TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A New Beginning by Nightmare

[Reviews - 29]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: First chapter. Will upload next chap right after this.
Roles Reversed

It was just like one of those normal days in team 7 with Kakashi being late, Sasuke being emo, and Naruto being hyper with Sakura being the fangirl, except today was different. “Sakura-chan, will you go out with me?” Naruto asked. Sakura just turned and glared at him before saying to him “No you idiot! How many times do I have to tell you that I will never go out with you, you freak! Now go away!” Naruto just stood there stunned before turning away so no one could see the tears coming from his eyes. Are you okay kit? Kyuubi asked, sensing his host's sadness and surprised to feel Naruto cry. 'No, I know that Sakura doesn't like me but I never thought that she would be cruel enough to call me that.” I think that you should stop going after her for once, you have the potential to be the best even without me but your too caught up in that pink haired bitch and you need to let go of that for know so you can become better. 'Yeah, I guess your right, I'm going home though and sleeping, don't worry, I just want to be alone with you for a while, while I get ready to change since your the one I trust the most right now.' Thanks for saying that kit, really and don't worry, I'm always there for you, now lets go. Kakashi arrived just then and after everyone except Naruto yelled 'Your late' said “Okay everyone, todays mission is a class D mission so get ready to go-” He suddenly stopped as he realized that Naruto didn't say anything when he showed up nor did he say anything about the mission. He was even more surprised when Naruto got up and simply walked off toward his apartment leaving the rest of the team in silence and shock as they had never seen Naruto do that before. “Oy, Naruto where do you think you are going?” Said Kakashi and Naruto simply replied “I'm going home.” and then disappeared as he jumped on a building and ran. Kakashi just shrugged and continued with the mission lecture.

At Naruto's Apartment

Naruto entered his apartment and sighed at how bare it was. He slowly changed into his pajamas and went to bed.

In his mind

Welcome kit, you still sad? “Yeah, Kyuubi, I am, now I am trusting you greatly right now so please just let me do this.” Do what kit? Rather then answering the demon fox, Naruto instead went to the seal that closed the cage of Kyuubi, the fox's eyes widened as he realized what Naruto was meaning to do. Are you sure about this kit? You are putting a lot at risk by doing that. “I am Kyuubi and right now I just want to be held and comforted by you.” With that, Naruto ripped off the seal on the cage and entered. He then went to Kyuubi and climbed onto one of his tails and lay down. Kyuubi looked at Naruto as he fell asleep and curled up around him to protect him as he slept. Sleep well kit, tomorrow shall be the first day of your journey to greatness. With that, Kyuubi too closed his eyes and went to sleep, curled protectively around his container, no, his friend.

The next day

Naruto woke up feeling more refreshed then he had ever felt in his life. Ready to go kit? Naruto smiled and said “Believe it!” He then went to his dresser and got out black clothes and put that on instead. 'I feel cooler already!' Nice choice of clothes, now if you will just always wear black, then that will be great. 'Maybe I will Kyuubi, Maybe I will. Heh' Naruto then went to his kitchen and had the usual ramen before writing a note to himself to buy healthier food before leaving to the teams meeting spot. When he got there, he saw that Sasuke and Sakura were already there. He just went to his usual spot at the bridge and waited for Kakashi-sensei. Sakura and Sasuke both wondered what had happened to the blond to make him dress in black for once. “Oy dobe, who died?” Sasuke asked. “Why do you give a crap teme?” Slightly startled at the response that he got, Sasuke simply shut up and started to think about what could have happened to Naruto. Kakashi poofed in and greeted them. “Today, team, instead of a mission, we shall be sparring with each other to train, hows that?” “Fine with me.” Kakashi snapped his head to where the voice came from and was surprised to see that it came from Naruto, specifically a black clad Naruto who seemed to radiate an aura of coolness(couldn't come up with a better word lol). “You gonna stare at me all day sensei or are we going to train?” Naruto asked. Kakashi twitched and then made his happy face. “Well, because of Naruto's apparent...change...he will be sparring with me today. Sasuke, you will be sparring with Sakura.” At this Sakura squealed with joy and Kakashi noted how Naruto didn't seem to care. What happened to him I wonder? Normally he would be complaining about the lack of missions and would be wanting to train with Sakura instead. What the hell is going on? The team then headed off to the training grounds. Its the first day of the rest of your life Naruto, you think you can handle it? 'Your asking the next Hokage that Kyuubi? Heh, of course I can handle it. From now on, I shall dedicate myself to becoming the greatest ninja in all of Konoha!' Heh, thats my kit. The fox chuckled and then got ready to watch the show that would unfold as the new Naruto headed off to show everyone, starting with his team first, that he had what it takes to become the greatest and that he could become the greatest no matter what. It seems that what the pink head said actually helped Naruto. Now to see if she will notice what she has created heheheheh. With that, the fox started going through all of the techniques he knew to see which one he could help Naruto learn first as his kit took his first step to greatness.
Chapter end notes: My first attempt at a fic Yay! Please r&r.