TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Music is from the heart by Hinagirl326

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: this gets kinda funny later on. plz review. and check out my other story. :)
Chapter 1: the mission

We had all gathered in Tsunade Sama’s office for a particular mission. I thought that meant really dangerous. But that’s not what it was. We were shocked at the mission. It was more horrible then all the other missions combined. “A singing contest?!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. (I can’t help it. It may be boring but it gets better. To me.) I was in hysterics. Tsunade Sama had her patented ‘this is so funny, I love watching his head blow off’ smirk on her face. I gave up yelling but just kept glaring to let her continue. “Okay, now that Naruto has had his yelling fit I can continue.” All the childish girls started to giggle. “Now, yes the contest does include singing, but first we assign you someone to sing about. You have to tell us whether you’re doing a duet about each other. You can choose any song you like. Just as long as it associates itself with the person you’re singing about. Now the groups are….Sasuke and sakura, Neji and tenten, lee and kiba, shikamaru and ino, shino and chouji and last but not least Hinata and Naruto. Have fun and remember no songs that include predjudice or swearing.” She then smiled and motioned for us to leave. Everyone got into their groups and started discussing whether they should do a duets and what songs they should sing.

Me and hinata walked up to hokage mountain and started discussing what song we should sing. “We should do a duet. You know. To make it easier.” I said while shrugging. Hinata started tenting her fingers while nodding. “O..Okay. But wh..what s..s..song should w..we sing?” she said while doing that stuttering thing that I find cute. “I don’t know. Mabye….something by Linkin Park?” I said while watching Hinata frown in thought. “how about s..something that h..has a f..f..female s..singer.” she said. I smiled sheepishly. Then I thought of something. “I heard this song on the radio that I kinda liked.” She looked at me in interest then she blushed and looked away. “what s..s..song would th..that be?” she said, still blushing. “I can’t remember what it’s called but it goes like this.” I then breathed in deeply preparing to sing.

N: Have you ever seen such a beautiful night?

Then hinata must’ve known what song I was talking about because she joined in.

H: I could almost kiss the stars for shining so bright
N: when I see you smiling I go oh oh oh
H: I would never want to miss this
N: cause in my heart I know what this is.
Both: this is what dreams are made of
Both: this is what dreams are made of

“Yeah that’s the song.” I said blushing at the fact that Hinata could sing so beautifully. “it’s called this is what dreams are made of. I l..like that song. By the way you s..sing really w..well.” she said this, blushing again. “we know we’re doing a duet and what song we’re singing. We just need to practice and tell Tsunade what we’re doing.” She nodded. We decided to go to tsunade first.

When we got there half the other people were their in their groups. We both walked up to sasuke and sakura. “hi guys. So what are you singing?” I said with my hands behind my head. “we’re going to sing wish I could stay. It’s from this tv show.” Sakura said. Sasuke mumbled under his breath “at least it’s a short song.” Then sasuke said loud enough for humans to hear “what are you two singing?” I blushed and replied “This is what dreams are made of. I heard it on the radio and it was the only song I knew that had a guy and girl duet.” Sakura squealed and said, “I love that song. Are you going to do the ballad version or the pop version?” I looked at her confused. “there are 2 versions?” I looked over at hinata. “your choice, ballad or pop?” I asked her. She started blushing again. “l..l..let’s go w..with the p..pop version.” She said in quiet voice. Sakura started squealing again which took me and sasuke by surprise so we jumped. “after we see tsunade we should see how each other sounds.” She said nodding furiously. I knew she’d kill me if I disagreed. I looked over at hinata who was nodding. I started to nod as well. Then tsunade stuck her head out of her door and called for us all to come in. neji and tenten were first. “Now what are you singing?” she said in a bored monotone voice. “we’re doing singles and I’ll be singing away from me by evanescence.” Tenten said in a confident voice. And neji said in a just as bored voice “I’m singing weapon by matthew good.” Tsunade nodded her head writing down the notes. “okay you two can go now. Sasuke and sakura, what are you two singing?” sakura spoke again while sasuke mumbled under his breath. “we’re singing wish I could stay. We’re doing a duet.” Sakura said in her usual confident voice. “okay. You two can go now. Shikamaru and ino, what will you two be singing?” she was really bored now. “we’ll be singing bring me to life by evanescence.” In said just as excited as Sakura. “kay, you can go now. Hinata and Naruto, what will you be singing?” I spoke first. “we’re doing a duet and the song is ‘this is what dreams are made of.’” She wrote it down and said we could leave.

