TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sunlight and Shadows by daedream freefall

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sunlight and Shadows


Hyuuga Hinata was afraid of failure. With every step taken there was chance of tripping. Like for every piece of sunlight there would always be a shadow. Every chance to look onto that sunlight, the Hyuuga girl could not face it without the fear of being burned. So she turned her back on it, and was faced with only the shadow.

Yet while staying in her place other objects came into view, other people. The tanned blonde haired boy jumped in and stole her attention. At one time with a smile the boy approached her. Sitting beside her on the abandoned swing set they sat in silence in the setting sun. She noticed his dirty clothing and the scratches on his six-year-old body. She had heard of this morning’s incident from her father’s conversation with another relative. ‘The container was attacked again.’ ‘Relatives of lost ones from that event no doubt…’ ‘The Third has issued their punishment…won’t do much good.’ ‘It doesn’t take any ability to know their thoughts towards him, thinking things such as he deserved it and such.’

She watched as he turned towards her and the setting sun behind her, and watched her, almost as if he expected her too to lash out at him. She moved her eyes to her lap and shifted her fingers over the bandages she held to tend to her wounds caused by her training, and her father. With all her strength she held out her hand towards the six-year-old sunlight and with squinted eyes she timidly took his hand and began to tend to it. Encouraged by this, the battered sunlight shown once again and began to tell his recent adventure, proudly exclaiming when he was able to kick one offender in the shins or bite another’s arm or land a punch to an eye. The pale girl would continue to bandage his cuts amazed how the bruises would wash off his tanned skin leaving no darkness to haunt him. She watched how her father came, how he moved his voice to him forbidding him to bring himself towards their property again. She watched as he turned to leave, and how he turned back to smile at her and she heard his thoughts. ‘Its alright….I’ll see you around....’ she watched as his figure disappeared, taking the sun’s last piece of light as it sank into the earth. Short after her father too left but she didn’t notice his retreating back, or the bruises that grew on her skin.

She couldn’t speak to that sunlight until years passed and took her to the chuunin exam where she had to face herself through her cousin Neiji. The main house girl smiled as she watched Neiji, cursing her existence, as he prepared to once again attack her. She remembered watching her words hit him, stronger than any damage he gave her. And she watched as his eyes opened just a little. She remembered waking up with her team members, her friends watching her eyes open and greeting her return. She remembered thanking that moment when her shadow could not be found.

Hyuuga Hinata was always followed by failure. The main branch member was always haunted. In a house with so many blood relatives, it was still possible to be completely alone. She didn’t blame anybody, because nobody was at fault, they were merely following tradition, one that trapped them. She wanted to change it, to see a smiling face instead of one that explained no conversation could be found with them. But to do that one had to be leader. To attain that status one had to be strong. In her family’s eyes she failed at her one task. The one who had to fit the mold of Hyuuga was the one that was least shaped like them. She could see the disgust in their eyes, those so similar to hers. They became ghosts, haunting her, reminding her of failure and weakness. They were floating above the ground with no shadow while she clumsily walked tagged by her dark stalker.

She had to turn away, especially from the one whose opinion matter most to her, her father. She wouldn’t argue when he attacked her, telling her every time to get up until she fell unconscious at his feet. And every time she woke up she would see Neiji by her side. But she knew he was there just to make sure she woke up. She would thank him then he would leave. Her family, were just strangers with a similar goal. It seemed everyone just wanted Hyuuga to live forever. And when faced with a malfunction one had to replace it. Hinata accepted it, because a Hyuuga shouldn’t be followed by failure.

The pale skinned girl would soon be found training in her own territory, away from Hyuuga land in the forest where she shared it with others. Training on one side, and tending to others’ injuries on another. She enjoyed this new found happiness. She cherished learning taijutsu techniques from Rock Lee, smiling when she sparred with Shino, blushed when the Sakura, Ino and Kurenai-sensei would force her into an outfit to match her growing body, and laugh when Naruto and Kiba would play the fools just to cheer her up. But she would always keep the memories of Neiji coming some days to practice with the others.

But it seemed that her shadow would always be there. When Hannabi was declared as the head of the main family, Hinata accepted it. When Neiji was declared her fiancé, Hinata fell into her shadow, and had to accept it. She couldn’t hear Neiji screaming at the Hyuuga that he did not accept it.

Sixteen-year-old Hinata was afraid of failure, she feared the burn she would get whenever she would try to reach for the sunlight. It terrified her most if a loved one got burned on account of her. When she ran out of the main house she decided that she wouldn’t allow anyone to suffer again because of her. She was stopped by a hand that caught her arm. There staring at her was the one she most didn’t want to suffer on her account. He stared at the garden of bruises infesting throughout her body, . Hinata smiled melancholically at the face she had grown to cherish. No longer a ghost, she thought, as she took advantage of his shocked posture. With a small movement of her wrist she made sure to keep him away from her. There were times when Hinata believed that even with a shadow it meant that there must be a piece of sunlight somewhere. But on this moonless night Hinata was consumed by her failures and weakness. Neiji fell to his knees, trying his best to stay conscious, his last glimpse he saw Hinata. He heard her.

She thanked him.

And then she left.

Neiji.

And Konoha.







*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*
Ok well this is the somewhat the prologue. I had wanted to make this real short but there was so much to add that this is how it ended up. This fic will be concentrated around Hinata but the other Naruto characters will be included (especially Gaara : D !!!!)The second chapter will be out shortly. I type reallllllly slowly. This took me more than 5 hours the type ==___==; Well anyways, thanks for reading, and constructive criticism is very much appreciated.