TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


What he REALLY reads by cavedwellers

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: WARNINGS: mild references to kakairu, stalking, Icha Icha paradise, torture for those with sick minds, one swear word (shock shock)
DISCLAIMER: yes, I own Naruto, that's exactly why I'm writing fanfictions for it -and you're reading this in a beachside hotel on a cloud of magical fairy dust in the middle of a black hole some 500 light years from here...? No, I don't own it. I just have no life

------------------

Icha Icha Paradise, the infamous porn series written by the famous perverted Toad Sannin, Jiraiya. One Hatake Kakashi was a huge fan of both, but for reasons far different than what most people believed...

To say that Jiraiya focused solely on porn in his books would only make you half right. Yes, there were hot sex scenes, but what most people overlooked was WHO had the hot sex. Were they all under-developed characters skipping around skipping around a poor, flimsy excuse for a plot of the Sannin's own making? No, reputation followed the notorious series everywhere it went and very few people gave it a chance for fear of their 'virgin' minds.

Of course, Kakashi had to admit that while the lack of fellow fans to compete with when buying the newest addition in the special tropical edition series was very nice, there were also never other people there to discuss it with, which was quite the let down.

But then again, he knew from first-hand experience how addictive they were. Once you read a particularly good one, there was no turning back. Oh yes, Kakashi knew that once you pinpointed your preferences then BAM! You were hooked and there was no way you could get away from it until you had read them all -and since Jiraiya was still very much alive, there was no reason for them to stop coming. This ultimately meant that you were still going to be firmly hooked for a good while yet.

Sometimes, the only words he could use to describe the plot were: "completely and utterly RANDOM." Honestly, he sometimes had to wonder where the old man came up with them. And for the life of him, Kakashi could never think of a more appropriate situation for the phrase "what the fuck?" before or after discovering the series.

On the other hand, there were marvelously crafted plots that truly made him admire and respect the Sannin a little more than he did before for producing it. Of course, that didn't mean that there weren't the occasional sex scenes in these, too -but hey, nobody was perfect, right?

Some people chose to read them alone when they had a lot of free time and suddenly didn't give a flying shit who was watching -even if they were the type of person who was always careful not to mess up their reputation. Others (namely Kakashi) kept them on their person and broke it out every chance they got, regardless what other people thought of them for it.

And there were still OTHER people -like Iruka- who had to keep their collections a secret from everyone and only read when they were absolutely CERTAIN that no one else was around and watching them. (Now we must remember that Iruka is only a chuunin, and that he could be easily fooled by a skilled jounin who REALLY didn't want to be sensed... well, let's just say that Kakashi knew things about Iruka that no one else knew and leave it at that, shall we?)

Besides, Kakashi knew for a fact that taking up residence in a large village full of ninja guaranteed that you only felt completely alone and unwatched on the rarest of occasions. For that, he had to say that he pitied Iruka: it would probably take him about a year just to finish the first novel of the first series. At the rate he was going, even if he made it to 75, he probably STILL wouldn't be done with them all...

Occasionally while reading them, you couldn't help but laugh out loud, which in turn gets you pinned with some rather interesting looks before the people around you slowly start to inch away. Kakashi had even witnessed some mothers either turn and tell their children never to be like that when they grow up and stay away from people like that, or march right up to the reader and scold them for reading such material in public -ESPECIALLY after one such laughing incident. Frankly, he found the latter to be absolutely hilarious -well, when it wasn't happening to HIM, that is...

More often than not, this particular choice of reading material gave you a strange feeling in the pit of your stomach -and other places as well, but he didn't feel like getting into that other than saying that it was a rather... interesting sensation...

And believe it or not, Icha Icha Paradise is actually the object of much controversial arguments...

Now, don't jump to conclusions, Kakashi DEFINITELY had his preferences. His preferences were so... preferred, that they might just be considered unhealthy by some people. What really separated him from the rest of the Icha Icha reading community was that he didn't feel so attached to them as to go and start a few spats on their behalf. If he didn't like what he was reading, then he simply skipped over it and moved on, no pain, and no offense taken. It really didn't have to be as drawn-out and dramatic as people made it out to be -but that was how it was, and he supposed that was how it would stay for a good long time, so he might as well make life easier for himself and learn to deal with it, right?

So yes, on the whole, the 'rumors' were very much true. Even through all of the flamers, crack couples, yaoi, and smut, the notorious copy-nin Hatake Kakashi was -for lack of a better word- ADDICTED to the collections of fanfictions found in Jiraiya's Icha Icha Paradise.