We walked down to the park with sasuke and sakura. “so, do you know why no one else was there?” I said bored and trying to find something to break the silence. “I talked to chouji and he said that the other half of the group are going to fake sick to get out of it.” Sasuke said. “oh.” We stayed silent till we found a spot to sit. Sakura broke the silence and said, “okay, you two go first.” I put on my best defiant voice and said, “no. you guys should go first. It was your idea.” Sakura sighed and nodded. “you ready sasuke?” sasuke mumbled a ‘yeah’ before standing up and getting ready to sing.

Sak: I’m under your spell, god how can this be, playing with my memory,
You know I’ve been through hell, sasuke don’t you see, they’ll be nothing left of me
You made me believe

Sas: believe me I don’t want to go

Both: and it’ll grieve me cause I love you so, but we both know

At same time
Sas: wish I could say the right words to lead you through this land, wish I could play the brother, and take you by the hand. Wish I could stay

Sak: wish I could trust that it was just this once but I must do what I must, I can’t adjust to this, disgust with done and I just wish I stay

Both: wish I could stay x3

We were both in shock. They were really good. “wow.” Was all I could say. They both sat down. “okay. You’re turn.” Me and Hinata stood up reluctantly. “ready hinata?” she nodded smiling.

N: have you ever seen such a beautiful night
H: I could almost kiss the stars for shining so bright
N: when I see you smiling I go oh oh oh
H: I would never want to miss this
N: cause in my heart I know what this is

Both: this is what dreams are made of
This is what dreams are made of
I’ve got somewhere I belong
I’ve got somebody to love
This is what dreams are made of

N: have you ever wondered what life is about?
H: you could search the world and never figure it out
N: you don’t have to sail the oceans no no no
H: happiness is no mystery it’s
N: here and now
Both: it’s you and me

Both: This is what dreams are made of x2
I’ve got somewhere I belong
I’ve got somebody to love
This is what dreams are made of

N: open your eyes
H: shout to the skies
N: when I see you smiling I go oh oh oh
H: yesterday my life was duller
N: now everything’s techni colour

Both: this is what dreams are made of x2
I’ve got somewhere I belong
I’ve got somebody to love
This is what dreams
Dreams
This is what dreams
Are made of
Hey now
This is what dreams
What dreams are made of

We both finished at the same time. If you looked at sasuke’s and sakura’s face then you’d swear their jaws had unhinged. They were completely shocked. We couldn’t have been that bad. I thought. Sakura and sasuke seemed to have come out of their trance. The first thing sasuke said was, “dobe, when did you learn to sing, that was……amazing!” sasuke said smiling. “yeah, and hinata, who taught you how to sing cause I want their number.” Me and hinata were blushing furiously. Sakura turned to sasuke and said “we need to practice if we want to beat them.” Sasuke nodded really quickly. “bye Hinata, bye dobe.” They left in a hurry but you could hear them singing. “you really think we were that good?” I said to hinata. “w..w..well we could go and do the same thing with Neji and Tenten.” I thought about it and replied “nah. They’d be too bored. We should just go and practice.”

We went walking around town. When we reached the river we saw sakura and sasuke talking to shikamru, ino, neji and tenten. We silently agreed to listen to their conversation. “you guys, have you ever heard Naruto and hinata sing?” sakura said to the others. They all shook their heads. “they’re amazing. It’s like they took singing lessons from the best singers in the world.” Sasuke said like he was talking about himself. Me and hinata looked at each other and smiled. We both stood up from crouching and walked over to the others. “hey guys, whatcha talking about?” I said putting on my best fake interested voice. “Well, we were telling Shikamaru, ino, neji and tenten about what we thought of your singing.” The two other groups were whispering to each other. The other 3 pushed ino forward and she said in a nervous voice, “would you sing for us so we know what they’re talking about?” I looked at hinata and she inclined her head. “okay. Hinata let’s do it.” We started.

After we finished singing all the others were looking relatively like sasuke and sakura. All of them were shocked. Ino was the person that spoke first, “Hinata, I’d say you sing better than hilary duff but that would be an understatement.” Neji put on a pouty face and said in a very jealous tone, “why didn’t I get that kinda voice. I’m your cousin, we’re supposed to have qualities like singing voices.” Hinata giggled at his face. Shikamaru and tenten commented on my voice. “Naruto, could I perhaps get you to lipsynch for my performance cause there’s no way I can beat that.” Shikamaru said with a joking tone. “yeah, me too.” Tenten said obviously unable to make a comment on her own. Me and Hinata were blushing way more than with sasuke and sakura. “well me and hinata need to go and practice. Bye.” I and hinata walked off to Mount hokage to practice.