TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Lightning by Apythii

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Enjoy my story
Lightning
Written by Apythii
Chapter 1
Lightning speared the surrounding hills, piercing the black clouds suffocating the sky. As the wind and rain beat against the earth, sounds cacophonous with the crashing thunder, the sporadic light edged the world in hints of quicksilver. A solitary figure fought off an imaginary horde of foes, braving the elements alone.
Naruto panted as he continued the rigorous training set he had given himself. Ero-sennin was probably at one of the local whorehouses “researching”. Most of the time, Naruto ended up training on his own. Humph, six years and he still hadn’t gotten Sasuke back. Three years previous, he had been so close.
Flashback
Sasuke stood before Orochimaru, fully prepared to accept his soul into his body. With a near inhuman yell, Naruto leapt at the Snake Sannin. Orochimaru, overwhelmed by his anticipation for his new body, was caught off guard. Growling, Naruto charged the evil thing before him, a rasengan springing to life in his hands. As he continued his attack, Naruto forced all his chakra into that rasengan. On an impulse, he started a sealing technique that he knew would be useless against the Sannin before him. Naruto hadn’t even mastered it yet, and it wasn’t lethal to begin with. All it did was preserve food for at least four years-and no jutsu could break this seal. Extremely useful on missions, useless on the battlefield. Nevertheless, Naruto combined his rasengan and the preservation sealing jutsu. Blind with fury, Naruto’s attack hit it’s target. Orochimaru flew backwards, hitting the wall with terrible force. However, he got back up, giggling insanely. “That tickled”, he mocked, “but now I can let you watch me take over your friend’s body”. Sasuke watched with haunted eyes, unable to do anything with the curse seal tainting his mind. Suddenly, Orochimaru bound Naruto with chakra ropes and turned back to Sasuke. “Now for my body”, he cackled, “…”. Nothing happened. Incensed, Orochimaru spat, “What the hell is going on?” Something clicked in the Snake Sannin’s mind, and he looked at his chest-the spot where Naruto’s rasengan hit. Instead of a wound, there was a spiraling mark that looked exactly like the preservation seal. Stepping out of the shadows, Jiraiya laughed heartily. “It seemed Naruto sealed your soul to that body for four more years!” Jiraiya’s face bespoke nothing but mirth. “You know better than I that that seal cannot be broken for that long, you used it as a model for you immortality jutsu!” Orochimaru grabbed the entranced Sasuke, “You’ll die for this Naruto!” and he fled
End Flashback
“SASUKE! I WILL BRING YOU BACK!” Naruto shouted in frustration. As his emotions were poured into the air, he collapsed from exhaustion. Being days away from Konoha, Naruto felt that he needed to up his training. How else is he going to keep up, and surpass, the Uchiha? Gathering himself, Naruto jumped back into his fighting stance and sparred with his imagination.
Naruto summoned up his chakra and began a smooth, fluid set of motions. Flowing forward with his right foot, he moved into a roundhouse kick quickly followed by an aerial jump. As he imagined an opponent jumping to meet him, he used a burst of chakra to change direction in mid-air. Landing lightly on hi feet, he launched himself into a gracefully executed combination of punches followed up with a dizzying set of kick that would send any foe sky high.
After completing the combination, he created five Shadow Clones and vaulted into the raging sky. Using the clones as platforms, he surrounded his mental foe and began an endless aerial combination that required no stopping or pausing. Eventually, maintaining the clones exhausted his chakra supply and they disappeared in a puff of smoke. Naruto nimbly fell to the ground, cushioning his fall with final burst of chakra to support his legs. As the rain plastered his golden locks to his whiskered face, Naruto let an uneasy sleep fall over him.
A few hours later, Naruto awoke feeling as if a set of Lee’s training weights were attached to his eyelids. Slowly pushing himself up, Naruto readied himself for a more ninjutsu-oriented training set. Ignoring his depleted chakra, Naruto forced himself to create two Shadow Clones and began to experiment with the makeup of his replications. Ero-sennin’s words chose to replay themselves in his mind, “Naruto, never try to create a new jutsu when your chakra is depleted…it is dangerous. Too many things can go wrong.” Dispelling his doubts, Naruto shouted, “What could happen to me? I’m gonna be Hokage, and I can’t be beat! What does that pervert know anyway?” Continuing with his training, Naruto let his imagination take over.
