TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Taking A Chance by milliexchan

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So I read all the awesome stories on here, and decided to give it a go myself. This is my first fanfic, so please ket me know what I can improve on/What you liked. There will be sex in it, but also romance, and I promise it will be tasteful =P

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
The cool breeze swept through the grass and ruffled the lonesome teenager’s already messy hair. His face was set in a grimace, his eyes set on the horizon, and the way home. The sun was setting, and soon it would be dark, and although he was not one to be afraid, he did not want to be caught out in the night. A large, white dog trotted along beside him, sneaking a sideways glance at his companion now and again. Something was not quite right, and he knew it, could almost smell it on his friend. Inuzuka Kiba was 18 now. He had grown in many ways, and Akamaru, his faithful dog and comrade had been there through it all. But this feeling, this emotion emanating from the boy…this was new. He did not know whether he liked it. He looked up to Kiba’s face and noticed he blinked away tears. He barked. “You’re right, Akamaru. We’d best get a move on and get home.” Kiba replied, and they ran, into the growing darkness, back towards Konoha.

* Before *

Hinata sat in front of her mirror, taking in her reflection slowly. Her large, pale eyes stared back at her, as if they saw through her…No…into her… If only she had the courage to look at him this way. Then he would surely know just how much she felt for him, just how special he was to her…
A knock on the door startled her from her mirror-vigil. It was 7:30pm, the usual time for her cousin Neji to come collect her for their nightly walk. Ever since he and her father had begun training together after the Chuunin exams, their relationship had grown, and they spent more time together as brother and sister would. Slowly she rose from her chair, and walked over to the door. She swung it open, “Neji-niisan! You are just on time.” She smiled at her handsome older cousin as he held out his arm. She took it, and they left the Hyuuga compound together, arm-in-arm, in near silence as always. She liked it better this way. Almost all her other friends were talkative (in Naruto’s case, overtalkative) and although she loved them dearly, it was nice to just walk with someone who appreciated content silences as much as she. The sun had set now, leaving the streets of Konoha lamp-lit and hushed; the cool autumn wind made her shiver slightly, and she pulled her jacket closer around her. Neji gave her one of his rare smiles, and she felt at ease, thankful they both had this respite between missions. These night time strolls sometimes felt like the only calm in the busy, bustling life of Konoha.

*

How long had he been there? He didn’t know; he didn’t care. All he knew was that he didn’t want to move from that spot. Not after what he’d seen, not after what he’d felt surge up inside him. It was as if his insides had turned to acid, and had then frozen…It was the only way to describe how his body felt. Akamaru lay by his side, puzzled. Why was Kiba being like this? What had upset him so much on seeing Hinata? After all, he had seen her nearly everyday for years. Something was wrong, and he did not like it one bit.
Kiba closed his eyes and lay back against the tree trunk. He was hidden by thick bushes and undergrowth, but could see straight out onto the path below his grassy verge. It was there he had seen it. Hinata and him, the look in her eyes, his hand on hers, her blushing cheeks, a sweet whisper. And then they were gone. It must have only taken a few seconds for them, but for Kiba this was a lifetime. He finally headed home well past midnight. Akamaru gave him a dejected look and settled himself in the corner of the bedroom, not pleased with Kiba for not sharing his problem.
Kiba lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to work out what was going on inside his head.

*

Tonight, they had met in the street, by accident. She had practiced that look. It sounded so silly, but she knew it had worked. How she’d longed for him over the years and finally he noticed her, his hand on hers; she had blushed, that couldn’t be helped; “You look pretty tonight, Hinata.” The sweet, whispered words she had dreamt about.
Neji had left the village on a mission two days ago. It meant she had been alone for her evening walks, but she did not mind.
This second night, as she neared the Hokage’s Tower, she realised she was not as alone as she thought. Footsteps shadowed her own. Most people were inside, having dinner, putting children to bed. She could hear laughter from far away. She stopped next to a group of trees on a grassy verge, a bench just underneath, and she turned. Her heart leapt; it was him. He smiled at her and sat down on the bench, gesturing for her to sit beside him.
“I wanted to find you, because…because I’ve never realised it before…well…I was talking to Sakura-chan and she let it slip that…and well…you know …” Naruto struggled with his words, for once tongue tied. “But anyway…You look pretty tonight, Hinata. I just wanted to tell you that I’ve noticed.”
These last words were whispered as he touched her hand. Then he rose and left her. She sat for a while, face flushed from his brief touch, a small smile playing on her lips. So obviously Sakura had told Naruto the feelings she had harboured for so long. That was why she’d told her. She knew it would get out eventually. She was surprised he’d never known before. The years of stuttering, going bright red and passing out at a mere glance from him surely should have given him a sign… But then again, maybe he had just thought she was a bit weird?
She thought of this all the way home, and to her bed, not knowing that not one, but two others were thinking of the same encounter too.