
- Well, - Naruto stood up, walked back and forth, sat down and rose up, - my back hurts a little right here, and the two bruises on my face feel itchy.
- Let me feel it, - Rozuki waved his hand over Naruto’s back, - hm… nothing broken… Okay, lay down on the other bed.
- But I’m fine!
- Do it! - Rozuki said strictly.
- All right, all right…

Rozuki waved his hands over Naruto’s body.

- Hm… Sataku-sama was right, again…
- What? What is it?
- There’s a minor internal damage down your throat, and that what caused you to bleed from your mouth. I will heal it momentarily.

Rozuki used healing jutsu on Naruto.

- Okay, this is out of the way… Now, let me just get some ointment for your bruises, - Rozuki reached for the ointment, - all right, my job here is done!
- But what about Hinata? – Naruto stood up.
- Geez, - Rozuki sighed, - you worry too much. She will be left to sleep here overnight. You can stay with her, if you wish.
- Okay… Thank you, Rozuki.


Morning.
- Naruto-kun…- Hinata awoke and saw Naruto sleeping in a chair, - Naruto-kun…
- Huh? What? – Naruto woke up and yawned, - Hinata, you are awake!! How do you feel?
- Ugh… I feel well, Naruto-kun, - Hinata blushed, - where are we?
- Well, - Naruto yawned again, - me and Sataku-sensei finished that eyeless freak… and then we hurried to the village. I carried you right here, and Rozuki took care of you…
- You carried me all the way from there, Naruto-kun? – Hinata looked at Naruto.
- Well… yeah, - Naruto smiled, - I was really worried about you, but I turned out to be even more beaten up than you, - Naruto scratched the bruise on his forehead.
- Huh… now I remember… - Hinata looked down, - the last thing I remember… you protected me… back there… thank you, Naruto-kun
- Oh, don’t worry, - Naruto smiled again, - you protected me, too, so thanks to you as well. You are amazing, Hinata... You were able to kill that guy with one blow…
- What? – Hinata’s pupils widened, - I killed him?
- Wha.. what’s wrong, Hinata? – Naruto sounded worried.
- It’s just… Naruto-kun, - Hinata paused, - I have never killed anyone before…
- Huh? Hey, Hinata, you look so down… Don’t worry… After all... It’s a part of the shinobi life. Besides, if you didn’t kill him, he would have killed me…
- I… I guess so, Naruto-kun, - Hinata looked at Naruto, - are you well yourself?
- I’m fine, - Naruto yawned, - I just didn’t get much sleep…
- Naruto-kun… you sat and watched me through the night? – Hinata turned pale.
- I didn’t want you to wake up in an unknown place in the middle of the night and become worried. Hey, Hinata, are you okay? You look very pale to me…
- Naruto-kun… Thank you, Naruto-kun…
- Oh, no problem, Hinata, – Naruto smiled.
- Naruto-kun carried me all the way here and then stayed up all night, worrying, - Hinata thought and felt happy.
- May I? - Sataku entered.
- Sataku-sensei, - Naruto turned, - Hinata is okay.
- I can see that, - Sataku smirked, - good to have you back, Hinata.
- Thank you, Sataku-sama, - Hinata smiled.
- Is everyone ready for trip back? – Sataku asked.
- Sure are, - Naruto stood up.
- I’m ready, too, - Hinata said.
- All right, then!



Noon. Forest.

- The road home sure seems shorter! It’s good that we don’t have to hurry so we can just walk and enjoy ourselves, right Hinata? - Naruto looked at Hinata.
- Right, Naruto-kun, - Hinata blushed and looked back at Naruto.
- Hey, Sataku-sensei! Sataku-sensei! - Naruto turned and yelled, - I still don’t get why you have to walk behind when the mission is over, but it doesn’t really matter. Are we going to pass that village soon? The one where we ate last night?
- We will be passing it soon, - Sataku said, - why do you ask?
- Well… - Naruto looked at Hinata, - I just remebered that Hinata hasn’t eaten since the last time. We had some food in the village, but Hinata was sleeping. Hey, Hinata, would you like some ramen?
- I… yes, Naruto-kun… now that you mentioned it, I realized that I’m hungry, - Hinata looked at Naruto and smiled.
- All right then!

Village.

- All right, we are finally here - Naruto said excitedly.
- I want you to be at this spot in four hours, - Sataku said.
- No problem! Wait, what? Four…. Hey, where did you go??? – Naruto checked to see where Sataku disappeared, - well, whatever…Let’s go have ourselves some ramen, Hinata!
- Yes, Naruto-kun – Hinata smiled.
- Hm… they finally decided to hold hands, - Sataku thought, watching from a tree and smiling, - as lousy nanny as I was, my mission is now completed….