Focusing on his two clones, he allowed himself to sense the clone’s chakra systems. Suddenly inspiration struck him! “Yes!” he thought to himself, “No one will every believe this cool jutsu! Having mastered the rasengan, Naruto was a master at molding chakra. Though he couldn’t mold anything useful at a distance, what were Shadow Clones but an extension of himself, right? Using a small amount of chakra, Naruto began to re-shape the clones chakra supply. He started to siphon all the chakra into the center of each clone, only leaving the bare minimum for movement. Then, he started to mold the chakra. When he finished, he sent the clones to crash themselves into one of the surrounding trees.
Two HUGE explosions ripped through the area, larger than any rasengan could make. Cackling with glee, Naruto pranced around his handiwork. “Ha! I knew it! I can mold the chakra systems in my Shadow Clones!” Naruto had used all of the extra chakra that was pooled in the center of each clone to form a version of the rasengan. What Naruto HADN’T expected to happen was that the ‘rasengan clones’ had increased the surface area and volume of the explosion, magnifying its effects tenfold. Still, this was awesome! All he need now was to figure out if he could make the Shadow Clone Rasengans by tweaking the hand signs, without having to pause and mold the chakra.
Naruto dropped down on the soaked grass, staring at the sky as lightning played across the clouds, his thought punctuated by the terrible staccato of thunder. “What the crap can I do to make this jutsu better? Naruto thought. “Maybe if I just through some stuff together…and then it was decided. Trembling with excitement and suppressed nervousness, Naruto stood on his feet. He performed the normal hand sighs for Shadow clones, but then added some of the hand signs he saw Sasuke use for his Fireball jutsu.
Naruto jumped as he felt a surge of chakra gather around him, “Where did this chakra come from?” Opening his eyes, he looked around to see if someone had was watching him train. No one was around, and instantly, the other chakra was gone to.
Then Naruto was flung into the air as he was struck by a bolt of lightning. As his body was pierced by a powerful blade of pure energy, he recognized it as the chakra that he had sensed earlier. Bolt after bolt of highly charger lightning lanced through his ragged body. Overwhelmed by the immensity of the power moving through him, Naruto’s world turned black.
Kyubbi roared within his cage. “Something is not right! What was that chakra earlier!” Having lived for several centuries, the ancient fox demon was seldom surprised by something new. This chakra though, frightened him, which enraged him. Howling, he threw himself at the bars of his prison, desperately wanting to get out, to run, to fight whatever was out there. “There it is again, but stronger! It’s, it’s in the brat’s body!” Kyubbi panicked, knowing that he was so close to gaining control of his keeper’s body and finally getting his freedom. That strange chakra flooded into the demon’s cage, obliterating the tainted fox in overwhelming light. Kyubbi’s last thoughts were those of horror, “Wha…what is happe-…”
Jiraiya stepped into the clearing where Naruto always trained while he was…researching. He knew the boy wanted to learn more, but he had already taught him everything he knew. All that was left was to supervise the blond boy…He’s not a boy any longer. Naruto was a strong eighteen, and had the most promise he had ever seen in a student. I wonder if he has that bloodline trait…All of Jiraiya’s thoughts stopped as he saw Naruto’s body lying on the ground, the edged of his clothing charred. Every now and them, sparks would travel the length of his body. Quickly pulling Naruto off the ground, Jiraiya teleported to the Konoha hospital. “Get me the Godaime and a room!” he gasped, as the toll of teleporting over such a distance took hold. “Tell the Hokage that Naruto is in danger!” The startled nursed jumped, “H-Hai!” and she rushed away. A few moment later, he let himself relax. He knew that Tsunade wouldn’t let Naruto die. Jiraiya had some questions for the blond, and some answers as well. So he does have the bloodline trait, but how strongly?