TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bright Spots by niveaus

[Reviews - 77]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I don't own Naruto, Hinata, or anything from their world.
It was a couple of weeks before Hinata plucked up the courage to walk past Ichiraku's again. However, Naruto wasn't there. She didn't see him the next day either. Or the next. On the fourth day she even dared to stay on the same side of the road as the restaurant. It was on the ninth day, when she was beginning to get used to her new route home, that her contented wanderings were interrupted by a questioning voice:

"Hinata?" Naruto sounded serious. Hinata froze, then very slowly turned to face him. "Are you okay?" he asked. "I've seen you here four times now, and yesterday you even walked round the block twice. Every time you look into Ichiraku's as you pass. Why don't you just go in if you want to eat there?"

"But... But... I never saw you. And with these eyes..." Her voice trailed off, but suddenly Naruto laughed.

"Hehheh. I've been practising going undercover. Ero-sennin says I stand out too much, so I've been transforming every day and trying not to get recognised. Ichiraku's is the toughest, I think they've gotten suspicious because of the amount I eat!"

Hinata felt mortified. He had seen her looking for him! It was no relief to her that instead of a blush breaking out her blood seemed to be draining away. 'I have to go and hide' was her last thought before she fainted.



When Hinata came too she was sitting on a sofa in what appeared to be the back room of a restaurant. She smelt the air. Ramen? Slowly she moved to the door and looked out round the frame. She was in Ichiraku's, and Naruto was devouring a bowl of ramen on the other side of the counter. Naruto! It was all she could do to stop herself fainting again. What must he think of her?

"Hinata!" Hinata looked up with an expression of panic as there was a flash of orange and Naruto was standing beside her. She began to back away, fighting down her blush, but Naruto grabbed her arm and pulled her to a stool.

"Here," he said, "have the rest of my ramen."

The rest... of his ramen? Naruto was giving her his precious ramen?

"No Naruto-kun, thank you but..." she stuttered, pushing the bowl back to him. But Naruto was cheerfully chatting with Ichiraku. She looked down at the ramen. It did smell good. And wasn't this what she had always wanted? To eat ramen with Naruto? She took a small mouthful. It was so different from the expensive delicacies they ate at home. Spicy and hot, she felt her eyes begin to moisten. How strong did Naruto like his ramen? But maybe... maybe she liked it like this too.

"Come on Hinata, eat up! It'll get cold." Naruto had returned his attention to her. "You must have trained too hard, fainting like that. You need more ramen!"

"Oh no Naruto-kun. I'm fine. I...I have to go home," she mumbled, slipping off the stool.

"Huh?" Naruto looked puzzled. Then his face cleared. "Well, see you later then!"

Hinata stumbled out of the restaurant and round the corner where she lent heavily against a wooden lamp post. What had she done, what had she done! She was so embarassed! She musn't ever come this way again. Ever. Or at least not for a week or so. Oh dear. She was very confused. Her feet began to take her back to the restaurant. Naruto-kun is there, he invited me to eat ramen with him. It would be rude not too. But her head panicked and she sighed and began to walk wearily the other way.

"Hinata! Hinata!" Footsteps sounded behind her. "Ichiraku said I should walk you home." He grinned, adjusting his forehead protector. "What if you faint again!"

Underneath her shocked expression a small smile formed. 'That's more likely to happen if you do walk me home' she thought. But it seemed she didn't have a choice.

"Come on!"

She had to run to keep up with him. 'Has he forgotten I'm meant to be ill?' Hinata wondered. They soon arrived at her gate and Naruto stopped.

"That was fun!" he said. "You should come and eat ramen again soon!" And before Hinata could even think of blushing Naruto was gone.



Again a small smile formed, deep inside her.

"Maybe I will," she whispered, "maybe I will."